Unadilla question

Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 5:52pm
where does all this craziness go down if you arent allowed to camp out there saturday night ?
|
catatonic
7/11/2008 5:39am
In the am pits.
The only way you can stay is if you get there by friday morning.
Its wild but still nothing like when they had spectator camping.
iro
7/11/2008 5:43am
nothin like the bonfires and tear gas of 1978 (?)
Shocker
7/11/2008 8:40am
I was 15 in 1985 and at Unadilla for the first time with some older friends... We camped in the Valley and went over to the hill for the evening festivities. In the course of the evening I saw a Jap street bike get thrown in the huge fire, a guy have a 1/4 stick blow off half his right shoulder, the Sound-A-Round trailer put out music louder than any concert I have ever been to and tons of other crazy things. All this while I was consuming my own personal case of Genny Cream Ale (Why you ask, because it was what my Dad drank so it had to be good, NOT). I ended up spending the rest of the night sleeping at the bottom of the screw U and only woke up when the morning dew made me think I was freezing to death. Got to the track to watch the Dogger clean house... Still have my ticket signed by Lechein somewhere... Does anyone wonder why I am a moto addict?

Unadilla is still a good time, but way chill compared to what it used to be. Just think now you can even bring a chick without worry of her being raped and plundered.

The Shop

Huckster
7/11/2008 8:50am
Shocker wrote:
I was 15 in 1985 and at Unadilla for the first time with some older friends... We camped in the Valley and went over to the...
I was 15 in 1985 and at Unadilla for the first time with some older friends... We camped in the Valley and went over to the hill for the evening festivities. In the course of the evening I saw a Jap street bike get thrown in the huge fire, a guy have a 1/4 stick blow off half his right shoulder, the Sound-A-Round trailer put out music louder than any concert I have ever been to and tons of other crazy things. All this while I was consuming my own personal case of Genny Cream Ale (Why you ask, because it was what my Dad drank so it had to be good, NOT). I ended up spending the rest of the night sleeping at the bottom of the screw U and only woke up when the morning dew made me think I was freezing to death. Got to the track to watch the Dogger clean house... Still have my ticket signed by Lechein somewhere... Does anyone wonder why I am a moto addict?

Unadilla is still a good time, but way chill compared to what it used to be. Just think now you can even bring a chick without worry of her being raped and plundered.
Genny Cream Ale...man those were the days. That one paragraph just brought back so many memories of the 80's. that place was a zoo to say the least, but loads of fun.

If you go Sat and want to camp out, just tell them at the gate that you're going to watch the AM event at U2. They will let you in. I did it a few years ago and we ended up staying with a friend who was racing. Its not like they are going to come looking for you.
Phlapjax
7/11/2008 9:40am
Shocker wrote:
I was 15 in 1985 and at Unadilla for the first time with some older friends... We camped in the Valley and went over to the...

Kinda sounded like Red Bud before the rent-a-cops. And yes those were good times.
mxrose3
Fantasy
1046th
7/11/2008 10:14am
Shocker wrote:

You mean Ron Lechien won races?
Holy crap, I thought he drank, smoked weed, and partied too much to be able to win races?
7/11/2008 11:42am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:35pm
I havn't been there in 2 yrs but you always see the same people. I remember there were 2 french speeking canadians that snuck in every Sat. Night. We always hung out with the bucks county boys from PA. Always a good time. We had thoughs canadians thinking the way to pick a an american woman was to walk up to them and yell camel toe and give then the camel toe sign. theat was to start a good conversation. They were so drunk they just walked around everywhere yelling camel toe. We saw them every yr.

Good times

about 5 yrs ago I walked up on some guys shoving a couch(or lazybay can't remember too well) with 1/4 sticks we all ran and man was that loud.

You can always catch somone burning a tire off in the back of a truck.

Too many good times not enough time to type.
Shocker
7/11/2008 12:57pm
Awesome pic... You just had to be there to know what it was about! Amazing crowd... The field on the far right just below the mountain line is also jam packed with vehicles. Good times!
7/11/2008 1:57pm
Parking is allot better now. That was like a cluster F!

Post a reply to: Unadilla question

The Latest