Varner Motorsports issues

BobPA
4/19/2020 12:58pm
newmann wrote:
I caught the thread when it happened, he got roughed up pretty good. I only wished that he had stopped digging his hole once he figured...
I caught the thread when it happened, he got roughed up pretty good. I only wished that he had stopped digging his hole once he figured out it was deep enough. Just like I said in the Seeley thread, he could have handled that differently. But like Cole, he is young and hopefully uses that as a lesson going forward in his business. He is smart and a hard worker, rides a dirt bike pretty damn good too, just needs to be more open to soaking up business knowledge from others.
Never knew being fast on a motorcycle had anything to do with managing a business.....
newmann
4/19/2020 2:37pm
newmann wrote:
I caught the thread when it happened, he got roughed up pretty good. I only wished that he had stopped digging his hole once he figured...
I caught the thread when it happened, he got roughed up pretty good. I only wished that he had stopped digging his hole once he figured out it was deep enough. Just like I said in the Seeley thread, he could have handled that differently. But like Cole, he is young and hopefully uses that as a lesson going forward in his business. He is smart and a hard worker, rides a dirt bike pretty damn good too, just needs to be more open to soaking up business knowledge from others.
BobPA wrote:
Never knew being fast on a motorcycle had anything to do with managing a business.....
And just how in the fuck did you get that out of what I said?Laughing
4/19/2020 2:48pm
newmann wrote:
BobPA wrote:
newmann wrote:
We all get a little squirrely sometimes. Not just on the track. Did I win ?
BobPA
4/19/2020 4:57pm
newmann wrote:
BobPA wrote:
newmann wrote:
Last sentence just had it sprinkled in there a bit haha.

The Shop

TXDirt
4/19/2020 8:29pm
Terry Varner is an amazing engine tuner. The guy has been doing it for like 30 or 40 years.

Terry was the head engine guy at FMF in the 90s. He built me several great motors. Not only that, but he cares about his riders. I remember him helping tape my shoulder up when I hurt it at the mini olympics one year.

He’s a good dude.

It sucks you are having problems getting your stuff done in a timely manner.

I’m guessing Father Time is really starting to catch up with him. It’s a classic case of having the mind to do something, but the body just isn’t able to. I can’t even imagine all the traveling and practice track days he’s been at. He’s been a lifer in this sport, and you just know the toll that takes.

I hope he starts to feeling better. He’s a good guy. Not being the worlds best communicator or business man doesn’t make him a bad guy. He may have dropped the ball on this one. But he’s been in this game a long long time.
wadmaster11
4/20/2020 7:31am
I'll be keeping my eye on this as I to have a motor that should be showing up any day!!!
4/21/2020 10:06am
So now we’re Tuesday and haven’t heard anything. Tried calling yesterday and goes straight to voicemail. Today his phone doesn’t even have a voicemail just goes dead. I’m very uneasy about this whole situation. I’m not sure what to do at this point.
4/21/2020 10:15am
So now we’re Tuesday and haven’t heard anything. Tried calling yesterday and goes straight to voicemail. Today his phone doesn’t even have a voicemail just goes...
So now we’re Tuesday and haven’t heard anything. Tried calling yesterday and goes straight to voicemail. Today his phone doesn’t even have a voicemail just goes dead. I’m very uneasy about this whole situation. I’m not sure what to do at this point.
Try on facebook😊 he’s good to answer there😊
McLellanMX66
Fantasy
884th
4/21/2020 10:17am Edited Date/Time 4/21/2020 10:17am
At this point, you should have someone in the area go to his shop and pick it up for you.
4/21/2020 10:26am
At this point, you should have someone in the area go to his shop and pick it up for you.
I really wish I knew someone in SoCal though, I don’t really want to bother people and have them go out of the way for my issues.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
4/21/2020 10:31am
Or as a business owner that is apparently behind he should take the luxury of shipping everything to someone else for Kowalczyk579 at NO CHARGE. Kowalczyk579 shouldn't have to do a dang thing right now, other than find someone else to do the work.

zippytech
4/21/2020 10:47am
Has anyone done a well fair check yet?
4/21/2020 11:11am
zippytech wrote:
Has anyone done a well fair check yet?
I haven’t. I’m honestly not aware of what that is. I did talk with my local police department and if I want, because I have all our conversations and receipts needed, I can start a police report which they would hand over to the Hesperia Police Department I believe. I don’t know if that’s a route to start taking or what. Like I’ve said before everyone so far to me has been so good in the moto industry, I have no experience on what to do in a situation such as this.
4/21/2020 11:52am
Damn this sucks to read. Always heard his work was great.

Sounds like Tom Morgan should be the go to if I ever decide to get work done
Flipsid33
4/21/2020 12:58pm
4 Pages and no one has named the Black Swan.
OLDMOTO
4/21/2020 1:07pm
Who in the hell is the "Black Swan?"
4/21/2020 2:45pm
Update* I tried calling and his wife (I’m assuming) answered the phone. Apparently 1-2 more days. I will say she was very nice to me over the phone and was sorry for the delay. I guess we’ll wait a couple more days.
500guy
4/21/2020 2:47pm
Update* I tried calling and his wife (I’m assuming) answered the phone. Apparently 1-2 more days. I will say she was very nice to me over...
Update* I tried calling and his wife (I’m assuming) answered the phone. Apparently 1-2 more days. I will say she was very nice to me over the phone and was sorry for the delay. I guess we’ll wait a couple more days.
I'm pretty sure you will get your stuff back, just when is the question.

it's a bummer no doubt.
4/21/2020 2:50pm
Terry is a good guy an he Will always help if I text him on facebook, right now I have a cr 250 2003 and he say a couple of things should do to make it a better bike without so much work😊
Flipsid33
4/21/2020 2:59pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
An unpredictable thing that changes every thing.
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1417th
4/21/2020 4:12pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
Flipsid33 wrote:
CoronaVirus = Big F'n Black Swan. Got it! I honestly never knew what the term represented.
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
4/21/2020 5:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/21/2020 5:14pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
Flipsid33 wrote:
NITRODOG wrote:
CoronaVirus = Big F'n Black Swan. Got it! I honestly never knew what the term represented.
The typical black swan for these (rather common) threads is the owner eventually coming on and turning the tables.

Something like, "this customer sent his cylinder in for a port & polish but it arrived like this:"

Didn't happen here but that's typically how things go 'round these parts.

Hope Varner is okay and you can get this sorted out very soon Kowalczyk579

There's also a good urban dictionary meaning for the term involving two women, one having blond hair in color and the other having black hair...
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
4/21/2020 7:11pm
Varner did a few motors for me back in the 2000’s. They were great and he was even better to deal with. I hate to hear you are having poor service and Father Time is catching up to Terry.
4/27/2020 5:13am
The latest update is no. I’m still waiting and initially was told everything was to be shipped last Wednesday. Still hasn’t been shipped however he has been in contact with me almost everyday telling me he spent a bit more time on my stuff to make sure it was absolutely perfect and then he said he really wanted to bore out the carb on the yz125 free of charge because he was getting really good results with his cylinder work. I asked him to please have it put the door Monday/Tuesday and was very stern about it so hopefully we get something early this week. That’s only my 2 yamaha engines though he’ll still have my cr125 cylinder there. He asked me multiple times to take down this thread but I refuse to for the fact of sharing my experience but I also want to have a bit of light at the end of the tunnel for someone else and share how the engines actually run when I get them back too. The weather has been really nice at home now and everyone has started riding so I’m just so antsy to get out there already and I really hope my cr125 parts aren’t going to be far behind also.
Kdunkin
Fantasy
1507th
4/27/2020 5:46am
The latest update is no. I’m still waiting and initially was told everything was to be shipped last Wednesday. Still hasn’t been shipped however he has...
The latest update is no. I’m still waiting and initially was told everything was to be shipped last Wednesday. Still hasn’t been shipped however he has been in contact with me almost everyday telling me he spent a bit more time on my stuff to make sure it was absolutely perfect and then he said he really wanted to bore out the carb on the yz125 free of charge because he was getting really good results with his cylinder work. I asked him to please have it put the door Monday/Tuesday and was very stern about it so hopefully we get something early this week. That’s only my 2 yamaha engines though he’ll still have my cr125 cylinder there. He asked me multiple times to take down this thread but I refuse to for the fact of sharing my experience but I also want to have a bit of light at the end of the tunnel for someone else and share how the engines actually run when I get them back too. The weather has been really nice at home now and everyone has started riding so I’m just so antsy to get out there already and I really hope my cr125 parts aren’t going to be far behind also.
I'm sure him hearing about this thread is what made him actually get in contact with you. By no means should you take this thread down after the hell he put you through. Unless he picked up the bill he can kick rocks..
4/27/2020 6:07am
That’s a bummer. I had him port a RM250 cylinder several years ago. It did take awhile for him to complete it but it was a second bike for me so I didn’t mind too much. He did update me with texts during the work. When it was complete I can say it was the best 250 2t engine I’ve ever ridden. I hope it works out for u.
4/27/2020 7:25am Edited Date/Time 4/27/2020 7:27am
I just don't understand why we can’t handle problems at the lowest level. piling On, doesn’t incentivize anyone to help out more. And definitely burns a bridge for help later.

Gorr, Varner, Morgan.....all names well known in amatuer racing scene. They’ve been at this a long time. Everything can’t be perfect. But for cryin out loud. We in a pandemic right now. Nobody can ride anyway. Supply chains are disrupted. The economy is in a general state of disarray and we want to complain about respectable engine builders In an economic crisis.

And further the guy is working with you. Trying to make it perfect, and asks a simple request to take this down and you’re gonna hard ball the guy and say no. Throw the guy a bone. He provides a service you don’t know how to do. Unless you can do it yourself help each other out.
rohleder644
4/27/2020 7:33am
I just don't understand why we can’t handle problems at the lowest level. piling On, doesn’t incentivize anyone to help out more. And definitely burns a...
I just don't understand why we can’t handle problems at the lowest level. piling On, doesn’t incentivize anyone to help out more. And definitely burns a bridge for help later.

Gorr, Varner, Morgan.....all names well known in amatuer racing scene. They’ve been at this a long time. Everything can’t be perfect. But for cryin out loud. We in a pandemic right now. Nobody can ride anyway. Supply chains are disrupted. The economy is in a general state of disarray and we want to complain about respectable engine builders In an economic crisis.

And further the guy is working with you. Trying to make it perfect, and asks a simple request to take this down and you’re gonna hard ball the guy and say no. Throw the guy a bone. He provides a service you don’t know how to do. Unless you can do it yourself help each other out.
I can’t stand the hive mentality the internet breeds. Everyone’s quick to talk shit behind the security of a keyboard. You hear a lot more bashing than you do positive feedback. However, I ain’t mad about this guy sharing his experience. He’s not talking shit to talk shit. He’s actively being fucked around by an engine builder. Not saying it’s malicious. Not saying it’s not explainable. But it’s been a piss poor experience to say the least. And it seems like the only reason he’s got any traction at all is because he made this thread. Varner has earned himself a great reputation. I don’t think he needs to burn in hell because he’s dropped the ball in this case. And OP hasn’t implied that at all. But, I’m pretty ok with this experience being public knowledge. A potential customer ought to have this insight. And, your global pandemic argument isn’t valid. This has been an ongoing problem prior to the Rona.
mxb2
4/27/2020 8:01am
I just don't understand why we can’t handle problems at the lowest level. piling On, doesn’t incentivize anyone to help out more. And definitely burns a...

You think he gave alessi the run around?

Post a reply to: Varner Motorsports issues

The Latest