Vegas Endurocross (Webb VS Haaker)

sdfog1
You couldn't have asked for better racing at the return of Endurocross to Las Vegas. The new format including bracket racing made for a great showdown between Haaker and Webb after some heat race drama. I managed to qualify for the Amateur A main, but I parked my bike as soon as I finished and grabbed my camera to get back on the floor and shoot the battles between Colton and Cody!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI-uafiIubk

https://youtu.be/uI-uafiIubk?ecver=2" width="640" height="360
|
8/20/2017 5:33pm
Yea, pretty epic opening round.. Awesome racing with no shortage of drama on the track! Haven't followed EX closely in the past but will definitely be keeping up with it every week now. I definitely knew of Haaker and Webb as riders, but had no idea about their rivalry. 'Shots fired' for sure last night - and the fans sure weren't bashful sharing their input on it!!

Congrats on making the the Amateur A main dude!! That's pretty gnarly feat. I heard the Amateur turn out was a record high. Questions: do the Euro brands make up 99.9% of the field in the Amateur ranks like they do in the pros?
Xeno
8/20/2017 5:45pm
I'd like to see a video of their contact during the main event.
sdfog1
8/20/2017 5:50pm
Xeno wrote:
I was always in the wrong spot! That happened near the mechanic's area. The Dirt Rider broadcast had good footage of it, I think.
sdfog1
8/20/2017 5:56pm
Yea, pretty epic opening round.. Awesome racing with no shortage of drama on the track! Haven't followed EX closely in the past but will definitely be...
Yea, pretty epic opening round.. Awesome racing with no shortage of drama on the track! Haven't followed EX closely in the past but will definitely be keeping up with it every week now. I definitely knew of Haaker and Webb as riders, but had no idea about their rivalry. 'Shots fired' for sure last night - and the fans sure weren't bashful sharing their input on it!!

Congrats on making the the Amateur A main dude!! That's pretty gnarly feat. I heard the Amateur turn out was a record high. Questions: do the Euro brands make up 99.9% of the field in the Amateur ranks like they do in the pros?
There were definitely a lot of Amateurs. Well, I don't know if you can call them "amateurs" at this point. It's more like a Lites or XC2 class. Haha. The great addition this year is that they're taking 3rd through 8th place in the amateur LCQs to an Amateur B Main. I had some bad luck in my heat, but I managed to win my LCQ. That gave me a back row start, which is tying a hand behind your back when you get to whatever the first bottleneck happens to be.

And yes, I'd say the amateur field is still dominated by KTM/Husky.

The Shop

Stuntman949
8/21/2017 8:16am
Good start to the season for sure. Can tell this Haaker/ Webb battle will be a grind 'til the end!
8/21/2017 8:44am
The pace those two were going was unreal. It was like they were riding a regular SX track.

Thanks for posting.
RbR
8/21/2017 10:45pm
Caught the event on YouTube. Very exciting racing.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
8/22/2017 2:18pm
Xeno wrote:
jemcee wrote:

For the first time ever there were boo's at @enduro_cross Do you think I deserved that reaction from the crowd?

A post shared by Colton Haaker (@coltonhaaker) on Aug 21, 2017 at 9:05pm PDT

" class="img-fluid" />
That was the heat, not the main event.
Xeno
8/22/2017 3:44pm
The contact during the main came right after the rock pile. The webcast camera missed it- I think something was blocking the view of that section.

I still haven't seen a video of the contact. Great racing, though!
Ted722
8/22/2017 4:17pm
Xeno wrote:
The contact during the main came right after the rock pile. The webcast camera missed it- I think something was blocking the view of that section...
The contact during the main came right after the rock pile. The webcast camera missed it- I think something was blocking the view of that section.

I still haven't seen a video of the contact. Great racing, though!
I think this is what you haven't seen yet. Hard to tell what really happened.
Xeno
8/22/2017 5:12pm
Ted722 wrote:
I think this is what you haven't seen yet. Hard to tell what really happened.
Yes, that's it- thank you.

Sooooo... their lines "came together"???

8/22/2017 7:05pm
Xeno wrote:
Yes, that's it- thank you. Sooooo... their lines "came together"??? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/22/211065/s1200_IMG_5489.jpg[/img]
Yes, that's it- thank you.

Sooooo... their lines "came together"???

Per Webb, Haaker's foot accidentally got caught in his front wheel and took him down. Racing incident. The Heat? Left the door open and those two ride each other hard so it was a no brainer for Haaker to slam him. Fantastic racing. Podium interviews? Not so professional.

The track was stupid easy. They were just jumping over everything pretty much. Even the amateurs were jumping most of the sections. They need some uniqueness to the individual tracks like SuperEnduro. This is not meant to look like Arenacross with cookie cutter tracks.

Post a reply to: Vegas Endurocross (Webb VS Haaker)

The Latest