Unadilla Pitbike Race Photos

Related:
Create New Tag

8/22/2017 4:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2017 4:38 AM

Rocket Rob Buydos along with Jill and Greg Robinson put together a great pitbike race the night before the Unadilla National. Here are a few photos,there are a bunch more in my photo gallery. www.pbase.com/thomasef

A large number of riders showed up for the race
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Rob and Greg took the racers on a couple parade laps,the first lap was slow.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

But on the second lap Greg did a hot lap,Rob wasn't ready for that. lol smile
[LINK TO IMAGE]

The track was in perfect shape,a lot of the riders were getting big air out of Gravity Cavity
[LINK TO IMAGE]

It was getting a little dark but they got in all the motos
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

My photo gallery: www.pbase.com/thomasef

8/22/2017 8:10 AM

Awesome to see a big turnout! Looks like it was a good time. Wish it was closer, or we had a national here that did that!

|

8/22/2017 8:46 AM

Pretty cool but holy cow it must hurt there ankles.

|

8/22/2017 9:05 AM

Damn I didn't know that this was still a thing

|

KX125

8/22/2017 10:56 AM

Really glad to see this happening again. Near and dear to my heart. Way to go Rob.

|

8/22/2017 1:12 PM

Pit bikes ftw!!! Awesome to see that going on, maybe they'll do something like it at Hangtown.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

8/22/2017 5:34 PM

TomZ wrote:

Really glad to see this happening again. Near and dear to my heart. Way to go Rob.

Hey Tom,If you have Rob's email or phone number could you contact him and tell him about these photos? When I was walking around the pits Friday he asked me to come over to the race to take some photos,But I didn't have a way to contact him to tell him that I put them online. Rob is still loving pitbike racing,I'm not sure if he rides one anymore though.
Back when the Pitbike National series was going on it was a great time for me,I loved shooting the pitbikes as much as regular national races.

I think 2004 at Unadilla was the first pitbike race I shot.The class had a few heavy hitters back then,Guy Cooper was the fastest for sure.Here are a few photos from that day.

Sorry for the small photos,I resized some of my older stuff in my gallery to save space.
RC even came to check it out.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Bubba was the 30 second guy.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Rob and Tom Carson going for the holeshot
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Guy Cooper
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Class photo
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

8/22/2017 6:26 PM

Here is a large version of the group photo.
If the photo doesn't open up at 1500x1100 right clink the link under the photo and choose open in a new tab.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
http://m1.i.pbase.com/o10/97/326897/1/166073411.Wl674sXq.100EOS1D3D9F6561web.jpg

|

8/23/2017 2:23 AM

need more of these fun non over regulated events

|

8/27/2017 4:47 PM

This was my first time at the 'Dillia. Also first time I seen a pit bike race. I must partake in the festivities next year.

Now I just have to figure out what size wheels and build or buy RTR.

|

A big thanks goes out to Donnie at Morgantown Powersports and RJ at Beaver Creek Cycles

8/27/2017 4:54 PM

rongi#401 wrote:

need more of these fun non over regulated events

Winner winner chicken dinner!

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord