USA Not Going To MXoN

agn5008
Fantasy
256th
9/4/2021 6:54am
109 wrote:
The fact USA is sending a B team (puerto Rico) with essentially 3 privateers but can’t send an A team with the financial might of major...
The fact USA is sending a B team (puerto Rico) with essentially 3 privateers but can’t send an A team with the financial might of major Manufacturers, energy drinks, riders that make 7 figures ++ a year and the AMA with over 200,000 members and 1,100 clubs is nothing short of embarrassing.

They didn’t skip the ISDE also in Italy did they?

Nope. And those riders who are racing the ISDE (in the middle of their respective series) make far less money than most of the top 15 guys in moto.

Why do guys in other disciplines still have pride? Why aren’t we sending a team? I’d really love an actual answer instead of some bull shit PR that makes no sense.

This is pathetic. I don’t care what anyone says. A couple guys who make peanuts in this sport can go represent PR but no one is willing to represent USA? Throw the American flag on their bikes. I’d love to have Schock, Sipes and Masterpool represent us. There’s something more to this story than what they’re telling us.
Hi Side
9/4/2021 7:00am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2021 7:01am
109 wrote:
The fact USA is sending a B team (puerto Rico) with essentially 3 privateers but can’t send an A team with the financial might of major...
The fact USA is sending a B team (puerto Rico) with essentially 3 privateers but can’t send an A team with the financial might of major Manufacturers, energy drinks, riders that make 7 figures ++ a year and the AMA with over 200,000 members and 1,100 clubs is nothing short of embarrassing.

They didn’t skip the ISDE also in Italy did they?

davistld01 wrote:
You left out one appropriate comment: [b]BULLSHIT.[/b] They say it's all about the money...but it's all about nobody giving a damn enough to make the sacrifices...
You left out one appropriate comment: BULLSHIT.

They say it's all about the money...but it's all about nobody giving a damn enough to make the sacrifices that basically every other country is willing to make. I know it's not popular to say, but it's damned un-American, and damned un-Patriotic.
This is pretty much what I wanted to type in my previous post but I refrained. The riders are inconvenienced by it and that's basically it in a nut shell. It's far easier for them to write the names of 13 fallen US troops on their boots or have some patriotic graphics slapped on their bike for the weekend. It's a PR thing but when it comes time for them to make a small sacrifice for their country (by riding their damn dirt bike) they don't want any part of it.
DonM
9/4/2021 7:24am
Mit12 wrote:
Our riders have a chance to win a million for one nights work in their back yard, why would they want to go over seas and...
Our riders have a chance to win a million for one nights work in their back yard, why would they want to go over seas and risk injury for a bragging rights race? Make the purse for winning the MXoN worth 3 million to the team that wins and we will get our best to show up and try. Until then we will never get our best to go!
Where can the US guys make a million for one race? The Monster Cup has been dead for two years and isn’t coming back…
wicksy85
Fantasy
1579th
9/4/2021 8:04am
CPR wrote:
When did competing at MXdN become about the financial risk?
Brad460 wrote:
Australian MXoN team not allowed to leave their houses…

The only racing in Australia is QLD

I don't see an issue with countries not willing to go, massive fuck around if something does happen with Covid thats for sure, not worth the risk this year and either way it won't be stacked with all the MXGP riders pulling out

The Shop

ATKpilot99
9/4/2021 8:10am
CPR wrote:
Brad460 wrote:

wicksy85 wrote:
The only racing in Australia is QLD I don't see an issue with countries not willing to go, massive fuck around if something does happen with...

I don't see an issue with countries not willing to go, massive fuck around if something does happen with Covid thats for sure, not worth the risk this year and either way it won't be stacked with all the MXGP riders pulling out
Your level headed and reasonable viewpoint is not welcome here.
kb228
9/4/2021 8:21am
Now its just another mxgp race
Spudnut
9/4/2021 9:58am
I’m just sad. So who’s on team PR? Schock and who else?
Sipes and Masterpool. They’re not the heroes we wanted....they’re the heroes we needed
DonM
9/4/2021 10:01am
kb228 wrote:
Now its just another mxgp race
Not even…it will have more top MXGP regulars missing than Pala has 450 guys this weekend….
CPR
9/4/2021 10:45am
CPR wrote:
Brad460 wrote:

wicksy85 wrote:
The only racing in Australia is QLD I don't see an issue with countries not willing to go, massive fuck around if something does happen with...

Team Australia would have been the Lawrence brothers and Mitch Evans if available, or Jed Beaton if not.
Considering the Lawrence’s are in the US and Evans and Beaton are in Europe, the Covid situation in Australia has zero to do with it.
9/4/2021 11:29am
I’m just sad. So who’s on team PR? Schock and who else?
Spudnut wrote:
Sipes and Masterpool. They’re not the heroes we wanted....they’re the heroes we needed
Let’s go!! I love that team 🇺🇸
SCC
9/4/2021 11:55am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2021 11:56am
Should have held the race in the usa this year during covid where you don’t need to wear a mask, be vaccinated or in general gaf.
Johnny Depp
9/4/2021 12:03pm
The promoter assumes most of the blame here, and the FIM who licenses him and the AMA. The business model is flawed in several ways. Blaming the rider's is a cop out. Politics as usual. Time for a new leader.
Johnny Depp
9/4/2021 12:04pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2021 12:04pm
Looking at the woke Olympics also, they are a shell of their former self. Get woke go broke.
line-up
9/4/2021 12:29pm
according to Team USA manager Roger DeCoster, who I just spoke to here at Fox Raceway. "But with Justin still out and now Chase not feeling well, who else can we send? Bobby Regan always supports the event, but he can't this year because they are moving shop, and Kawasaki is also not in a place where they can support it. We would be reaching outside the top ten for 450 riders."
SCC
9/4/2021 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2021 12:59pm
line-up wrote:
according to Team USA manager Roger DeCoster, who I just spoke to here at Fox Raceway. "But with Justin still out and now Chase not feeling...
according to Team USA manager Roger DeCoster, who I just spoke to here at Fox Raceway. "But with Justin still out and now Chase not feeling well, who else can we send? Bobby Regan always supports the event, but he can't this year because they are moving shop, and Kawasaki is also not in a place where they can support it. We would be reaching outside the top ten for 450 riders."
So what? Send the best available healthy riders that want to represent the USA. If we take 25th so what? That’s just who we are as a country compared to the world then. Now what? We only go when we can win lol? Cowardly piss weak excuse. What are the names of the individuals responsible for this decision?
9/4/2021 12:49pm
line-up wrote:
according to Team USA manager Roger DeCoster, who I just spoke to here at Fox Raceway. "But with Justin still out and now Chase not feeling...
DeCoster needs to look no further than his own team: Cooper Webb. Add in Savatgy and Mosiman. That's not a bad team given all else.
agn5008
Fantasy
256th
9/4/2021 1:04pm
line-up wrote:
DeCoster needs to look no further than his own team: Cooper Webb. Add in Savatgy and Mosiman. That's not a bad team given all else.
Cooper Webb, Justin Barcia and Michael Mosiman, Forkner, Vohland or about any other 250 rider. Not many teams have all guys who can podium. We would be just fine (maybe not win, but have a solid showing) with a bunch of combinations of different guys. Hell, send Savatgy or a ogle. It doesn’t matter. It’s a stupid excuse and pretty pathetic. I’ve never been one to say Decoster needs to move on from managing our team. I’ve always defended him and said he deserves to be the manager. Now? Not so much.
bdub
9/4/2021 2:02pm
CPR wrote:
And that opinion right there is what is wrong with the AMA moto scene. I just hope that the riders don’t feel the same way. MXdN...
And that opinion right there is what is wrong with the AMA moto scene.
I just hope that the riders don’t feel the same way.

MXdN is, and always has been, about pride, passion, competitiveness, skill and a little bit of luck.
Not, and hopefully never, about money.
Unless you are the promoter…
wicksy85
Fantasy
1579th
9/4/2021 3:47pm
Brad460 wrote:

wicksy85 wrote:

CPR wrote:
Team Australia would have been the Lawrence brothers and Mitch Evans if available, or Jed Beaton if not. Considering the Lawrence’s are in the US and...
Team Australia would have been the Lawrence brothers and Mitch Evans if available, or Jed Beaton if not.
Considering the Lawrence’s are in the US and Evans and Beaton are in Europe, the Covid situation in Australia has zero to do with it.
It's a shame Evans isn't riding yet you could easily have
Evans, Beaton and Malkiewicz they are all in Europe
CPR
9/4/2021 7:29pm
wicksy85 wrote:

CPR wrote:
Team Australia would have been the Lawrence brothers and Mitch Evans if available, or Jed Beaton if not. Considering the Lawrence’s are in the US and...
wicksy85 wrote:
It's a shame Evans isn't riding yet you could easily have
Evans, Beaton and Malkiewicz they are all in Europe
Absolutely, Australia is in the same position as the US; could have sent a team if they really wanted to.
Pretty pathetic in my opinion.
Ti
9/4/2021 11:17pm
Ti wrote:
I have to ask..... where is the money coming from to send Team Puerto Rico??????
?????????????
lestat
9/5/2021 6:49am
This will become the new normal . If the USA riders don’t think they can win , there will not be a team showing up . Just like it was back in the late seventies . It’s come full circle .
keinz
9/5/2021 2:47pm
There is nothing more to say than go Cody,
The man who still has personal pride, balls and no excuses.
9/5/2021 5:02pm
This thing is supposed to be about pride in ones nation! Not some convenience thing. Just like the vast majority of US Olympic athletes gain nothing financially by going they still go because it’s supposed to be an honor to represent your team. There are guys that would kill to go represent there nation on the track but because we can’t get exactly the terms we want when we want it we pull our team? Just bad sportsmanship in my opinion.
9/5/2021 11:23pm
I guess, when you know you're going to get your ass so convincingly whipped... I'd not go too! Americans seem to think they're the best best best. MXoN simply would show the current standard. Top 10 for USA, maybe not even that.
Best to stay home. Monster Cup is coming, straight rhythm... Just do these, let the big boys play in Italy. ;-)
Sawfish
9/6/2021 4:20am
Uhhhhhhhh is someone gonna tell him?
DonM
9/6/2021 7:15am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
You can't possibly be that stupid, can you?
Have you seen his other posts….Laughing
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/6/2021 7:24am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
You can't possibly be that stupid, can you?
DonM wrote:
Have you seen his other posts….Laughing
Yeah, so he might be after all. Grinning

Post a reply to: USA Not Going To MXoN

The Latest