Your thoughts: VIP National Tickets

Raceline
5/15/2018 7:35am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2018 6:26am
I've been looking into VIP passes for the nationals this year. They end up being roughly $210 with entry. All day pit pass, catered food under a tent, t-shirt, VIP parking.

Has anyone ever done this in the past and did you think it was worth spending the money? I was just looking at the RacerX all day pit pass since I do not know anyone with industry credentials, but this sounds like it could be decently enjoyable on a hot day with the family.
|
5/15/2018 7:39am Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 7:43am
If ya got the moneys do it !

My family always took rolling coolers with food and drinks. And we stand at the same place every year at high point. Can’t sit there anymore. It’s been renovated. Walking in with nothing and walking out with nothing sounds worth it.

Of course everyone should experience mud sliding at high point. Once in their life.....used to always rain on Memorial Day weekend. Now seems like doesn’t rain as much as it used to for the National.

Raceline
5/15/2018 7:57am
We have the money to do it, just wondering if its worth it. I mainly want all day access to the pits, but closer parking and access to a covered tent all day with food sounds nice. This is for Red Bud by the way but Im sure most tracks are a similar cost.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
5/15/2018 7:58am Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 7:59am
I am going to check it out too. Loved the VIP at the USMXGP. Just back from an amazing vacation and now Colorado is only a few weeks away. Good times.
Raceline
5/15/2018 8:07am
I really wanted to buy VIP for the MXoN but thats too much for me. $90 for GA is enough. There's 2 VIP tents at Red Bud and you only gain access to one or the other.

The Shop

5/15/2018 8:39am
FLmxer wrote:
I am going to check it out too. Loved the VIP at the USMXGP. Just back from an amazing vacation and now Colorado is only a...
I am going to check it out too. Loved the VIP at the USMXGP. Just back from an amazing vacation and now Colorado is only a few weeks away. Good times.
GP's do the VIP experience on a whole different level. I was fortunate enough to have VIP passes for the 2006 GP of Namur in Belgium - and holy sheeit - It was NOT cheap, but literally was like a country club right next to the track! Food and the spectating kicked ass, as did all the Julpiler beer I could drink!

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
5/15/2018 8:47am
My parents did it twice for Red Bud, last year for Hangtown and have them again for Hangtown this weekend. They told me it's completely worth it!
Forty
5/15/2018 8:49am
VIP is worth it, you get to see the race!

From the average guy perspective The track is lined with banners and other shit that obstructs the view and then there are the VIP tents at all the other great fence front and leaves nothing for the guy that brings his family of 4, spends the $45.00 each to crush into a space near a horse shit corner and hope they can shuffle to a spot where they can view a part of the track.

I can and do afford the VIP, if I go, just so I can see the race. I'm bitter for the race fan that cannot afford it.

Just another thought...

Paul333
5/15/2018 8:52am
I've purchased them. It's worth every penny. Great track view, shade, refreshments, pit access, etc.

It's the best way to watch the racing by far.
TeamGreen
5/15/2018 8:56am
$210...?

Compared to some of the insane tickets for concerts, the entry price for a day Disneyland, NFL tickets...etc.

That sounds like a deal.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
5/15/2018 9:18am
All the great viewing spots at Glen Helen have been taken over by the various industry/VIP tents (unless you climb the north hill and sit in the dirt/sun all day). Unless you get a front row camping spot on the east side hill, VIP is the only way to go nowadays.
Jdon
Fantasy
2698th
5/15/2018 10:06am
My friends and I just purchased the (preferred seating) for the Southwick National for $130.00 a ticket. I’ve never bought these tickets before, but I think it will be worth every penny. You get an all day pit pass included and a guaranteed spot to watch the race. The VIP didn’t make any sense for us to get, parking is no problem there, and we usually tailgate/grill all day anyways.
Wildeye511
5/15/2018 10:18am
My wife bought it for me at Buds Creek in 2014, it was worth it I think. Pit access all day long and our own seating area.
Raceline
5/15/2018 10:32am
Red Bud always has decent viewing from the infield which is free so that’s what makes it hard to make the call. A tent, catered food, and a t shirt doesn’t seem worth an extra $100 a ticket when you can get a racerx all day pass and entrey for under $100 and haul your own food/beer.

Seems like it’s different pricing/options depending on the track and view of the track definitely plays a roll in it being worth it.

I appreciate the input from those who’ve done it. I’m leaning toward pulling the trigger this one year and see how it goes.
bluepumpkin
5/15/2018 10:38am
I did it at Redbud a couple of years ago. I thought it was worth it. It was nice having a spot under the tent to cool off and hang out between races. The food was really good and the private bathrooms were great too. We had special parking too which was nice.
bowser977
5/15/2018 10:46am
With all the VIP sections there is hardly any good spots to watch from now for the general admission entry.
Raceline
5/15/2018 11:32am
Right. It must be a pain on certain tracks that don’t have optimal viewing already. Fortunately at Red Bud (at least as of last year) you can still get a great view of 50% of the track without any tent obstruction. We watch half the races on one side and half on the other.
Raceline
5/15/2018 11:34am
I did it at Redbud a couple of years ago. I thought it was worth it. It was nice having a spot under the tent to...
I did it at Redbud a couple of years ago. I thought it was worth it. It was nice having a spot under the tent to cool off and hang out between races. The food was really good and the private bathrooms were great too. We had special parking too which was nice.
What tent did you pick? The south tent probably has the best overall views but being up by the pits and start/finish might be easier over the coarse of the day.
bluepumpkin
5/15/2018 11:40am
I did it at Redbud a couple of years ago. I thought it was worth it. It was nice having a spot under the tent to...
Raceline wrote:
What tent did you pick? The south tent probably has the best overall views but being up by the pits and start/finish might be easier over...
What tent did you pick? The south tent probably has the best overall views but being up by the pits and start/finish might be easier over the coarse of the day.
I was in the tent by the finish line. I would definitely do it again.
Lightning78
5/15/2018 12:01pm
Raceline wrote:
I've been looking into VIP passes for the nationals this year. They end up being roughly $210 with entry. All day pit pass, catered food under...
I've been looking into VIP passes for the nationals this year. They end up being roughly $210 with entry. All day pit pass, catered food under a tent, t-shirt, VIP parking.

Has anyone ever done this in the past and did you think it was worth spending the money? I was just looking at the RacerX all day pit pass since I do not know anyone with industry credentials, but this sounds like it could be decently enjoyable on a hot day with the family.
For sure if I had the money....or any money for that matter then he'll yeah I'd do it. Although when you break it out, I does seem a tad expensive.

Hangtown entry $45
Catered Food.... I could eat about $30-$40 in food myself for an all day event and that's at the track concession stand pricing.
T-shirt....meh
VIP Parking.... I don't know what regular parking costs at Hangtown for the national isn't it just the standard $5 gate fee or is it more for the race? Haven't been to Hangtown since 2007 when JS7 and RC4 had one of their EPIC showdowns 1-2 & 2-1 .... But maybe VIP Parking gives you a private lot close to the track? Either way I don't see how the VIP parking is gonna get you out of that place any faster since there is 1 road in and 1 road out.

The tent is a huge plus though as well as having optimal viewing for the day.

Unfortunately that doesn't cover ANY beer which is usually my biggest expense any time I go to the Nationals lol
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
5/15/2018 12:34pm
Purchased them. Coming up quick. Can't wait.
Raceline
5/15/2018 1:01pm
I just went ahead and bought mine! Hopefully its worth it! Should be a neat experience at least for one year.
Myrz
6/20/2018 5:11pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2018 5:32pm
I've been to red bud about 7 times. The last three I have considered the vip, but we normally get there before the sun comes up to take advantage of tailgating track side on the south hlll under a canopy. This year however, i'm going to save myself from the work of hauling coolers, canopy, chairs, ex. and try the VIP also. Hell just private bathrooms is worth it...kidding!
The hardest decision is ...the South tent which is right by where we normally pitted, i'm guessing you get to see more track, but the north tent you see the Leap and you're not far from the pits that makes it easier to enjoy your all day pit pass and vendor row. Which one did you choose or is there any experiences of either at red bud?
Raceline
6/20/2018 6:24pm
The north tent is by the start/finish. The south is on the hill after the ski jump. It was a tough decision but I’ll have a 10 month old so we picked the north tent. I don’t want to have to walk from the pits to the south tent a dozen times a day.
Xeno
6/20/2018 9:00pm
Here's a sample of the Lucas Oil & Western Power Sports VIP tent at Glen Helen

Jordan Dogtown
Fantasy
946th
6/21/2018 6:07am
I'm looking into the Silver VIP tickets for the MXoN. Would these be any different than the regular season VIP tickets? Obviously they cost more, but just curious. This would be my (and my wife's) first outdoor race so I'm trying to make the most of it without losing the farm

Raceline
6/21/2018 6:17am
A little. The white tent that’s just after the new uphill triple is the south tent for the summer. I also wanted to get VIP tickets for the MXoN but that’s too much for me.
Raceline
6/21/2018 6:19am
Xeno wrote:
Here's a sample of the Lucas Oil & Western Power Sports VIP tent at Glen Helen

You guys got a special visit from Osborne huh?
agn5009
6/21/2018 6:21am
I did the Club for High Point. It was basically 2 special viewing sections and all day pit passes for $100. That was absolutely worth it. We had a fantastic view of the track, a tent set up for shade and all day pit passes. Also, there was only maybe 40 or 50 people where I was which was great because I didn't have to worry about finding a decent spot to stand or sit.

Basically, I'll never buy general admission again. I may try the actual VIP next year just to get better parking.
kkawboy14
6/21/2018 6:32am
Raceline wrote:
We have the money to do it, just wondering if its worth it. I mainly want all day access to the pits, but closer parking and...
We have the money to do it, just wondering if its worth it. I mainly want all day access to the pits, but closer parking and access to a covered tent all day with food sounds nice. This is for Red Bud by the way but Im sure most tracks are a similar cost.
It’s well worth it!
orange_44
6/21/2018 6:40am
Has anyone here done the VIP experience at unadilla and how was it?

Post a reply to: Your thoughts: VIP National Tickets

The Latest