Up-vote / down-vote

Related:
Create New Tag

8/30/2018 12:23 AM

Hey admins, what's the reasoning behind not displaying who downvoted?

I don't get it. Surely we're not that sensitive that we can't see who disagrees? I mean, it's not like there isn't already nuclear arguments in here from time to time!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


8/30/2018 12:43 AM

It's pointless, and pretty fucked when someone buying their kid their first bike gets a thumbs down.

|

8/30/2018 1:16 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

It's pointless, and pretty fucked when someone buying their kid their first bike gets a thumbs down.

Yeah, I feel like someone could post the cure for cancer and it would get downvotes. Kinda annoying IMO

|

8/30/2018 1:17 AM

I reckon, fucken pissants.laughing

|

8/30/2018 2:14 AM

I live for down votes!

|

8/30/2018 2:18 AM

it suits the level of discourse here.

|

8/30/2018 2:24 AM

Downvotes feeed my motivation to post bold and very opinionated replies. Freakin love downvotes.

|

8/30/2018 3:02 AM

I down-voted everyone in this thread.

|

8/30/2018 3:09 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

I reckon, fucken pissants.laughing

Pissant. Stop speaking native tongue mate! Seppos here wouldn’t know a pissant if one tap them on the shoulder while having a Ronnie Coot!

|

8/30/2018 3:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2018 3:10 AM

Hahaha, of course this gets downvoted.

I just think it's kinda a bit 2018 sensitive pusshole to hide who disagrees.

Like why have usernames?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


8/30/2018 4:02 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

It's pointless, and pretty fucked when someone buying their kid their first bike gets a thumbs down.

craigathan404 wrote:

Yeah, I feel like someone could post the cure for cancer and it would get downvotes. Kinda annoying IMO

I know you said this sarcastically but it's true. The cancer research people, drug and insurance companies, undertakers, would all lobby to ban the drug.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/30/2018 4:16 AM

Shouldn’t have up/down votes without showing who votes. Pointless.

|

8/30/2018 4:26 AM

TXDirt wrote:

Shouldn’t have up/down votes without showing who votes. Pointless.

Ya actually you could make an argument that it doesn't encourage conversation... not sure what it actually adds? If it's going to be there though, fuckin put a name too it.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


8/30/2018 4:40 AM

Crush wrote:

Hahaha, of course this gets downvoted.

I just think it's kinda a bit 2018 sensitive pusshole to hide who disagrees.

Like why have usernames?

By starting that last sentence with “like” you have lost all speaking privileges in this thread.

Down vote me!!!!

|

8/30/2018 5:02 AM

Crush wrote:

Ya actually you could make an argument that it doesn't encourage conversation... not sure what it actually adds? If it's going to be there though, fuckin put a name too it.

Thumbs up #1 from me.

|

8/30/2018 5:47 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

It's pointless, and pretty fucked when someone buying their kid their first bike gets a thumbs down.

craigathan404 wrote:

Yeah, I feel like someone could post the cure for cancer and it would get downvotes. Kinda annoying IMO

My mom beat cancer by eliminating all processed sugar from her diet. She did the chemo and radiation, but initially the tumor was not responding, after eliminating sugar from her diet they were unable to even find the tumor when they went to remove it.

This is also something to think about...tumors love sugar so much that they use it to detect tumors.
Photo

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

8/30/2018 6:26 AM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

My mom beat cancer by eliminating all processed sugar from her diet. She did the chemo and radiation, but initially the tumor was not responding, after eliminating sugar from her diet they were unable to even find the tumor when they went to remove it.

This is also something to think about...tumors love sugar so much that they use it to detect tumors.
Photo

That's great to hear. In all seriousness, sugar is pretty toxic to your body when not paired with fiber and intensive exercise. I try to keep sugar out of my diet as much as possible and will only use it in the form of carbohydrates when doing long distance cycling.

|

8/30/2018 7:15 AM

Crush wrote:

Hey admins, what's the reasoning behind not displaying who downvoted?

I don't get it. Surely we're not that sensitive that we can't see who disagrees? I mean, it's not like there isn't already nuclear arguments in here from time to time!

Nope, there are quite a few sand filled vaginas that hang out here and follow posters around downvoting anything they post. Someone posted a RIP comment to a fallen rider the other day and got a thumbs down. Takes a seriously pathetic idiot to do something like that. 7th grade all over.

|

8/30/2018 7:19 AM

Crush wrote:

Hey admins, what's the reasoning behind not displaying who downvoted?

I don't get it. Surely we're not that sensitive that we can't see who disagrees? I mean, it's not like there isn't already nuclear arguments in here from time to time!

newmann wrote:

Nope, there are quite a few sand filled vaginas that hang out here and follow posters around downvoting anything they post. Someone posted a RIP comment to a fallen rider the other day and got a thumbs down. Takes a seriously pathetic idiot to do something like that. 7th grade all over.

Maybe it was more of a dislike for the fact that the rider passed away?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

8/30/2018 7:45 AM

I've always thought the up / down vote thing was mainly a " teenager " type thing. What's the point of it on this board? It doesn't bug me or anything , just seems kinda dumb really.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/30/2018 7:46 AM

If you aren’t gettin down votes you aren’t posting. If mine don’t go double digits I’m not trying hard enough. Screw all you thumbs up suckasses

|

8/30/2018 12:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2018 12:04 PM

Macbeth is the probably the most downvoted poster. Seems the system works well ? and the vote system actually encourages less stupid topics, or at least helps readers know what the majority of posters think without having to read through pages of replies. it does allow assholes to downvote anything with 0 repercussion, but then posters would have it out for each other(even more).
Call it sensitive, but it’s the smart thing to do

|

8/30/2018 12:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2018 12:14 PM

Unless the voting system has some influence on the position of a thread and/or how much visibility it gets or contributes to a users credibility, the entire thing is pointless.

|

8/30/2018 12:20 PM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

Unless the voting system has some influence on the position of a thread and/or how much visibility it gets or contributes to a users credibility, the entire thing is pointless.

Not really pointless. It can save a lot of clutter of “x2” posts and can let someone know they agree or disagree with them without having to make a comment.

Why do you think every other social website has likes, upvotes, whatever? Seems like the only ones complaining about them are the ones that get their feelings hurt when someone thumbs them down.

|

8/30/2018 12:28 PM

“Pwt ecan what do they enjext you woth”

Thank God for google being able to guess what you mean

But I’m super glad your mom was able to beat cancer!

|

8/30/2018 12:28 PM

The thumbs down button would be used a lot less if it wasn't anonymous.

|

8/30/2018 12:29 PM

|

8/30/2018 12:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2018 12:57 PM

EZZA 95B wrote:

It's pointless, and pretty fucked when someone buying their kid their first bike gets a thumbs down.

craigathan404 wrote:

Yeah, I feel like someone could post the cure for cancer and it would get downvotes. Kinda annoying IMO

plowboy wrote:

I know you said this sarcastically but it's true. The cancer research people, drug and insurance companies, undertakers, would all lobby to ban the drug.

As an "Undertaker," I think you should know that we don't WANT people to die. Just when they do, come see me! :D Curing cancer won't stop death.

|

In an infinite universe, anything is possible!

8/30/2018 12:37 PM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

Unless the voting system has some influence on the position of a thread and/or how much visibility it gets or contributes to a users credibility, the entire thing is pointless.

Pretty sure you feel that way because everything you post gets 5+ downvotes.

Photo

|

8/30/2018 12:38 PM

aeffertz wrote:

Not really pointless. It can save a lot of clutter of “x2” posts and can let someone know they agree or disagree with them without having to make a comment.

Why do you think every other social website has likes, upvotes, whatever? Seems like the only ones complaining about them are the ones that get their feelings hurt when someone thumbs them down.

A simple down-vote would've sufficed. whistling

|

I can do anything, I'm an expert.
MotoTribology.com - Motorcycle Lubrication Education