Unpopular Opinion: I feel bad for Ferrandis

1/20/2020 1:46pm
I'm embarrassed/disgusted by "Americans" who have thrown vile threats/insults at Ferrandis. ...and it's not the first time I've seen hatred aimed at him Show some freaking class people. Yeah...I know,,,fat ****ing chance that will ever happen.

This is racing....maybe the pass was not thought thru clearly....but it was NOT an intentional take out. The pictures clearly show Craig dismounting even before the "hit". I like both riders....let them race.

Ferrandis is a fierce competitor and generally seems to be a class act.

Funny thing is...if it was Reed who did this, he'd be a freaking hero.
1/20/2020 1:50pm
Sideways wrote:
Dylans wife/girlfriend has made a post on instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7jaxMwHo5w/?igshid=15fkq175ombrw
Zaugg wrote:

View this post on Instagram

Well now it’s my turn to say something. I wanted/needed to take a break from social media after this weekend. I have read most of the comments. I figured I deserve all the bad comments as well because I’m 100% involve with Dylan and we are a team so I’m ok with that but just I can’t believe/understand how people can be so awful? So racists? So inhuman? I have read so many nasty comments it’s crazy. Is it the first time ever a rider do a mistake while racing? I don’t think so! Oh but wait, the other riders were maybe not French... Dylan is the kindest person I know. He works his fucking ass off every single day. He wakes up every morning to win, to be the best version of himself and the strongest person as possible. We crossed the globe together for racing, to win races, to win championships. Racing is priority in our lives. We are here, in America, alone. No family, no friends. Just the two of us. You know it’s not easy everyday. You have to learn a new language. Some days you doubt, you struggle with simple things in life because this country is not yours, you asking yourself lot of questions. He made a mistake, yep we all know that. Even him, he knows it. He learned from that. I was myself not very happy about this action but he knows he rushed himself too much. He had to be more patient to make the pass but mistakes happen sometimes. Sometimes we just need to be indulgent and take a step back. You know with racing there’re so much things going on. Excitation, heart rate at 190bpm, you don’t have that much time to react, the will to win is always in your mind and sometimes you take wrong decision that you regret aftermath. You, reading this right now, can you swear you never did any mistake in your entire life? Nothing? Not even 1? I am not writing this to try to make new friends or to get compassion, not at all. I just want to give my point of view. I will never let anyone talk bad about Dylan. Never. We, Dylan and I, both apologized straight away to Paige & Christian after what happened because that’s not the way we like to act. So now it’s Monday, new week, race’s over so let’s talk about something else. 📷 @LeBigUSA

A post shared by Nastasia Da Silva (@nastasiadasilva) on Jan 20, 2020 at 11:35am PST

Don't worry Nastasia....not all Americans are low class @ssholes. Many of us love having you and Dylan here in our country bringing some GREAT racing!

Premixed112
1/20/2020 2:03pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2020 2:18pm
Zaugg wrote:

Well now it’s my turn to say something. I wanted/needed to take a break from social media after this weekend. I have read most of the comments. I figured I deserve all the bad comments as well because I’m 100% involve with Dylan and we are a team so I’m ok with that but just I can’t believe/understand how people can be so awful? So racists? So inhuman? I have read so many nasty comments it’s crazy. Is it the first time ever a rider do a mistake while racing? I don’t think so! Oh but wait, the other riders were maybe not French... Dylan is the kindest person I know. He works his fucking ass off every single day. He wakes up every morning to win, to be the best version of himself and the strongest person as possible. We crossed the globe together for racing, to win races, to win championships. Racing is priority in our lives. We are here, in America, alone. No family, no friends. Just the two of us. You know it’s not easy everyday. You have to learn a new language. Some days you doubt, you struggle with simple things in life because this country is not yours, you asking yourself lot of questions. He made a mistake, yep we all know that. Even him, he knows it. He learned from that. I was myself not very happy about this action but he knows he rushed himself too much. He had to be more patient to make the pass but mistakes happen sometimes. Sometimes we just need to be indulgent and take a step back. You know with racing there’re so much things going on. Excitation, heart rate at 190bpm, you don’t have that much time to react, the will to win is always in your mind and sometimes you take wrong decision that you regret aftermath. You, reading this right now, can you swear you never did any mistake in your entire life? Nothing? Not even 1? I am not writing this to try to make new friends or to get compassion, not at all. I just want to give my point of view. I will never let anyone talk bad about Dylan. Never. We, Dylan and I, both apologized straight away to Paige & Christian after what happened because that’s not the way we like to act. So now it’s Monday, new week, race’s over so let’s talk about something else. 📷 @LeBigUSA

A post shared by Nastasia Da Silva (@nastasiadasilva) on Jan 20, 2020 at 11:35am PST

Thanks for sharing this. That's an additional point that I wanted to make in my original post. These people have it hard enough with coming to this country in a sport where let's be honest, people aren't the most accepting of foreigners on average. I've heard people make fun of the way Musquin and Ferrandis talk when they're making a podium speech at races or just while watching on TV.

It's gotta be a vulnerable position to be in, and now they're gonna be even further ostracised when they already probably don't feel too welcome. The whole thing is a mess.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
1/20/2020 2:17pm
bh84 wrote:
When he hit Craig it was kind of a “wtf are you doing” moment. He needed to settle down, finish the race and own it after...
When he hit Craig it was kind of a “wtf are you doing” moment. He needed to settle down, finish the race and own it after.

When he really lost me was at 1:24 on this video when he tagged Jett Lawrence’s wheel coming off that lip. That wasn’t accidental and it was MUCH more dangerous than taking out CC on a flat corner. That was a chickenshit move and that’s what made me believe the boo’s were warranted.

https://youtu.be/dbU_sln-GMA
Can you tell me the difference between this move in the last lap of the 250main and the move webb put on Tomac in the first lap of their heat in the exact same spot?

The Shop

TDeath21
1/20/2020 2:22pm
Press516 wrote:
Some day you might learn that repeating a lie over and over again doesn't make it true...
TDeath21 wrote:
So you think French SX riders, when performing identical moves on the track as US SX riders, are treated the same by SX fans?
Press516 wrote:
I know, right? All that hate for Osborne after the Savatgy incident that went on for days was just because he was French... Oh wait. Remove...
I know, right? All that hate for Osborne after the Savatgy incident that went on for days was just because he was French... Oh wait.

Remove your blinders. Replace DF with Forkner, he'd be getting blasted.
Go ahead and show me the post race podium interview so we can see how horribly Osborne got booed. I’ll wait.
Motox627!
1/20/2020 2:49pm
dimetime wrote:
Good to see all you intellectually dishonest pretzel makers out there doing your thing. It was a shitty move that took them both out. That's not...
Good to see all you intellectually dishonest pretzel makers out there doing your thing.

It was a shitty move that took them both out. That's not a block pass, that's not rubbin' is racing. It was a shit move by a guy who's said shitty disrespectful shit im the last year especially about AC and who has a habit of doing idiotic things on the track. Ferrandis has fucked himself up riding over his head the last few years an it was only a matter of time before he brought someone eles in on his idiocy. So stop with the Feerandis is clean bullshit.

You all want to fucking jock ride for this guy then fucking have at it but in my humble opinion if youre defending this shit then as far as l'm concerned none your your opinions mean shit going forward.

That was a shitty, dirty take out move and l give no fucks about what any of you nut gargglers thoughts are on the subject because you're not honest, good faith arbiters anything.
Just gonna go out on a limb here and assume you weren't hugged enough as a child? Blink
Press516
Fantasy
126th
1/20/2020 2:51pm
TDeath21 wrote:
So you think French SX riders, when performing identical moves on the track as US SX riders, are treated the same by SX fans?
Press516 wrote:
I know, right? All that hate for Osborne after the Savatgy incident that went on for days was just because he was French... Oh wait. Remove...
I know, right? All that hate for Osborne after the Savatgy incident that went on for days was just because he was French... Oh wait.

TDeath21 wrote:
Go ahead and show me the post race podium interview so we can see how horribly Osborne got booed. I’ll wait.
So the podium interview boo's are all that matters? First off, he finished 7th in the race, I don't remember any post race interviews... All that I can find on youtube are the pressers, no fans.

But if you google Osborne takes out Savatgy, there are 6 pages of results from every moto media on the planet and most aren't "friendly" to Zach.

But the reality is, I'm complaining about your comment about it being just because he's French and that American's are xenophobic, etc. That's absurd and repeating it, as you have, doesn't make it true.

I'm out.

kkawboy14
1/20/2020 2:52pm
I've always been probably a bit too empathetic for my own good, but I honestly kinda felt bad for Dylan when he was getting booed last...
I've always been probably a bit too empathetic for my own good, but I honestly kinda felt bad for Dylan when he was getting booed last night. I was in the stadium and my first reaction was to laugh like "holy shit, this place is going nuts on him right now". But then when he came on the screen again and the boos came back, I got a bad feeling.

I agree that it was a dumb move, but on a human level, I imagined how it must feel getting booed by 30-40,000 people in a stadium and the residual hate he (and probably his girlfriend too, unfortunately) are going to have to deal with going forward in person, in autograph lines, on social media etc.

At the end of the day, this is just dirtbike racing. But unfortunately sometimes people take things way too far, and I wouldn't be surprised if the guy is getting death threats.

He punted the local Cali kid, it will be forgotten when they leave Cali
TDeath21
1/20/2020 2:55pm
Press516 wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:
Press516 wrote:
So the podium interview boo's are all that matters? First off, he finished 7th in the race, I don't remember any post race interviews... All that...
So the podium interview boo's are all that matters? First off, he finished 7th in the race, I don't remember any post race interviews... All that I can find on youtube are the pressers, no fans.

But if you google Osborne takes out Savatgy, there are 6 pages of results from every moto media on the planet and most aren't "friendly" to Zach.

But the reality is, I'm complaining about your comment about it being just because he's French and that American's are xenophobic, etc. That's absurd and repeating it, as you have, doesn't make it true.

I'm out.

Okay well in case you didn’t know, they interview all the champions on the podium no matter where they finished. So the video is out there. Check it out.

Again I ask since you don’t think US SX fans are xenophobic toward French SX riders, do you think Tomac would have been heavily booed if the roles were reversed at Foxborough in 2018? Ferrandis and Craig this past race? Etc. etc.?
jemcee
1/20/2020 3:09pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Okay well in case you didn’t know, they interview all the champions on the podium no matter where they finished. So the video is out there...
Okay well in case you didn’t know, they interview all the champions on the podium no matter where they finished. So the video is out there. Check it out.

Again I ask since you don’t think US SX fans are xenophobic toward French SX riders, do you think Tomac would have been heavily booed if the roles were reversed at Foxborough in 2018? Ferrandis and Craig this past race? Etc. etc.?
Nah it's obvious Tomac woulda been still getting booed at Southwick and surely a dude wearing clothes made out of the American flag at Red Bud woulda rushed down to give him the finger right to his face while he was giving high fives to others..

Not all fans are xenophobic but the loud minority are and I'll thank them to fuck right off
Janus9
1/20/2020 3:34pm
The internet and social media bring out the mentally ill in droves.

It is what it is, you can’t take it serious and to heart.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/20/2020 4:43pm
dimetime wrote:
Good to see all you intellectually dishonest pretzel makers out there doing your thing. It was a shitty move that took them both out. That's not...
Good to see all you intellectually dishonest pretzel makers out there doing your thing.

It was a shitty move that took them both out. That's not a block pass, that's not rubbin' is racing. It was a shit move by a guy who's said shitty disrespectful shit im the last year especially about AC and who has a habit of doing idiotic things on the track. Ferrandis has fucked himself up riding over his head the last few years an it was only a matter of time before he brought someone eles in on his idiocy. So stop with the Feerandis is clean bullshit.

You all want to fucking jock ride for this guy then fucking have at it but in my humble opinion if youre defending this shit then as far as l'm concerned none your your opinions mean shit going forward.

That was a shitty, dirty take out move and l give no fucks about what any of you nut gargglers thoughts are on the subject because you're not honest, good faith arbiters anything.
Yo, dimetime...can we talk you down off the ceiling? Smile
hamncheeze
1/20/2020 4:51pm
Regardless of what happened on the track, the comments left on his Instagram and his wife's Instagram are vile. The new era of fan engagement has a very ugly and dark side.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
1/20/2020 5:00pm
Sideways wrote:
Dylans wife/girlfriend has made a post on instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7jaxMwHo5w/?igshid=15fkq175ombrw
Zaugg wrote:

this honestly just makes me a bigger fan of Dylan.

His move was a bonehead move and as I posted earlier, as bonehead as Bubba landing on RC at Unadilla 2005.

He seems like a standup guy with a great girlfriends and its evident by the Craigs not being a vicious as the bonehead fans
str8line
1/20/2020 5:17pm
Press516 wrote:
I hate to see the people out there wishing him harm or making threats, that's just completely uncalled for and insane. He's a sports personality and...
I hate to see the people out there wishing him harm or making threats, that's just completely uncalled for and insane.

He's a sports personality and is subject to fans and non fans... So, in my opinion, the boos were and will be going forward, part of the game. He earned them, and will be getting them probably for the rest of the year.

He's a spectacular talent and made a mistake brought on by desperation... He saw Jett way out front and lost any and all patience. I hope he learned from it. As is typical, the race usually isn't won in the first corner, and the Championship certainly isn't won at race 3...

Good post. He's not a terrible guy but that was a terrible move. Maybe if he could buy a start he wouldn't need to take people out in his rush to get up front.
str8line
1/20/2020 5:26pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2020 5:27pm
dimetime wrote:

Thank you for this post, dimetime. It was most definitely a shitty move. Like you said, it wasn't rubbin and it wasn't a block pass. The fact that he's French has nothing to do with it.
rongi#401
1/20/2020 5:29pm
The people ragging on him have never experienced being in that position, sometimes u just come in hot and hit some foos
aeffertz
1/20/2020 6:04pm

Tell us how you really feel...
Motoxdoc
1/20/2020 8:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2020 9:03pm
I've always been probably a bit too empathetic for my own good, but I honestly kinda felt bad for Dylan when he was getting booed last...
I've always been probably a bit too empathetic for my own good, but I honestly kinda felt bad for Dylan when he was getting booed last night. I was in the stadium and my first reaction was to laugh like "holy shit, this place is going nuts on him right now". But then when he came on the screen again and the boos came back, I got a bad feeling.

I agree that it was a dumb move, but on a human level, I imagined how it must feel getting booed by 30-40,000 people in a stadium and the residual hate he (and probably his girlfriend too, unfortunately) are going to have to deal with going forward in person, in autograph lines, on social media etc.

At the end of the day, this is just dirtbike racing. But unfortunately sometimes people take things way too far, and I wouldn't be surprised if the guy is getting death threats.

I totally feel bad for him. Yeah, I think it was a shitty move that came in the heat of competition...but one move doesn't make a person. I'm guessing if he had a do-over he would wait another turn or 2 to pass CC. It's not only a bummer because CC is essentially out of the points race and possibly injured...but now people are going to boo DF...and that sucks too!

edit: I just read what DF's wife wrote above. For those who think that was an acceptable move...even invoking Hannah's and Magoo's name in doing so...DF and his wife disagree with you. They know/admit he made a mistake...they apologized....sounds like DF and his wife "buried the hatchet" (that was never really there in the 1st place) with CC and his wife. Nothing more to see here. No more need for "different opinion" hate threads.
dkg
1/20/2020 9:31pm
Ferrandis and Craigs seem to have it worked out. Ought to be good enough for everyone.
motorscross
Fantasy
561st
1/20/2020 9:46pm
Press516 wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:
Press516 wrote:
So the podium interview boo's are all that matters? First off, he finished 7th in the race, I don't remember any post race interviews... All that...

I'm out.

You've got to be kidding thinking that french riders dont get shit on in america for just being french. Anything they do is scrutinized and they get way more hate. If you disagree youre fucking delusional. Dv , Musquin, pourcel, ferandis (the list goes on) have all taken more shit for being french. How many times have you heard people bashing french riders for getting on the podium because they're angry we have to hear their accents? Don't act like you know this isnt a thing.
Scott_Bate
1/21/2020 1:42am
Typical Flog, you are the one that is bad for our sport on your bike and off the closest cliff dickhead.
1/21/2020 2:43am
Fraser wrote:
For some people its any excuse to close the borders and hate on the foreigners. I've seen Americans on facebook calling on him to be deported...
For some people its any excuse to close the borders and hate on the foreigners. I've seen Americans on facebook calling on him to be deported. Shameful and pathetic behaviour.
Mouth breathers with an IQ equal to their belt size.
Fraser
1/21/2020 4:17am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2020 8:45am
Oh dear, you have issues (this was referring to a stupid quote which is no longer there)
WFO
1/21/2020 5:13am
There is no wrong or right when it comes to people booing. Its happened in all sporting events all over the world for decades, and it will continue. We live in a free country and you're allowed to boo if you want. What DF does from this point forward will and can make a difference. Social media is the bomb for most celebrity/sports figures and its usually a great thing, but not always.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
1/21/2020 5:27am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2020 5:28am
Craig has brushed it off and put it in the past. Why do people still feel the need to be offended on someone else's behalf? The only person who should be angry isn't. Lots of people are showing the emotional depth of an angry toddler by throwing such a fit.
psychotronBR
Fantasy
1281st
1/21/2020 6:00am
I also feel bad for Dylan. Yes, he pulled a brickheaded move that could've ended badly, and he did deserve to get some heat from the crowd and that's fine, booing happens in every sport.

But the pure unbridled HATE he's getting is just absurd. People going after his fucking wife on social media? What the fuck does she have to do with anything?

Some of these animals shouldn't be allowed to coexist with other human beings.
Question
1/21/2020 6:24am
9 years old should not be allowed to post without their mama's approval ...
rangot
1/21/2020 6:52am
Yep, that "ok boomer" gimmick is so lame and already outdated.

Post a reply to: Unpopular Opinion: I feel bad for Ferrandis

The Latest