8/4/2018 1:28 PM

Oops .... sorry, wrong forum wink silly

Meeeeaaaattttt!

Photo

|

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

8/4/2018 1:36 PM

This might make Newmann a little envious. Lol.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/4/2018 1:39 PM

The chances of some Texas dude like Newmann envying a Cali barbequer is about zero, lol. I’ll settle for respect

|

8/4/2018 1:50 PM

FreshTopEnd wrote:

The chances of some Texas dude like Newmann envying a Cali barbequer is about zero, lol. I’ll settle for respect

Lol

|

8/4/2018 2:02 PM

Congrats Michael! Is this your first smoker?
A few seasoning runs and your good to go. Looks legit.

|

8/4/2018 2:35 PM

Hell yeah, I see many dead critters cooked to smokey perfection on that beauty. Give us a report when you get it figured out.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/4/2018 3:01 PM

I think its a steady 220 or 225

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

8/4/2018 3:13 PM

Pictured snoop dogg in a crate

|

8/4/2018 3:59 PM

dsmith wrote:

Yep...but figuring out how much wood and which vents to have open and how much is as tricky as learning to scrub a jump. There's a definite art to it. I've screwed up a herd, sty, coop of of critters. But every once in a while I hit paydirt. I've got pork and chicken to a T. Beef is some tricky stuff. There is such a wide variance in beef cuts and quality. I have steaks down pretty good but I'm chasing the perfect brisket.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/4/2018 4:11 PM

NICE! I've got a Green Mountain Grill smoker. Use that thing all the time!!

|

8/4/2018 4:30 PM

What a cruel title I was waiting to see a freshie

|

8/4/2018 4:31 PM

I've got a charbroil grill that is on its last legs for one reason....the charcoal tray. I've modified/braced it over the years but it's gone now. Shame because this has been the BEST functional grill I've ever used. I would gladly pay 600 bucks for this design made of better materials. I even contacted them about it. "They have a design department and are not accepting suggestions from the public". Same answer I got from Polaroid just before they went belly up. I work with engineers all day long so I recognize the attitude. Shame.

|

8/4/2018 4:45 PM

You should have went with Klose, Lone Star Grills or Pitts By JJ. Way better quality and only like $200 more. Texas Original Pit are a rip off for what you get.
|

8/4/2018 4:53 PM

Photo
|

8/4/2018 5:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2018 5:50 PM

My neighbor just bought this brand from ace. Its a very nice pellet smoker

|

8/4/2018 5:50 PM

Sprew wrote:

Congrats Michael! Is this your first smoker?
A few seasoning runs and your good to go. Looks legit.

Second! Retiring the old Braunfels offset stick burner after 20 years. That was pretty basic retail, bolted firebox, 1/8. This is almost 500 pounds, 1/4 inch welded steel, probably 1/2 again larger. Cant wait, should able to hold temps more evenly.

Off the old unit

Photo

|

8/4/2018 5:52 PM

Texas Built wrote:
You should have went with Klose, Lone Star Grills or Pitts By JJ. Way better quality and only like $200 more. Texas Original Pit are a rip off for what you get.

It’ll be fine and I’ll choose to enjoy life without a care, but thanks for the concern. ✌️

|

8/4/2018 5:57 PM

Photo
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/4/2018 6:02 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote: Photo

Seriously! Right there with you Mav.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

8/4/2018 6:03 PM

dsmith wrote:

plowboy wrote:

Yep...but figuring out how much wood and which vents to have open and how much is as tricky as learning to scrub a jump. There's a definite art to it. I've screwed up a herd, sty, coop of of critters. But every once in a while I hit paydirt. I've got pork and chicken to a T. Beef is some tricky stuff. There is such a wide variance in beef cuts and quality. I have steaks down pretty good but I'm chasing the perfect brisket.

Plowbro...know what you mean about brisket. Honestly, you have to get up early and smoke that bastard for no less than 12 hours. Mop it often and spray it with apple juice.

FTE, nice smoker!

|

8/4/2018 8:21 PM

FreshTopEnd wrote:

I'll admit to being a little jealous! My Pitts and Spitts smoker is broken down and rusted out. Needs a major overhaul and I know I will never find the time.

|

8/4/2018 8:42 PM

I take the easy way out and use an electric smoker

|

8/5/2018 5:50 AM

Thats sweet! I need a smoker in my life. I grill 4 days a week all year. Some special weekend smoker projects seems like a great time. Enjoy, and Send me some food in NJ FTE! smile

|

United States of America

8/5/2018 6:43 AM

Kx125rider wrote:

I take the easy way out and use an electric smoker

Do you put milk in your beer too?

|

8/5/2018 6:43 AM

|

8/5/2018 11:29 AM

Smoking some wings on the Big Green Egg

Photo

Add in some DJ’s boudain

Photo

And wait

Photo

|

8/5/2018 11:55 AM

newmann wrote:

Smoking some wings on the Big Green Egg

Photo

Add in some DJ’s boudain

Photo

And wait

Photo

Oh Hell yeah. I can eat my weight in good boudain...and a fair amount of bad boudainwink . Grilled is my fav. I also skin 'm and make red beans and rice. One of my step daddies was a coon ass (he was my favorite out of the 8 or 9)...man that guy could put out the eats. Roughest toughest sob I ever met. Worked me like a dog but was right there with me every step. I get along with most any fella, liked a lotta guys, but truly respected very few. Jay Sonnier (say Swi-yay)...is first on that short list. RIP.

|

8/5/2018 12:12 PM

plowboy wrote:

Oh Hell yeah. I can eat my weight in good boudain...and a fair amount of bad boudainwink . Grilled is my fav. I also skin 'm and make red beans and rice. One of my step daddies was a coon ass (he was my favorite out of the 8 or 9)...man that guy could put out the eats. Roughest toughest sob I ever met. Worked me like a dog but was right there with me every step. I get along with most any fella, liked a lotta guys, but truly respected very few. Jay Sonnier (say Swi-yay)...is first on that short list. RIP.

Sorry for the hijack. When you boys turn 60...and you've been lucky enough to live life by climbing on and shouting, "Let 'er buck"...you'll have a bunch of tales too. At least I hope you do. If you ain't doin' something...learnin' something, gettin' better every day...you're wastin' the ride.

I wanna learn how FTE is gonna load that big bastard in his truck to take it to the lakew00t I'm guessing a low boy trailer.

|

8/5/2018 12:45 PM

Photo
Photo

Here in the UK, mate of mine is passionate about the smoking- he's built his own and just started up business!
|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

8/5/2018 1:03 PM

Smoked up and grilled

Photo

Toss some in some buffalo garlic sauce and enjoy.

Photo

|