Update for the James Marshall helmet drawing (not good)

Edited Date/Time 3/8/2016 8:38am
Hey guys I tried contacting the guy who painted the helmet after a month of it not showing up and it sounds like it might be a goner. I honestly do not believe he ever sent it. He has offered me no explanation as to what happened and it just seems really suspicious that he has no tracking information and only responds to about half of my text messages when I ask him where the hell the helmet is. I'm sorry it ended like this. I just wanted to raffle the helmet off for a guy who had a life changing injury while racing supercross and is trying to get his life back together. It's a shitty deal.
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
3/7/2016 4:21am
Where does he live, what's his name/business?
3/7/2016 4:39am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2016 1:26pm

The worst part was that barely anyone participated so it barely raised any money. I wanted to at least follow through with the original plan.

The Shop

Panic_Rev
3/7/2016 5:35am
If you get it back I would check and make sure he didn't use a lead based paint.
Wahoo214
3/7/2016 8:21am
Hope you paid full price by the way you are bashing him. If not should resolve things in private.
IWreckALot
3/7/2016 8:30am
Wahoo214 wrote:
Hope you paid full price by the way you are bashing him. If not should resolve things in private.
I have no problem with dirty laundry like this getting aired out here. If the dude isn't being up front, why shouldn't we know about a bad business scheme?
nytsmaC
3/7/2016 8:31am
Wahoo214 wrote:
Obviously he tried to resolve things in private and got nowhere.

The dude looks to have stolen the helmet plus a sum of extra money that was for a custom paint job. he shouldn't be outed unless the dollar amount he stole is full pop for the paint job that he didn't do? What planet are you from dude?
Wahoo214
3/7/2016 8:38am
Wahoo214 wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
I have no problem with dirty laundry like this getting aired out here. If the dude isn't being up front, why shouldn't we know about a...
I have no problem with dirty laundry like this getting aired out here. If the dude isn't being up front, why shouldn't we know about a bad business scheme?
As with all of these things there are always two sides to it. He has done work for me and charities in Michigan with no issues. He has even been on the board of a moto charity in the past so I find it hard to believe it couldn't be resolved if this person is giving all the info
Tpog496
3/7/2016 8:46am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2016 8:47am
Wahoo214 wrote:
As with all of these things there are always two sides to it. He has done work for me and charities in Michigan with no issues...
As with all of these things there are always two sides to it. He has done work for me and charities in Michigan with no issues. He has even been on the board of a moto charity in the past so I find it hard to believe it couldn't be resolved if this person is giving all the info
If you read the op you can clearly see he tried to resolve it in private to no avail. Sucks that things get posted for everyone to see but that's the world we live in.
3/7/2016 9:01am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2016 9:13am
This whole thing is somewhat ridiculous. The helmet was painted for cost on my end it was shipped and now I'm getting bashed through some social keyboard warrior home base. I held up my end and have painted over 100 helmets just this winter and not a single complaint. Pretty wild that someone can try to rouin something you have spent countless nights trying to build out of nothing over some sort of shipping issue. I have insurance on the helmet for starters and the tracking number has been said to be to his location latest Wendsay. If anyone is getting fucked over its me. Running a business and doing this for free to help out a cause and the person in charge of posting and promoting the helmet does more of a job blasting the painter than he does keeping in touch with the point of promoting the auction/raffle in the first place. As he stated above... " barely anyone participated." Below is the picture of the original receipt sent via usps. If he doesn't receive the helmet then I will personally and proudly refund the cost of what was charged to help contribute to a 501c3 company on my end.....also like said above.. Real easy to minupilate texts for others to jump on and see one sided stories.
nytsmaC
3/7/2016 9:15am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2016 9:18am
If you wouldn't have told him you'd already shipped it before Feb 22nd and then start ignoring his attempts to communicate he wouldn't have had to fucking panic. now it looks like you finally shipped it after he called you out on a public forum.

$50 insurance it looks like too. Just so you can say you insured it?

Poor you.
FolkLoar
3/7/2016 9:28am
nytsmaC wrote:
If you wouldn't have told him you'd already shipped it before Feb 22nd and then start ignoring his attempts to communicate he wouldn't have had to...
If you wouldn't have told him you'd already shipped it before Feb 22nd and then start ignoring his attempts to communicate he wouldn't have had to fucking panic. now it looks like you finally shipped it after he called you out on a public forum.

$50 insurance it looks like too. Just so you can say you insured it?

Poor you.
My favorite part is how he posted pic of shipping receipt with "shipped date" visible then realized his mistake and deleted that pic and reposted with an object placed over the date.

Dude literally just shipped the thing this morning before getting on here to bash the OP. Blink I get it, we all get behind at work, especially when the word "for cost" is involved. Manning up would have been the way to go IMO.
3/7/2016 9:29am
If the helmet was lost it would be covered out of my pocket due to the fact that I painted it for pennies.. Two sides of the story are usually the case but one sided opinions are what thrive on this place. Done arguing. Plenty more to the story but that's for everyone else to have ideas of.
Berm
Fantasy
136th
3/7/2016 9:34am
motokid134 wrote:
If the helmet was lost it would be covered out of my pocket due to the fact that I painted it for pennies.. Two sides of...
If the helmet was lost it would be covered out of my pocket due to the fact that I painted it for pennies.. Two sides of the story are usually the case but one sided opinions are what thrive on this place. Done arguing. Plenty more to the story but that's for everyone else to have ideas of.
Two sides to the story but you won't explain your side? You claim to have shipped it, refuse to communicate, and then only now just ship it after being outed and act like that isn't a problem?
nytsmaC
3/7/2016 9:34am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2016 9:36am
At least the shipping issue was resolved. Turns out the shipping issue was that you never shipped it in the first place, and lied about it.

I know one thing for sure, if I ever need a helmet painted you are definitely my guy. I like how you operate.
3/7/2016 9:36am
motokid134 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/03/07/126953/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

Just a heads up, Red bul has two "l"s > Red Bull.

Carry on...
huck
3/7/2016 9:38am
nytsmaC wrote:
At least the shipping issue was resolved. Turns out the shipping issue was that you never shipped it in the first place, and lied about it...
At least the shipping issue was resolved. Turns out the shipping issue was that you never shipped it in the first place, and lied about it.

I know one thing for sure, if I ever need a helmet painted you are definitely my guy. I like how you operate.
Fucking UPS...they won't deliver 100% of the things that you don't give them!
Berm
Fantasy
136th
3/7/2016 9:44am
nytsmaC wrote:
At least the shipping issue was resolved. Turns out the shipping issue was that you never shipped it in the first place, and lied about it...

huck wrote:
Hey, don't come on here and bash UPS. There's probably two sides to the story and UPS will be here shortly to not explain their side and bitch and moan that they are a business and should be immune to such scrutiny.
Flip109
3/7/2016 10:05am
nytsmaC wrote:

huck wrote:
LaughingLaughingLaughing
3/7/2016 10:16am
You obviously forgot this place tracked down a stolen bike and got it recovered. Don't fuck with the Vital judge and jury system
Tpog496
3/7/2016 10:19am
You obviously forgot this place tracked down a stolen bike and got it recovered. Don't fuck with the Vital judge and jury system
And stolen jerseys
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
3/7/2016 10:20am
nytsmaC wrote:

huck wrote:
Berm wrote:
Hey, don't come on here and bash UPS. There's probably two sides to the story and UPS will be here shortly to not explain their side...
Hey, don't come on here and bash UPS. There's probably two sides to the story and UPS will be here shortly to not explain their side and bitch and moan that they are a business and should be immune to such scrutiny.
He wasnt bashing UPS. Re-read the last sentence
Berm
Fantasy
136th
3/7/2016 10:25am
huck wrote:
Berm wrote:
Hey, don't come on here and bash UPS. There's probably two sides to the story and UPS will be here shortly to not explain their side...
kzizok wrote:
He wasnt bashing UPS. Re-read the last sentence
Yes I know that. Re-read my post which is not a perfect analogy to current topic but a joke nonetheless.
Wahoo214
3/7/2016 10:26am Edited Date/Time 3/7/2016 10:29am
I gotta tell you that if I were a business and was asked to donate my product to any "moto charity" after seeing these posts I would not. Apparently, he tried and did help a kid who in his own words did nearly nothing to raise any money other than ask Motokid to give him something for free and this place jumps on the guy giving his labor.

Did anyone else step up and donate? Did any of you put several hours into painting a helmet for the kid? Please list what you have done for this charity or any other.

Choclatethunder782 please list your 501c3 tax ID I would love to follow up on your progress and see the funds you have raised are given to the beneficiary.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
3/7/2016 10:32am
Tpog496 wrote:
And stolen jerseys
Chad Reed is still looking for his Two Two Motorsports tablecloth. Maybe the Vital sleuths can find it
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
3/7/2016 10:34am
motokid134 wrote:
If the helmet was lost it would be covered out of my pocket due to the fact that I painted it for pennies.. Two sides of...
Berm wrote:
Two sides to the story but you won't explain your side? You claim to have shipped it, refuse to communicate, and then only now just ship...
Two sides to the story but you won't explain your side? You claim to have shipped it, refuse to communicate, and then only now just ship it after being outed and act like that isn't a problem?
I'd have to agree with you, from an outsiders point of view... If he'd sent it when he claimed he did, this post wouldn't even exist !!

Either way, glad the helmet is on its way to the OP.
scooter5002
3/7/2016 10:35am
Although our record on tablecloths is a little shy of the mark........

Nice snowjob motokid, but your story stinks worse than a Porta Shitter at 5pm at the Red Bud National. Kudos for the "Oh, woe is me" touch, but it seems guilt is the only thing is the only thing that brought this to an end. Nice work, Eeyore.

Post a reply to: Update for the James Marshall helmet drawing (not good)

The Latest