USGP 17 Crowd

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2017 12:54 PM

How's the crowd at the 2017 USGP in Jacksonville?
I haven't seen any pictures with any spectators.
The track looks flat with no infield spectators.

Just wondering . . .

|

www.saddlebackpark.com

http://www.tmphotoart.wordpress.com

http://www.wheelspinmuseum.wordpress.com

http://wheelspinracewear.com

Intstagram: @saddleback_park @carlsbadraceway @wheelspinracewear
@timmarksphotography

9/3/2017 1:04 PM

Lots of people here. Spectating is difficult with a flat track but they did a good job with what they have.

|

9/3/2017 1:09 PM

The many high advertising billboards that put Youthstream securely do not help viewers see the race well.

|

9/3/2017 2:08 PM

Grizz wrote:

Lots of people here. Spectating is difficult with a flat track but they did a good job with what they have.

Glad to hear lot's were there, hope the promoters made it work and it comes back next year.

|

9/3/2017 3:06 PM

St Ann More wrote:

Glad to hear lot's were there, hope the promoters made it work and it comes back next year.

For an alternate venue, i sure hope they can keep the race there next year and build on it.

|

9/3/2017 3:08 PM

I was enroute but had an issue at home so had to cancel.

Love this track, owners are great, locals are core riders I hope they have it next year. Well worth the 12 hour drive.

|

9/3/2017 3:38 PM

I just asked a cop as we walked out. He said 10,000. I think it was more than that, but I really don't know. The place was packed is all I can say. Way more than Glen Helen.

|

9/3/2017 4:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2017 5:58 PM

It was packed ***

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

9/3/2017 5:11 PM

It was packed, took over an hour to park. Would estimate over 10k

|

@wasummer46

9/3/2017 5:20 PM

I told y'all the southeast is starving for pro motocross. Can you hear me now?

|

9/3/2017 6:40 PM

I was there. It was well attended. I was at Glen Helen and it seems like the crowd was larger here at WW ranch?

|

9/3/2017 7:54 PM

Bluelion wrote:

I was there. It was well attended. I was at Glen Helen and it seems like the crowd was larger here at WW ranch?

Seriously? Glen Helen had nothing on today.

|

9/3/2017 7:58 PM

WW Motocross Park should have the US MXGP again and a Outdoor National. They really hooked up MXGP and MX Sports when they had no track at all. DC should make it happen for WW Motocross Park, as they made it happen for you. Seems like the right thing to do...

|

9/3/2017 8:08 PM

Bluelion wrote:

I was there. It was well attended. I was at Glen Helen and it seems like the crowd was larger here at WW ranch?

Harry Backmon wrote:

Seriously? Glen Helen had nothing on today.

WW Motocross Park had some of the best racing with lots of passing that I have seen in a very long time.

|

9/3/2017 8:31 PM

wfo4ever wrote:

WW Motocross Park should have the US MXGP again and a Outdoor National. They really hooked up MXGP and MX Sports when they had no track at all. DC should make it happen for WW Motocross Park, as they made it happen for you. Seems like the right thing to do...

Yep, I'll buy this.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

9/3/2017 8:55 PM

wfo4ever wrote:

WW Motocross Park should have the US MXGP again and a Outdoor National. They really hooked up MXGP and MX Sports when they had no track at all. DC should make it happen for WW Motocross Park, as they made it happen for you. Seems like the right thing to do...

ledger wrote:

Yep, I'll buy this.

They should have a floating week every year on the outdoor schedule and try to go to a new track every year

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

9/3/2017 10:42 PM

I always wondered if it is right for MX Sports to be the promoter of the outdoor series and also to have their track to be included on the schedule. MX Sports is the owner of the track so you know their track is always going to be automatically on the schedule. Is that really fair to other tracks that want a outdoor national? I would guess it is all about the money is the correct answer to that question.

|

9/3/2017 10:46 PM

Jordan421 wrote:

They should have a floating week every year on the outdoor schedule and try to go to a new track every year

That is a good ideal. Change it up some with new tracks would be good for the series.

|

9/4/2017 1:03 AM

tmphotoart wrote:

How's the crowd at the 2017 USGP in Jacksonville?
I haven't seen any pictures with any spectators.
The track looks flat with no infield spectators.

Just wondering . . .

All you got out of yesterday days racing was about the crowd numbers? Get back in your hole troll. The crowd kicked ass and we had a great time. And as to jet lag.......

|

9/4/2017 2:43 AM

I'm so happy that the crowds were that large, congratulations to everyone that worked there asses off to make the show happen.

Apparently, I was watching it live on TV which I didn't know was going to happen. Fantastic, well done guys and girls.

|

Sometimes, Gravity just sucks.

9/4/2017 5:06 AM

|

9/4/2017 6:06 AM

wfo4ever wrote:

I always wondered if it is right for MX Sports to be the promoter of the outdoor series and also to have their track to be included on the schedule. MX Sports is the owner of the track so you know their track is always going to be automatically on the schedule. Is that really fair to other tracks that want a outdoor national? I would guess it is all about the money is the correct answer to that question.

What did you wonder when they gave up one of their races ?

|

9/4/2017 6:14 AM

wfo4ever wrote:

I always wondered if it is right for MX Sports to be the promoter of the outdoor series and also to have their track to be included on the schedule. MX Sports is the owner of the track so you know their track is always going to be automatically on the schedule. Is that really fair to other tracks that want a outdoor national? I would guess it is all about the money is the correct answer to that question.

Which track does MX Sports own?

If your talking about Mt Morris I am pretty sure the Holbert family owns the facility.

|

9/4/2017 6:34 AM

"I always wondered if it is right for MX Sports to be the promoter of the outdoor series and also to have their track to be included on the schedule. MX Sports is the owner of the track so you know their track is always going to be automatically on the schedule. Is that really fair to other tracks that want a outdoor national?"

Not sure I follow your logic... MX Sports doesn't own any racetracks on the national schedule, and we dropped one of our own events (Steel City) to go to different areas. If we did own tracks, would that violate some third-rail, fifth-column type standard of the motocross industry? And what would be wrong with it? We work hard at everything we do, as you hopefully saw yesterday...

DC
Racer X



|

9/4/2017 6:42 AM

The track and racing was spectacular. Hope it comes back there next year. Good dirt, cool jumps, and plenty of racing lines. Looked like lots of fun!

|

9/4/2017 6:51 AM

ruy wrote:

The many high advertising billboards that put Youthstream securely do not help viewers see the race well.

×377

|

9/4/2017 7:06 AM

Congrats on what seemed to be an amazing first effort, especially considering that the venue was a late entry. The track looked gnarly and certainly represented well-better than some of the shit GP venues that series trots off to.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

9/4/2017 7:07 AM

This picture doesn't do it justice. At the bottom left you can see some cars, but that field and others were packed full with vehicles.

|

9/4/2017 7:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2017 7:19 AM

From the TV (MXGPTV) side the track looked pretty good, lots of technical spots, wide, multable fast lines, ect.... the only thing that i didn't like was that I cringed everytime they would hit that 90' strait-up launching pad. #didnotlike

|

9/4/2017 7:27 AM

I will tell you this...it did take well over an hour to park and we parked just fine in a minivan. Also, they filled sides of the streets across the Street with cars as well, so that picture was maybe 2/3 of the vehicles. But WHO CARES!!! The racing was amazing and the jumps were huge. I'm sure every Floridian would agree that it was nice to have more than Daytona once in a while. They put on an amazing race it was great. I also got some good video clips from the side lines of practice and the Moto's check it out:

|