Unadilla ticket advice please

Related:
Create New Tag

7/11/2017 3:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2017 5:43 AM

Vital brethren. Looking for a little advice. I'm taking my lady to her first MX National. She is pumped, I'm talking Ryan Dungey super pumped here. I haven't been to a National since Broome Tioga (where I believe Villopodo made his debut) and from what I remember we just bought an admission and enjoyed the day. Looking online I see there are options for Super Fan tickets, Holeshot Club tickets and VIP Inner Circle tickets (sounds cultish haha) Has anyone ever used these options before? Are they worth it?

|

7/11/2017 5:05 PM

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm also bringing my wife to her first outdoor national.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

7/11/2017 5:19 PM

I'd say better off walking around to different places for the motos. Not sure how much viewing is left with all the VIP and other areas though.

|

7/11/2017 6:27 PM

general admission

|

7/11/2017 7:03 PM

Another vote for general admission. Unadilla is pretty good for spectating and you can see a good bit of the track from the different hill sides. They SkyShot area fills i quickly and early. Also, take a walk over to Screw U (The Wall on TV) and just see how steep it is in person. If I'm with a group, we'll post up on one hillside for the first motos and go to another for the second. When I go solo, I just walk around and check out a bunch of different areas.

|

7/11/2017 7:11 PM

I like to walk around and watch from different spots, you cant get the full Unadilla experience sitting in the VIP areas.

|

7/12/2017 5:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2017 5:41 AM

Awesome. General admission it is. Thank you Vital bros. Looking forward to it!

|

7/12/2017 6:10 AM

Although you didnt ask, if you are coming in from the North, there is a farmer about 3/4 miles away from the entrance
that sells parking for $10. I think its worth it not to sit in the parking lot for several hours. No waiting, no congestion.

|

Avoiding JS7 threads since 3/7/17.

7/12/2017 6:50 AM

10000hrs wrote:

Although you didnt ask, if you are coming in from the North, there is a farmer about 3/4 miles away from the entrance
that sells parking for $10. I think its worth it not to sit in the parking lot for several hours. No waiting, no congestion.

That's a GREAT offer of advice! Is that on the road the track is on? (#8)

|

7/12/2017 7:12 AM

10000hrs wrote:

Although you didnt ask, if you are coming in from the North, there is a farmer about 3/4 miles away from the entrance
that sells parking for $10. I think its worth it not to sit in the parking lot for several hours. No waiting, no congestion.

Steadman wrote:

That's a GREAT offer of advice! Is that on the road the track is on? (#8)

Yes on 8. Here is a google maps aerial shot. MX track is at the bottom of the shot. The farmer is at the third "8" north of the track, between Rock Calhoun Rd and Rd 41.

Photo

|

Avoiding JS7 threads since 3/7/17.

7/12/2017 7:31 AM

10000hrs wrote:

Although you didnt ask, if you are coming in from the North, there is a farmer about 3/4 miles away from the entrance
that sells parking for $10. I think its worth it not to sit in the parking lot for several hours. No waiting, no congestion.

Steadman wrote:

That's a GREAT offer of advice! Is that on the road the track is on? (#8)

10000hrs wrote:

Yes on 8. Here is a google maps aerial shot. MX track is at the bottom of the shot. The farmer is at the third "8" north of the track, between Rock Calhoun Rd and Rd 41.

Photo

NICE! Really appreciate the tip. I can see the farm there. This is going to help out greatly. Hotel is booked and tickets were purchased this morning! I was there around 88 or 89 but I was pretty young and I don't remember much..other than the Yamaha Chesterfield team staying at our hotel my sweet bright pink AXO shirt I bought.

Thanks again for the help.

|

7/12/2017 8:17 AM

I agree with everyone saying that GA is the best because you can walk around and see all of the track. But they are failing to take into account that you have your lady with you and it is her first national. The VIP inner circle ticket shouldn't be overlooked.
1. You get to park in a designated area closer to the exit gates
2. Pit pass is included
3. You can see 90% of the track from one vantage point and also have access to walk around if you'd like
4. Food and drinks are included in the ticket price and is usually catered BBQ
5. Most important for the ladies is access to toilets that are servicing a smaller number of people and are significantly cleaner

If you stay in the VIP area you will for sure miss out on some of the Unadilla classics such as a bunch of drunk dudes yelling "show your tits" to your lady friend but you can always walk around as much as you want.

Overall both GA and VIP will be great experiences because it's Unadilla but just figured I'd give you another perspective

|

8/11/2017 2:13 PM

torn on whether to try parking at that farm if it's not 'full' by the time i get there. doesn't look like they'd have a lot of room?

in 2015, it took me just shy of 3 hours to get to the road from where i was parked in the parking lot. that's literal. even left a moto early because my band was playing a show in binghamton that night. barely made it (very late).

in 2016, i was parked on the track side, and it took all of 15-20 minutes to get out. side note, watched a few trucks turned battering rams smash their way out a blocked off entrance…then promptly get stuck in what seemed like somewhat of a swamp (tough to tell as it was a torrential downpour). then saw some trucks get stuck trying to tow the others out…

|

6/2/2019 1:45 PM

Hi guys, follow-up this topic, can you please confirm with VIP INNER CIRCLE tickets you can also walk around the track, and you are NOT locked into the VIP area the whole day??

Thanks a lot for your help.

I've been in Unadilla in 2012, I'm returning this year for the 50th anniversary of the race!!!

|

6/2/2019 2:13 PM

FedeMcCass wrote:

Hi guys, follow-up this topic, can you please confirm with VIP INNER CIRCLE tickets you can also walk around the track, and you are NOT locked into the VIP area the whole day??

Thanks a lot for your help.

I've been in Unadilla in 2012, I'm returning this year for the 50th anniversary of the race!!!

You won’t be locked in. You’ll still be able to go anywhere GA gets you.

|

6/2/2019 2:43 PM

Hopefully it doesn't storm for the 3rd yr in a row. Cya there

|

6/2/2019 5:16 PM

goose1229 wrote:

I agree with everyone saying that GA is the best because you can walk around and see all of the track. But they are failing to take into account that you have your lady with you and it is her first national. The VIP inner circle ticket shouldn't be overlooked.
1. You get to park in a designated area closer to the exit gates
2. Pit pass is included
3. You can see 90% of the track from one vantage point and also have access to walk around if you'd like
4. Food and drinks are included in the ticket price and is usually catered BBQ
5. Most important for the ladies is access to toilets that are servicing a smaller number of people and are significantly cleaner

If you stay in the VIP area you will for sure miss out on some of the Unadilla classics such as a bunch of drunk dudes yelling "show your tits" to your lady friend but you can always walk around as much as you want.

Overall both GA and VIP will be great experiences because it's Unadilla but just figured I'd give you another perspective

100% agree. I always buy the VIP packages just for the comfort and come and go as I want and its much easier if you have someone with you that is not a die hard moto fan so they can relax and sit.

|

Ed Johnson