Unadilla amateur race on Pro track

creature654
Fantasy
79th
Heres 3 videos from a wild weekend at Unadilla, never rode the pro track before and now I definitely have a new appreciation for just how gnarly that place is

|
Sully
7/20/2020 7:08pm
Those were fun to watch. Bummer they cut Screw U out, though. I was looking forward to seeing just how steep that thing is from your GoPro.
creature654
Fantasy
79th
7/21/2020 3:07am
Sully wrote:
Those were fun to watch. Bummer they cut Screw U out, though. I was looking forward to seeing just how steep that thing is from your...
Those were fun to watch. Bummer they cut Screw U out, though. I was looking forward to seeing just how steep that thing is from your GoPro.
Yeh I know I was a little sad when I got there and saw they had that and the big table top that jumps back into the woods after gravity cavity cut out, but I get it they had to think about the 65 85 and C riders as well. A lot of people ended up leaving on a stretcher, there is definitely a reason why they only hold pro races on this track for the most part.

Rumors were floating around about having another race like this in the fall to compensate for the loss of the National so hopefully they run at least one of those sections next time
philG
7/21/2020 4:27am
I rode that track at Rewind last year, it seems a lot narrower when you race it than it looks on TV. Looks like they left it alone too.. cos of weather so ot wasnt a rut fest.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
7/21/2020 4:59am
Sully wrote:
Those were fun to watch. Bummer they cut Screw U out, though. I was looking forward to seeing just how steep that thing is from your...
If it is like everything else on a go pro, Screw-U will look a whoop Laughing

The Shop

DA498
7/21/2020 5:58am
Cool to see more than 3 “A” riders in each class. Locally it’s very sad.
7/21/2020 6:34am
Sully wrote:
Yeh I know I was a little sad when I got there and saw they had that and the big table top that jumps back into...
Yeh I know I was a little sad when I got there and saw they had that and the big table top that jumps back into the woods after gravity cavity cut out, but I get it they had to think about the 65 85 and C riders as well. A lot of people ended up leaving on a stretcher, there is definitely a reason why they only hold pro races on this track for the most part.

Rumors were floating around about having another race like this in the fall to compensate for the loss of the National so hopefully they run at least one of those sections next time
If that rumors true I need to hit that. that looked like some great racing.
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
7/21/2020 7:08am
They cut the woods section for Amateur ATVs there too, only the pros get to do it. Screw-U doesnt get used by them either. Raced there twice and both times had extremely close shaves with disaster. My one buddies had a brutal one there a few years back, ripped the whole jaw section off his Bell Moto 9.

Here's the crash. The guy in front of him was completely out of control from the gate drop.

zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
7/21/2020 7:16am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2020 7:16am
bh84 wrote:
They cut the woods section for Amateur ATVs there too, only the pros get to do it. Screw-U doesnt get used by them either. Raced there...
They cut the woods section for Amateur ATVs there too, only the pros get to do it. Screw-U doesnt get used by them either. Raced there twice and both times had extremely close shaves with disaster. My one buddies had a brutal one there a few years back, ripped the whole jaw section off his Bell Moto 9.

Here's the crash. The guy in front of him was completely out of control from the gate drop.

that. was. brutal.
Jbulz
Fantasy
4069th
7/21/2020 12:04pm
bh84 wrote:
They cut the woods section for Amateur ATVs there too, only the pros get to do it. Screw-U doesnt get used by them either. Raced there...

Holy shit that was ugly.

The pro track was sick to ride, but man they did not do a good job with track prep. They let it get way too hard and then watered on top which just made it a total ice skating rink. I think they try to avoid ruts to make the lap times faster and get thru the 3 moto format in time, but damn it sucks riding in those conditions.

I had a bad one in 1st moto of +25B over the weekend and luckily got out with just bumps and bruises. First lap dropping into the tunnel section before gravity cavity I was running 5th and some dude totally out of control lost his rear and shot across from the outside to the inside. T boned me in the air as we dropped in and I ate shit, and he rode it out somehow. DNF-4-4 for 18th overall was disappointing lol.

Sitting in the middle of the track on my hands and knees as 35 bikes blow by is not an experience I want to have again!
sandman768
7/21/2020 3:01pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2020 3:04pm
Jbulz wrote:
Holy shit that was ugly. The pro track was sick to ride, but man they did not do a good job with track prep. They let...
Holy shit that was ugly.

The pro track was sick to ride, but man they did not do a good job with track prep. They let it get way too hard and then watered on top which just made it a total ice skating rink. I think they try to avoid ruts to make the lap times faster and get thru the 3 moto format in time, but damn it sucks riding in those conditions.

I had a bad one in 1st moto of +25B over the weekend and luckily got out with just bumps and bruises. First lap dropping into the tunnel section before gravity cavity I was running 5th and some dude totally out of control lost his rear and shot across from the outside to the inside. T boned me in the air as we dropped in and I ate shit, and he rode it out somehow. DNF-4-4 for 18th overall was disappointing lol.

Sitting in the middle of the track on my hands and knees as 35 bikes blow by is not an experience I want to have again!
I had the same thing happen to me in the same spot! I hid behind my bike to avoid getting killed... I”m bruised up but ok, my bike got hammered! I was still able to get going & finish the moto...

Post a reply to: Unadilla amateur race on Pro track

The Latest