Uh, yeah... Eli, Jessie... about that "Million"...

Tbteam
10/15/2018 8:52am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2018 10:48am
Somewhere in the event insurance contract (trust me, Monster didn't put up their own money), there undoubtedly exists a clause that references "coercion" or "undue influence" or "collusion" or "conspire to alter the outcome" that could throw this entire thing in the trash. I'd hate it for the fan, but you never know.
|
Donovan759
10/15/2018 8:56am
I've been thinking the same thing. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. That's for sure.
500guy
10/15/2018 8:57am
Tbteam wrote:
Somewhere in the event insurance contract (trust me, Monster didn't put up their own money), there undoubtedly exists a clause that references "coercion" or "undue influence"...
Somewhere in the event insurance contract (trust me, Monster didn't put up their own money), there undoubtedly exists a clause that references "coercion" or "undue influence" or "collusion" or "conspire to alter the outcome" that could throw this entire thing in the trash. I'd hate it for the fan, but you never know.
According to a post I saw, The SX manager said that Feld put the money up and there was no insurance policy.

Also Eli was going to Win 1,1,2 or Eli was going to Win , 1,1,1 how can you fix the outcome of a race that the guy finished 1st either way ?
mister2dt
10/15/2018 8:57am
Monster will put up the million to avoid the PR disaster that would follow a fan getting jacked out of his prize. Subject is a non issue. Dudes getting paid regardless of whom it comes from
TJ 755
10/15/2018 9:05am

Gimme about Fo fifty K son

The Shop

Tbteam
10/15/2018 9:08am
Tbteam wrote:
Somewhere in the event insurance contract (trust me, Monster didn't put up their own money), there undoubtedly exists a clause that references "coercion" or "undue influence"...
500guy wrote:
According to a post I saw, The SX manager said that Feld put the money up and there was no insurance policy. Also Eli was going...
According to a post I saw, The SX manager said that Feld put the money up and there was no insurance policy.

Also Eli was going to Win 1,1,2 or Eli was going to Win , 1,1,1 how can you fix the outcome of a race that the guy finished 1st either way ?
Because the 1-1-2 doesn’t trigger the million.
Moto96
10/15/2018 9:09am
Tbteam wrote:
To be fair, lets say the Monster Million for Eli was put up by the CEO Personally who is worth almost 2 Billion, not counting the Corporation.

Not sure spending (risking) 400K to Insure 1MM would be worth it when it would be like having to pay out a dollar.

Now if the payout was 10 or 100 million, now the gamble might be worth it.

Bultaco
10/15/2018 9:15am
For the sake of argument, one could say the fan is owed the million, if Eli went 1-1-1, regardless. The fan did nothing to alter the outcome of the race.
Tbteam
10/15/2018 9:19am
Oh, and Jay, no need to get testy.
500guy
10/15/2018 9:21am
Tbteam wrote:
Oh, and Jay, no need to get testy.
That was the post I saw or part of it, Not my words. Sorry for the confusion, I'm not testy about it one bit.

I see both sides of it, I just don't think there will be any change to the outcome over it.
JustMX
10/15/2018 9:24am
If they.decide that they should go back to an insurance policy that will probably be a no-go when the underwriter sees the clip of jv waving at ET like your grandma on the front porch
MPJC
Fantasy
702nd
10/15/2018 9:24am
Eli and the fan have to get paid or nobody will ever watch the MEC again. It is not in their interest to create bad publicity that would ruin an otherwise positive story that can be used to market future events. It's not like they can't afford the payout, presuming that they're smart enough to not gamble with money that they can't afford to lose. This is a non-story everywhere but Vital, I'm guessing.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
10/15/2018 9:31am
Tbteam wrote:
If they would do that and it becomes public, they will lose far more than 2 millions in the long run, and they know it
gt80rider
10/15/2018 9:34am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2018 9:34am
https://autoweek.com/article/other-motorsports/questions-linger-eli-tom…

And that is how the "mainstream" media is portraying Saturday night...

the guys taking the bets in Vegas do not look highly on the throwing of an event... If I was Tomac I would not spend a cent of that money quite yet...
MPJC
Fantasy
702nd
10/15/2018 9:34am
Tbteam wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
If they would do that and it becomes public, they will lose far more than 2 millions in the long run, and they know it
Exactly this ^^. There is no way this whole thing is getting thrown in the trash.
10/15/2018 9:48am
Bultaco wrote:
For the sake of argument, one could say the fan is owed the million, if Eli went 1-1-1, regardless. The fan did nothing to alter the...
For the sake of argument, one could say the fan is owed the million, if Eli went 1-1-1, regardless. The fan did nothing to alter the outcome of the race.
If they tried to withhold Eli's money he could easily make the argument that he did nothing to alter the outcome either. It's not like he can control what Savatgy does.
Moto96
10/15/2018 9:49am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2018 9:55am
gt80rider wrote:
https://autoweek.com/article/other-motorsports/questions-linger-eli-tomac-wins-2018-monster-energy-cup-las-vegas And that is how the "mainstream" media is portraying Saturday night... the guys taking the bets in Vegas do not look highly on the throwing...

the guys taking the bets in Vegas do not look highly on the throwing of an event... If I was Tomac I would not spend a cent of that money quite yet...
If its on Autoweek, there will be insurance adjusters looking this over 10 times more than they would have.

From the article : https://autoweek.com/article/other-motorsports/questions-linger-eli-tom…

After the race someone asked Tomac how much of the million dollars he was going to give to Savatgy.
“No comment,” Tomac said without irony or facial expression.

But like I posted above, I cant see Monster insuring a million or even 2 million total.. Its like a normal person insuring 10 cents in comparison.

Its not like an underfunded race team insuring a championship bonus.
jeffro503
10/15/2018 10:07am
Bultaco wrote:
For the sake of argument, one could say the fan is owed the million, if Eli went 1-1-1, regardless. The fan did nothing to alter the...
If they tried to withhold Eli's money he could easily make the argument that he did nothing to alter the outcome either. It's not like he...
If they tried to withhold Eli's money he could easily make the argument that he did nothing to alter the outcome either. It's not like he can control what Savatgy does.
That right there , is a good point!
Sweetd31
10/15/2018 10:08am
TJ 755 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/15/295894/s1200_unclesam_with_hand_out_640x781.jpg[/img] Gimme about Fo fifty K son

Gimme about Fo fifty K son
I ain't giving you no 4 fitty you got damn Loch Ness monster
MB19
Fantasy
1834th
10/15/2018 10:13am
If monster are whoever denied payment wouldn't it ultimately go to court? In this hypothetical situation, a jury would decide the fate of the 2 millilion. There's a very good chance that no one on the jury knows anything about moto. How can anyone prove without a doubt that savatgy pulled over for Tomac. Obviously he did, but prove it. Maybe his hand was cramping, that's why he took it off his bars. Maybe he panicked when he knew he was gonna win and it caused him to slow down. It's all bullshit but to a jury full of "normal" people, it creates doubt.
Anyways, it's over and done and I doubt Eli and drunk kid are gonna have any problem getting their money. Part of me thinks half that kid's money is already spent haha
10/15/2018 10:14am Edited Date/Time 10/15/2018 10:17am
You're sitting there telling me that Feld is going to obtain evidence that Joey Savatgy conspired with Eli beforehand without speculating "bECaUsE ThEYrE tEAmmATeS"?
CozMan
10/15/2018 10:19am
meh. Even if the ins company argued against the payout, Monster would pay these two guys so fast to make the topic go away. Hell, you know that the Jesse guy would sue the shit out of Monster and put it all over the news, Eli/Savatgy (Monster employees) would look like chumps, and it would be a mess.

Monster will go dig in their couch cushions and pay this off as fast as possible so that people will start talking about A1.
ATHEIST
Fantasy
966th
10/15/2018 10:23am
the fan did nothing give him his $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
newmann
10/15/2018 10:35am
gt80rider wrote:
https://autoweek.com/article/other-motorsports/questions-linger-eli-tomac-wins-2018-monster-energy-cup-las-vegas And that is how the "mainstream" media is portraying Saturday night... the guys taking the bets in Vegas do not look highly on the throwing...

Maybe all the 12 year olds here on Vital can head over to Auto Week and give them a "Thumbs Down".
Tbteam
10/15/2018 10:40am
To be clear, I’m relatively certain that an entity would step in and pay, regardless of an insurance deal.

My point was, have you ever seen the crap that goes down when some fan at a basketball game hits a full court shot for $100k? “Oh wait, he played basketball in fifth grade and led the league in scoring, he’s ineligible “.
gabrielito
10/15/2018 10:44am
There is no way Monster bought insurance on this. They planned the whole thing. Why do you think they had the kid on the split screen the whole time like it was some kind of game show.
tprice07
10/15/2018 10:49am
I wonder if Jesse has ever heard of vital
slaveO
10/15/2018 10:56am
tprice07 wrote:
I wonder if Jesse has ever heard of vital
I wonder if Jesse is still alive and made it out of Vegas LaughingCool
Moto96
10/15/2018 10:59am
gabrielito wrote:
There is no way Monster bought insurance on this. They planned the whole thing. Why do you think they had the kid on the split screen...
There is no way Monster bought insurance on this. They planned the whole thing. Why do you think they had the kid on the split screen the whole time like it was some kind of game show.
Rarely can they even split screen the racers!

Post a reply to: Uh, yeah... Eli, Jessie... about that "Million"...

The Latest