Valkenswaard GP no more, Oss to take over MXGP of NL

Dimblewambie
Edited Date/Time 11/9/2020 1:59am
Saw the news on MxVice, watched some footage from the Dutch masters series at the circuit and it looks to have some good character as a track, maybe a bit tight?

https://mxvice.com/new-track-2021-mxgp-of-nl/?fbclid=IwAR1ZvST8NqUtTILw…

https://youtu.be/CU5p_kfGJhA
|
Vanilla
11/5/2020 9:46am
Awesome track, a bit narrow at some places but i think they Will fix That.
LVB107
Fantasy
2547th
11/5/2020 11:27am
One of the best, if not, the best mx track of the netherlands! And with how the MXGP are ran, i expect a few more jumps and obstacles added to the track, which will make it a super cool Dutch GP!
Hope they water the track enough during the GP because with the dutch races they seem to forget that quite often.

But apart from that very surprised and cool to see this track back on the calender after +-25 years!

The Shop

philG
11/5/2020 2:04pm
I have been to the last ever GP at Valkenswaard 4 times now.

It is currently my last GP.

Looking forward to going to a new track.

Any track.
philG
11/5/2020 2:07pm
Too many trees, wont happen.
Mboerke wrote:
Ha ha, never been at Lierop I guess😂.
Was at the last GP there too...

Herlings had been and gone before anyone else even came into sight.

And Simpson beat Cairoli in his prime.

Good times
Mboerke
11/5/2020 2:33pm
philG wrote:
Was at the last GP there too... Herlings had been and gone before anyone else even came into sight. And Simpson beat Cairoli in his prime...
Was at the last GP there too...

Herlings had been and gone before anyone else even came into sight.

And Simpson beat Cairoli in his prime.

Good times
That was a fun afternoon indeed. Remember he was doing laps like 8-10sec quicker then anyone else, ending up lapping everyone except van Horebeek.
11/5/2020 3:51pm
Mboerke wrote:
That was a fun afternoon indeed. Remember he was doing laps like 8-10sec quicker then anyone else, ending up lapping everyone except van Horebeek.
That was ridiculous. One of the most dominating performances ever.
EngIceDave
11/5/2020 4:37pm
Too many trees, wont happen.
Mboerke wrote:
Ha ha, never been at Lierop I guess😂.
That's what I loved about Lierop. Kept the moisture in that sand thanks to the shade
Cortami79
11/5/2020 5:05pm
Mboerke wrote:
That was ridiculous. One of the most dominating performances ever.
I remember standing at the end of the wave section at moto 1 and he already had a 10second lead over there. He scrubbed that single after the waves so hard it was ridiculous. Already was over that jump and the others were just entering the wave section. If you don’t know, that is not even halfway a lap and already that leadGrinning

You can search for it on youtube. Shame they didn’t show him much during the moto. The atmosphere was insane. The Dutch crowd didn’t have any hopes for a Dutch world title since De Reuver crashing out on 125’s. So a few dedicated fans were standing there almost in tears seeing that performance, amazing day
mx_563
11/5/2020 6:23pm
Does Valkenswaard ever hold any other events besides the GP? Do they have open practice days? Is the GP cancelled because the track is going away?

My first ever GP was Valkenswaard. The place is very special to me. I hope it's not getting bulldozed.
motoman154__
Fantasy
3343rd
11/5/2020 6:28pm
mx_563 wrote:
Does Valkenswaard ever hold any other events besides the GP? Do they have open practice days? Is the GP cancelled because the track is going away...
Does Valkenswaard ever hold any other events besides the GP? Do they have open practice days? Is the GP cancelled because the track is going away?

My first ever GP was Valkenswaard. The place is very special to me. I hope it's not getting bulldozed.
Would love some insight on this. Valkenswaard is #1 on my bucket list of tracks to ride, so I'd be devastated if it was going away
roninho
11/5/2020 10:41pm
mx_563 wrote:
Does Valkenswaard ever hold any other events besides the GP? Do they have open practice days? Is the GP cancelled because the track is going away...

The same people who organized the GP Valkenswaard are pushing to get a GP at Arnhem.
The reason Valkenswaard is dropped is because there are massive issues with the permits. Afaik there hasnt been any activity since basically the GP, and i think the last non GP race was in 2019, but i could be mistaken.

For an outsider who went to the GP at Valkenswaard as long ago as in 1986 it's hard to understand why that track shouldn't be allowed to be raced at. I can fully understand why people are not happy when a track is build nearby (just like i don't like the idea of a highway or windmill back in my yard), but mx has been at Valkenswaard for ages.
11/6/2020 1:46am
Oss is an amazing track.

For the guy saying there are to many trees has never been to Netherland. Some tracks around here are running through a forrest like Lierop or Bezuidenhout.
LVB107
Fantasy
2547th
11/6/2020 1:57am
To be honest Lierop is the GP as most Dutch as you can get it!

Deep deep sandtrack in the woods, almost no 180 degree turns so it's all about keeping momentum! Sometimes a pole sitter can be 7-8 seconds faster than 2nd place!! The track is 75% in the woods and 25% made on a grass field. Everybody in the openfield watches the TV screen to wait until the leaders come out of the woods. Everybody in the woods just listens carefully to the speaker the first lap to see the riders do their first lap. The feeling and build up to that moment is so cool!

Either the moment you wait for 40 riders jump as a waterfall out of the woods, or when you wait carefully in the woods to see the riders come by in madness is undecribable. Everybody who has witnessed that will agree i think!
11/6/2020 2:54am
How you described it is just amazing.

I have seen the Lierop track with mountain biking but never have seen a race there.

Bezuidenhout in Boekel i have seen many races and when they come out of the woods is just amazing.

After the start the ride into the woods 4 corners later they jump out of the woods to disappear again and they come back only a few corners before the finish.
PastranaWho
11/6/2020 4:27am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2020 4:28am
The track must be great for specator viewing.Shocked
11/6/2020 4:40am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2020 4:41am
LVB107 wrote:
To be honest Lierop is the GP as most Dutch as you can get it! Deep deep sandtrack in the woods, almost no 180 degree turns...

Deep deep sandtrack in the woods, almost no 180 degree turns so it's all about keeping momentum! Sometimes a pole sitter can be 7-8 seconds faster than 2nd place!! The track is 75% in the woods and 25% made on a grass field. Everybody in the openfield watches the TV screen to wait until the leaders come out of the woods. Everybody in the woods just listens carefully to the speaker the first lap to see the riders do their first lap. The feeling and build up to that moment is so cool!

Either the moment you wait for 40 riders jump as a waterfall out of the woods, or when you wait carefully in the woods to see the riders come by in madness is undecribable. Everybody who has witnessed that will agree i think!
Namur was always like that...minus the sand obviously. The excitement of waiting at a part of the track down in the woods not knowing who was coming in what order added to the magic...especially for those of us who couldn't understand the frenetic French and Flemish commentary being shouted out Laughing
11/6/2020 5:04am
The track must be great for specator viewing.Shocked
You can walk all the way around the track. If you have never been to such a race you need to go sometime.The excitement when they come out of the woods is amazing.
EngIceDave
11/6/2020 7:11am
Namur was always like that...minus the sand obviously. The excitement of waiting at a part of the track down in the woods not knowing who was...
Namur was always like that...minus the sand obviously. The excitement of waiting at a part of the track down in the woods not knowing who was coming in what order added to the magic...especially for those of us who couldn't understand the frenetic French and Flemish commentary being shouted out Laughing
And you can hear the roar of the crowd through the woods as the leaders pass.

It's very cool.

The layouts really build a lot of excitement all on their own
philG
11/6/2020 8:04am Edited Date/Time 11/9/2020 1:59am
LVB107 wrote:
To be honest Lierop is the GP as most Dutch as you can get it! Deep deep sandtrack in the woods, almost no 180 degree turns...

Exactley this.. sometimes seeing only a small part of the track with every rider is better than seeing the leader all the way round.

If Lierop comes back, its a must see race.

mpy
11/6/2020 1:22pm
Been to Valkenswaard 5 times in the last 6 years, so I will definitely miss it. Lots of good times had there, met lots of cool people there like Räikkönen, Hyypiä and many of the current top riders too.

But I'm looking forward to going to Oss... sounds like quite a good track. See ya there! Hopefully not too many Covid restrictions in the 2021 MXGP season.
11/6/2020 2:01pm
Looks good!

Any of you locals know if Valkenswaard will still be open to practice on? On our annual riding trip we always go there.
LVB107
Fantasy
2547th
11/7/2020 12:57am
Looks good!

Any of you locals know if Valkenswaard will still be open to practice on? On our annual riding trip we always go there.
I think these pictures answer your questions... painful!!

Current Status of the track in Valkenswaard...

11/7/2020 2:18am
LVB107 wrote:
I think these pictures answer your questions... painful!! Current Status of the track in Valkenswaard...[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/11/07/457819/s1200_47357668_0CD6_48E1_AE69_106E1845F898.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/11/07/457820/s1200_CCE016F7_44C0_4972_A00B_07E688EE1D0E.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/11/07/457821/s1200_7A74FD05_786F_4DB2_B996_E6115EDEF565.jpg[/img]
I think these pictures answer your questions... painful!!

Current Status of the track in Valkenswaard...

That is really really sad.

Post a reply to: Valkenswaard GP no more, Oss to take over MXGP of NL

The Latest