Untitled James Bubba Stewart Project

adjentleman
Fantasy
958th
https://www.movieinsider.com/m2268/untitled-james-bubba-stewart-project

Read about a Bubba movie being written by the director of Pineapple Express, David Gordon Green, a while ago when it seemed like it was going to actually happen but now it seems it has been put aside for good. Who would have been excited to see a biographical movie on James? Is it too soon? What riders story would you rather see a movie based on?
|
NorCal 50+
7/1/2018 12:22pm
Tom Cruise was supposedly involved with this. I read an interview with Bubba where he said he didn't like the way they portrayed motocross, so he dropped it. I am sure the storyline would have called for the fans to be pretty racist, since overcoming racism was part of the plot. I thought it was cool of him to turn down a movie to protect the sport, especially when he did encounter a lot of racism.
ktmdan
7/1/2018 12:23pm
I'd rather see an epic 2 hour documentary done by adamitis. I guess it would be hard to do if you can't get current comments from the legend.
adjentleman
Fantasy
958th
7/1/2018 1:06pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Tom Cruise was supposedly involved with this. I read an interview with Bubba where he said he didn't like the way they portrayed motocross, so he...
Tom Cruise was supposedly involved with this. I read an interview with Bubba where he said he didn't like the way they portrayed motocross, so he dropped it. I am sure the storyline would have called for the fans to be pretty racist, since overcoming racism was part of the plot. I thought it was cool of him to turn down a movie to protect the sport, especially when he did encounter a lot of racism.
Yeah I remember hearing Tom Cruise was to be involved. I'm glad he made that decision then. Something like that could be really good for the sport or easily go in the complete opposite direction. I think a documentary would be the better way to go, if anything. I wouldn't want someone else writing my story in their perspective.
bd
7/1/2018 1:27pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Tom Cruise was supposedly involved with this. I read an interview with Bubba where he said he didn't like the way they portrayed motocross, so he...
That Southwick race about decade ago was telling.... fuck it was embarrassing. Stew has received a lot of gifts and some hate no other rider has experienced. I hope Stew is well.

The Shop

Jeff alessi
7/1/2018 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 2:32pm
Racism is hard, harder then most of our racers understand for a black man doing things no one has ever done. I was racing during southwick in that practice when the extreme happened, I was living there with a friend for the race leading into it hearing friends I knew in that same house fighting a racist battle. Very rude what anyone in mass has to overcome to live a normal life especially since the region did what it had to to rid the United States and the world of racial equality. They did a perfect job. I won’t lie I was ready to see a film that killed it completely. I was really excited to see the doc about a fellow racer but if it had the wrong direction I’m more then happy to see James protecting more then just our sport. There is a lot more a racer has to overcome then the color of his skin. James is the fastest man, he changed our sport for the better with his incredible talent and everything he did every minute on a motorcycle that translated into our kids that race today and continue to do AMAZING things! I see it every day, I see everything we as racers have done.
adjentleman
Fantasy
958th
7/1/2018 3:59pm
Racism is hard, harder then most of our racers understand for a black man doing things no one has ever done. I was racing during southwick...
Racism is hard, harder then most of our racers understand for a black man doing things no one has ever done. I was racing during southwick in that practice when the extreme happened, I was living there with a friend for the race leading into it hearing friends I knew in that same house fighting a racist battle. Very rude what anyone in mass has to overcome to live a normal life especially since the region did what it had to to rid the United States and the world of racial equality. They did a perfect job. I won’t lie I was ready to see a film that killed it completely. I was really excited to see the doc about a fellow racer but if it had the wrong direction I’m more then happy to see James protecting more then just our sport. There is a lot more a racer has to overcome then the color of his skin. James is the fastest man, he changed our sport for the better with his incredible talent and everything he did every minute on a motorcycle that translated into our kids that race today and continue to do AMAZING things! I see it every day, I see everything we as racers have done.
Very true. I'll never forget that day and I very much admire the way the Stewart's handled themselves. Racism is everywhere and it sucks but it certainly does not belong in our sport. Just like James said that day, " we all look the same in our helmets." But hey he held his head high, and man did he prove them all wrong. He is the fastest man ever to swing his leg over a bike and no one will take that away from him. He is and always will be a legend in the sport of motocross.
Sully
7/1/2018 4:47pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
bd wrote:
That Southwick race about decade ago was telling.... fuck it was embarrassing. Stew has received a lot of gifts and some hate no other rider has...
That Southwick race about decade ago was telling.... fuck it was embarrassing. Stew has received a lot of gifts and some hate no other rider has experienced. I hope Stew is well.
If I remember correctly, the guy who was holding the n-word sign came on here (or maybe it was MotoDrive) and tried to justify his shitheaded-ness by saying it was just a joke, or someone dared/bet him to do it or some such bullshit. It didn't end well for him.

I'm glad to hear that James pulled the plug on the movie, because there's no way that Hollywood would overlook the race issue, rather than focusing on the fact that James revolutionized an entire sport. ktmdan is right, though, an Adamitis documentary would be the shit.
Lucifa.
7/1/2018 8:38pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
bd wrote:
That Southwick race about decade ago was telling.... fuck it was embarrassing. Stew has received a lot of gifts and some hate no other rider has...
I see racism is still alive and well for the "fans" that go to Southwick. Musquin was getting boo'd the whole day. Not just booing either, some of the shit he was getting called. It was embarrassing.

Post a reply to: Untitled James Bubba Stewart Project

The Latest