89th
6/30/2019 12:54am
AB#81 wrote:
I think Southwick showed who should be on it,

Tomac
Osbourne
Cinciarulo

Looking like USAs best Sand riders at the moment
How many more times does it have to be discussed before ppl stop thinking Tomac will be participating this year. HE'S NOT, so stop including him in the discussion. I'd like to be wrong but 1. He's by no means our strongest guy at the event. 2. Kawi has said they don't want to go/fund it. I'd rather have someone like Barcia who will and has literally rode his heart out than Tomac who has some kinda mind boggling issues. And fyi to take it outta the discussion too, AC won't be going either.
Rotaholic
6/30/2019 1:31am
Awesome racing today, but without starting a shit fight, that's not a sand track anything like what's MXON will be, they will get swallowed up and spat out.

The Shop

Motofinne
6/30/2019 1:34am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2019 1:36am
Tomac is not going. I'm so surprised that this many actually think he will be going.

Osborne
Anderson (or Barcia)
Baby Jesus

That is a very good team that is capable of getting a good result.
Ericrob7
6/30/2019 2:21am
For sure Tomac isn't going.
peltier626
6/30/2019 5:45am
The enigma that is Tomac would be behind osborne, anderson and webb, and Adam Chinchilla on the two fiddys.
6/30/2019 5:45am
AB#81 wrote:

Tomac
Osbourne
Cinciarulo

That's a strong team! I'm not ready to write off Team USA just yet. France are looking super strong, Belgium also, but if those three show up with their A-game then they're at least strong podium contenders.
6/30/2019 6:03am
AB#81 wrote:

Tomac
Osbourne
Cinciarulo

That's a strong team! I'm not ready to write off Team USA just yet. France are looking super strong, Belgium also, but if those three show...
That's a strong team! I'm not ready to write off Team USA just yet. France are looking super strong, Belgium also, but if those three show up with their A-game then they're at least strong podium contenders.
You say Belgium will be strong, remember Desalle is out, that leaves Geerts for MX2, Van Horebeek in MX1 or Open. Who else have they got, Van Donnick. Not as strong as it could be.
MudPup545
6/30/2019 6:05am
Who cares. A loss is a loss.
I care. I love the Des Nations and believe it to be the biggest, best and most prestiges motocross event of the year. I love the traditions and coming together of people from around the world for the common love of motocross. Win or lose we need to be there and give it our best effort.
agn5009
6/30/2019 6:36am
AB#81 wrote:

Tomac
Osbourne
Cinciarulo

mwilcox349 wrote:
How many more times does it have to be discussed before ppl stop thinking Tomac will be participating this year. HE'S NOT, so stop including him...
How many more times does it have to be discussed before ppl stop thinking Tomac will be participating this year. HE'S NOT, so stop including him in the discussion. I'd like to be wrong but 1. He's by no means our strongest guy at the event. 2. Kawi has said they don't want to go/fund it. I'd rather have someone like Barcia who will and has literally rode his heart out than Tomac who has some kinda mind boggling issues. And fyi to take it outta the discussion too, AC won't be going either.
So because you read something on the internet one time that means he’s absolutely not going? Or are you Tomac’s masseuse and he directly told you while giving him a rub down?

Seriously. Do you even remember where you read that info? Which vital all star said he ain’t going which resulted in you latching onto that statement and running with it like you’re in the know?
agn5009
6/30/2019 7:45am
Can you show me that? Who exactly is “Kawi?” When has he said he wasn’t sending bikes for Eli?

Do you think if
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
6/30/2019 7:54am
Over/under a USA MxDN thread pops up 25 times until the actual picks.
AB#81
6/30/2019 8:07am
AB#81 wrote:

Tomac
Osbourne
Cinciarulo

mwilcox349 wrote:
How many more times does it have to be discussed before ppl stop thinking Tomac will be participating this year. HE'S NOT, so stop including him...
I've seen an interview or two with eli saying he would love redemption and a recent AC video saying he Hope's he goes, plus Kawaski Europe may sort them out with bikes for the event without having to ship any over, with them bringing suspension
Crush
6/30/2019 8:11am Edited Date/Time 6/30/2019 6:43pm
Don’t think that was the quote. Or that there was one. Matthes did say he’d had a private convo with Sternjstrom who voiced his displeasure of the event... but that’s not not going.
Ray_MXS
6/30/2019 8:24am
Even though US Kawi doesn't wanna send bikes to des Nations (screw those guys btw), I'm sure KRT can be the better man and provide a bike for Eli on site. Ask Kawasaki Japan if they want their highest paid motocross athlete to be at the most prestigious race of the year.... Exactly.

If Eli wants to go, they'll find a way.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
6/30/2019 9:39am
If Eli "wants" to go, how can you tell him no? The guy is pulling down about $5M/yr, take your own damn bike over and ride the race if you want to. He's a competitor and I would hope Redbud 2018 is still stinging. But if he "wants" it and is the top US rider in points, you have to take him. But only if he wants it. Behind him, Osborne is a no brainer. The next two would be between Webb and Anderson, both are solid choices and tremendous competitors. You know both of them would "Represent" like a badass. In the 250s, gotta go with AC. If he can't go, you gotta take the 2nd american in the points race (assuming they are healthy).
KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
6/30/2019 12:19pm
Is AC going to want to keep riding a 250 for 6 more weeks when he is moving to 450s next season?
agn5009
6/30/2019 4:27pm
I never once said Eli will go. I hope he goes but he’s backed out before. So no, I won’t bet on it.

Once again, show me where this “kawie” figure has said they won’t send anything for Eli if he wants to do it. You won’t because you can’t.

I’ll show you where Eli has said he would like to do the event and get some redemption. So, with me just being the every day average Joe who loves this sport, who am I supposed to believe? Some dude off the internet who has created this mythical human or thing named “kawie” or words which came straight from Eli Tomac’s mouth?

You can’t even name a legit person who has supposedly said this. You literally saw a post on vital where someone has said Kawasaki won’t let Eli go and you’ve run with that. You’re making stuff up, and I’m fine with that. This is a forum and people do it all the time. But the way you state things as a fact is kind of pathetic.
Scull79
6/30/2019 5:44pm
Depending on how the rest of the nationals go and assuming Tomac and AC don’t go, I think this should be the team. Starts will be crucial.
Osborne
Webb
Cooper

If Kawi does send their guys then
Tomac
Osborne
AC
SlasherMcGee
6/30/2019 5:55pm
Osborne, Anderson, Hampshire.

I can't see AC spending another month on a 250 when he needs to be practicing on the 450 for SX. RJ is underrated in the sand.
Nighttrain
6/30/2019 5:57pm
Park Boys wrote:
Over/under a USA MxDN thread pops up 25 times until the actual picks.
I’ll double down on the Over line.
Nuffsaid
6/30/2019 6:33pm
Using Kawa as the scapegoat works out fine for an excuse
6/30/2019 6:56pm
Danny magoo is rolling over in his grave right now. USA riders effort and attitude about it is pathetic. "O boo we're not the fastest anymore so let's not even bother showing up"

I think decoster should send
Zach Osborne
Jason Anderson
Cooper Webb (is bumping down to mx2 legal for mxdn?)

All 3 have won motos against the mxgp guys on normal conditions, and they looked solid yesterday even though it's hardly a comparison to assen
kpiper
6/30/2019 7:41pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2019 7:43pm
Danny magoo is rolling over in his grave right now. USA riders effort and attitude about it is pathetic. "O boo we're not the fastest anymore...
Danny magoo is rolling over in his grave right now. USA riders effort and attitude about it is pathetic. "O boo we're not the fastest anymore so let's not even bother showing up"

Zach Osborne
Jason Anderson

All 3 have won motos against the mxgp guys on normal conditions, and they looked solid yesterday even though it's hardly a comparison to assen
Roger has done it before with the ALL Honda team. So who knows. KTM/Husky can field a great team all on their own and build even more brand loyalty with riders here in the USA.

But I think Tomac is going. He is running out of time to get his desired "redemption". I could see him not going only if something happens and he does not win the title this summer.

And I support Roger staying team manager as long as he wants to. The USA owes him that for all he did in prior years.
Nuffsaid
6/30/2019 8:14pm
Danny magoo is rolling over in his grave right now. USA riders effort and attitude about it is pathetic. "O boo we're not the fastest anymore...

Zach Osborne
Jason Anderson

kpiper wrote:
Roger has done it before with the ALL Honda team. So who knows. KTM/Husky can field a great team all on their own and build even...
Roger has done it before with the ALL Honda team. So who knows. KTM/Husky can field a great team all on their own and build even more brand loyalty with riders here in the USA.

But I think Tomac is going. He is running out of time to get his desired "redemption". I could see him not going only if something happens and he does not win the title this summer.

And I support Roger staying team manager as long as he wants to. The USA owes him that for all he did in prior years.
Like losing 7 in a row?
kpiper
6/30/2019 8:23pm

Zach Osborne
Jason Anderson

kpiper wrote:
Roger has done it before with the ALL Honda team. So who knows. KTM/Husky can field a great team all on their own and build even...

Nuffsaid wrote:
Like losing 7 in a row?
You mean with Roger? Do you know his record? The history of the event? Without him, we may have never even won. Team USA was basically done until he turned it all around.

Started with 13 wins in a row. Roger stood tall leading the American team, took a lot of grief for it and produced incredible results. Yea, we owe him a lot.
Mit12
6/30/2019 8:34pm
Anderson, Osborne and Adam.
Or
Webb, Anderson and Adam.

Post a reply to: USA MOXN Team?

The Latest