Vegas KDub

Related:
Create New Tag

9/21/2018 5:28 AM

I wanted to post and say something about Watson especially with all that's happened recently with Evans and even Nico to a certain extent. After listening to his podcast with Matthes last night it spoke to me because of what's happening in my life at the moment. Getting divorced after 23 years of marriage, coping with not seeing my son daily which was my world, and being a recovering addict after injuries in this sport and pain pills. If you haven't listened to it take the time to do so, there are some great stories and he opens up in the end about what he's went through after RCH dissolved. Some dark paths for Kdub and we love to poke at him but I have a much greater respect for ole Kenny after listening to him last night.

Photo

|

9/21/2018 5:49 AM

It was a great podcast. You can tell Kenny is a good sincere dude, he's just a (rough) diamond in the rough. It was hard listening too him talk about the recent depression but good to hear he's seeking help and getting himself to move onward and upward. People need to ask for help more often.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


9/21/2018 5:54 AM

Crush wrote:

It was a great podcast. You can tell Kenny is a good sincere dude, he's just a (rough) diamond in the rough. It was hard listening too him talk about the recent depression but good to hear he's seeking help and getting himself to move onward and upward. People need to ask for help more often.

yeah I agree, it's one thing seeking help for alcohol or substances but openly admitting to depression is a little harder for a grown man and father to do. Like it's taking away from your manhood...I think we all hit those valleys and bumps in the road.

|

9/21/2018 7:00 AM

That was a good podcast. I was surprised to hear the stuff at the end. Good for Watson that he was able to turn it around. I will agree, that I have even more respect for him now as a person.

|

9/21/2018 7:07 AM

That was a good podcast...I was bummed to hear about his recent bout with the funk but glad he came through. I wish he would get his podcast back up and running, he had some pretty intense interviews with ex racers who went down the wrong path.

|

9/21/2018 7:12 AM

What about the same haters who constantly bitched about the guy when he was always on the Pulpshow and still when he's guest? Dude is no BS and tells it how it is.
Matthes even mentioned again (probably 3-4 times over the years) that show was dead without 5 grand in hosting and web fees and Watson said give me a few days and rounded up the money in short order.
Dudes been around a LONG ass time. Dudes team won a championship, broke ground doing shit nobody else would.
I never really understood why he gets so much hate.


|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

9/21/2018 7:13 AM

BigDaddyG wrote:

That was a good podcast...I was bummed to hear about his recent bout with the funk but glad he came through. I wish he would get his podcast back up and running, he had some pretty intense interviews with ex racers who went down the wrong path.

I didn't listen to all of them because I think Kenny is good as a co-host. He kinda needs that facilitator or tbf, maybe he just works sitting with someone... perhaps because you're already kinda working pretty hard to get a good interview from some of these guys, it never seemed really fluid... but the content was there.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


9/21/2018 7:15 AM

Crush wrote:

It was a great podcast. You can tell Kenny is a good sincere dude, he's just a (rough) diamond in the rough. It was hard listening too him talk about the recent depression but good to hear he's seeking help and getting himself to move onward and upward. People need to ask for help more often.

Bramlett321 wrote:

yeah I agree, it's one thing seeking help for alcohol or substances but openly admitting to depression is a little harder for a grown man and father to do. Like it's taking away from your manhood...I think we all hit those valleys and bumps in the road.

Everyone does. And it's nothing to worry about for that very reason. People think people who have it all are fine and dandy, they still have two feet and a heartbeat which means it can happen to them.

I had a chat to a bloke the other day who told me some stories about his step-daughter that make Nico Izzi look like a kid having a tantrum in a shopping centre. Everyone has shit going on. Best thing is to sweat and talk to mates.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


9/21/2018 7:17 AM

Moto96 wrote:

What about the same haters who constantly bitched about the guy when he was always on the Pulpshow and still when he's guest? Dude is no BS and tells it how it is.
Matthes even mentioned again (probably 3-4 times over the years) that show was dead without 5 grand in hosting and web fees and Watson said give me a few days and rounded up the money in short order.
Dudes been around a LONG ass time. Dudes team won a championship, broke ground doing shit nobody else would.
I never really understood why he gets so much hate.


If you don't know him he has a cocky, arrogant look about him and dresses the part. First impressions stick.

|

9/21/2018 8:02 AM

Moto96 wrote:

What about the same haters who constantly bitched about the guy when he was always on the Pulpshow and still when he's guest? Dude is no BS and tells it how it is.
Matthes even mentioned again (probably 3-4 times over the years) that show was dead without 5 grand in hosting and web fees and Watson said give me a few days and rounded up the money in short order.
Dudes been around a LONG ass time. Dudes team won a championship, broke ground doing shit nobody else would.
I never really understood why he gets so much hate.


I think you hit the nail on the head, regardless of what anyone thinks about him I believe he's always straight up and not out for himself....hell I just don't wanna see any more of our guys in the obituaries.

|

9/21/2018 9:02 AM

back in like 2004 or so i was in SoCal with a friend and another friend working at TLD at the time. anyway we have a few drinks and then go get sushi. on the way there KDub calls the TLD friend and he ends up coming to sushi with us. he was one of the nicest and most genuine dudes i've ever met in the industry up till then. seemed like a real kind decent guy. i know he's gotten a lot of flak for being a SoCal Bro over the years, and looking at him he looks like the epitome of a Bro. but behind the Bro look, there is a real fuckin' good dude.

|

9/21/2018 9:04 AM

BigDaddyG wrote:

That was a good podcast...I was bummed to hear about his recent bout with the funk but glad he came through. I wish he would get his podcast back up and running, he had some pretty intense interviews with ex racers who went down the wrong path.

Crush wrote:

I didn't listen to all of them because I think Kenny is good as a co-host. He kinda needs that facilitator or tbf, maybe he just works sitting with someone... perhaps because you're already kinda working pretty hard to get a good interview from some of these guys, it never seemed really fluid... but the content was there.

I get ya...and agree 100%, the content was there for sure. At times it was awkward or forced on Kennys part and he was always super nasal-y which bugged the shit out of me, lol. All in all though it was good and he tackled a side of the sport that everyone is so afraid to go there. But yeah, he is better as a co-host for sure.

|

9/21/2018 9:20 AM

Moto96 wrote:

What about the same haters who constantly bitched about the guy when he was always on the Pulpshow and still when he's guest? Dude is no BS and tells it how it is.
Matthes even mentioned again (probably 3-4 times over the years) that show was dead without 5 grand in hosting and web fees and Watson said give me a few days and rounded up the money in short order.
Dudes been around a LONG ass time. Dudes team won a championship, broke ground doing shit nobody else would.
I never really understood why he gets so much hate.


I was one of the people that said i didn't particularly like him on the pulp show. I think he comes off as brash, interruptive, has a habit of saying "oh yeah, well I did this / that" , and an attitude that everyone else is an idiot. There are a lot of guests on the pulp show with BIG accomplishments that show much more humility. The way he talks he comes across as very cocky, but the things he says make him sound pretty insecure.


It sounds like he did single handedly get pulp the life line it needed, and deserves credit. I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I am glad to hear that it sounds like it shows another side of him.

|

Here's to feeling good all the time

9/21/2018 12:54 PM

FuzzyLogic wrote:

I was one of the people that said i didn't particularly like him on the pulp show. I think he comes off as brash, interruptive, has a habit of saying "oh yeah, well I did this / that" , and an attitude that everyone else is an idiot. There are a lot of guests on the pulp show with BIG accomplishments that show much more humility. The way he talks he comes across as very cocky, but the things he says make him sound pretty insecure.


It sounds like he did single handedly get pulp the life line it needed, and deserves credit. I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I am glad to hear that it sounds like it shows another side of him.

He seriously did....I remember exactly when that happened. Matthes talked about it back then multiple times how they needed $5000 or they were gonna close shop. Kenny is a straight up hustler when he needs to be.

|

9/21/2018 1:04 PM

I've always liked Kenny on the show. He maybe hasn't always had the best way of saying things but I think he's always meant well and seems to do a lot for other people within the industry. Just seems like a good guy who doesn't need the recognition for what he's done and does.

|

9/21/2018 1:23 PM

I've always been a fan of KDub. I'm rooting for him now more than ever.

|

9/21/2018 1:39 PM

He gets more hate than a lot of co host. I respect
The fact he is 100% open and honest about his struggl. Makes me feel a lil bit better about my situation

|

9/21/2018 1:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/21/2018 1:40 PM

|

9/21/2018 1:56 PM

Just so that we’re all clear, there is only 1 Kdub and he lives in Louisiana

|

9/21/2018 2:27 PM

MrKnowNothing wrote:

Just so that we’re all clear, there is only 1 Kdub and he lives in Louisiana

Fact^^^

|

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital

9/21/2018 2:53 PM

Can someone give me the condensed version of what this has to do with Kdub please,

|

9/21/2018 4:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/21/2018 4:41 PM

beamer wrote:

Can someone give me the condensed version of what this has to do with Kdub please,

Man after KDub left RCH he had a tough time trying to figure what the hell his purpose was to be now. If you’ve followed Kenny’s career this is ALL he’s ever done. He’s started teams, managed teams, been a goggle guy....from a $5000 budget to a million dollar budget he’s done it. With all that being said and his career coming to an abrupt end he spun into a deep depression where he didn’t leave his house for two months and was questioning whether he was going to continue to live. He sought help from friends and professionals now he’s taking life one day at a time and that’s a great thing.

|

9/21/2018 4:45 PM

That podcast was awesome! Definitely didn't expect that when I started listening to it. He motivated me to get in and see my therapist to get my struggles taken care of. He's a good dude.

|

9/21/2018 5:27 PM

MrKnowNothing wrote:

Just so that we’re all clear, there is only 1 Kdub and he lives in Louisiana

GIwasB4 wrote:

Fact^^^

This must be true. I was getting more and more confused reading this thread until I realized you guys were talking about Kenny Watson.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

9/22/2018 7:34 AM

Bramlett321 wrote:

I wanted to post and say something about Watson especially with all that's happened recently with Evans and even Nico to a certain extent. After listening to his podcast with Matthes last night it spoke to me because of what's happening in my life at the moment. Getting divorced after 23 years of marriage, coping with not seeing my son daily which was my world, and being a recovering addict after injuries in this sport and pain pills. If you haven't listened to it take the time to do so, there are some great stories and he opens up in the end about what he's went through after RCH dissolved. Some dark paths for Kdub and we love to poke at him but I have a much greater respect for ole Kenny after listening to him last night.

Photo

Waich Pulp show was that, #348?

|

9/22/2018 7:47 AM

Which podcast is this? Is it on the pulp app because I can’t seem to find it if it’s a recent one.

|

9/22/2018 7:52 AM

Always seemed like a genuine guy to me. Just at times his mood would get in the way. His opening up about his demons and dealing with it explained a lot. It can be particularly difficult to put it out there like he did. Glad he did it and that he’s made the progress he has. Best of luck to Kenny in his future ventures.

|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

9/22/2018 8:03 AM

orange_44 wrote:

Which podcast is this? Is it on the pulp app because I can’t seem to find it if it’s a recent one.

https://racerxonline.com/2018/09/20/fly-racing-racer-x-podcast-kenny-watson

|

9/22/2018 9:20 AM

He also mentioned Ryno had gotten a divorced also. Seems very few MXers can stay hitched.

I forgot who they said on Pulp a few months ago that "the Multi time Champ got cleaned out" after everyone said "She wasn't that type" and he didnt get a prenup.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

9/22/2018 3:32 PM

MrKnowNothing wrote:

Just so that we’re all clear, there is only 1 Kdub and he lives in Louisiana

GIwasB4 wrote:

Fact^^^

Falcon wrote:

This must be true. I was getting more and more confused reading this thread until I realized you guys were talking about Kenny Watson.

That’s my fault man I should have been more specific

|