Upstate New York riding?

MrCoolWhip
6/26/2020 12:54pm
Just recently moved to Fort drum, does anyone know if there are any good tracks to ride around the area?
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
6/26/2020 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2020 1:05pm
Looks like you're about 2 hours from Frozen Ocean MX. If you cross into Canada, you're 2 hours from MX101/Sand Del Lee MX Park.

Motomasters less than an hour.

The Shop

MrCoolWhip
6/26/2020 1:26pm
Do you guys know roughly when the tracks first open and close for the season, heard that the winters are usually pretty long up here
1down5up
6/26/2020 1:55pm
MrCoolWhip wrote:
Just recently moved to Fort drum, does anyone know if there are any good tracks to ride around the area?
motomasters (mexico,n.y.)in the district 3 racing.seems close to you.
UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1775th
6/26/2020 1:56pm
UGOTBIT wrote:
www.highvoltagehillsmx.com

www.motomissionpowersports.com

Have not been to either, I'm on the East side and hit NY, MA and NH
MrCoolWhip wrote:
Do you know roughly when the tracks first open and close for the season, heard that the winters are usually pretty long up here

I don't, like I said I'm on the East side, so no experiences there.

You will get some winter up there lol
dedi684
6/26/2020 3:24pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2020 3:25pm
Royal mountain in caroga lake in cny
Adk near lake george holds open practices but thats coming a little east
Hi voltage is supposed to be sweet and moto masters too
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
6/26/2020 3:38pm
MrCoolWhip wrote:
Do you guys know roughly when the tracks first open and close for the season, heard that the winters are usually pretty long up here
I don't know about the tracks in the US, but MX101/Sand Del Lee usually opens mid-late April.

Last year the weather was great late into fall and they closed in late October.

I would imagine it's similar in your area.
sandman768
6/26/2020 6:39pm
Plenty of riding out your way but hurry, winter starts in 2 weeks😂
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
6/26/2020 7:10pm
Scotty Drake's place is a pretty sick place to gets some good practice...take a bunch of airfilters. Scotty is on Facebook for directions and is about 1.5 hrs from Albany then you have ADK also about an hour from Albany, the is Area 51 about 2 hours away. SOUTHWICK and 2 hours away.

There is aslo Claverack, I have ridden their a bunch but you will need to contact Bob Brew for permission.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
6/26/2020 7:12pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2020 7:19pm
dedi684 wrote:
Royal mountain in caroga lake in cny Adk near lake george holds open practices but thats coming a little east Hi voltage is supposed to be...
Adk is pretty good for begginers or old bastards like me.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
6/26/2020 7:19pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2020 8:24pm
Note- i was based that side for winter last year, lets just say it was a wake up call....coming from Africa I was ovulating from day one and by the end i was contemplating putting a noose around me old skinny neck. Up in Hoosick Falls is was -19 degrees celcius....i should have died that week...but god keep me alive as a form of punishment for all my sins. I swear, ill never go near that place again.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
6/26/2020 7:21pm
Boomslang wrote:
Scotty Drake's place is a pretty sick place to gets some good practice...take a bunch of airfilters. Scotty is on Facebook for directions and is about...
Scotty Drake's place is a pretty sick place to gets some good practice...take a bunch of airfilters. Scotty is on Facebook for directions and is about 1.5 hrs from Albany then you have ADK also about an hour from Albany, the is Area 51 about 2 hours away. SOUTHWICK and 2 hours away.

There is aslo Claverack, I have ridden their a bunch but you will need to contact Bob Brew for permission.
You want to ride a good national caliber track....hit up area51. That place is insane.
UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1775th
6/26/2020 7:25pm
dedi684 wrote:
Royal mountain in caroga lake in cny Adk near lake george holds open practices but thats coming a little east Hi voltage is supposed to be...
Boomslang wrote:
Was there yesterday, about a dozen people riding... work is for suckers!!!!!

Jeremy said he is going to totally re-do the track this coming week. He and his crew/family are the nicest people!
6/26/2020 7:46pm
Boomslang wrote:
Scotty Drake's place is a pretty sick place to gets some good practice...take a bunch of airfilters. Scotty is on Facebook for directions and is about...

So you are saying that Claverack allows private practice during the week under special circumstances?
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
6/26/2020 7:56pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2020 8:02pm
Boomslang wrote:

40 wrote:
So you are saying that Claverack allows private practice during the week under special circumstances?
Details are a bit sketchy but I believe Bob's been pulled from their AMA affilation over fees or whatever due high costs of hosting races. I know Bob personalyl but have never went into detail.

Claverack has been around for soooooo long and now he faces bureaucratic bullshit.

I know the track gets used like once a year but this may change. You would need to call Bob directly if you want the gods honest truth of whats going on. I have riding there privately twice.

A buddy of mine want to sit with Bob and see if we can buy him out or at least lease to the venue in order to host 9 races a year for a championship.

Time will tell but give BB a call....hit me up if you need his mobile number.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
6/26/2020 7:59pm
Details are a bit sketchy but I believe Bob's been pulled from thr AMA or who ever it is over high costs of hosting races. I know Bob personal but have never went into detail.

Claverack has been around for soooooo long and now he faces bureaucratic bullshit.

I know the track gets used like once a year but this may change. You would need to call Bob directly if you want the gods honest truth of whats going on. I have riding there privately twice.

A buddy of mine want to sit with Bob and see if we can buy him out or at least lease to the venue in order to host 9 races a year for a championship.

6/26/2020 8:12pm
Boomslang wrote:
Details are a bit sketchy but I believe Bob's been pulled from their AMA affilation over fees or whatever due high costs of hosting races. I...
Details are a bit sketchy but I believe Bob's been pulled from their AMA affilation over fees or whatever due high costs of hosting races. I know Bob personalyl but have never went into detail.

Is the number from their website accurate? 518-828-6149
MrCoolWhip
6/26/2020 8:12pm
Boomslang wrote:
Note- i was based that side for winter last year, lets just say it was a wake up call....coming from Africa I was ovulating from day...
Note- i was based that side for winter last year, lets just say it was a wake up call....coming from Africa I was ovulating from day one and by the end i was contemplating putting a noose around me old skinny neck. Up in Hoosick Falls is was -19 degrees celcius....i should have died that week...but god keep me alive as a form of punishment for all my sins. I swear, ill never go near that place again.
Yikes lol
Jbulz
Fantasy
3981st
6/26/2020 8:22pm
Ton of riding in NY. I'm in Ithaca and there's something like 20 tracks within 2.5 hrs. Upstate Motocross, Empire State MX, CNYMRA, D34 (kinda), and M.S.C are the districts in the area. I have a list of tracks I can post on Monday, but the closet tracks to you are probably Motomasters, Thornwood, and High Voltage.
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
6/26/2020 8:26pm
dedi684 wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
UGOTBIT wrote:
Was there yesterday, about a dozen people riding... work is for suckers!!!!! Jeremy said he is going to totally re-do the track this coming week. He...
Was there yesterday, about a dozen people riding... work is for suckers!!!!!

Jeremy said he is going to totally re-do the track this coming week. He and his crew/family are the nicest people!
Aaagh...Jeremy is such an awesome guy. Can't wait to sit aroung the barbaque with him to catch up.
6/26/2020 8:30pm
sandman768 wrote:
Plenty of riding out your way but hurry, winter starts in 2 weeks😂
Gotta love NY-
10 months per year of freezing your ass off.
12 months of oppressive taxes.
user760a
6/26/2020 8:46pm
Living in the Fort Drum area, you should seriously be looking at Facebook marketplace and craigslist for some summer snowmobile deals....it is going to be a long, long (long) winter. do yourself a solid and get a bad ass sled
Huckster
6/27/2020 3:40am
40 wrote:
Gotta love NY-
The tax part is accurate but you’re way off on the weather part.

dedi684
6/27/2020 4:16am
40 wrote:
Gotta love NY-
Huckster wrote:

I live 15 min south of albany you cant tell me the weather doesnt suck 10 months out of the year. Lol
sandman768
6/27/2020 4:29am
Huckster wrote:

A little sarcastic humor.... the spring-summer- fall can be great riding weather in New York. When the winter does set in, it is long and harsh....
Huckster
6/27/2020 4:30am Edited Date/Time 6/27/2020 4:31am
40 wrote:
Gotta love NY-
Huckster wrote:

dedi684 wrote:
I live 15 min south of albany you cant tell me the weather doesnt suck 10 months out of the year. Lol
Yes I can. I live 20 minutes south of you and I can ride 10 months of the year. I guess it comes down to a matter of perspective. It’s certainly not AZ but it’s not bad around here. Western NY/Tug Hill area is beautiful but yes they get a lot of Snow/cold but it’s one of the best snowmobiling places in the country.. I have rode at Walden in Jan and Feb when it was 60. We have all 4 Seasons in the Hudson Valley part of Upstate NY.

Post a reply to: Upstate New York riding?

The Latest