VR 46 favourite photos

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2021 5:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2021 5:42 AM

Ok not Moto but we all appreciate his achievements
Ok he’s just announced his retirement at the end of this season
I’ve never been to see him race SO I’ve just booked tickets to the British GP last weekend of August.
Post your favourite photos.
Photo
2005 Spain opening round
Last corner for the win

|

8/6/2021 6:40 AM

It took me a while to even believe that this was real.
Absolutly amazing
Photo

|

8/6/2021 8:01 AM

Photo
|

8/6/2021 8:07 AM

The last twostroke racer retires. I don't even think there are any 250GP guys in MotoGP either anymore, let alone 500s. I think Pedrosa and Lorenzo were the last 250 guys.

|

8/6/2021 9:03 AM

Rossi always had some pretty unique paint & designs on his helmets, but this one has always been my favorite:

Photo

Photo

|

8/6/2021 9:28 AM

MetricHotrods wrote:

The last twostroke racer retires. I don't even think there are any 250GP guys in MotoGP either anymore, let alone 500s. I ...more

There’s a great piece on the 500’s called “The Unrideables”…Netflix or Amazon, can’t recall which. I have huge respect for all the premier road racers/classes, but the guys who tamed those bikes (in an era without all the electronic assistance) were on another level. Those bikes were beasts.

|

8/6/2021 9:33 AM

MetricHotrods wrote:

The last twostroke racer retires. I don't even think there are any 250GP guys in MotoGP either anymore, let alone 500s. I ...more

Pedrosa is racing this weekend.

|

8/6/2021 10:01 AM

MetricHotrods wrote:

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

& Cal Crutchlow

|

8/6/2021 10:32 AM

MetricHotrods wrote:

PNWRider wrote:

There’s a great piece on the 500’s called “The Unrideables”…Netflix or Amazon, can’t recall which. I have huge respect for all ...more

There's a channel on YouTube called motostarr, he pod casts a lot of the 500 guys and I absolutely love the look on the faces and the word selection of guys like Koncinski and Schwantz when they start talking about 500s.

"When we would lift at Daytona it would get loose and slide back and forth...Kenny Roberts said that's because you're spinning the rear wheel at 200mph and when you lift the tire catches traction and starts swapping. Don't lift."

🤯🤯

|

8/6/2021 11:31 AM

mac3-d wrote:

& Cal Crutchlow

Crashlow didn’t ride 2 strokes.

|

8/6/2021 11:51 AM

Photo
|

8/6/2021 11:55 AM

MetricHotrods wrote:

PNWRider wrote:

There’s a great piece on the 500’s called “The Unrideables”…Netflix or Amazon, can’t recall which. I have huge respect for all ...more

MetricHotrods wrote:

There's a channel on YouTube called motostarr, he pod casts a lot of the 500 guys and I absolutely love the look on the faces ...more

Wow. Only word I can muster. Truly another breed.

On the show I referenced, Doohan, Spencer, or one of that era made a statement to the effect that you are going through a corner, everything is going well, and you give it a touch more throttle…and suddenly it all goes to shit.

Horsepower is one thing…but that much horsepower in that narrow of an RPM band, with two-stroke delivery…unbelievable.

|

8/6/2021 12:05 PM

He won the Suzuka 8 hour a couple of times so I think he would’ve faired ok.

|

8/6/2021 3:15 PM

mac3-d wrote:

Ok not Moto but we all appreciate his achievements
Ok he’s just announced his retirement at the end of this season
I’ve ...more

"Sete will never win again" and he didn't!!! Love the Dr.. Glad he is moving on though. Hard to watch him run so far down the field. LEGEND!!!!!

|

8/6/2021 3:16 PM

|

8/6/2021 3:24 PM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

mac3-d wrote:

& Cal Crutchlow

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Crashlow didn’t ride 2 strokes.

I meant Crutchlow is racing this weekend in for Morbidelli

|

8/6/2021 4:30 PM

Hoseclamp wrote:

Absolutly amazing
Photo

Impressive, where can one find a vid of this?

|

8/6/2021 5:23 PM

1994 to 2021? Just plain brain numbing.

|

8/6/2021 6:35 PM

Hoseclamp wrote:

Absolutly amazing
Photo

reded301 wrote:

Impressive, where can one find a vid of this?

|