Unlimited Sports purchases new ground near gatorback

Edited Date/Time 8/7/2017 3:51pm
Per release

|
motofab36
8/7/2017 1:18pm
If this is a bare piece of ground, it sounds like they have alot of work to do in a short amount of time.
j100
8/7/2017 1:33pm
awesome news.
500guy
8/7/2017 1:39pm
If they have a race by Oct 14-15 that's some major work to get accomplished.

Any idea what the property looks like compared to the old Gatorback?

The Shop

Cygrace74
8/7/2017 1:55pm
Mine as well call it something else cause it's going to be nothing like the old one, just another average track with no history.
resetjet
8/7/2017 3:08pm
158 acres is not bigger. Its a step backwards but what can you do. glad i got to race there before it went tango uniform.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
8/7/2017 3:09pm
Must be easy to get permits in Florida to build a track. That'd be a 3 year to forever timeline in California. lol
RandyS
8/7/2017 3:39pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
Mine as well call it something else cause it's going to be nothing like the old one, just another average track with no history.
That's what I told the Dirt Diggers about Hangtown when I was 11, they wouldn't listen.
8/7/2017 3:48pm
So, Wyn Kern owns Unlimited Sports, correct? and according to the PR above "Unlimited Sports, owner of Gatorback Cycle park..."

GuyB's initial post explaining why the GP had to be moved to WW stated: "Wyn Kern, the longtime promoter at Gatorback, had been leasing the track from a group of owners."

So how does that work - does Unlimited Sports actually "own" the track, but was leasing the land it was on? Or perhaps the only thing Unlimited Sports "owned" was the lease itself?

Thoughts on relocating the park and retaining the name? From a fans perspective, the I feel like the new track should have a new name. From a business standpoint, I can understand not wanting to forego the brand equity that the "Gatorback" name has accrued over the years
8/7/2017 3:50pm
Also - is the whole "land ownership" aspect of how this went down the same as how/why Southwick originally closed?? I know the local American Legion owns the land, but can't recall if they were leasing it out or what..
kkawboy14
8/7/2017 4:22pm
Nobody makes any money promoting motocross, he must really love moto........
Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
8/7/2017 4:53pm
So, Wyn Kern owns Unlimited Sports, correct? and according to the PR above [i][b]"Unlimited Sports, owner of Gatorback Cycle park..." [/b][/i] GuyB's initial post explaining why...
So, Wyn Kern owns Unlimited Sports, correct? and according to the PR above "Unlimited Sports, owner of Gatorback Cycle park..."

GuyB's initial post explaining why the GP had to be moved to WW stated: "Wyn Kern, the longtime promoter at Gatorback, had been leasing the track from a group of owners."

So how does that work - does Unlimited Sports actually "own" the track, but was leasing the land it was on? Or perhaps the only thing Unlimited Sports "owned" was the lease itself?

Thoughts on relocating the park and retaining the name? From a fans perspective, the I feel like the new track should have a new name. From a business standpoint, I can understand not wanting to forego the brand equity that the "Gatorback" name has accrued over the years
Wyn owns unlimited sports. Unlimited sports owns "gatorback cycle park". Gatorback cycle park was on a piece of land that unlimited sports leased out to unlimited sports. Therefore, Wyn owns the name "gatorback cycle park" as well as unlimited sports. But not the property the track sat on
8/7/2017 5:39pm
158 acres with a quarry for elevation changes or a flat piece of land that will be bulldozed into another artificial motocross/supercross track? That's what made Gatorback so different from all the other Florida tracks. And you had hardpack and sand to deal with.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there will be a new track, but another piece of moto history is gone.

8/7/2017 6:27pm
A lot of people not very stoked about a new track opening in the current era of tracks closing en masse... weird.
kkawboy14
8/7/2017 7:39pm
So, Wyn Kern owns Unlimited Sports, correct? and according to the PR above [i][b]"Unlimited Sports, owner of Gatorback Cycle park..." [/b][/i] GuyB's initial post explaining why...

Renner153 wrote:
Wyn owns unlimited sports. Unlimited sports owns "gatorback cycle park". Gatorback cycle park was on a piece of land that unlimited sports leased out to unlimited...
Wyn owns unlimited sports. Unlimited sports owns "gatorback cycle park". Gatorback cycle park was on a piece of land that unlimited sports leased out to unlimited sports. Therefore, Wyn owns the name "gatorback cycle park" as well as unlimited sports. But not the property the track sat on
For a Mulberry boy that was pretty spot on Smile

Post a reply to: Unlimited Sports purchases new ground near gatorback

The Latest