Undefeated MXGP seasons?

Trevor91
Edited Date/Time 10/1/2018 11:48am
After watching Herlings dominate this season it got me thinking, has there ever been an mxgp season where the premier class has had a rider win every single moto like RC and Stew did in the US. With Cairoli only getting older do u think it could be possible for Herlings to have an undefeated mxgp season? I personally think it could happen in the near future
|
smee113
9/30/2018 7:05pm Edited Date/Time 9/30/2018 7:09pm
No. The closest anyone has come would be Mickael Pichon, who won all but a single moto during the 2002 250cc World Championship. Should be noted, however, that they ran a single moto format that year. Pichon's only lose was the Grand Prix of Europe. Kenneth Gundersen won it, while Pichon could only manage an 8th.

Also worth noting, Stefan Everts won all but one overall during the 2006 MX1 World Championship. His one loss came at the Grand Prix of Northern Ireland were his 1-2 was beaten by Josh Coppins 2-1. In terms of motos, Everts won 27 of 30.
9/30/2018 9:32pm
smee113 wrote:
No. The closest anyone has come would be Mickael Pichon, who won all but a single moto during the 2002 250cc World Championship. Should be noted...
No. The closest anyone has come would be Mickael Pichon, who won all but a single moto during the 2002 250cc World Championship. Should be noted, however, that they ran a single moto format that year. Pichon's only lose was the Grand Prix of Europe. Kenneth Gundersen won it, while Pichon could only manage an 8th.

Also worth noting, Stefan Everts won all but one overall during the 2006 MX1 World Championship. His one loss came at the Grand Prix of Northern Ireland were his 1-2 was beaten by Josh Coppins 2-1. In terms of motos, Everts won 27 of 30.
That one at Northern Ireland ? Was that the one he was celebrating/ showboating over the last jump or so and fell off and Coppins went by?
9/30/2018 10:02pm
smee113 wrote:
No. The closest anyone has come would be Mickael Pichon, who won all but a single moto during the 2002 250cc World Championship. Should be noted...

That one at Northern Ireland ? Was that the one he was celebrating/ showboating over the last jump or so and fell off and Coppins went...
That one at Northern Ireland ? Was that the one he was celebrating/ showboating over the last jump or so and fell off and Coppins went by?
No - that was the year before, can’t remember where, locket maybe.

Bidirella
9/30/2018 10:09pm
smee113 wrote:

That one at Northern Ireland ? Was that the one he was celebrating/ showboating over the last jump or so and fell off and Coppins went...
Its also happend at South Africa where Everts waved to the crowd and lost his front end with the landing, Pichon went by and won the GP

The Shop

9/30/2018 10:20pm
smee113 wrote:

109 wrote:
No - that was the year before, can’t remember where, locket maybe.

I'm pretty sure that Coppins was the one who stopped Everts from getting his 100th gp one time and remember him spitting his dummy out as he pulled in across the finish, I wasn't sure if the fall was related to that
MagMx08
10/1/2018 12:48am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2018 12:48am
It was in Northern Ireland where Coppins stopped Everts from getting his 100th GP win. I was there that day, I don’t remember a fall though, Coppins beat him straight up that day. Coppins was on a mission in the 2nd race, I believe he lapped up to 5th.
DeStouwer
10/1/2018 1:41am
smee113 wrote:

Bidirella wrote:
Its also happend at South Africa where Everts waved to the crowd and lost his front end with the landing, Pichon went by and won the...
Its also happend at South Africa where Everts waved to the crowd and lost his front end with the landing, Pichon went by and won the GP
It was Coppins who won the GP, was in 2005. The one in Northern Ireland was 2006.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
10/1/2018 2:32am
Sébastien Tortelli second season GP125 was in Herlings mode.
brimx153
10/1/2018 9:14am
MagMx08 wrote:
It was in Northern Ireland where Coppins stopped Everts from getting his 100th GP win. I was there that day, I don’t remember a fall though...
It was in Northern Ireland where Coppins stopped Everts from getting his 100th GP win. I was there that day, I don’t remember a fall though, Coppins beat him straight up that day. Coppins was on a mission in the 2nd race, I believe he lapped up to 5th.
up to 4th.
Titan1
10/1/2018 9:24am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2018 9:24am
I think Herlings has as good a shot as anyone at doing it next year. Nobody is on his level in MXGP this year, and that won't change next year.

Herlings is making the talent in the MXGP class look as shallow as RC made the talent in the 450 nationals look. A ton of really fast guys, made to look mediocre because of a super talent.
MagMx08
10/1/2018 11:19am
MagMx08 wrote:
It was in Northern Ireland where Coppins stopped Everts from getting his 100th GP win. I was there that day, I don’t remember a fall though...
brimx153 wrote:
up to 4th.
So impressive. Not many pro’s out there that have done that.

Post a reply to: Undefeated MXGP seasons?

The Latest