USA at the MXDN.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2017 6:02 AM

After the display put on by 84 yesterday (amazing), I see lots of "US ain't winning".

My opinion... JH84 is one guy. I think the US might have the deeper field... based on country. Keep in mind that the MXGP field gets broken up. So while they might have a couple faster guys overall, are they all from the same country?

Saying that, the MXDN is a team race and there are several countries, including the US, that can win.

|

8/27/2017 6:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/27/2017 6:14 AM

As a single country the US still has a very strong team, a lot of the fans bunch up the GP riders as 'those Euros' but there aren't many/if any single countries that have a team of front runners

|

8/27/2017 6:22 AM

ga_pike wrote:

After the display put on by 84 yesterday (amazing), I see lots of "US ain't winning".

My opinion... JH84 is one guy. I think the US might have the deeper field... based on country. Keep in mind that the MXGP field gets broken up. So while they might have a couple faster guys overall, are they all from the same country?

Saying that, the MXDN is a team race and there are several countries, including the US, that can win.

An individual moto win at MXoN is only worth one more point than second place, compared to 3 more points in MXGP so in that respect you're right. The emphasis is on the sum total of the 3 rider's finishes.

|

8/27/2017 7:43 AM

Not shitting on you, but I haven't seen any 'USA ain't winning' because of yesterday. In fact most people on here will still put USA top 3 somewhere even before the gate drops just for the reasons you state.
There is a good 5 or 6 teams that can win so it should be a belter smile

|

8/27/2017 8:48 AM

rompin87 wrote:

Not shitting on you, but I haven't seen any 'USA ain't winning' because of yesterday. In fact most people on here will still put USA top 3 somewhere even before the gate drops just for the reasons you state.
There is a good 5 or 6 teams that can win so it should be a belter smile

True but "on paper", who else than Herlings can bring only 2 or 3 points to his team ?
If he does so, I reckon Coldenhoff and Bogers are able to bring top 10 complementary results, which in such a deep field would probably seal the deal for Netherlands (unless Paturel recovers well enough to have France score a series of top 5 results).

|

8/27/2017 8:52 AM

Seely has been riding rock solid as of late. It's obvious he's focused. I can see him finishing with a top 5 in whatever races he rides. Osborne is the fastest 250F rider in the world right now and should finish on the podium or win outright. To me, it all comes down to Covington executing and getting a podium finish(s). No reason to think the US can't win this team event. Sure, it's going to be difficult, it always is now these days. But we have riders with the ability to podium and get wins, no reason not to expect a very strong showing. JMHO

|

8/27/2017 8:54 AM

We're dead in the water

|

8/27/2017 9:02 AM

Who's the alternate for team USA in case someone comes up with a "injury" before the race weekend?

|

If you don't crash alot you just ain't going fast enough, Danny

8/27/2017 9:17 AM

TbonesPop wrote:

Seely has been riding rock solid as of late. It's obvious he's focused. I can see him finishing with a top 5 in whatever races he rides. Osborne is the fastest 250F rider in the world right now and should finish on the podium or win outright. To me, it all comes down to Covington executing and getting a podium finish(s). No reason to think the US can't win this team event. Sure, it's going to be difficult, it always is now these days. But we have riders with the ability to podium and get wins, no reason not to expect a very strong showing. JMHO

Why are you thinking Osborne is the fastest mx2 rider in the world?
I think Seewer, van Horenbeek ect. have other opinions.
He has improve himself no doubt , but if you win the Ama nationals mx2 title you'r are not automatically the fasted mx2 rider in the world.

|

8/27/2017 9:23 AM

Herlings passed Seely so fast he didn't even have time to wave.

|

If you don't crash alot you just ain't going fast enough, Danny

8/27/2017 9:28 AM

As long as nobody lands on our guys, we'll have a good race.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/27/2017 9:30 AM

yzjs7 wrote:

We're dead in the water

You're not having a good year, are you?

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/27/2017 9:40 AM

its a team effort , and all you need is some good results and a bit of luck ... dont need to win a moto to win the MXON
top 5 finishes gets you very close or even a win ... France had 29 points last year out of 5 results .. one is scrap

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

8/27/2017 9:46 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

As long as nobody lands on our guys, we'll have a good race.

This right here.

|

8/27/2017 2:00 PM

TbonesPop wrote:

Seely has been riding rock solid as of late. It's obvious he's focused. I can see him finishing with a top 5 in whatever races he rides. Osborne is the fastest 250F rider in the world right now and should finish on the podium or win outright. To me, it all comes down to Covington executing and getting a podium finish(s). No reason to think the US can't win this team event. Sure, it's going to be difficult, it always is now these days. But we have riders with the ability to podium and get wins, no reason not to expect a very strong showing. JMHO

alex69 wrote:

Why are you thinking Osborne is the fastest mx2 rider in the world?
I think Seewer, van Horenbeek ect. have other opinions.
He has improve himself no doubt , but if you win the Ama nationals mx2 title you'r are not automatically the fasted mx2 rider in the world.

Good question to TBonesPop. I've been a fan of Seewer's since I saw him pass Webb at last year's MXoN and have followed him closely this year. He isn't afraid to twist the throttle. Jorge Prado Garcia is still on his climb in the sport too,

|

8/27/2017 2:53 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

As long as nobody lands on our guys, we'll have a good race.

downard254 wrote:

This right here.

See your Avi/Nicky logo? You're gonna see it again when the 450 Shootout debuts in a few weeks!

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/27/2017 2:54 PM

The problem is people look at Europe combined when comparing the US riders. Yes the US team has not won in years but they have the best average finish. No single country has placed higher over the years.

|