USA fans: How much do you care about MXDN/MXGP?

Edited Date/Time 10/16/2019 10:33pm
Having a conversation among moto buddies, and i'm arguing that the fanbase dynamic of motocross has changed from years past and that a majority of US motocross fans really don't care much about MXDN and motocross overseas in general. I'm curious what all you guys think.
Poll

How much do you care about MXDN/MXGP?

Choices
|
Rupert X
10/15/2019 12:20pm
The MXDN. It’s the pinnacle of Motocross and forever shall be.
FlaNard
10/15/2019 2:12pm
HUGE fan of the MXDN and have become a bigger follower of the GP's as the years have gone by. How would you not want to watch the fastest motocross racer in the world (Herlings) in his prime? Even if he just stomps people it's still a site to see. Now with Prado moving up the GP's are can't miss.
mxb2
10/15/2019 2:15pm
FlaNard wrote:
HUGE fan of the MXDN and have become a bigger follower of the GP's as the years have gone by. How would you not want to...
HUGE fan of the MXDN and have become a bigger follower of the GP's as the years have gone by. How would you not want to watch the fastest motocross racer in the world (Herlings) in his prime? Even if he just stomps people it's still a site to see. Now with Prado moving up the GP's are can't miss.
Gajser and coldenhoff disagree.
ledger
10/15/2019 2:20pm
It's motocross...I love it.

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
10/15/2019 2:22pm
FlaNard wrote:
HUGE fan of the MXDN and have become a bigger follower of the GP's as the years have gone by. How would you not want to...
mxb2 wrote:
holy crap next year will be intense

Don't count the 222 out just yet either. I'd love to see him take #10 and then retire
FlaNard
10/15/2019 2:24pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2019 2:24pm
FlaNard wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Well, I meant it more as even if it is a Herlings runaway it's still a site to see. The depth is there for sure and I'm looking forward to next year.
mxb2
10/15/2019 2:27pm
FlaNard wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
FlaNard wrote:
Well, I meant it more as even [i]if[/i] it is a Herlings runaway it's still a site to see. The depth is there for sure and...
Well, I meant it more as even if it is a Herlings runaway it's still a site to see. The depth is there for sure and I'm looking forward to next year.
Yep saw herlings at ironman. Def a badazz.
smee113
10/15/2019 3:34pm
There's so much history behind the des Nations, though. It predates the World Championship and (to the best of my knowledge) any formal national championship. It's the only motocross race that's a team event, and draws more international talent than any other race.

We keep talking about how the American shift towards Supercross has affected our results at des Nations, but during SX everyone talks about how the season needs to be shorter to make room for more MX, so I don't buy that American diehards care more about SX than MX.

To the casual fan, I'm sure des Nations doesn't matter. But to diehards like us, it absolutely does.
newmann
10/15/2019 3:50pm
Love the MXdN but just don’t have the time to “follow” the mxgp. Still a fan and hope to hit some overseas races in the next few years.
DPR250R
10/15/2019 3:54pm
Coverage is better than it used to be with CBS Sports Network over here. I watch what is on my DVR on Sunday nights but rarely pay to watch live.

MXoN is a can’t miss event for me.
10/15/2019 4:01pm
Always loved the vibe of des nations and sadly it took for the mxgp video games for me to get into the series. Now I follow it pretty closely! Love anything that involves a dirt bike
biscuit11
10/15/2019 6:24pm
I set the dvr and watch every mxgp race. Just a shame they dont come to the USA more it should be at least 1 yearly visit to round out the season if not more. There seems to be solid participation from AMA riders when they visit and it would help bridge the downtime between the end of nationals and the MXoN. Id imagine there would be much more interest in the MXoN if we had some US gps at the end of the year.
Camp332
10/15/2019 6:52pm
Here in New Jersey bro, we look forward to the MXGP motos on TV every Sunday. Do I even need to say; you bet your pikey ass we care about MXDN!?
hyler199
10/15/2019 7:05pm
Planning on going next year in France. Comin from Toronto, hopefully Canada sends a team but rooting for USA to send the same guys Anderson, Osborne, Cooper. Orrrrrr Tomac, Ciancarulo, *someone haha
jeffro503
10/15/2019 8:07pm
The 4th option seems to be dominating the poll , and it's what I picked as well. Moto , is moto.....and it doesn't matter where it happens. I follow the GP stuff now days just as much as I do the AMA stuff. Hero's on both sides for me.

This sport has always been country vs country , rider vs rider , GP vs Nationals / SX.......and the bottom line , weather anyone wants to admit it or not.....we all love 2 wheels in the dirt , and the dudes that can go super fast on them.

I personally can't stand dudes that do nothing but try to divide this sport by mouthing off about how " This " is better than " That " bullshit.

Yeah.....I'm an American , and I love watching fast MF'er's on both sides of this planet!
zippytech
10/16/2019 6:09am
Biggest problem for me is MXGP in run in the summer and that's the time I spend out playing in dirt so I miss most of it. I do try and watch the AMA 450 class. but that's about all I have time for.
O&GDriller
10/16/2019 6:21am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2019 6:22am
I follow both MXGP and MXdN. FYI, I just renewed my MXGP-TV subscription last night as they're running an early bird special. I paid around $115 OTD versus full price of about $148. Decent savings on a good TV package.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
10/16/2019 7:48am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2019 8:22am
Definitely have huge anticipation for MXDN each year, have followed the GP's since Motoworld. Watch the gpmx every week and the highlights. And of course U.S. Sx and MX. I think I am done going to supercross though except maybe Monster cup. Been a lot but definately going to a few more nationals around the U.S. and would love to go to MXDN some day. Straight Rythm would be awesome to see live too.
Talan_Hansen
10/16/2019 8:14am
GP’s are great, always been a dream of mine to race them one day. If I could choose one series to race, it’d be MXGP.
ktm 125
10/16/2019 9:14am
love them both but at mxon sometimes the team strategies dont let riders to give it all. we never saw who was faster in 03. rc won easily but everts was happy enough with 2nd place. or few years later js7 didnt have to chase everts ftw because of the same reason. even though i cheered fot rc back then, riding a 2 stroke and all, i would love to see everts push more. herlings didnt have to battle a teammate ftw this year so we didnt see the true potentials. on the other hand cairoli is pretty much the only really good rider in italian team so he can really push thats why he always wins or crash. so i prefer mxgp and ama and then mxon
DPR250R
10/16/2019 9:38am
ktm 125 wrote:
love them both but at mxon sometimes the team strategies dont let riders to give it all. we never saw who was faster in 03. rc...
love them both but at mxon sometimes the team strategies dont let riders to give it all. we never saw who was faster in 03. rc won easily but everts was happy enough with 2nd place. or few years later js7 didnt have to chase everts ftw because of the same reason. even though i cheered fot rc back then, riding a 2 stroke and all, i would love to see everts push more. herlings didnt have to battle a teammate ftw this year so we didnt see the true potentials. on the other hand cairoli is pretty much the only really good rider in italian team so he can really push thats why he always wins or crash. so i prefer mxgp and ama and then mxon
Yeah.. I get what you are saying.... but that is what also leads to excitement in the last race sometimes.

It’s really a nice change of pace after a season of series racing.
steed 2.0
10/16/2019 10:16am
Having a conversation among moto buddies, and i'm arguing that the fanbase dynamic of motocross has changed from years past and that a majority of US...
Having a conversation among moto buddies, and i'm arguing that the fanbase dynamic of motocross has changed from years past and that a majority of US motocross fans really don't care much about MXDN and motocross overseas in general. I'm curious what all you guys think.

View figures translate a different picture... however, its must be a serious trauma if you Guys still busy with it?! 🤷🏼‍♂️

+ the Bonus 👑

10/16/2019 12:16pm
Just to be clear, i voted "I look forward to MXDN every year but dont follow MXGP". I have watched a few GP's this year but wouldn't consider that as "following" the season. I think i will next year, though.
steed 2.0
10/16/2019 10:33pm
Just to be clear, i voted "I look forward to MXDN every year but dont follow MXGP". I have watched a few GP's this year but...
Just to be clear, i voted "I look forward to MXDN every year but dont follow MXGP". I have watched a few GP's this year but wouldn't consider that as "following" the season. I think i will next year, though.

Till Next Year 🤠 équipe frite 🍟🥖🥐🍷 + 🥗 💪

Post a reply to: USA fans: How much do you care about MXDN/MXGP?

The Latest