Ultrasonic parts cleaner Help!

Cory128
I am about to purchase an Ultrasonic parts cleaner off of Amazon. I do not know anything about what size I need or what cleaner I need? I am mostly doing my bolts and maybe linkage and things like clamps or clutch cover. Any help on this would be appreciated. I know you all are collectively some of the smartest groups out there. Thanks again. Cory
|
BAMX
7/24/2019 8:45pm
The size is up to you and your budget. Having a heated unit helps a lot.
Cory128
7/25/2019 4:42am
I have not looked into the Harbor Freight model. Do you have it and if so how does it work? Is the unit heated?

The Shop

Cory128
7/25/2019 6:35am
I have this one and its damn near perfect for everything I need. I can fit carbs, cylinders, bicycle cassettes. I use it for everything. I...
I have this one and its damn near perfect for everything I need. I can fit carbs, cylinders, bicycle cassettes. I use it for everything. I did have to get some screen and put it in the basket to keep bolts and washers from falling through.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10l-10-l-Heated-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-250w-Cleani…
Awesome. Thank you. What cleaning fluid have you found that works best for you?
7/25/2019 6:57am
Cory128 wrote:
Awesome. Thank you. What cleaning fluid have you found that works best for you?
I am still experimenting with that. I am just mixing simple green with water right now with pretty good results. I've been told to try dawn dish soap and water, I think I will try that next time.
EastFlorida
7/25/2019 7:05am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2019 7:05am
Do these remove grease, corrosion and rust? Never considered one before...
endurox
7/25/2019 7:18am
Any cleaner works from kitchen dish soap to pinesol. Just keep the water clean.
7/25/2019 9:48am
And do not put your hand in the ultrasonic cleaner to remove or put more parts in while its running!!!!!!!!!!! You will end up with tissue damage and further skin/bone damage. add and remove parts with gloves and tongs when the unit is completely off. These are nothing to play around with, if you use harsh cleaning chemicals for degreasing your parts, use this in a well ventilated area. Don't believe read up on them, they are great little cleaners, but also can do damage if your not cautious. My advice.
slowgti
7/25/2019 10:02am
We use greased lightning as the cleaner. Mixed about 10:1 it works well in the harbor freight ultrasonic. Keeping the cleaning tub as clean as possible seems to speed it up too.

The harbor freight model works better than expected for the price. And it's heated too. If the parts are really nasty, I'll soak them overnight in a greased lightning solution in a disposable container. Fishing line works nicely to string through the parts to make removal easier too.
PTshox
7/25/2019 12:16pm
I have this one and its damn near perfect for everything I need. I can fit carbs, cylinders, bicycle cassettes. I use it for everything. I...
I have this one and its damn near perfect for everything I need. I can fit carbs, cylinders, bicycle cassettes. I use it for everything. I did have to get some screen and put it in the basket to keep bolts and washers from falling through.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10l-10-l-Heated-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-250w-Cleani…
I have one of these. Works well... Make sure you turn the heat on... let it soak in the heated solution for 1-2 hrs.. then turn on the ultrasonic timer... I usually run that time a few times too... But heat up the part for sometime first. It take a bit of time to get the solution hot. It's not a 5 min deal.

Post a reply to: Ultrasonic parts cleaner Help!

The Latest