USA better send our best riders!!

Shaned9326
Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 2:03pm
Just finished watching mxgp of locket and gotta say it was some intense racing again as AC 222 pulled another one out again but damn near all of the top 6 were on the gas big time and lots of bar banging and paint swapping action going on the entire race!! I love our nationals with a passion and really want USA to get back the trophy this year at matterley basin but we damn well better send our top three pilots and hopefully our boys will be motivated this year to make the trip over and bring it back as watching both series yearly it seems as those guys just never quit and seem to be constantly battling for position week after week and it's pretty damn exciting!! I'm a huge tomac fan and certainly hope he accepts challenge to go this year as I was at Charolette last year and it was awesome to see him wick it up against the euros regardless of what people thought of track and all that! But with that being said, we need to be getting highly motivated this year as along with our boys they are hauling the mail across the pond and it's damn nice to be able to subscribe to each series and see the different tracks,crowds. And vibes at each venue they go too!! Anyway peace out moto brothers and can't wait till washougal!!
|
Alucard
7/23/2017 10:32am
Cairoli is in monstrous form, this is arguably the most competitive year in GP's history... Herlings, Gajser, Febvre, Desalle, Paulin, Nagl, Van Horebeek, Strijbos, Anstie, Tonus, the overall level and depth is insane, and the way he pulled away in the second moto was crazy, like nothing... And he doesn't even like Loket that much...

Having said that, team USA should always be considered the favorite, especially this year if Tomac, Baggett and the fastest 250's riders stays healthy... Even if they can't win a moto, they still have easily the deepest and strongest team, choosing the best three from the AMA, a luxury that various small euro's team don't have...

If team USA stays healthy, consistent and without mistakes it's their event to lose... France is surely dangerous though, as it is right now...
Sodipop
7/23/2017 10:36am
Alucard wrote:
Cairoli is in monstrous form, this is arguably the most competitive year in GP's history... Herlings, Gajser, Febvre, Desalle, Paulin, Nagl, Van Horebeek, Strijbos, Anstie, Tonus...
Cairoli is in monstrous form, this is arguably the most competitive year in GP's history... Herlings, Gajser, Febvre, Desalle, Paulin, Nagl, Van Horebeek, Strijbos, Anstie, Tonus, the overall level and depth is insane, and the way he pulled away in the second moto was crazy, like nothing... And he doesn't even like Loket that much...

Having said that, team USA should always be considered the favorite, especially this year if Tomac, Baggett and the fastest 250's riders stays healthy... Even if they can't win a moto, they still have easily the deepest and strongest team, choosing the best three from the AMA, a luxury that various small euro's team don't have...

If team USA stays healthy, consistent and without mistakes it's their event to lose... France is surely dangerous though, as it is right now...
Marvin ferrandis and paulin/Febvre on a European track would be the favorite to me but they won't pick that team
RG1
7/23/2017 10:40am
Alucard wrote:
Cairoli is in monstrous form, this is arguably the most competitive year in GP's history... Herlings, Gajser, Febvre, Desalle, Paulin, Nagl, Van Horebeek, Strijbos, Anstie, Tonus...

Sodipop wrote:
Marvin ferrandis and paulin/Febvre on a European track would be the favorite to me but they won't pick that team
I think they will pick Ferrandis and Marvin as long as Marv doesn't take time out to get his knee sorted. Which is a possibility. I reckon Aldon will try to convince him to sit it out if his knee is something that's going to need attention
Alucard
7/23/2017 11:03am
RG1 wrote:
I think they will pick Ferrandis and Marvin as long as Marv doesn't take time out to get his knee sorted. Which is a possibility. I...
I think they will pick Ferrandis and Marvin as long as Marv doesn't take time out to get his knee sorted. Which is a possibility. I reckon Aldon will try to convince him to sit it out if his knee is something that's going to need attention
Probably... A team with Musquin, Febvre/Paulin and Ferrandis is tough to beat, but we have to wait and see what Musquin does... Certainly the knee didn't seem to bother him much at Spring Creek...

Anyway, i still think that the US team with the best three is the clear favorite, like a Tomac, Baggett and Osborne for example...

The Shop

pilotdude
7/23/2017 11:12am
RG1 wrote:
I think they will pick Ferrandis and Marvin as long as Marv doesn't take time out to get his knee sorted. Which is a possibility. I...
Alucard wrote:
Probably... A team with Musquin, Febvre/Paulin and Ferrandis is tough to beat, but we have to wait and see what Musquin does... Certainly the knee didn't...
Probably... A team with Musquin, Febvre/Paulin and Ferrandis is tough to beat, but we have to wait and see what Musquin does... Certainly the knee didn't seem to bother him much at Spring Creek...

Anyway, i still think that the US team with the best three is the clear favorite, like a Tomac, Baggett and Osborne for example...
I like the team of Tomac, Anderson, Osborne better than Baggett. Baggett has a dismal history at the MXdN. Anderson has won the only moto he's ever ridden there, and deserves another shot in my opinion.
Sodipop
7/23/2017 11:13am
RG1 wrote:
Alucard wrote:
Probably... A team with Musquin, Febvre/Paulin and Ferrandis is tough to beat, but we have to wait and see what Musquin does... Certainly the knee didn't...

pilotdude wrote:
I like the team of Tomac, Anderson, Osborne better than Baggett. Baggett has a dismal history at the MXdN. Anderson has won the only moto he's...
I like the team of Tomac, Anderson, Osborne better than Baggett. Baggett has a dismal history at the MXdN. Anderson has won the only moto he's ever ridden there, and deserves another shot in my opinion.
Baggett is injured. Unfortunately we can't send him anymore IMO but I think healthy you have to take him over Anderson.
jeffro503
7/23/2017 11:34am
Still a few rounds to go here , so we'll have to see who's healthy , willing and able to go. Jason and Blake aren't at 100% right now. On MX2 I think I'd go with Zach this year , as I think Jeremy is having an off year , AND Zach is a little more familiar with some of the tracks across the pond. Besides that , Zach is just hauling ass right now. Plessinger may be a possible pick , as he seems to get stronger through the last half of the year. Or Big Al as another option.

Like I said though....lots of racing left.
ATKpilot99
7/23/2017 11:39am
jeffro503 wrote:
Still a few rounds to go here , so we'll have to see who's healthy , willing and able to go. Jason and Blake aren't at...
Still a few rounds to go here , so we'll have to see who's healthy , willing and able to go. Jason and Blake aren't at 100% right now. On MX2 I think I'd go with Zach this year , as I think Jeremy is having an off year , AND Zach is a little more familiar with some of the tracks across the pond. Besides that , Zach is just hauling ass right now. Plessinger may be a possible pick , as he seems to get stronger through the last half of the year. Or Big Al as another option.

Like I said though....lots of racing left.
If healthy Zach is the only logical choice for MX2 imo .
tcallahan707
7/23/2017 11:42am
RG1 wrote:
Alucard wrote:

pilotdude wrote:
I like the team of Tomac, Anderson, Osborne better than Baggett. Baggett has a dismal history at the MXdN. Anderson has won the only moto he's...
Dismal? He has won the event. In fact, no American has won it since.
es337
7/23/2017 11:52am
call me crazy but i want eli anderson and barcia with barcia on the 250. I cant think of anyone else the us might pick who would be more motivated than those 3
7/23/2017 11:53am
Alucard wrote:

pilotdude wrote:
Yes he's won the event, but his results put team USA in a not so good position going into the final moto. Team USA won that year because RV and RD pulled out a clutch performance to go 1-2 in the final moto, hate to say it but the win that year was no thanks to Blake. They also have Pourcel to thank for DNFing that same moto, not sure if it made any difference with the Ryan's going 1-2 but France was in contention and in a good spot going into that last moto.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
7/23/2017 11:58am
es337 wrote:
call me crazy but i want eli anderson and barcia with barcia on the 250. I cant think of anyone else the us might pick who...
call me crazy but i want eli anderson and barcia with barcia on the 250. I cant think of anyone else the us might pick who would be more motivated than those 3
I dont think that is crazy.
tcallahan707
7/23/2017 12:04pm
pilotdude wrote:
Yes he's won the event, but his results put team USA in a not so good position going into the final moto. Team USA won that...
Yes he's won the event, but his results put team USA in a not so good position going into the final moto. Team USA won that year because RV and RD pulled out a clutch performance to go 1-2 in the final moto, hate to say it but the win that year was no thanks to Blake. They also have Pourcel to thank for DNFing that same moto, not sure if it made any difference with the Ryan's going 1-2 but France was in contention and in a good spot going into that last moto.
I can't disagree with that. What I can say though is that Anderson put team USA in a bad position heading into the final moto last year. So much so that we lost, while in 2011 the team got the job done. That's all that matters.

I'm not saying BB should go over JA but I do feel that you gotta take the best rider this year while also taking into account the track type. Their history at the event isn't enough to sway the vote either direction in my opinion.
TXDirt
7/23/2017 12:13pm
I'd go with Zach, Anderson, Tomac.

Bagget is a bit inconsistent at times. I think Anderson is a gamer and he's been riding pretty good. Anderson and Bagget both having some ups and downs this year but I prefer Anderson right now for a one off race.
es337
7/23/2017 12:17pm
I can't disagree with that. What I can say though is that Anderson put team USA in a bad position heading into the final moto last...
I can't disagree with that. What I can say though is that Anderson put team USA in a bad position heading into the final moto last year. So much so that we lost, while in 2011 the team got the job done. That's all that matters.

I'm not saying BB should go over JA but I do feel that you gotta take the best rider this year while also taking into account the track type. Their history at the event isn't enough to sway the vote either direction in my opinion.
what are you talking about? how did ja put the team in a bad position? by winning the moto
ATKpilot99
7/23/2017 12:19pm
es337 wrote:
what are you talking about? how did ja put the team in a bad position? by winning the moto
Rolling over the finish and getting landed on putting him out of the event. Many lay the blame on him for that.
es337
7/23/2017 12:21pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Rolling over the finish and getting landed on putting him out of the event. Many lay the blame on him for that.
which is ridiculous
philG
7/23/2017 12:22pm
Baggett has never ridden an MxoN and not got lapped in both races.
Acidreamer
7/23/2017 12:24pm
No eu rider is going to even compete with tomac. Tomac bagget and osborne is the dream team.
tcallahan707
7/23/2017 12:37pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
es337 wrote:
which is ridiculous
I'm not interested in starting a debate over fault here. I don't blame JA for not foreseeing what happened. The fact is that he DNS'd a moto. That was extremely harmful to our team.
ATKpilot99
7/23/2017 12:43pm
I'm not interested in starting a debate over fault here. I don't blame JA for not foreseeing what happened. The fact is that he DNS'd a...
I'm not interested in starting a debate over fault here. I don't blame JA for not foreseeing what happened. The fact is that he DNS'd a moto. That was extremely harmful to our team.
Yeah . I think the win was in the bag if he could ride.
Flip109
7/23/2017 12:52pm
Yeah Ima go Tomac, ando, and Zach as our best shot. Anderson needs another chance to jump the damn finish line lol
defeatist45
7/23/2017 12:58pm
Isn't that the plan every year, to send the best riders?
philG
7/23/2017 1:00pm
Acidreamer wrote:
No eu rider is going to even compete with tomac. Tomac bagget and osborne is the dream team.
Your username tells us all we need to know.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
7/23/2017 1:04pm
MXdN is 5 weeks after our last national and 2 weeks before Monster Cup.

Whoever we end up sending, I suppose they just don't get an off season this year?
Prntscrn
7/23/2017 1:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 1:08pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
es337 wrote:
which is ridiculous
It's not really. Stupid decision. Good thing is he came out somewhat okey after it and probably won't make that very same mistake again

I'd say a team of Tomac, Zach and Bagget/Anderson would be a slight favorite, but not by much. A healthy french team will put up a good fight
bvm111
7/23/2017 1:09pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
es337 wrote:
which is ridiculous
I'm not interested in starting a debate over fault here. I don't blame JA for not foreseeing what happened. The fact is that he DNS'd a...
Do the letters F O mean anything to you?

Seriously?

He gets landed on and you are laying blame at his feet for the DNS?

Seriously?

Holy cow this place just reached a new low?

Seriously?!
tcallahan707
7/23/2017 1:17pm
es337 wrote:
which is ridiculous
bvm111 wrote:
Do the letters F O mean anything to you? Seriously? He gets landed on and you are laying blame at his feet for the DNS? Seriously...
Do the letters F O mean anything to you?

Seriously?

He gets landed on and you are laying blame at his feet for the DNS?

Seriously?

Holy cow this place just reached a new low?

Seriously?!
I literally said I don't blame him. Try again.
7/23/2017 1:30pm
Yes he's won the event, but his results put team USA in a not so good position going into the final moto. Team USA won that...
I can't disagree with that. What I can say though is that Anderson put team USA in a bad position heading into the final moto last...

Good point with the track, Baggett is great on hard pack and I believe Matterly is extremely hard packed. Although I will say that their history at the event is one of the biggest factors IMO, it's such a unique event to what any US riders are used to I don't think it's a good idea to risk sending someone who's shown they don't perform that well on that stage. Blake's best finish at the race is 6th (which is actually very good for a 250 in Lommel I think) but other than that he's been outside the top ten every time.

I'm not saying Blake shouldn't go, he's the second best 450 rider right now in the US IMO and would probably do well if he was chosen. I just think right now, especially with Blake's injury, Anderson is the better pick in my opinion. Not to mention I believe Anderson put team USA in the best position they've been in in awhile by winning that moto, they had a guy not race one of his motos at all and almost won the whole thing still.
agn5009
7/23/2017 1:40pm
Tomac, Osborne and Baggett or Anderson is a great team. I hope they're all healthy and can go. Especially Tomac.

Post a reply to: USA better send our best riders!!

The Latest