VPN for supercross?

TerryK
Can someone explain how the VPN set up works and how I can get the SX feed using it? Asking for a friend.
|
kb228
1/4/2019 6:27am
Youll need a free vpn software. Youll open it up and connect to an ip address in the states. Its kindof like connecting to a server for an online video game.

Its been 4/5 years since ive used a vpn outside work. We use a vpn software from cisco here. I used to use one called cyberghost to play battlefield before it was released. Dont know if its still around or not.
Talisker
1/4/2019 6:39am
I use Avast. It shows your ip address is in the states so you can subscribe to NBC Sports Gold. If not you can let Supercross Online hit it with no vaseline for $150.
SKlein
1/4/2019 6:49am Edited Date/Time 1/4/2019 6:49am
Absolutely do not use a "free" VPN service.

PrivateInternetAccess & TunnelBear (google them) are a couple of the most popular options that don't log your traffic, and they're reasonably priced. It very easy to setup/figure out, and they'll usually give a guide on the respective websites.
TerryK
1/4/2019 6:52am
SKlein wrote:
Absolutely do not use a "free" VPN service. PrivateInternetAccess & TunnelBear (google them) are a couple of the most popular options that don't log your traffic...
Absolutely do not use a "free" VPN service.

PrivateInternetAccess & TunnelBear (google them) are a couple of the most popular options that don't log your traffic, and they're reasonably priced. It very easy to setup/figure out, and they'll usually give a guide on the respective websites.
How about NordVPN?

The Shop

SKlein
1/4/2019 6:56am
TerryK wrote:
How about NordVPN?
Yeah that's another great option.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
1/4/2019 7:06am Edited Date/Time 1/4/2019 7:08am
I just set mine up yesterday, here's what I posted in another thread:

"I just set mine up tonight too. I went with Windscribe (got a really good deal on a lifetime Pro account), and just signed up for the NBC Sports Gold Supercross and Nats.

So far I've found that I won't be able to use the app, it requires locations services to use the app then blocks you because you are in Canada (even with a VPN). Can't use Safari on my MacBook Pro because it doesn't get along with the Adobe Pass feature that NBC is using. But I was able to get the Preview Show to stream in Firefox and it looked crisp. I guess I'll just AirPlay (or HDMI) to my TV from Firefox.

I played around with a few different servers and have got up to 200Mbps through the VPN. So far it seems like it should work ok! Guess we'll see on Saturday.

Oh, and I also had to pay with PayPal because with a credit card I had to have a US billing address. They really don't want us to watch it up here!"

Setting up the VPN isn't near as daunting as I had thought. I got a lifetime pro subscription to Windscribe for $70 through Stack Social - it is regular $50/year.
bents
Fantasy
710th
1/4/2019 7:16am
TerryK wrote:
How about NordVPN?
SKlein wrote:
Hey Terry-I signed up for NordVPN as well. Quite easy and added online protection to boot. Was able to sign up for the NBC SX/MX special price they had going no problem. It cost me 107.00 USD for a 3 year subscription to NordVPN so my total up front cost was a bit more, but will save me money down the road. And, as was mentioned above, I don't want to get bent over through Feld's online subscription. I'm absolutely pissed that NBC Gold isn't available outside of the US like it is for MX. So this move is my personal middle finger to Feld.
SKlein
1/4/2019 7:35am
bents wrote:
Hey Terry-I signed up for NordVPN as well. Quite easy and added online protection to boot. Was able to sign up for the NBC SX/MX special...
Hey Terry-I signed up for NordVPN as well. Quite easy and added online protection to boot. Was able to sign up for the NBC SX/MX special price they had going no problem. It cost me 107.00 USD for a 3 year subscription to NordVPN so my total up front cost was a bit more, but will save me money down the road. And, as was mentioned above, I don't want to get bent over through Feld's online subscription. I'm absolutely pissed that NBC Gold isn't available outside of the US like it is for MX. So this move is my personal middle finger to Feld.
Let me know how Nord treats you. I've been using PIA for the last couple years with no real issues, but am not opposed to trying out something else.
TerryK
1/4/2019 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2019 5:21pm
TerryK wrote:
How about NordVPN?
SKlein wrote:
bents wrote:
Hey Terry-I signed up for NordVPN as well. Quite easy and added online protection to boot. Was able to sign up for the NBC SX/MX special...
Thanks. So what was the total cost? Did you have to pay for NBC as well?
SEE ARE125
1/4/2019 5:49pm
SKlein wrote:
bents wrote:
TerryK wrote:
NordVPN has a few different prices depending on how long you want to go. The best deal is the 3yr plan bents got for $107 which is $2.99/mo. You’ll still have to buy the NBC Gold package, but you’ll have a VPN for the next 3yrs so you won’t have to buy it for the 2020 and 2021 seasons.
js451
1/4/2019 6:08pm
I’m using Kayo sports app. Starting with the free 14 day trial for A1 then will pay if it’s any good.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
1/4/2019 6:17pm
Terry I have gone the Nord VPN route, all signed up for NBC now just hoping it all works tomorrow Smile
chump6784
1/4/2019 6:24pm
Last year I used hola for google chrome. Just search for hola and install it. Once installed just click on the icon and select your location as the usa and it works fine. This year I signed up for kayo as it has the v8 supercars plus rugby league games
West Coast
1/4/2019 6:30pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2019 6:33pm
Long term plan is the wrong way. Always go month to month before you commit long term. Some of them have problems that don't get fixed, others run strong right out of the box. Opera web brower used to have a free VPN built in. I've had good luck with Mullvad and Express VPN. Someone mentioned Cyberghost, they used to be a free option that was as good as it gets for a freebie.
jock
Fantasy
1st
1/4/2019 6:34pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
Terry I have gone the Nord VPN route, all signed up for NBC now just hoping it all works tomorrow Smile
I am going to try the WatchESPN app Aaryn. Have a basketball game playing now, looks good.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
1/4/2019 6:52pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
jock wrote:
I am going to try the WatchESPN app Aaryn. Have a basketball game playing now, looks good.
I have foxtel still. so I can watch on Delay if all else fails. But I want to watch live Smile
ctbale
1/4/2019 6:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2019 7:00pm
PIA VPN works great

I have had it for 5 years, $39/year

But NordVPN looks pretty good, might switch, hard to beat $107 for three years
jock
Fantasy
1st
1/4/2019 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2019 7:02pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
jock wrote:
aaryn #234 wrote:
I have foxtel still. so I can watch on Delay if all else fails. But I want to watch live Smile
It is listed to start 1pm tomorrow. ESPN2 has it at 4pm.
TerryK
1/4/2019 9:34pm
Thanks for the help guys. Whichever way I go its still going to be pricey lol Still going to cost $150 Canadian. Guess I shouldn't complain, Ive been lucky for about 6 years and had SX as part of regular cable.
TerryK
1/4/2019 9:45pm
Ah one more thing. Dumb question: Im pretty sure I can use NBC Gold sub on more than one device, but is there any way to use it say at a buddies house so we can split the cost?
SKlein
1/4/2019 9:45pm
chump6784 wrote:
Last year I used hola for google chrome. Just search for hola and install it. Once installed just click on the icon and select your location...
Last year I used hola for google chrome. Just search for hola and install it. Once installed just click on the icon and select your location as the usa and it works fine. This year I signed up for kayo as it has the v8 supercars plus rugby league games
Hola isn't ideal for many reasons.. It's why paying for VPN's is a must now-a-days.
bents
Fantasy
710th
1/4/2019 10:28pm
bents wrote:
TerryK wrote:
SEE ARE125 wrote:
NordVPN has a few different prices depending on how long you want to go. The best deal is the 3yr plan bents got for $107 which...
NordVPN has a few different prices depending on how long you want to go. The best deal is the 3yr plan bents got for $107 which is $2.99/mo. You’ll still have to buy the NBC Gold package, but you’ll have a VPN for the next 3yrs so you won’t have to buy it for the 2020 and 2021 seasons.
Thanks SEE ARE 125. Exactly. Good luck everyone with the VPNS!
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
1/5/2019 3:23am
TerryK wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. Whichever way I go its still going to be pricey lol Still going to cost $150 Canadian. Guess I shouldn't complain...
Thanks for the help guys. Whichever way I go its still going to be pricey lol Still going to cost $150 Canadian. Guess I shouldn't complain, Ive been lucky for about 6 years and had SX as part of regular cable.
The set up set me back around $250 AUD, though $130 of that was the VPN cost for three years which will come in handy for some extra Netflix and Stan shows lol.

So pretty much paid out $250 so I did not have to watch A1 three hours later! Though it will be cool to have all the SX and MX races on demand this year, so when I get home from a ride I can watch them at my leisure and not have to worry about the local pay TV company changing programming and missing the recording.

Its been a costly two weeks, $1300 in vet bills only to have my dog put down, $450 for a new lawn mower after the old one finally blew up and now $250 just so I can watch SX and MX live and on demand.

PEPE001
1/5/2019 4:30am Edited Date/Time 1/5/2019 4:32am
I am currently in Europe I use safervpn and it works.
Have an ASUS Router acting as VPN Client any device connected to the Router has access to an US connection.

I use it with computers, tablet, phone and 3 Roku devices.

Cost 2.29 per month with a 3 year contract.
I use it since 3 years.
PEPE001
1/5/2019 4:36am
I would not use a mobile device.
They will ask for the geo location to shut you out.

Use a "real" computer if you can't use Roku or something else.
Anything with a GPS sensor might fail
9/9/2019 6:07am
That time of year again!
So I like a sucker paid for the Supercross live pass. I just cancelled since its impossible to justify the price. Especially with the exchange rate being Canadian.
How did everyone find the VPN setups last year? Do we have a consensus on if it works just as well?

I have an account already setup on NBCSportsGold for outdoors, anyone know if that will be an issue?
mx_phreek
Fantasy
230th
9/9/2019 6:23am
I use vpn unlimited, which was about 30 on offer for lifetime use on 5 devices. Used for couple years no issues. I had supercrosslive package that I got for 99 buck before monster cup last year and did this years sx and got the nbc sx /mx deal as a backup for sx this year as it wasn't much more than the mx only package I normally get and just used the vpn for sx.
I just cancelled my auto renewal of supercrosslive sx package as it was 130 to renew. If they drop the price again before mec I'll probably bite again just for ease. If not I'll just get the nbc one and use my vpn.
40acres
9/9/2019 6:56am
I've had good luck with IPTV and IPVanish.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/9/2019 7:06am
The best way I have found is the Opera browser. It has a VPN feature integrated in the browser. Simply set it to Europe and you're good.
I've watched the whole Outdoor series like this, no problems ever.

It's free and you don't need any third part VPN service, no add ons or monthly payments.

Post a reply to: VPN for supercross?

The Latest