USGP at North Wilkesboro?

rrjr
WTF are they thinking? With all the good tracks available in the southeast they pick that run down dump to hold the race.
That place was a shit hole when it was open. I can't imagine what it's like now after being closed for so long.

The cost of just getting the infrastructure up and running again will be huge not to mention the cost of building the track.

|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/31/2017 9:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2017 9:16pm
rrjr wrote:
WTF are they thinking? With all the good tracks available in the southeast they pick that run down dump to hold the race. That place was...
WTF are they thinking? With all the good tracks available in the southeast they pick that run down dump to hold the race.
That place was a shit hole when it was open. I can't imagine what it's like now after being closed for so long.

The cost of just getting the infrastructure up and running again will be huge not to mention the cost of building the track.

PEOPLE, READ! (as this isn't the first person to bring this up) This is the beginning of the very next paragraph in Racerhead.

"But I couldn’t bring myself to commit and pull the trigger on what would have been an easy and obvious April Fool’s joke because of the circumstances as to why MX Sports’ Tim Cotter and I found ourselves standing in the metal bleachers of that broke-down palace of stock car’s good ol’ days."

It was a joke to start off Racerhead on a lighter note considering what was to come next (RIP Cody and Chris Gragg).

That ole stock car track isn't the home of the USGP. As it's been mentioned multiple times, it will be at Gatorback...just waiting on the official announcement.
rrjr
3/31/2017 9:42pm

"But I couldn’t bring myself to commit and pull the trigger on what would have been an easy and obvious April Fool’s joke because of the circumstances as to why MX Sports’ Tim Cotter and I found ourselves standing in the metal bleachers of that broke-down palace of stock car’s good ol’ days."

So he couldn't bring himself to make an April Fool's joke because of the reason why he's in the area so he makes one a day early?
Electro21
Fantasy
75th
3/31/2017 9:45pm
rrjr wrote:
WTF are they thinking? With all the good tracks available in the southeast they pick that run down dump to hold the race. That place was...

Check the date!

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/31/2017 10:46pm
rrjr wrote:
[i]"But I couldn’t bring myself to commit and pull the trigger on what would have been an easy and obvious April Fool’s joke because of the...

So he couldn't bring himself to make an April Fool's joke because of the reason why he's in the area so he makes one a day early?
3/31/2017 10:56pm
Man, it's sad what happened with North Wilkesboro Speedway. Just driving by that place on US-421, it's like that place is stuck in time. After the last NASCAR race that was held there, they pretty much just abandoned it. The old signage and billboards from the 90s are still there and it's crazy, and sad to look at. There's no way any large event could be held there unless they spent millions to renovate it.
okieonayamaha
Fantasy
1246th
3/31/2017 11:19pm
GuyB wrote:
[img]https://www.llfit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Featured-Image-Lifelong-Fitness-Sugar-Sucker.jpg[/img]
Yep one every minute lol
BAD10
4/1/2017 12:16am
rrjr wrote:

hillbilly
4/1/2017 4:40am
Man, it's sad what happened with North Wilkesboro Speedway. Just driving by that place on US-421, it's like that place is stuck in time. After the...
Man, it's sad what happened with North Wilkesboro Speedway. Just driving by that place on US-421, it's like that place is stuck in time. After the last NASCAR race that was held there, they pretty much just abandoned it. The old signage and billboards from the 90s are still there and it's crazy, and sad to look at. There's no way any large event could be held there unless they spent millions to renovate it.
I got stories of races i went to there that you really would not believe.

Locals are like here,nice.

Junior Johnson's house is right beside it. One of the stories involves his liquor cars and h I s best friend,Willy Clay Call.

Good times
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
4/1/2017 5:16am
Went through there last year, it is a blast into the past... Sad in a way!
Kenny Lingus
4/1/2017 7:44am
They say the average reading level for American adults is 7th-8th grade level. Around here? Maybe 4th grade, if we are lucky.
DonM
4/1/2017 9:44am
DC wrote:
Here is a really, really good documentary on North Wilkesboro and other Carolina speedways that were abandoned, including the old Metrolina, which used to also host...
Here is a really, really good documentary on North Wilkesboro and other Carolina speedways that were abandoned, including the old Metrolina, which used to also host an outdoor national nearby...

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/carolina-speedways/57bddc7ca39540e…

DC
That was good!!

Post a reply to: USGP at North Wilkesboro?

The Latest