USGP location - Still no announcement?

3/21/2017 10:47am
Based on the initial press conference at Daytona (and DC on last weeks Pulp show), it sounded like they had the location for the USGP race pretty locked down, but were waiting to make the big announcement later in the week. It's the following week, and still no announcement..

|
Acidreamer
3/22/2017 6:03am
I thought they announced RedBud?
3/22/2017 6:05am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2017 6:06am
Acidreamer wrote:
I thought they announced RedBud?
Well, that's the MXdN.... but not even that has officially announced, I don't believe.. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though. There's supposed to be a MXGP race "somewhere in the Southeast" this season..

and yes, I know where that "somewhere" supposedly is.... Just curious where the big announcement is

The Shop

3/22/2017 6:22am
The question is , which track- organiser is silly enough to loose a shed load of money on staging an event that very few attend?
ehr400
3/22/2017 6:36am
I am willing to bet MxSports is going to work with the American track promoters to help lessen the burden maybe? Thus the reasoning of them getting involved with YS?
3/22/2017 7:33am
The question is , which track- organiser is silly enough to loose a shed load of money on staging an event that very few attend?
I don't know about that, Broseph. The Southeast is starving for pro-motocross. I'll be going.
3/22/2017 9:04am
I don't know about that, Broseph. The Southeast is starving for pro-motocross. I'll be going.
Good to hear, when i went to Glen Helen it seemed a pretty poor turn out and from what i heard so was Charlotte.
I hope somewhere in the US works out.
3/22/2017 9:08am
Good to hear, when i went to Glen Helen it seemed a pretty poor turn out and from what i heard so was Charlotte. I hope...
Good to hear, when i went to Glen Helen it seemed a pretty poor turn out and from what i heard so was Charlotte.
I hope somewhere in the US works out.
If it does end up at Gatorback, I'd expect a good crowd. Moto is pretty strong here in Florida. I enjoy the GPs, so I might be affected by that, but I think they will get a good crowd.
mxbrian15
3/22/2017 9:47am
From everything I've read/heard, looks like it's Gatorback. Which is awesome!
RandyS
3/22/2017 10:53am
mxbrian15 wrote:
So if it's Gatorback I would expect it to be back on the national schedule next year, yes/no?
3/22/2017 12:24pm
mxbrian15 wrote:
RandyS wrote:
So if it's Gatorback I would expect it to be back on the national schedule next year, yes/no?
From what I've heard I would not count on that happening.
JustMX
3/22/2017 2:48pm
RandyS wrote:
Why would gatorback getting a gp mean they would also get a national
RandyS
3/22/2017 4:54pm
RandyS wrote:
JustMX wrote:
YS working with MX Sports, MX Sports wanting a national in the southeast. The improvements needed by YS cover everything MX Sports wants for the national tracks. I can't remember what the deal was that Gatorback was taken off the schedule but it was long before MX Sports was fully in charge. Just seems like a deal that would all come as a package, you're not going to make money running a GP in September but if you get a national back that might be a reason to roll the dice on the GP. GPs aren't run at a track that runs a national series race the same year(mostly, not sure if that's 100% adhered to). Just a thought.
hillbilly
3/22/2017 6:03pm
RandyS wrote:
JustMX wrote:
RandyS wrote:
YS working with MX Sports, MX Sports wanting a national in the southeast. The improvements needed by YS cover everything MX Sports wants for the national...
YS working with MX Sports, MX Sports wanting a national in the southeast. The improvements needed by YS cover everything MX Sports wants for the national tracks. I can't remember what the deal was that Gatorback was taken off the schedule but it was long before MX Sports was fully in charge. Just seems like a deal that would all come as a package, you're not going to make money running a GP in September but if you get a national back that might be a reason to roll the dice on the GP. GPs aren't run at a track that runs a national series race the same year(mostly, not sure if that's 100% adhered to). Just a thought.
Because it was in march before Daytona,

Good times, do Atlanta am sx on sunday drive on down to Florida,ride all week,do gatorback then am sx at Daytona on monday then party and strippers all week, pro sx on Saturday,drive all night for opening rd at muddy creek sunday.

Good times
3/22/2017 7:12pm
RandyS wrote:
YS working with MX Sports, MX Sports wanting a national in the southeast. The improvements needed by YS cover everything MX Sports wants for the national...
I don't know all the details, but when Gatorback was told they were going from the opening national to the last national, they balked. A nat hasn't been held there since.
motosurf
3/22/2017 10:33pm
RandyS wrote:
JustMX wrote:
RandyS wrote:
Glen Helen? Ran a national and GP same year.
RandyS
3/22/2017 10:38pm
JustMX wrote:
RandyS wrote:
motosurf wrote:
Glen Helen? Ran a national and GP same year.
That's why I said mostly, I understand there are a a few exceptions.
RMOT.org
3/22/2017 11:40pm
Gatorback would be an epic location for a USGP. I was there in '97 when the GOAT won his 1st outdoor National and Doug Henry debuted the YZ400f.

Do the West's still run the place ? The West's ran some SX back in the day with SRO/Pace and I would imagine there were some hurt feelings with their National and the SX promoters when the National was canceled?

The Mini Os at Thanksgiving are still going strong there, and if Davey follows through with his threat and runs a 125 class at the USGP, it could be hit ?

The USGP at Hollister back in the day that Rich Winkler from Dirt Wurx promoted and Roger's attempts at a USGP at Glen Helen were never financially successful.

It's definetly a long shot but if they could get the Florida based stars to show up and showcase some young kids on 125 2 strokes it just may work ?

If they could pull off something like Trippe & Cox did at Carlsbad and get it on a National TV channel it could grow into something way cool ?

Olson
3/23/2017 2:00am
Costa Rica or Hawaii, heard they were on Luongos bucket list on places to visit. Wink
RMOT.org
3/23/2017 3:51pm
So what is the conceious ? Would a USGP @ Gatorback with the US factory teams against the 'Best in the World' not make a compelling National TV broadcast? Throw in a 125 emx support class and you would think it could be a success ?

moto0852
3/23/2017 4:02pm
USGP's are held at Carlsbad.
Mr. Info
3/23/2017 5:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2017 5:23pm
I wrenched for a kid by the name of Brett Cross in the 250 Support Class one year.
RMOT.org
3/23/2017 5:19pm
Mr. Info wrote:
I wrenched for a kid by the name of Brett Cross in the 250 Support Class one year.
Thats funny. I know Brett. From San Luis Obispo Woohoo
Tony922
3/23/2017 5:27pm
Seems to me that the MXGP cant be really successful in the US because the elite US riders wont compete unless they are compelled to by their energy drink. Why cant they run a combined MXGP and US National where all the riders are going for points in their respective series. MXGP only has about 20 serious contenders that travel (if that) so that leaves at least 20 spots for US riders. I know some US riders would miss out but the race would be epic and a proper US v the world show.
3/23/2017 5:35pm
Tony922 wrote:
Seems to me that the MXGP cant be really successful in the US because the elite US riders wont compete unless they are compelled to by...
Seems to me that the MXGP cant be really successful in the US because the elite US riders wont compete unless they are compelled to by their energy drink. Why cant they run a combined MXGP and US National where all the riders are going for points in their respective series. MXGP only has about 20 serious contenders that travel (if that) so that leaves at least 20 spots for US riders. I know some US riders would miss out but the race would be epic and a proper US v the world show.
I hesitantly agree with this concept... I'm sure the big teams would flip their lids over the idea (as we've heard they do over even the smallest changes), but it's honestly no different than the combined East/West Vegas "shootout" that determines final series points for each 250SX region
Alex814
3/23/2017 5:39pm
The way things go in this sport, my guess is the official PR drops the week before Hangtown.
RMOT.org
3/23/2017 5:44pm
It would be an Epic shootout if you got the elite riders from each US based manufacturer, plus say JMart and made a big deal of the Race. Like maybe offer a Purse ?

Red Bull has their rythm, Monster has their cup. Maybe Rockstar would step up and offer up some prize money for the Rockstar USGP ?

Post a reply to: USGP location - Still no announcement?

The Latest