Unadilla Cheating

wnorton729
Fantasy
1448th
8/13/2018 3:41pm
To add... look at Tomac first moto. Guy was plowing right through it all, while Musquin and others started cutting the track. To me it looked like Eli was like screw it, if everyone else is doing it then I will next moto.
TXDirt
8/13/2018 3:47pm
That was the one benefit of the repeater pennants lining the track, there was a built in penalty when they would get stuck in your wheels...
That was the one benefit of the repeater pennants lining the track, there was a built in penalty when they would get stuck in your wheels. The Acerbis yellow markers have no deterrent besides the officials judgement call. And when there’s multiple sections and a majority of the pack cutting the section there are not enough officials to catch every instance.

It’s like speeding on the freeway, everyone is doing it, it’s still against the rules, but can the cops pull everyone over? Not a chance. So people speed.

How do you police a situation like Unadilla? Do the official just start writing numbers down for every infraction witnessed and end up docking everyone a lap for each infraction? So some of the guys end up completing negative laps because they were off track multiple times per lap?

Or do the officials need to delineate the track better to eliminate the opportunity to cut? They tried in some areas retroactively (the right before the rollers). But other areas like the left before the Skyshot, everyone went outside the outside track markers and at the elevator, they allowed the right side to become the track.
I've pretty much given up on track markers and track cutting. Go replay JMartin cutting track at Millville I think it was a year or two ago. So egregious and not a penalty.

Marvin clearly goes outside the markers to make pass for the lead. No penalty. It wasn't as egregious as the Martin track cut because of the weather conditions. But still. You could easily see the markers there. He went outside them and passed for the lead.

Who knows....
Hcallz5
8/13/2018 4:23pm
First lap for the lead was a bit blatant but if we say that then everyone will assume we're just going after Marvin.

We'll just call that the Unadilla Joker Lane.
TDeath21
8/13/2018 5:40pm
I can’t believe the majority here are okay with the track cuts. The Musquin pass for the lead set the tone. I didn’t agree with it, but it wasn’t that egregious. When the riders started taking that inside line that cut inside the styrofoam marker in that left hander though, that was absolutely ridiculous and there’s no way that should have been allowed in any series, let alone a professional one. It was funny seeing them go to cut inside again the next moto and seeing all the yellow markers put up in the way.

The Shop

NateDawg
8/13/2018 5:47pm
TDeath21 wrote:
I can’t believe the majority here are okay with the track cuts. The Musquin pass for the lead set the tone. I didn’t agree with it...
I can’t believe the majority here are okay with the track cuts. The Musquin pass for the lead set the tone. I didn’t agree with it, but it wasn’t that egregious. When the riders started taking that inside line that cut inside the styrofoam marker in that left hander though, that was absolutely ridiculous and there’s no way that should have been allowed in any series, let alone a professional one. It was funny seeing them go to cut inside again the next moto and seeing all the yellow markers put up in the way.
It's almost like a lot of these guys here are fanboys instead of serious racers....
ga_pike
8/13/2018 6:16pm
Go back and watch the 1987 MXDN at Unadilla. Same thing happened in several sections... including the uphill. Guys moved out farther and farther to look for "dry" traction.
TDeath21
8/13/2018 6:48pm
That was the one benefit of the repeater pennants lining the track, there was a built in penalty when they would get stuck in your wheels...
That was the one benefit of the repeater pennants lining the track, there was a built in penalty when they would get stuck in your wheels. The Acerbis yellow markers have no deterrent besides the officials judgement call. And when there’s multiple sections and a majority of the pack cutting the section there are not enough officials to catch every instance.

It’s like speeding on the freeway, everyone is doing it, it’s still against the rules, but can the cops pull everyone over? Not a chance. So people speed.

How do you police a situation like Unadilla? Do the official just start writing numbers down for every infraction witnessed and end up docking everyone a lap for each infraction? So some of the guys end up completing negative laps because they were off track multiple times per lap?

Or do the officials need to delineate the track better to eliminate the opportunity to cut? They tried in some areas retroactively (the right before the rollers). But other areas like the left before the Skyshot, everyone went outside the outside track markers and at the elevator, they allowed the right side to become the track.
TXDirt wrote:
I've pretty much given up on track markers and track cutting. Go replay JMartin cutting track at Millville I think it was a year or two...
I've pretty much given up on track markers and track cutting. Go replay JMartin cutting track at Millville I think it was a year or two ago. So egregious and not a penalty.

Marvin clearly goes outside the markers to make pass for the lead. No penalty. It wasn't as egregious as the Martin track cut because of the weather conditions. But still. You could easily see the markers there. He went outside them and passed for the lead.

Who knows....
That Martin track cut was honestly the most laughable event in recent MX history. Funny because it’s so sad. The equivalent of a football player falling down, but to avoid being tackled after making a mistake himself, running out of bounds and then returning to gain 30 more yards. Or a basketball player making a mistake and getting himself trapped in the corner and deciding to dribble out of bounds for an easy layup. Imagine the NFL or NBA allowing those two things. That’s what the Martin track cut was essentially like and the powers that be did absolutely nothing about it. They never do. And it’s an absolute joke. They should be ashamed. Thing is, it’s such an easy fix. Enforce the rules harshly for blatant cheating (because let’s be honest, that’s what it is) and it’ll stop immediately.
TXDirt
8/13/2018 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2018 7:17pm

TXDirt wrote:
I've pretty much given up on track markers and track cutting. Go replay JMartin cutting track at Millville I think it was a year or two...

Who knows....
TDeath21 wrote:
That Martin track cut was honestly the most laughable event in recent MX history. Funny because it’s so sad. The equivalent of a football player falling...
That Martin track cut was honestly the most laughable event in recent MX history. Funny because it’s so sad. The equivalent of a football player falling down, but to avoid being tackled after making a mistake himself, running out of bounds and then returning to gain 30 more yards. Or a basketball player making a mistake and getting himself trapped in the corner and deciding to dribble out of bounds for an easy layup. Imagine the NFL or NBA allowing those two things. That’s what the Martin track cut was essentially like and the powers that be did absolutely nothing about it. They never do. And it’s an absolute joke. They should be ashamed. Thing is, it’s such an easy fix. Enforce the rules harshly for blatant cheating (because let’s be honest, that’s what it is) and it’ll stop immediately.
You are up a notch in my book, brother. We agree.

That was the most egregious track cut I have ever seen. Heck, look what they penalized Savagty for in SX. That was the equivalent of Joey jaywalking and getting sentenced to 25 years. And Martin being John Wayne Gacey and promoted to big brother duties at the local YMCA.

That Martin track cut was just so so bad.....
Crush
8/13/2018 8:01pm
ipbrew wrote:
Thanks for having the balls to post this Crush.
Crush wrote:
Don't know if serious or not... but I get that "everyone was doing it"... but seriously, what the fuck happens if it's championship weekend and say...
Don't know if serious or not... but I get that "everyone was doing it"... but seriously, what the fuck happens if it's championship weekend and say Eli crashes, Marv wins, but Eli says I didn't cut anywhere, wtf.

What do they do?
lostboy819 wrote:
"IF" your aunt had balls she would be your uncle.
This is also true...

We might find out that it does though, because we've had an epic mudder at Ironman and Budds before... Just saying!

Post a reply to: Unadilla Cheating

The Latest