Upstate New York riding?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/26/2020 12:54 PM

Just recently moved to Fort drum, does anyone know if there are any good tracks to ride around the area?

|

6/26/2020 1:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/26/2020 1:05 PM

Looks like you're about 2 hours from Frozen Ocean MX. If you cross into Canada, you're 2 hours from MX101/Sand Del Lee MX Park.

Motomasters less than an hour.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/26/2020 1:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/26/2020 1:08 PM

|

6/26/2020 1:06 PM

Thanks for the info!

|

6/26/2020 1:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/26/2020 1:28 PM

www.highvoltagehillsmx.com
www.motomissionpowersports.com

Have not been to either, I'm on the East side and hit NY, MA and NH
|

6/26/2020 1:26 PM

Do you guys know roughly when the tracks first open and close for the season, heard that the winters are usually pretty long up here

|

6/26/2020 1:27 PM

UGOTBIT wrote: www.highvoltagehillsmx.com

Do you know roughly when the tracks first open and close for the season, heard that the winters are usually pretty long up here

|

6/26/2020 1:55 PM

MrCoolWhip wrote:

Just recently moved to Fort drum, does anyone know if there are any good tracks to ride around the area?

motomasters (mexico,n.y.)in the district 3 racing.seems close to you.

|

6/26/2020 1:56 PM

UGOTBIT wrote: www.highvoltagehillsmx.com

MrCoolWhip wrote:

Do you know roughly when the tracks first open and close for the season, heard that the winters are usually pretty long up here

I don't, like I said I'm on the East side, so no experiences there.

You will get some winter up there lol

|

6/26/2020 3:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/26/2020 3:25 PM

Royal mountain in caroga lake in cny
Adk near lake george holds open practices but thats coming a little east
Hi voltage is supposed to be sweet and moto masters too

|

6/26/2020 3:38 PM

MrCoolWhip wrote:

Do you guys know roughly when the tracks first open and close for the season, heard that the winters are usually pretty long up here

I don't know about the tracks in the US, but MX101/Sand Del Lee usually opens mid-late April.

Last year the weather was great late into fall and they closed in late October.

I would imagine it's similar in your area.

|

6/26/2020 6:39 PM

Plenty of riding out your way but hurry, winter starts in 2 weeks😂

|

6/26/2020 7:10 PM

Scotty Drake's place is a pretty sick place to gets some good practice...take a bunch of airfilters. Scotty is on Facebook for directions and is about 1.5 hrs from Albany then you have ADK also about an hour from Albany, the is Area 51 about 2 hours away. SOUTHWICK and 2 hours away.

There is aslo Claverack, I have ridden their a bunch but you will need to contact Bob Brew for permission.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/26/2020 7:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/26/2020 7:19 PM

dedi684 wrote:

Adk is pretty good for begginers or old bastards like me.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/26/2020 7:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/26/2020 8:24 PM

Note- i was based that side for winter last year, lets just say it was a wake up call....coming from Africa I was ovulating from day one and by the end i was contemplating putting a noose around me old skinny neck. Up in Hoosick Falls is was -19 degrees celcius....i should have died that week...but god keep me alive as a form of punishment for all my sins. I swear, ill never go near that place again.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/26/2020 7:21 PM

Boomslang wrote:

Scotty Drake's place is a pretty sick place to gets some good practice...take a bunch of airfilters. Scotty is on Facebook for directions and is about 1.5 hrs from Albany then you have ADK also about an hour from Albany, the is Area 51 about 2 hours away. SOUTHWICK and 2 hours away.

There is aslo Claverack, I have ridden their a bunch but you will need to contact Bob Brew for permission.

You want to ride a good national caliber track....hit up area51. That place is insane.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/26/2020 7:25 PM

dedi684 wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

Was there yesterday, about a dozen people riding... work is for suckers!!!!!

Jeremy said he is going to totally re-do the track this coming week. He and his crew/family are the nicest people!

|

6/26/2020 7:46 PM

Boomslang wrote:

So you are saying that Claverack allows private practice during the week under special circumstances?

|

6/26/2020 7:48 PM

Scotty Drake - The Compound
https://thecompoundmx.com/book/

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/26/2020 7:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/26/2020 8:02 PM

Boomslang wrote:

40 wrote:

So you are saying that Claverack allows private practice during the week under special circumstances?

Details are a bit sketchy but I believe Bob's been pulled from their AMA affilation over fees or whatever due high costs of hosting races. I know Bob personalyl but have never went into detail.

Claverack has been around for soooooo long and now he faces bureaucratic bullshit.

I know the track gets used like once a year but this may change. You would need to call Bob directly if you want the gods honest truth of whats going on. I have riding there privately twice.

A buddy of mine want to sit with Bob and see if we can buy him out or at least lease to the venue in order to host 9 races a year for a championship.

Time will tell but give BB a call....hit me up if you need his mobile number.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/26/2020 7:59 PM

Details are a bit sketchy but I believe Bob's been pulled from thr AMA or who ever it is over high costs of hosting races. I know Bob personal but have never went into detail.

Claverack has been around for soooooo long and now he faces bureaucratic bullshit.

I know the track gets used like once a year but this may change. You would need to call Bob directly if you want the gods honest truth of whats going on. I have riding there privately twice.

A buddy of mine want to sit with Bob and see if we can buy him out or at least lease to the venue in order to host 9 races a year for a championship.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/26/2020 8:12 PM

Boomslang wrote:

Details are a bit sketchy but I believe Bob's been pulled from their AMA affilation over fees or whatever due high costs of hosting races. I know Bob personalyl but have never went into detail.

Is the number from their website accurate? 518-828-6149

|

6/26/2020 8:12 PM

Boomslang wrote:

Note- i was based that side for winter last year, lets just say it was a wake up call....coming from Africa I was ovulating from day one and by the end i was contemplating putting a noose around me old skinny neck. Up in Hoosick Falls is was -19 degrees celcius....i should have died that week...but god keep me alive as a form of punishment for all my sins. I swear, ill never go near that place again.

Yikes lol

|

6/26/2020 8:22 PM

Ton of riding in NY. I'm in Ithaca and there's something like 20 tracks within 2.5 hrs. Upstate Motocross, Empire State MX, CNYMRA, D34 (kinda), and M.S.C are the districts in the area. I have a list of tracks I can post on Monday, but the closet tracks to you are probably Motomasters, Thornwood, and High Voltage.

|

6/26/2020 8:26 PM

dedi684 wrote:

Boomslang wrote:

UGOTBIT wrote:

Was there yesterday, about a dozen people riding... work is for suckers!!!!!

Jeremy said he is going to totally re-do the track this coming week. He and his crew/family are the nicest people!

Aaagh...Jeremy is such an awesome guy. Can't wait to sit aroung the barbaque with him to catch up.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/26/2020 8:30 PM

sandman768 wrote:

Gotta love NY-
10 months per year of freezing your ass off.
12 months of oppressive taxes.

|

6/26/2020 8:46 PM

Living in the Fort Drum area, you should seriously be looking at Facebook marketplace and craigslist for some summer snowmobile deals....it is going to be a long, long (long) winter. do yourself a solid and get a bad ass sled

|

ride

6/27/2020 3:40 AM

40 wrote:

Gotta love NY-

The tax part is accurate but you’re way off on the weather part.

|

6/27/2020 4:16 AM

sandman768 wrote:

40 wrote:

Gotta love NY-

Huckster wrote:

I live 15 min south of albany you cant tell me the weather doesnt suck 10 months out of the year. Lol

|

6/27/2020 4:29 AM

Huckster wrote:

A little sarcastic humor.... the spring-summer- fall can be great riding weather in New York. When the winter does set in, it is long and harsh....

|