Unsung heroes – best motocross tracks?

GarySemics
What’s your favorite Motocross track, and why? My favorite MX track in NC is North Carolina Motorsports Park (NCMP). They’re open 7 days a week, 363 days a year. Only close for Christmas Eve and Day. They have the following on the 100 plus acres…

- Main MX track. (Video below).
- Beginner track.
- Mini track.
- Long woods track.
- Amateur SX track.
- Day, week, month primitive and electric camping sites.
- A lot of MX and SX races, including a LL Area Qualifier.

The owners Mark and Jill Czysz opened in 2004. Mark moved to NC from upstate NY in 92 with his tool bag and skill saw. He knew no one and had nothing, accept the American Dream. Over the years he developed a successful construction business and an awesome Motocross, Woods, and riding area that all skill levels can enjoy. They’re in it for a reason, not just a season. If you are ever in the area, you should go there to camp, ride or race. You won’t be disappointed!

NCMP website.

|
6/9/2021 10:28am
Awesome place!

Side note: I was listening to the Jocko Willink Podcast and on episode 223 he had Pat Macimira on and he mentioned you and your school by name and I thought it was VERY COOL.. he was special forces and said you did training classes for the military so they could ride dirtbikes in and out of combat and such... any details on this type of training you provided?
GarySemics
6/9/2021 3:48pm
Awesome place! Side note: I was listening to the Jocko Willink Podcast and on episode 223 he had Pat Macimira on and he mentioned you and...
Awesome place!

Side note: I was listening to the Jocko Willink Podcast and on episode 223 he had Pat Macimira on and he mentioned you and your school by name and I thought it was VERY COOL.. he was special forces and said you did training classes for the military so they could ride dirtbikes in and out of combat and such... any details on this type of training you provided?
Hey that’s cool, I didn’t know I was mentioned. Honestly, the few MX classes I’ve done for these riders were the same as I teach anyone on big bikes. Techniques that enable them to have more control, to ride faster, smoother and with more control. The 55 Absolute Techniques of Motocross! The Motocross Practice Manual!
yz133rider
6/10/2021 7:03am
Gary, head over to tomahawk mx in West Virginia, and let me know what you think of it. My favorite that I’ve been to.

I’ve been to ncmp few years ago and it was very fun as well.
Bromley686
6/10/2021 7:08am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2021 8:09pm
Tomahawk MX as mentioned above was my home track before moving west. I loved that place and Chad is also a reason not season owner.
I went down to NCMP one thanksgiving to get some rideable weather. I was very impressed with their facility. Such a fun place to ride.

The Shop

bh84
Fantasy
1830th
6/10/2021 9:15pm
Been to NCMP before. Great spot!

My favourite is Motopark in Owen Sound, ON. It’s owned by Snowcross great Iain Hayden. Great dirt, incredible facility and the track just flows so nice from section to section. A couple decent sized sends but everything is built to be safe for all levels.

Post a reply to: Unsung heroes – best motocross tracks?

The Latest