Usain Bolt and Brock Tickle.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/31/2018 11:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2018 11:33 AM

Bolt just lost his Olimpic gold medal because his teammate was tested positive in 2016 for methylhexaneamine.
They won gold in men`s 4x100-metre relay back in 2008 in Beijin.
CAS threw out appeal request.

|

5/31/2018 11:34 AM

What does Tickle have to do with this? Are you implying that all of Baker's athletes should loose their titles since Tickle was banned?

|

5/31/2018 11:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2018 11:39 AM

ky_savage wrote:

What does Tickle have to do with this? Are you implying that all of Baker's athletes should loose their titles since Tickle ...more

Are you nuts?
It means that they take that substance seriously when even Bolt with millions and lawyers could do shit.
Tickle is fucked.

|

5/31/2018 11:45 AM

kongols wrote:

Are you nuts?
It means that they take that substance seriously when even Bolt with millions and lawyers could do shit.
Tickle ...more

Just checking. I kinda think the same.

|

5/31/2018 11:59 AM

ky_savage wrote:

What does Tickle have to do with this? Are you implying that all of Baker's athletes should loose their titles since Tickle ...more

kongols wrote:

Are you nuts?
Tickle ...more

Good point. Yep, he done.

|

5/31/2018 12:05 PM

wonder if he still "doesn't know how it got in his system"

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

5/31/2018 12:08 PM

Pingree had an article in the last RacerX mag and pretty much nailed it. The dude is done...unfortunate. But at the same time..gotta pay attention when you’re a professional.

|

5/31/2018 12:29 PM

Bolt lost his RELAY medal I assume since one of his teammates tested positive? That seems fair to me.

Just like if an MxDN rider tested positive, the whole team should be docked.

|

5/31/2018 12:41 PM

BroFoSho wrote:

Bolt lost his RELAY medal I assume since one of his teammates tested positive? That seems fair to me.

Just like if an MxDN ...more

You obviously dont know what a relay race is..

|

5/31/2018 12:43 PM

BroFoSho wrote:

That's correct, I don't think that was the point.

The point was another athlete (not Usain Bolt) tested positive for the same substance....that athlete appealed it and lost.

Meaning....there is a pretty good chance that Brock doesn't have any chance.

|

5/31/2018 1:10 PM

It is definitely true that Brock's chances are extremely low. The fact is that his A and B sample tested positive. Whether he knew or not isn't really relevant in these cases. The only real hope he has IMO is for this case to cause moto to at a minimum get itself out from under the WADA penalty regime, and at best, do its own testing and set its own penalties. But because it was Brock and not someone in championship contention, nothing will be done.

|

5/31/2018 1:25 PM

ACBraap wrote:

It is definitely true that Brock's chances are extremely low. The fact is that his A and B sample tested positive. Whether he ...more

He chances are Zero. The only chance he has is getting a shorter suspension but that is doubtful.

|

5/31/2018 1:44 PM

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/questions-answers/strict-liability-in-anti-doping

Sure I'll regret this and doubt I'll take the time to reply to most of this. But as someone that has been in the testing pool longer than ANY single athlete in moto and tested more times than any of the athletes in moto. This is what we get hammered into our heads. Read the link. You are responsible for what goes into your body. END of discussion. It is very simple. I have zero sympathy for someone in his position that got it wrong. If I can spend the last years in the pool, with way less resources and never fail a test, no reason for these guys to do it.

Oh yea, and I'll add a note. I've had TUE's on file. They're not hard to take care of. If you get in trouble for not having one, you're an idiot.

|

5/31/2018 2:05 PM

kongols wrote:

Are you nuts?
Tickle ...more

Exactly

|

5/31/2018 2:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2018 2:44 PM

Tickle needs to pack up and go to Canada and stomp everybody in that series and make some money. I feel like he is wasting his time and talent fighting with WADA.

|

5/31/2018 2:52 PM

Well said

|

5/31/2018 2:57 PM

Umm?....if Usain lost his gold medal from a "Relay " race because his team mate was dirty......why wouldn't he? Do you guys understand what a relay race is?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/31/2018 4:01 PM

racinstation wrote:

Tickle needs to pack up and go to Canada and stomp everybody in that series and make some money. I feel like he is wasting his ...more

Stomp? Not likely. Facciotti would have tickle covered.

|

5/31/2018 4:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/31/2018 4:23 PM

racinstation wrote:

Tickle needs to pack up and go to Canada and stomp everybody in that series and make some money. I feel like he is wasting his ...more

Rushton597 wrote:

Stomp? Not likely. Facciotti would have tickle covered.

I don't think Facciotti has ever beaten Tickle. Right now it is just a matter of opinion because Facciotti knows the Canadian tracks better, so we will never know unless it happens.....but I would bet on Tickle if they ever faced off on level ground.

|

5/31/2018 4:17 PM

OMG...James = no TUE = idiot. Glad I didn't say that. You will soon be the most hated man on the planet...or it might feel that way.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

5/31/2018 4:24 PM

BroFoSho wrote:

kb228 wrote:

It sure seems like he does.

The result of a relay race is the sum of all the athletes. If one is disqualified for doping, that negates the entire team's efforts. It doesn't mean Usain Bolt is guilty of doping; only that his team did not legitimately win the relay. Therefore, his TEAM medal for relay is rescinded.
The MXDN reference is analogous, if imperfect. Although the MXDN teams do not race in a relay, they race as a team.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

5/31/2018 4:57 PM

BroFoSho wrote:

kb228 wrote:

It's the one where they run and job over the hurdles?

|

5/31/2018 4:59 PM

So does this mean that methylhexamine (or whatever) is becoming more popular as an enhancing drug and other athletes are probably experimenting with it as well?

|

Ex Pro BMX rider. Lover of all 2 wheeled machines.

1978 XR75
1994 KX250
1997 KX250
2008 CRF450
2004 YZ250

5/31/2018 5:21 PM

BroFoSho wrote:

kb228 wrote:

BroFoSho wrote:

It's the one where they run and job over the hurdles?

Well, no..... that would be hurdles. laughing

A relay is where they hand off a baton to another runner at some point(s) during the race. One guy starts, the next takes the baton, then the next, etc.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

5/31/2018 7:10 PM

How can they take a medal away that was earned six years before the dirty test? How could they possibly prove that the athlete had taken anything during the Olympics?

|

M3 Racing EKS Goggles Shock Sox Decal Works

5/31/2018 7:15 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Umm?....if Usain lost his gold medal from a "Relay " race because his team mate was dirty......why wouldn't he? Do you guys ...more

Boy this one just sailed right over your head

|

5/31/2018 7:53 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Umm?....if Usain lost his gold medal from a "Relay " race because his team mate was dirty......why wouldn't he? Do you guys ...more

Johnny Ringo wrote:

How? Ok dummy.....are you saying Broc's team should have all their championship's taken away , when they actually ride for themselves and race for themselves? Unlike Usain , which competed in an actual " team race "? There is no comparison you fucking smart ass. Please explain what "went over my head " Mr anonymous.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

5/31/2018 7:54 PM

stackman17 wrote:

How can they take a medal away that was earned six years before the dirty test? How could they possibly prove that the athlete ...more

In 2016 the IOC retested 454 frozen samples from the 2008 Summer Olympics. That is where the failed test came from. Some banned products are not detectable with current tests, retroactive testing is used a a deterrent.

|

5/31/2018 8:00 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

How? Ok dummy.....are you saying Broc's team should have all their championship's taken away , when they actually ride for ...more

What the OP was saying, was usain bolts teammate tested positive for the same drug Broc did. He appealed to WADA, and lost. What this means is that no matter what Broc does to appeal, he is screwed.

Does that help? You should really work on your quick temper. Always 0-100 with you.

|

5/31/2018 8:30 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

How? Ok dummy.....are you saying Broc's team should have all their championship's taken away , when they actually ride for ...more

Johnny Ringo wrote:

What the OP was saying, was usain bolts teammate tested positive for the same drug Broc did. He appealed to WADA, and lost. ...more

How does that have anything to do with my first response? I commented on what a " Relay race " was.....and how a person on that team could get penalized with a dirty team mate. I did not once even mention anything about a person appealing his failed drug test. I never even came close to that.

So again.....what went over my head? My temper doesn't seem to be the issue here.....you're reading comprehension seems to be the problem.

|

Ezza is Da man!