USA Not Going To MXoN

ti473
9/3/2021 6:36pm
Well not that it matters anymore, but sexton just announced that he's out of Pala (and maybe Hangtown) with an enlarged spleen. Barcia is still out, Plessinger questionable, everyone else is out of not able to go, so who would we even send at this point?
visser62
9/3/2021 6:40pm
mxb2 wrote:
Yep, now post titles last 5 years.
Go look at the last nine MXoN results
Press516
Fantasy
90th
9/3/2021 6:40pm
ti473 wrote:
Well not that it matters anymore, but sexton just announced that he's out of Pala (and maybe Hangtown) with an enlarged spleen. Barcia is still out...
Well not that it matters anymore, but sexton just announced that he's out of Pala (and maybe Hangtown) with an enlarged spleen. Barcia is still out, Plessinger questionable, everyone else is out of not able to go, so who would we even send at this point?
Barcia is expected back and Webb has always been looked at as the alternate. Doesn't matter anyways, USA is out...
tydog
9/3/2021 6:44pm
davistld01 wrote:
At least Team Puerto Rico will have three hungry USA riders that want to ride!
Bravo. Want being the keyword

The Shop

CPR
9/3/2021 6:51pm
CPR wrote:
When did competing at MXdN become about the financial risk?
Brad460 wrote:
Australian MXoN team not allowed to leave their houses…

What you talking about Brad?
RMT
9/3/2021 7:06pm
DonM wrote:
Why does every thread have to be ruined by vax speak?….I don’t give a f@#k what your opinion is and you don’t give a F@#k what...
Why does every thread have to be ruined by vax speak?….I don’t give a f@#k what your opinion is and you don’t give a F@#k what I think and nobody is going to change anyone’s mind but you fools continue to argue and push your BS on all of us…just stop and talk dirt bikes again….please…
Dude, you are so right. I fell for it and shot out a reply in this thread and then just now went back and deleted it.
No need to keep rehashing this BS. Seriously, Thanks
mxb2
9/3/2021 7:45pm
mxb2 wrote:
visser62 wrote:
Look at total mxon wins.
steezenation
9/3/2021 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2021 7:51pm
yz133rider wrote:
If USA isn’t sending a team. Shock sipes and masterpool should be the USA team.

Why not? That’s a damn good team too.
Curious if this is possible? 3 guys from the US who have never lived in Puerto Rico can claim to be Team Puerto Rico because no one else does and they have citizenship, why can’t they claim to be Team USA if no one else does? Wonder if they are even going to go, given the new restrictions.
ktmdan
9/3/2021 8:17pm
gti wrote:
The fact that most riders and personal are not willing to vaccinate most likely sealed the deal.
DaveB771 wrote:
This year's team never had a shot.
Your pun did not go unnoticed
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
9/3/2021 8:48pm
gti wrote:
The fact that most riders and personal are not willing to vaccinate most likely sealed the deal.
DaveB771 wrote:
ktmdan wrote:
Agreed.
Sharp that DaveB771 is; he definitely has a point.
Mit12
9/3/2021 11:14pm
Our riders have a chance to win a million for one nights work in their back yard, why would they want to go over seas and risk injury for a bragging rights race? Make the purse for winning the MXoN worth 3 million to the team that wins and we will get our best to show up and try. Until then we will never get our best to go!
CPR
9/3/2021 11:43pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2021 11:45pm
Mit12 wrote:
Our riders have a chance to win a million for one nights work in their back yard, why would they want to go over seas and...
Our riders have a chance to win a million for one nights work in their back yard, why would they want to go over seas and risk injury for a bragging rights race? Make the purse for winning the MXoN worth 3 million to the team that wins and we will get our best to show up and try. Until then we will never get our best to go!
And that opinion right there is what is wrong with the AMA moto scene.
I just hope that the riders don’t feel the same way.

MXdN is, and always has been, about pride, passion, competitiveness, skill and a little bit of luck.
Not, and hopefully never, about money.
Nighttrain
9/3/2021 11:46pm
mxb2 wrote:
visser62 wrote:
It’s true, MXGP riders have significantly surpassed US MX in skills. 90% of US fans under 40 years old could give a sh*t about MXoN. For better or worse it’s the truth. They only follow SX.
Spudnut
9/3/2021 11:57pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2021 12:00am
mxb2 wrote:
visser62 wrote:
Nighttrain wrote:
It’s true, MXGP riders have significantly surpassed US MX in skills. 90% of US fans under 40 years old could give a sh*t about MXoN. For...
It’s true, MXGP riders have significantly surpassed US MX in skills. 90% of US fans under 40 years old could give a sh*t about MXoN. For better or worse it’s the truth. They only follow SX.
90%? Hell no.....I know a lot of guys my age that get fully torqued over nationals and MXoN.... just because there’s less of us don’t mean were any less “Core” Than you guys that watched Hannah Johnson and Stanton clean house. Don’t forget that we grew up watching Ricky bubba emig and MC do the same thing..

Fans under 25... maybe...fans under 20... definetly all those kids care about is looking cool on “the gram” and “dope edits”bro.

Don’t lump us 30-40 year olds in with that crowd please and stay the hell off my lawn
Spudnut
9/4/2021 12:02am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2021 12:05am
Whoever decided to not send a team is a bajina

Star Racing? Bajinas
Monster kawi? Bajinas
That random dude on vital that thinks team USA made the right call? Bajina
JMed651
9/4/2021 12:21am
DaveB771 wrote:
ktmdan wrote:
Agreed.
Sharp that DaveB771 is; he definitely has a point.
He definitely has a point. I’m not gonna let it get under my skin though.
9/4/2021 12:27am
The fact USA is sending a B team (puerto Rico) with essentially 3 privateers but can’t send an A team with the financial might of major Manufacturers, energy drinks, riders that make 7 figures ++ a year and the AMA with over 200,000 members and 1,100 clubs is nothing short of embarrassing.

They didn’t skip the ISDE also in Italy did they?

Sc2
9/4/2021 1:10am
If they really wanted to go, I'm sure they would

"Where's there a will, there's away "

Shame though, for me personally I was one of them that use to be about seeing the USA (the best at the time) against the rest, but as time as evolved, life goes on with out them.. Still a shame
Rad76
9/4/2021 1:18am
109 wrote:
The fact USA is sending a B team (puerto Rico) with essentially 3 privateers but can’t send an A team with the financial might of major...
The fact USA is sending a B team (puerto Rico) with essentially 3 privateers but can’t send an A team with the financial might of major Manufacturers, energy drinks, riders that make 7 figures ++ a year and the AMA with over 200,000 members and 1,100 clubs is nothing short of embarrassing.

Regulations changed this week.
Creiz
9/4/2021 1:28am
If they really wanted they could get it done. But lets not blame covid, when its obvious its "we dont want to get crushed ANOTHER year in a row"
Ti
9/4/2021 1:44am
I have to ask..... where is the money coming from to send Team Puerto Rico??????
SCC
9/4/2021 1:50am
ti473 wrote:
Well not that it matters anymore, but sexton just announced that he's out of Pala (and maybe Hangtown) with an enlarged spleen. Barcia is still out...
Same as every other country. Our best riders that are healthy at the time of the event and want to go.

This year that might have been A-ray, Bogle and Forkner but alas we couldn't pull together the cash to go.
ajv#26
9/4/2021 2:02am
109 wrote:
The fact USA is sending a B team (puerto Rico) with essentially 3 privateers but can’t send an A team with the financial might of major...

This!
Hi Side
9/4/2021 5:34am
I'm sure the issues are many as to why the US isn't fielding a team but the excuses are growing old. I can remember when riders were begging to go and carry the Stars and Stripes. Now, they seem to avoid it no matter what. I guess I miss the days when we had racers that took pride in their country and wanted to represent it to the best of their ability. I'm sure its inconvenient for the racers and the teams but damn...
9/4/2021 5:48am
Hi Side wrote:
I'm sure the issues are many as to why the US isn't fielding a team but the excuses are growing old. I can remember when riders...
I'm sure the issues are many as to why the US isn't fielding a team but the excuses are growing old. I can remember when riders were begging to go and carry the Stars and Stripes. Now, they seem to avoid it no matter what. I guess I miss the days when we had racers that took pride in their country and wanted to represent it to the best of their ability. I'm sure its inconvenient for the racers and the teams but damn...
I agree. It seems the lack of interest in the MXoN coincides with the U.S.A. team losing the last 11 years. It's quite embarrassing to be frank.
mxb2
9/4/2021 5:54am
Mit12 wrote:
Our riders have a chance to win a million for one nights work in their back yard, why would they want to go over seas and...
CPR wrote:
And that opinion right there is what is wrong with the AMA moto scene. I just hope that the riders don’t feel the same way. MXdN...
And that opinion right there is what is wrong with the AMA moto scene.
I just hope that the riders don’t feel the same way.

MXdN is, and always has been, about pride, passion, competitiveness, skill and a little bit of luck.
Not, and hopefully never, about money.
Well, why are some mxgp title contenders not racing the mxon then? $$. For the chance of a title. Which equals more money. If it wasnt about their title ,$. They. Would be racing it.
davistld01
9/4/2021 6:33am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2021 6:33am
109 wrote:

You left out one appropriate comment: BULLSHIT.

They say it's all about the money...but it's all about nobody giving a damn enough to make the sacrifices that basically every other country is willing to make. I know it's not popular to say, but it's damned un-American, and damned un-Patriotic.

Post a reply to: USA Not Going To MXoN

The Latest