USA team at home MXoN 2018

5/11/2018 4:43am
Park Boys wrote:
The logic I was using is as guys are basically saying he is unbeatable and he was just beat in his last race and it wasn't...
The logic I was using is as guys are basically saying he is unbeatable and he was just beat in his last race and it wasn't by AC or Gasjer it was DeSalle. Who is a great rider but most would say he is not in the absolute top teir of GP talent(222,84,243 and 461). Just found it ironic considering DeSalle like
I said just beat him while his career is very slowly winding down. Like I said if all the big dogs are healthy it will be hard to tell who will win. It's been years though since the MxDN has been stacked with all the big guys healthy and racing hard at a MxDN so this year will probably be no different.
if the track at RedBudd is anything like that russian track you could be right
motomike137
5/11/2018 5:55am
DonM wrote:
Just a note....the track will be very different to what we are used to as far as Red Bud is concerned...I'm not talking layout either...possible old...
Just a note....the track will be very different to what we are used to as far as Red Bud is concerned...I'm not talking layout either...possible old school Red Bud
I'm curious as to what you mean. It's not like they are going to get rid of all the sand they've brought in over the years.
DonM wrote:
You can bet that Youthstream won't let them go as deep as usual...which I think is a good thing
That would be fine by me. Actually the last few years they seem to have lightened up a little bit on how deep they make it. I get tired of watching pros struggle to get around the d-mn track because it is so rutty and deep.
motomike137
5/11/2018 5:56am
struth wrote:
Tomac
Barcia
Osborne my team
That is a Red Bud murderers row right there.
mbha
5/15/2018 1:02pm
Eli will handle Herlings at Red Bud
Not a chance in hell. That's not two comparable riders.

I think USA has a good chance though despite France has to be the favourites. You can coose between Febvre, Paulin, Musquin and Ferrandis on the 250 and they will match Tomac, Baggett, Anderson and JMart.

The Shop

5/15/2018 3:46pm
mbha wrote:
Not a chance in hell. That's not two comparable riders. I think USA has a good chance though despite France has to be the favourites. You...

I think USA has a good chance though despite France has to be the favourites. You can coose between Febvre, Paulin, Musquin and Ferrandis on the 250 and they will match Tomac, Baggett, Anderson and JMart.
Febvre and Paulin won’t beat Tomac nor bagget in either moto at red bud. Sorry. The only people I see beating Tomac or Baggett at red bud is Herlings, cairoli and Gajser depending on what Gajser shows up.

Of course musquin could as well, was talking GP riders tho.

Shaned9326
5/15/2018 4:26pm
mbha wrote:
Not a chance in hell. That's not two comparable riders. I think USA has a good chance though despite France has to be the favourites. You...

Agree completely with last statement and as far as Eli beating Herlings as much as I would and hope he does I can’t see it happening as only way Herlings loses either race he enters is by missing flight to USA!!
Nuffsaid
5/15/2018 8:18pm
I would think that the FIM would be in charge of the track and setup as per thier regulations and specifications as to grooming and length.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
5/15/2018 9:46pm
hard to pick a team today. right now i see many solid picks in no particular order

450's
tomac
anderson
bagget
barcia

250's
osbourne
jmart
amart
plessinger
savatgy

I think the ideal team would be Anderson: he rises to the occasion and would be seeking redemption
Tomac: because he's arguably the baddest dude when he is on it in the AMA circuit (i would love to see him and herlings) and Osbourne: he's the strongest mentally and the most traveled of any rider on the circuit, its no surprise to see him this strong
HusqFan3
5/15/2018 10:13pm
I’ll put my vote in for Tomac, Anderson, and JMart. First 2 because i think they’re the fastest riders in the U.S. on any given day and the 3rd because he’s a top notch rider who’s family just so happens to own the very track where it’s being held so who would know it better?
5/15/2018 10:44pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 10:58pm
mbha wrote:

Shaned9326 wrote:
Agree completely with last statement and as far as Eli beating Herlings as much as I would and hope he does I can’t see it happening...
Agree completely with last statement and as far as Eli beating Herlings as much as I would and hope he does I can’t see it happening as only way Herlings loses either race he enters is by missing flight to USA!!
Tomac might be the only guy on the planet who could run with Herlings right now (Cairoli can do it for 15 minutes!).

Not an excuse, but the timing gives the Euros an advantage as this comes right on the heels of their championship ending each year. Another advantage is the European guys only ever seriously train for Motocross. The Americans spend 7 months a year in Supercross mode. Having it here will be a big advantage though for the Americans, and we are a country of 330 million people, so we should be winning this thing most years! Hard to see Tomac, Anderson/Bagget or Osborne losing at Redbud. Hopefully the top guys will want to show up though.
mxb2
5/16/2018 3:58am
HusqFan3 wrote:
I’ll put my vote in for Tomac, Anderson, and JMart. First 2 because i think they’re the fastest riders in the U.S. on any given day...
I’ll put my vote in for Tomac, Anderson, and JMart. First 2 because i think they’re the fastest riders in the U.S. on any given day and the 3rd because he’s a top notch rider who’s family just so happens to own the very track where it’s being held so who would know it better?
The race is at red bud. Not millville.
motomike137
5/16/2018 5:17am
mbha wrote:

Shaned9326 wrote:
Agree completely with last statement and as far as Eli beating Herlings as much as I would and hope he does I can’t see it happening...
Tomac might be the only guy on the planet who could run with Herlings right now (Cairoli can do it for 15 minutes!). Not an excuse...
Tomac might be the only guy on the planet who could run with Herlings right now (Cairoli can do it for 15 minutes!).

Not an excuse, but the timing gives the Euros an advantage as this comes right on the heels of their championship ending each year. Another advantage is the European guys only ever seriously train for Motocross. The Americans spend 7 months a year in Supercross mode. Having it here will be a big advantage though for the Americans, and we are a country of 330 million people, so we should be winning this thing most years! Hard to see Tomac, Anderson/Bagget or Osborne losing at Redbud. Hopefully the top guys will want to show up though.
There will be NO excuses this year! Our whole team will need to go into "Bubba" mode for this race. Win or crash hard, period!
Fritzon
5/16/2018 7:32am
Haven´t seen a single suggestion that includes a 450-rider stepping down to 250. Is that really so far fetched?
Has been working out quite good for other teams.
Tomac, Andersson, Bagget for example.
5/16/2018 7:50am
Everyone keeps mentioning Tomac as if he is actually going to ride, I don't think monster will let him with the MEC the weekend after, I hope my doubts are totally wrong though.
5/16/2018 7:51am
Tomac Barcia Cooper, Cooper finished 2nd last year at a MXGP qualy race, he will win the title this year and I will look like a genius
jeffro503
5/16/2018 8:01am
I'm curious as to what you mean. It's not like they are going to get rid of all the sand they've brought in over the years.
DonM wrote:
You can bet that Youthstream won't let them go as deep as usual...which I think is a good thing
That would be fine by me. Actually the last few years they seem to have lightened up a little bit on how deep they make it...
That would be fine by me. Actually the last few years they seem to have lightened up a little bit on how deep they make it. I get tired of watching pros struggle to get around the d-mn track because it is so rutty and deep.
I hope this holds true. I really wish they would stop tilling all the tracks as deep as they have been. Ruts are great , but when they are on every square inch of the track , all the way around.......kinda sucks in my opinion. Passing is cut down to a minimum too.
HusqFan3
5/16/2018 8:48am
HusqFan3 wrote:
I’ll put my vote in for Tomac, Anderson, and JMart. First 2 because i think they’re the fastest riders in the U.S. on any given day...
mxb2 wrote:
The race is at red bud. Not millville.
Ah, duh... Not sure why i was thinking it was at Millville but you’re right. I suppose he’d still get my vote as a 2X Outdoors Champ.
5/16/2018 9:59am
Everyone keeps mentioning Tomac as if he is actually going to ride, I don't think monster will let him with the MEC the weekend after, I...
Everyone keeps mentioning Tomac as if he is actually going to ride, I don't think monster will let him with the MEC the weekend after, I hope my doubts are totally wrong though.
The timing is pretty bad for the American riders, but I hope the fact that it is in the US for the first time in 8 years will be motivation enough. That would be a bummer to not have an A team at Red Bud. I plan to be there and don't want to see France celebrating again! Pinch Tomac does not have to be there for the US to be the favorite though in my opinion. Anderson, Bagget, Barcia, Jmart, Osborne, any combination of those guys could get it done.
Shaned9326
5/16/2018 10:04am
Everyone keeps mentioning Tomac as if he is actually going to ride, I don't think monster will let him with the MEC the weekend after, I...
The timing is pretty bad for the American riders, but I hope the fact that it is in the US for the first time in 8...
The timing is pretty bad for the American riders, but I hope the fact that it is in the US for the first time in 8 years will be motivation enough. That would be a bummer to not have an A team at Red Bud. I plan to be there and don't want to see France celebrating again! Pinch Tomac does not have to be there for the US to be the favorite though in my opinion. Anderson, Bagget, Barcia, Jmart, Osborne, any combination of those guys could get it done.
Eli will be there as he’s said it more than once but also probably doesn’t want to deal with the 40 page backlash he got from not going last year!!!
5/16/2018 10:27am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2018 9:31am
Tomac might be the only guy on the planet who could run with Herlings right now (Cairoli can do it for 15 minutes!). Not an excuse...

USA should win every year. The USA is a huge country against a fractured contingent of (mostly) small countries. Some people here seem to believe it's "USA against Europe," but that's obviously nonsense. Wow! The USA beat Slovenia and Lithuania again! Go USA!

Any country not named the USA (or France lately) has a hard time coming up with three top-level riders, so, for the US, MXoN is an exercise of divide and conquer. Just don't be thinking a 10-rider USA team could beat a 10-rider European team.
MX Culture
5/16/2018 10:45am
At one of the Supercross races this season, Chase Sexton told me “I want to win the nationals so I get chosen for team USA at Red Bud”
Shaned9326
5/16/2018 11:04am
MX Culture wrote:
At one of the Supercross races this season, Chase Sexton told me “I want to win the nationals so I get chosen for team USA at...
At one of the Supercross races this season, Chase Sexton told me “I want to win the nationals so I get chosen for team USA at Red Bud”
That’s refreshing to hear and maybe the younger guys will want to put des nations back where it should be as a proud event to be picked for and to want to go out and kick some ass!!
agn5009
5/16/2018 11:06am
Fritzon wrote:
Haven´t seen a single suggestion that includes a 450-rider stepping down to 250. Is that really so far fetched? Has been working out quite good for...
Haven´t seen a single suggestion that includes a 450-rider stepping down to 250. Is that really so far fetched?
Has been working out quite good for other teams.
Tomac, Andersson, Bagget for example.
Yes it's far fetched when we have Osborne, JMart and plessinger as more than capable 250 riders to win. Most countries don't have that luxury. Most good countries have literally 2 or 3 guys tops who can compete with the best. The USA has 5+ in each class.
mxb2
5/16/2018 11:08am
MX Culture wrote:
At one of the Supercross races this season, Chase Sexton told me “I want to win the nationals so I get chosen for team USA at...
Awesome, love to see someone excited about it.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
5/16/2018 11:30am
Nuffsaid wrote:
Who could replace Roger and make it work?
Prejump wrote:
RC
Jeff Ward would be a solid candidate.

As for the team, it's silly to make a team without outdoors starting but my bench racing picks are...

MXGP Tomac - The absence of a USGP this year opens up the opportunity for Eli to get his rest while still attending the MXDN. I know a lot of you are bitter since he skipped it last year, but the dude needed rest.

MX2 JMartin - Arguably the fastest 250 rider and excels in conditions similar to Red Bud.

Open Osborne - 450 debut.
mbha
5/16/2018 1:12pm
mbha wrote:

Shaned9326 wrote:

Tomac might have a shot at hanging on to Herlings though i doubt it. But then again he won't need to since the Netherlands doesn't have a solid team. The French is the team to beat and that's quite possible but will be hard.
I think that there are a few stronger riders now than recent years. Anderson is of course a notch better. Baggett was very good last season and Barcia will probably reestablish himself as a podium guy outdoors.

Tomac is of course the fastest but will he be there? Does he care about the fans? Dunno??!
philG
5/16/2018 1:15pm
mbha wrote:
Tomac might have a shot at hanging on to Herlings though i doubt it. But then again he won't need to since the Netherlands doesn't have...
Tomac might have a shot at hanging on to Herlings though i doubt it. But then again he won't need to since the Netherlands doesn't have a solid team. The French is the team to beat and that's quite possible but will be hard.
I think that there are a few stronger riders now than recent years. Anderson is of course a notch better. Baggett was very good last season and Barcia will probably reestablish himself as a podium guy outdoors.

Tomac is of course the fastest but will he be there? Does he care about the fans? Dunno??!
Is this the Netherlands team that was half a lap from winning in Maggiora?

Asking for a friend
Nuffsaid
5/17/2018 2:42pm
mbha wrote:
Tomac might have a shot at hanging on to Herlings though i doubt it. But then again he won't need to since the Netherlands doesn't have...

philG wrote:

Asking for a friend
Tell your friend yes. Can see a possibility of 5 top teams in contention if. If healthy. Germany, Nederlands, don’t count out Belgium. Britain if Searle doesn’t go and those France people and the Merica team, make that 6.
5/17/2018 7:50pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2018 10:25pm
mbha wrote:

philG wrote:

Asking for a friend
Nuffsaid wrote:
Tell your friend yes. Can see a possibility of 5 top teams in contention if. If healthy. Germany, Nederlands, don’t count out Belgium. Britain if Searle...
Tell your friend yes. Can see a possibility of 5 top teams in contention if. If healthy. Germany, Nederlands, don’t count out Belgium. Britain if Searle doesn’t go and those France people and the Merica team, make that 6.
Germany? Is Roczen planning to ride for them since race is here? If so, would there top guys be Nagl, Roczen and Jacobi? Nagl seems to have taken a step back since moving off the Husky. Nagl and Jacobi are the only two Germans who have scored more than a handful of points in MXGP this year (the only other German is Tom Koch who has 4 points). Almost no depth, they need Ken bad this year....

Post a reply to: USA team at home MXoN 2018

The Latest