Vegas 2003 Practice footage (Reed, RC, Bubba)

jasonv43
12/17/2020 1:19pm
"Bro was on! Didn't trip. But the folks was freakin', man. Hey, and the pilots were laid to the bones, Homes."
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
12/18/2020 7:07am
Nice way to make RC and CR look like total amateur squids JS7....

The Shop

toroP
12/18/2020 7:13am
And here is the main as of 7hrs ago! The heat with JS259 is definitely worth watching.

https://youtu.be/rC-wMbcofGQ
Ah, those were the days, whoops so big only 4 or 5 top lites guys could blitz them.
CPR
12/18/2020 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 12/18/2020 2:38pm
And here is the main as of 7hrs ago! The heat with JS259 is definitely worth watching.

https://youtu.be/rC-wMbcofGQ
toroP wrote:
Ah, those were the days, whoops so big only 4 or 5 top lites guys could blitz them.
And those whoops weren’t big by 2000s standard.

While Stew’s quad got all the attention, I don’t think it was actually quicker. For me it was his corner speed that was awesome. Watch him rail the corner before the triple, first lap of the heat, so cool!

And to put Reedy’s win in perspective, remember he was an open class rookie that season. Imagine a 19yo rookie foreigner coming in now and winning 7 premier class finals, the moto world would explode!
12/18/2020 7:35pm
JS is my all time favourite rider, I watch all the older races of him to this day.

I just wish he wasn't so obsessed with riding to his potential he would have saved his career, his bike setting was having the front end ultra stiff but in return he would wash out the front ALOT.

The tides turned in 2011 Daytona imo, he was putting on an absolute clinic waxing everyone from Reed, Dungey Vilopoto and then he came out of a corner with front wheel not hitting the face before a triple and just went over the bars hard and threw away the title.

The guy was concussed, could barely get on the bike but he did and then started putting in fastest lap times, this was the best race I've seen him put in however it also was a career defining one.
12/18/2020 8:54pm Edited Date/Time 12/18/2020 8:56pm
ktmdan wrote:
Quad at 22:45, and after screwing up the corner too!
I feel like he only did it to see if he could. So rad.
That's the level of commitment he had, he clearly had it in his head all lap that he was going for it, and the fact the he messed the corner up probably didn't even register at all. That right there is just a great little example of the mindset that seperated him from everyone else.
Motodave15
12/18/2020 9:08pm
I want more raw videos of the races like this... Like through the years and stuff... I'm willing to pay for this kind of edit/footage from more races!
toroP
12/19/2020 2:58pm
Love this thread. Thanks video posters
12/19/2020 3:05pm
JS is my all time favourite rider, I watch all the older races of him to this day. I just wish he wasn't so obsessed with...
JS is my all time favourite rider, I watch all the older races of him to this day.

I just wish he wasn't so obsessed with riding to his potential he would have saved his career, his bike setting was having the front end ultra stiff but in return he would wash out the front ALOT.

The tides turned in 2011 Daytona imo, he was putting on an absolute clinic waxing everyone from Reed, Dungey Vilopoto and then he came out of a corner with front wheel not hitting the face before a triple and just went over the bars hard and threw away the title.

The guy was concussed, could barely get on the bike but he did and then started putting in fastest lap times, this was the best race I've seen him put in however it also was a career defining one.
Yeah I agree 100% here. He had an opportunity several years and he just couldn't settle. He could have just taken a 2nd 3rd or even a 4th but he would whad himself and finish 18th. 2011 Seattle stands out to me as well as Daytona. It seemed like he didn't like the pressure as much as he liked being behind with nothing to lose...kind of how Tomac has been in 2018 and 2019 in Supercross. Won a lot with no pressure of the points

Post a reply to: Vegas 2003 Practice footage (Reed, RC, Bubba)

The Latest