Unadilla this morning

TY838
Edited Date/Time 8/7/2019 12:58pm
Rained pretty good yesterday but forecast is calling for a clear weekend with cooler temps. Track conditions should be great on Saturday.
|
pkiczuk
8/7/2019 3:45am
Super pumped, I'll be there this weekend. First time going there, and my wifes first time going to a pro race (she really got into racing this past SX season)! Gonna have the little one -4 month old- as well, so im really glad the temps are gonna be mild and we wont have to worry about him with the heat.
sam hain
8/7/2019 7:27am
I wish they would let the track grow up with grass like they used to, and the first knobby on it do the tilling.
KMC440
8/7/2019 8:07am
pkiczuk wrote:
Super pumped, I'll be there this weekend. First time going there, and my wifes first time going to a pro race (she really got into racing...
Super pumped, I'll be there this weekend. First time going there, and my wifes first time going to a pro race (she really got into racing this past SX season)! Gonna have the little one -4 month old- as well, so im really glad the temps are gonna be mild and we wont have to worry about him with the heat.
Any way you can give the two of you the day off from the little one? Everyone loves their child we all know that, just say'n a day off especially at a hilly track without packing in the essentials for the little one would be a nice break.
No matter what I hope she enjoys her first National.

The Shop

Fonzarelli
8/7/2019 8:33am
sam hain wrote:
I wish they would let the track grow up with grass like they used to, and the first knobby on it do the tilling.
First bulldoze down all the supercross style jumps they have added over the past 25 years.

No track can beat old school Unadilla just as mother nature built it.
motomike137
8/7/2019 8:40am
sam hain wrote:
Fonzarelli wrote:
First bulldoze down all the supercross style jumps they have added over the past 25 years. No track can beat old school Unadilla just as mother...
First bulldoze down all the supercross style jumps they have added over the past 25 years.

I second that and also leave the tiller in the barn. The ruts have gotten out of control making it a tough watch and I'm sure and even tougher "ride".
pkiczuk
8/7/2019 8:50am
pkiczuk wrote:
Super pumped, I'll be there this weekend. First time going there, and my wifes first time going to a pro race (she really got into racing...
KMC440 wrote:
Any way you can give the two of you the day off from the little one? Everyone loves their child we all know that, just say'n...
Any way you can give the two of you the day off from the little one? Everyone loves their child we all know that, just say'n a day off especially at a hilly track without packing in the essentials for the little one would be a nice break.
No matter what I hope she enjoys her first National.
Part of me definitely wishes we could, especially since the timing of everything from leaving the house to rest stops in between is going to be based on his schedule. Unfortunately we don't really have anyone to take him for that amount of time this weekend, plus he loves watching the races. we have little earmuffs for him that he wears when we take him to the local races and when the bikes go by he smiles so much. I know he obviously wont remember nor does he have any clue what is even happening, but it will be nice having him there and not worrying about if he is ok with a sitter
sam hain
8/7/2019 10:38am
I've seen a picture (maybe RacerX) that had I wanna think JS7 sitting on this #259 Kawi behind the gate at Unadilla for practice and it looks like a pasture of green grass. I've looked all morning and can't find it.
BobPA
8/7/2019 10:50am
sam hain wrote:
Fonzarelli wrote:
First bulldoze down all the supercross style jumps they have added over the past 25 years. No track can beat old school Unadilla just as mother...

This right here. The track has turned out to be kind of a bummer anymore. Too many silly jumps and nearly impossible to pass with the slot car racing. The last two years have been a mudfest, which is no ones fault. Hopefully they get rid of some of the silly jumps.....Oh, and run back up the hill where Bubba landed on RC.
Shaned9326
8/7/2019 11:29am
Another Eli beatdown coming😝😝😝😝
PRM31
8/7/2019 12:10pm
sam hain wrote:
Fonzarelli wrote:

I second that and also leave the tiller in the barn. The ruts have gotten out of control making it a tough watch and I'm sure...
I second that and also leave the tiller in the barn. The ruts have gotten out of control making it a tough watch and I'm sure and even tougher "ride".
Drive the tiller into a lake, haul it off, whatever. The old Unadilla was much better to watch than the rutfest, slot car racing of late.
PRM31
8/7/2019 12:27pm
The sport has done a lot of things right since the 70s. Tilling Unadilla and taking away the natural elements is not one of the improvements.

zehn
8/7/2019 12:28pm
You guys can go watch AHRMA racing if you want grass tracks on a field with no jumps. Sorry it’s 2019 not 1992 anymore
Huckster
8/7/2019 12:57pm
sam hain wrote:
Fonzarelli wrote:

BobPA wrote:
This right here. The track has turned out to be kind of a bummer anymore. Too many silly jumps and nearly impossible to pass with the...
This right here. The track has turned out to be kind of a bummer anymore. Too many silly jumps and nearly impossible to pass with the slot car racing. The last two years have been a mudfest, which is no ones fault. Hopefully they get rid of some of the silly jumps.....Oh, and run back up the hill where Bubba landed on RC.
They took out that hill because there were complaints that it was to fast. Back in the day when they ran the AM events on the main track, I was the first one out for practice. It was like riding on a golf course. Such a cool experience. Old school 80-90’s was so much fun
OldHalfway
8/7/2019 1:44pm
PRM31 wrote:
The sport has done a lot of things right since the 70s. Tilling Unadilla and taking away the natural elements is not one of the improvements...
The sport has done a lot of things right since the 70s. Tilling Unadilla and taking away the natural elements is not one of the improvements.

Good lord that Husky looked to be a handful. I rode a 78 once and it was the scariest thing I've ever ridden. Also Pomeroys Honnda looked so good thru the chop.
BobPA
8/7/2019 1:49pm
Fonzarelli wrote:

BobPA wrote:
This right here. The track has turned out to be kind of a bummer anymore. Too many silly jumps and nearly impossible to pass with the...
Huckster wrote:
They took out that hill because there were complaints that it was to fast. Back in the day when they ran the AM events on the...
They took out that hill because there were complaints that it was to fast. Back in the day when they ran the AM events on the main track, I was the first one out for practice. It was like riding on a golf course. Such a cool experience. Old school 80-90’s was so much fun
I raced a few GNCC’s at Dilla’. The full pro track was always included, and was an absolute blast to ride. First AM race I ran was 2003?ish. I’ve always had to ride U2, same for the LL qualifiers as well. Never got to race just the national track by itself. U2 is an awesome old school layout as well...and always tricky to go fast on.
loftyair
9/23/2019 7:02pm
Some of it was so wide, like a track should be!

Post a reply to: Unadilla this morning

The Latest