USA to AUS X OPEN

Related:
Create New Tag

6/26/2019 9:55 AM

Aussies, I could use some help here.
Going to be coming from California to Australia for the Aus X Open and will be in Melbourne for 3 nights. Then flying to Sydney for 3 nights, then to Brisbane for 3 nights and staying in Gold Coast. Ive got a few things on my list that I want to do - skydive, surf, Springbrook national park, but outside of that I could use some suggestions of what to do while I am there or places I have to visit.
Looking forward to this trip! Thanks guys

|

IG: @_porch32
2014 Kawasaki KX450

6/26/2019 12:50 PM

Best way would be fly direct from Melbourne to New Zealand and go to Sx open Auckland 🤘

|

6/26/2019 2:04 PM

Porch32 wrote:

Going to be coming from California to Australia for the Aus X Open and will be in ...more

If ya want to kill a whole day (whilst in Melbourne) hire a car and head to Appollo Bay along the great ocean road. Arguably one of if not the worlds best drive. Melbourne also is the food capital of the world with the best eating around.
Sydney is the same ol same ol. Toronga zoo is a must though but that kills a day.
Brisneyland / Gold coast bucket loads of stuff to do. when in Gold Coast there is a lot of factory outlets for all the big surf brands.

|

6/26/2019 3:25 PM

Depends what your after mate and what interest you.
while in Sydney, spend the day at the zoo and doing the tourist stuff such as harbour bridge and opera house.
If you got time and a spare day, go for a look more north to the Central Coast or Newcastle and check the beaches out.

Honestly, if you want a feel for the country, get out of Sydney and go into some local pubs and have a yarn to some aussie tradies. you'll get a good laugh and some cracker of some story's.

Are you coming down with mates, family or anything?

|

6/26/2019 4:56 PM

Melbourne, Great ocean rd, Bells beach, and surf factory outlets is a full day trip, Melbourne zoo is an average zoo,
Melbourne is the clubbing capital of the world without a doubt if that is your thing. There are no midweek tracks to go and watch pro ride SX as such.

|

6/26/2019 11:03 PM

Change your flights. Get to the Whitsundays or cairns. See the Great Barrier Reef and rainforests. When u come back (bet u do!), do a cape York ride with cape York motorcycle adventures. There is so much fun adventure stuff to do in far North Queensland....

|

6/27/2019 12:03 AM

Porch32 wrote:

Going to be coming from California to Australia for the Aus X Open and will be in ...more

Just off the top of my head;

1) Hunt Drop Bears at night.
2) Fight a Kangaroo.
3) Go to Penrith and do some burnouts in the industrial park. (can be done in South Brisbane too).
4) Drink Fosters.
5) Swim any beach at dusk (or dawn).

Any more boys? tongue

|

6/27/2019 12:15 AM

Porch32 wrote:

VET176 wrote:

Just off the top of my head;

1) Hunt Drop Bears at night.
2) Fight a Kangaroo.
3) Go to Penrith and do some burnouts in the ...more

Wrestle a swamp dog (crocodiles). Actually no, don’t do that. And don’t swim at dusk or dawn (bull sharks will nail you). And don’t swim in ANY creeks if FNQ unless they are definitely croc free. And don’t swim in the ocean in FNQ in summer (deadly jelly fish). And don’t get pissed and do any of the above.

Do:
Get pissed
Root lots of skanky backpackers

|

6/27/2019 2:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2019 3:44 AM

You traveling with company or flying solo? Now what cha wanna do is get a taxi, or one of those new Uber thingies. No tell old mate behind the wheel you wann go straight to the bottleO, to pick up some piss! Get on the turps ASAP this will help you understand what the cobbers will be telling ya.

Now safety first we cunts over here drive on the correct side of the road, not like you galahas fark how dangerous is that??? So look left then right then left again! You get that Cobber? Don’t fuck it up when crossing the road, might get run the fuck over by some sick cunt doin a mad burn out.....

On the Goldie might wanna hit up some Thema Parks, National Parts, get a selfie with the “Meter Maid” ( you’ll find out what they are smile ) maaaaaate 3 days will fly by like a roaches running from the Mortein....

|

6/27/2019 3:25 AM

Deja New wrote:

You traveling with company or flying solo? Now what cha wanna do is get a taxi, or one of those new Uber thingies. No tell old ...more

Come on cuz. Don’t scare him off. New Zealand has awesome ski fields, mountain biking and dirt bike adventure. Also incredible country and city experiences.
Australia has same (less ski fields).
Big country, bugger all (not many) people.
I hope you yankees enjoy the visit

|

6/27/2019 3:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2019 3:34 AM

Deja New wrote:

You traveling with company or flying solo? Now what cha wanna do is get a taxi, or one of those new Uber thingies. No tell old ...more

fastchookracing wrote:

Come on cuz. Don’t scare him off. New Zealand has awesome ski fields, mountain biking and dirt bike adventure. Also incredible ...more

Nuuw Zulund Cross the dutch cuz fo some fush n chups n some beer straight from the chilly bin bro smile

He will have a blast....

Mate send us a PM when you’re on the Goldie I’d get in the car and show you round if a can depending on the dates...

Edit ..... Fuck you autocorrect.

|

6/27/2019 3:36 AM

Mountain bike in the Watagans.

|

6/27/2019 3:43 AM

Deja New wrote:

fastchookracing wrote:

Come on cuz. Don’t scare him off. New Zealand has awesome ski fields, mountain biking and dirt bike adventure. Also incredible ...more

Deja New wrote:

Nuuw Zulund Cross the dutch cuz fo some fush n chups n some beer straight from the chilly bin bro smile

He will have a blast....
...more

Sweet! Hospitality. I offer the same for any good people.

|

6/27/2019 3:46 AM

fastchookracing wrote:

Deja New wrote:

He will have a blast....
...more

fastchookracing wrote:

Sweet! Hospitality. I offer the same for any good people.

I love meeting new people from all over the world. Just gotta learn to behave when on the drinks... w00t

|

6/27/2019 9:12 AM

deanwhite51 wrote:

while in Sydney, spend the day at the zoo and doing the tourist stuff such ...more

yeah man I will be coming with 3 of my close friends! Ill be looking to basically see some cool shit , harbour bridge opera house all that good stuff during the day and then get hammered at night laughing

|

2014 Kawasaki KX450

6/27/2019 9:19 AM

Took me a few times reading through this to figure out that 'getting pissed' is the Aussie way of saying drunk hahaha! Thanks for all of the input and suggestions here men. I do not plan on having any bull shark encounters, I do plan on seeing the city and country when I can, and finding a lady or two as us Americans hear that AUS has the hottest optionscool Will definitely have to come back next year for a longer trip. What I can promise is that I will be getting PISSED at the race and every other night im there, and hope to share a beer with you all!

|

2014 Kawasaki KX450

6/27/2019 2:46 PM

Porch32 wrote:

Took me a few times reading through this to figure out that 'getting pissed' is the Aussie way of saying drunk hahaha! Thanks ...more

Fast learner smile you’ll do well downunder..... before you get on the flight read the Aussie slang banter thread in Non Moto it’ll give you a head start. w00t you and your mates will have a blast, in all three states that you visit.

|

6/27/2019 3:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2019 3:05 PM

deanwhite51 wrote:

while in Sydney, spend the day at the zoo and doing the tourist stuff such ...more

Porch32 wrote:

yeah man I will be coming with 3 of my close friends! Ill be looking to basically see some cool shit , harbour bridge opera ...more

Sounds good mate.
Only thing ive found people struggle with is our slang haha but youll head back with some funny lingo.

I'm only an hour from Sydney. So if you need a tourist guide and wanna grab a beer with some locals. flick us a PM and can go for a schooner or 6.

|

6/27/2019 3:12 PM

deanwhite51 wrote:

Porch32 wrote:

yeah man I will be coming with 3 of my close friends! Ill be looking to basically see some cool shit , harbour bridge opera ...more

deanwhite51 wrote:

Sounds good mate.
Only thing ive found people struggle with is our slang haha but youll head back with some funny lingo.

I'm ...more

Getting hospitality thrown at him lol the guys will never want to leave smile

|

6/27/2019 3:15 PM

On a side note. Once it gets closer to AUS X. I feel like a forum should be made for some aussie sayings and slang terms to help out the fellas from across the waters understand what we are on about for those who do come across for the race laughing laughing

|

6/27/2019 3:20 PM

deanwhite51 wrote:

On a side note. Once it gets closer to AUS X. I feel like a forum should be made for some aussie sayings and slang terms to ...more

https://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Non-Moto,21/Aussie-Slang-Banter,1361570

|

6/27/2019 3:42 PM

Watch as much Jim Jefferies as you can before you get there. Shame you won't be there for a NRL or AFL game.

|

6/28/2019 5:29 AM

Fingal Head about 1 hour drive from Surfers Paradise. Don't bother with Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach you want to head to Coolangatta/ Burleigh area.

|