VIDEO: BeLeib: On The Edge - Part 1

ML512
Fantasy
54th
Edited Date/Time 8/29/2015 10:50pm
A few weeks back, myself and our main video guy Joe Carlino were kicking around some new video ideas and one of the first projects to come to mind was to shoot something with Michael Leib. I've known Michael and his family for over 10 years now and I've seen Michael really change as a person due to his involvement with moto as we've grown up. Yes, he hasn't made a success story out of racing yet, but his overall outlook on life and the world in general due to racing makes for a interesting listen! Enough that we had to cut the video into two parts and I'll run his whole interview in a slideshow when we're done. For now though, here's part 1 for your viewing pleasure. Smile

http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/Untitled,12400/ML512,13480

"Ever the past few rears, Michael Leib has been on the edge of being one of the "guys"... the guys to have a factory ride. After a fairly successful amateur career, Michael has struggled to find where he fits in the professional motocross scene. Going as far as taking multiple chances as a privateer in America and a few shots at the MXGP World Championship. Michael has gone through some intimidating lows in the sport ad some inspiring highs, including standing on the podium at the World level alongside Jeffrey Herlings and Tommy Searle. Sit down with Michael to hear how Motocross has not only shaped his career, but his overall life and outlook on the future."
|
RPM68
8/28/2015 8:10am
I have alot of respect for that kid. He has grown up so much on and off the track.

That whip at the end from the GP segment, OMG!
IceMan446
8/28/2015 8:18am
Dude is a badass.

I really hope he can put together a great season this year and stay clear of injuries.

I wonder what kind of HP his dad could get out of those Yamaha's???

Spartacus
8/28/2015 10:41am
Well spoken, articulate and introspective, what a pleasant change from the "don't want none" crowd.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/28/2015 2:25pm
Bump. Smile
kijen
8/28/2015 3:53pm
Always amazed at watching a pro on the track by themselves, seems no one could ever go faster, and then the race....there are even faster guys, respect to them all.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/28/2015 4:05pm
Cool video (I hadn't seen it until today). Also, I saw his name on the entry list for Puerto Rico's team at the MXoN.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/28/2015 5:40pm
GuyB wrote:
Cool video (I hadn't seen it until today). Also, I saw his name on the entry list for Puerto Rico's team at the MXoN.
That just came together. Pitts talked to Dixon and he's getting the same bike that Anstie has been running. So Dixon will be supporting Anstie and Leib at MXdN.
DL
8/28/2015 6:05pm
GuyB wrote:
ML512 wrote:
That just came together. Pitts talked to Dixon and he's getting the same bike that Anstie has been running. So Dixon will be supporting Anstie and...
That just came together. Pitts talked to Dixon and he's getting the same bike that Anstie has been running. So Dixon will be supporting Anstie and Leib at MXdN.
No doubt a great opportunity for Michael although we"ll have to come up with traveling expenses for Michael and his mechanic. Not sure how this will happen but we'll figure it out.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
8/28/2015 6:58pm
Looks Good on the Yamaha
WeiserGuy
8/28/2015 10:15pm
DL: Any insight on what Michael will be riding next year? Either I dreamt or believe I read in a thread that you had just picked up a new KX450. Is the plan to move up next year, race big bikes opposite coast, or is the 450 just for the MEC/RSR?

Not trying to pry. I uderstand if things are still being sorted or it's something that can't be shared at the moment.
DL
8/28/2015 10:26pm
WeiserGuy wrote:
[b]DL: [/b] Any insight on what Michael will be riding next year? Either I dreamt or believe I read in a thread that you had just...
DL: Any insight on what Michael will be riding next year? Either I dreamt or believe I read in a thread that you had just picked up a new KX450. Is the plan to move up next year, race big bikes opposite coast, or is the 450 just for the MEC/RSR?

Not trying to pry. I uderstand if things are still being sorted or it's something that can't be shared at the moment.
The KX450F is a customers bike Rocket used to design a new exhaust. Michael is currently riding a YZ250F owned by Barn Pros that Rocket rebuilt and maintains. As of now there isn't a plan to do MEC and or Straight Rythum. That being said if Michael can find some support things could change. As for 2016 Michael has not signed anything yet.
The Rock
8/29/2015 1:40am
GuyB wrote:
ML512 wrote:
That just came together. Pitts talked to Dixon and he's getting the same bike that Anstie has been running. So Dixon will be supporting Anstie and...
DL wrote:
No doubt a great opportunity for Michael although we"ll have to come up with traveling expenses for Michael and his mechanic. Not sure how this will...
No doubt a great opportunity for Michael although we"ll have to come up with traveling expenses for Michael and his mechanic. Not sure how this will happen but we'll figure it out.
I didn't think Steve Dixon could be any cooler but I was wrong.

Don where can I send 50 dollars? You know I've been a huge fan of your son since I met him at Matterley Basin 2012. It would be an honor and a pleasure to do this.

ML512-Right on and thanks for video. For me Michael is already a success story but I totally get the context of what you wrote.
DL
8/29/2015 9:15am
Rock, thanks for the kind words and offer. There has been a number inquires of people asking how to help. We're in the process of setting up a Go Fund Me site, will make a press release ASAP and post here on Vital. In the mean time if anybody has any questions please contact me don@rocketexhaust.com
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
8/29/2015 7:44pm
Thank guys, stoked everyone is enjoying the edit. Leib is a great rider to work with, on and off the bike! His work ethic is outstanding and his story is amazing, to hear all the ups be downs he's gone through over the years, while keeping a positive attitude is inspirational!
Jaybird67k
8/29/2015 8:12pm
Nice video. Heard a lot about him but just never really followed his racing career.

Jason
The Rock
8/29/2015 10:03pm
DL wrote:
Rock, thanks for the kind words and offer. There has been a number inquires of people asking how to help. We're in the process of setting...
Rock, thanks for the kind words and offer. There has been a number inquires of people asking how to help. We're in the process of setting up a Go Fund Me site, will make a press release ASAP and post here on Vital. In the mean time if anybody has any questions please contact me don@rocketexhaust.com
You are welcome Don. Just contributed the 50 I promised after getting the e mail from Andrea. When will this Go Fund Me information be on Vital?
DL
8/29/2015 10:49pm
DL wrote:
Rock, thanks for the kind words and offer. There has been a number inquires of people asking how to help. We're in the process of setting...
The Rock wrote:
You are welcome Don. Just contributed the 50 I promised after getting the e mail from Andrea. When will this Go Fund Me information be on...
You are welcome Don. Just contributed the 50 I promised after getting the e mail from Andrea. When will this Go Fund Me information be on Vital?
Rock, we sent out the press release this morning to Vital, TWMX, Racer X and Dirt Bike. I'm sure they'll all get it up ASAP. In the meantime here is a link http://www.gofundme.com/beleibmxofnations
KB221
8/29/2015 10:50pm
Cool video! Awesome guy!

Post a reply to: VIDEO: BeLeib: On The Edge - Part 1

The Latest