Varner Motorsports issues

DA498
8/31/2020 4:36pm
PATHETIC!!
8/31/2020 4:48pm
Wow i just read through these 10 pages what a wild ride. Hope all you guys got your stuff back by now.
I wonder if OP ever got his CR125 stuff back ?
Mcflurry98
8/31/2020 5:25pm
This whole situation sounds like a good excuse to take a road trip to CA along with some of your biggest and most intimidating friends.
9/2/2020 9:13am
I've called the police about theft of services. I was told I have to file here in NY as this is "where it started." Wen tot the police. They didn't understand what to do.

I looked in the civil litigation. That requires hiring a lawyer.

Why can't he just do the work for those of us and get it back to us? Simple.

As for sympathy. Not looking for that. I just want my motor as do the others.

The Shop

mxb2
9/2/2020 9:24am
I've called the police about theft of services. I was told I have to file here in NY as this is "where it started." Wen tot...
I've called the police about theft of services. I was told I have to file here in NY as this is "where it started." Wen tot the police. They didn't understand what to do.

Civil case, not a police matter. Varner never said you werent getting it back. Just shitty service.
9/2/2020 9:28am
Just tried to motivate him.

All I want is my motor back. Plain and simple.

What doesn't he understand? He does others ahead of ours are the time. Tells you. "Your's is on the bench next." Heard it too many times.
Question
9/2/2020 10:19am

The problem with this kind of service is that one day he will piss the wrong person and get shot or disappear.

Not only candies makes teeth fell off as well.

It is a problem of respecting people.
gt80rider
9/2/2020 10:35am
Geeezzzussss... this thread still around?? Varner still a POS??? Thank God I've never used his "services"....
OLDMOTO
9/2/2020 11:23am
I've called the police about theft of services. I was told I have to file here in NY as this is "where it started." Wen tot...

I ran auto repair shops for 50 years in California. I know what to do. I've posted this in detail previously on this thread and you can go back and find them.

The Burea of Automotive Repair is a really good outfit. They go after repair shops that commit fraud and theft. Contact them and explain that Varner is motorcycle repair shop and has taken your engine and refused to return it to you. The BAR inspector will go and visit him. The BAR can shut him down, fine him or even put him in jail.

I also beleive that you can file a small claims lawsuit against him and get a judgment against him. The Marshall's office will enforce the judgment for you.

Contact the State of California Bureau of Automotive repair
https://www.bar.ca.gov/

Contact State of California Small Claims Court
www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-smallclaims.htm
I beleive Varner is in Hesperia which is the San Bernardino County court.
DA498
9/2/2020 11:34am
OLDMOTO wrote:
I ran auto repair shops for 50 years in California. I know what to do. I've posted this in detail previously on this thread and you...
I ran auto repair shops for 50 years in California. I know what to do. I've posted this in detail previously on this thread and you can go back and find them.

The Burea of Automotive Repair is a really good outfit. They go after repair shops that commit fraud and theft. Contact them and explain that Varner is motorcycle repair shop and has taken your engine and refused to return it to you. The BAR inspector will go and visit him. The BAR can shut him down, fine him or even put him in jail.

I also beleive that you can file a small claims lawsuit against him and get a judgment against him. The Marshall's office will enforce the judgment for you.

THIS!!!!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/2/2020 11:49am
This right here is one of the biggest reasons I've never had any motor work done. I did want to send some stuff to Varner at one point, but I'm glad I didn't. If I ever do decide to send my stuff to someone, it will be to Tom Morgan.
mx317
9/2/2020 11:52am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
This right here is one of the biggest reasons I've never had any motor work done. I did want to send some stuff to Varner at...
This right here is one of the biggest reasons I've never had any motor work done. I did want to send some stuff to Varner at one point, but I'm glad I didn't. If I ever do decide to send my stuff to someone, it will be to Tom Morgan.
Tom Morgan did mine and did exactly what he said he would do.
fourfourone
9/2/2020 11:59am
Start leaving negative google reviews. I hate to offer such petty advice but its legit one of the best ways to try and get a response out of a negligent company.
sandman768
9/2/2020 1:26pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
I ran auto repair shops for 50 years in California. I know what to do. I've posted this in detail previously on this thread and you...

DA498 wrote:
THIS!!!!
This is the correct course of action. I used this same action to get a crank back from a thief 10 years ago...I used to work for an Insurance company, handling all sorts of automotive related repair complaints. The person at DMV in Ca. Will get a complaint assignment, he/she will have to make contact with the shop owner on your behalf. A visit may be necessary, this will Get Varners attention...and your engine back...
Dust601
9/2/2020 2:32pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
All these posts about this guy. He's obviously not an honest man. People continue to defend him and claim to be his friend. Yet nobody does...
All these posts about this guy. He's obviously not an honest man. People continue to defend him and claim to be his friend. Yet nobody does anything. Several people including myself have posted instructions on filing a small claim lawsuit and Bureau of Automotive Repair complaints. Nothing gets done. Why post about it if you're not going to take any action. Are you just looking for sympathy?
I don’t think it’s so much about wanting sympathy. It’s more along the lines of a warning to “NEVER EVER SEND TERRY VARNER YOUR MOTOR”.

Seriously guys, do not send this guy your engine if you want to ride that bike within the next 2 years. Think about it, on this thread alone there are countless stories about people waiting 2+ years. So how many times has he done this crap to people we haven’t heard about?

I’m sorry to be so blunt, but this is NOT how you run a business.
OLDMOTO
9/2/2020 2:42pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
All these posts about this guy. He's obviously not an honest man. People continue to defend him and claim to be his friend. Yet nobody does...
All these posts about this guy. He's obviously not an honest man. People continue to defend him and claim to be his friend. Yet nobody does anything. Several people including myself have posted instructions on filing a small claim lawsuit and Bureau of Automotive Repair complaints. Nothing gets done. Why post about it if you're not going to take any action. Are you just looking for sympathy?
Dust601 wrote:
I don’t think it’s so much about wanting sympathy. It’s more along the lines of a warning to “NEVER EVER SEND TERRY VARNER YOUR MOTOR”. Seriously...
I don’t think it’s so much about wanting sympathy. It’s more along the lines of a warning to “NEVER EVER SEND TERRY VARNER YOUR MOTOR”.

Seriously guys, do not send this guy your engine if you want to ride that bike within the next 2 years. Think about it, on this thread alone there are countless stories about people waiting 2+ years. So how many times has he done this crap to people we haven’t heard about?

I’m sorry to be so blunt, but this is NOT how you run a business.
You have to do something about. Post about the actions you took to get your parts or your money back.
dkurtd
9/2/2020 4:15pm
When it comes to consumer complaints you can file complaints with most States Attorney Generals, I would check the states webpage. This could be something else to consider if you didn't want to spend the money on an attorney.
JMCR250
9/3/2020 12:40pm
Sounds like 607 is on the right path now, but just FYI, most states allow a consumer to file a lawsuit in small claims court without needing to be represented by an attorney. The claims forms are pretty simple and the courts are user-friendly, with less-formal procedures. For clear-cut cases like this one seems to be, it's another alternative to pursue.
9/3/2020 12:49pm
dkurtd wrote:
When it comes to consumer complaints you can file complaints with most States Attorney Generals, I would check the states webpage. This could be something else...
When it comes to consumer complaints you can file complaints with most States Attorney Generals, I would check the states webpage. This could be something else to consider if you didn't want to spend the money on an attorney.
You must be very unfamiliar with the current CA attorney general if you think he has even a pissing interest in helping the layman lol
RonJon
9/3/2020 1:04pm
I sent him my motor and got it back in 3 weeks.
OLDMOTO
9/3/2020 1:23pm
dkurtd wrote:
When it comes to consumer complaints you can file complaints with most States Attorney Generals, I would check the states webpage. This could be something else...
You must be very unfamiliar with the current CA attorney general if you think he has even a pissing interest in helping the layman lol
California small claims court works very well. I used it many times.
OLDMOTO
9/3/2020 1:28pm
RonJon wrote:
So you're one of the lucky ones. I doubt all of these posters are making this shit up. A shop should not take in work that they can not or will not finish in a reasonable time. Its about honesty and integrity.
9/3/2020 2:00pm
dkurtd wrote:
OLDMOTO wrote:
California small claims court works very well. I used it many times.
I'll have to that next.
9/3/2020 2:00pm
RonJon wrote:
OLDMOTO wrote:
So you're one of the lucky ones. I doubt all of these posters are making this shit up. A shop should not take in work that...
So you're one of the lucky ones. I doubt all of these posters are making this shit up. A shop should not take in work that they can not or will not finish in a reasonable time. Its about honesty and integrity.
So what date did you send it ti him? Do you live in California?
9/3/2020 2:05pm
So Ron Jon says he got his motor in three weeks. What all did you have done to it. Paid up front?

Varner will tell you that he's working on someone else's motor that has to be done this weekend so the guy can race. Last time it was for the owner of N-Style he had to get his RM done. Which means he's not working on ones that are already there or ahead of that person.

Also I should be riding my bike. Not wasting time in forums chasing someone with poor business practices. As OLDMOTO said, "It's about honesty and integrity."
Flipsid33
9/3/2020 2:54pm
The black swan still not uncovered.
mb60
9/3/2020 4:30pm
How can anyone let him put you off for over a year ? O would fly out there and visit his shop. Take the police with you as a reported theft. No way he would be let off the hook for sure.

Post a reply to: Varner Motorsports issues

The Latest