USA Going To MXdN

Ranman68
7/5/2021 11:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2021 11:32pm
It's still a ways off. You never know....Barcia may start battling up front again, Webb may get better, or someone like Sexton or AP gets hurt by the end of this outdoor season. Personally, i have all the faith in the world in Barcia as well as Cooper Webb if they want to race the mxon. They are fighters and we came extremely close to winning the mxon both times we had Webb on the team. Barcia won an mxon moto in 2016. Webb battled the world champ hard in 2015 and ran top 5 at 2016 mxon. We had 2016 mxon in the bag if Anderson hadnt gotten hurt. Webb kicked major ass at usgp events in 2015 and 2016. Regardless of outdoor results right now, I believe those two guys will perform at an mxon event. In the same token, I have faith in Plessinger as well as Sexton because they have the raw speed needed. Hell, i wouldnt be afraid of Craig being on the team. The dude is quick and smooth. That track....i can see Tomac being fast as f there and he wants redemption he said. Sure would be cool if that could happen. We've got enough fast guys that can win it with some decent luck. Look at the 2019 team who qualified 2nd in deep sand. With decent luck they could have done as well on race day. Luck, gate draw, etc play a huge role in that event. We just need some decent luck, 3 guys that want to win it and believe they can win it.
agn5008
Fantasy
317th
7/6/2021 12:24am
SCC wrote:
Watch the Maggiore GP. Clay. Hard pack. Rocks. Blue groove. Then rain. Huge elevation changes. More passing than Red Bud national for top spots. Real motocross...
Watch the Maggiore GP. Clay. Hard pack. Rocks. Blue groove. Then rain. Huge elevation changes. More passing than Red Bud national for top spots. Real motocross not chocolate cake prep. No wonder we have zero chance against the GP guys. Next week they have bottomless sand that makes southwick look like Carlsbad in comparison. Shits harder on the GP circuit. They don’t prep the track to appease the riders. They make it as hard as possible.
FlaNard wrote:
I firmly believe this is what has led to the GP’s surpassing us. They have to be able to bring it on a wide variety of...
I firmly believe this is what has led to the GP’s surpassing us. They have to be able to bring it on a wide variety of surfaces and conditions. It wasn’t so long ago that it was that way here. I remember when there were track surfaces that a guy like K-dub would be strong as hell on and RC would struggle even if he had just dominated the week before. Tire selection mattered. Who had better throttle control mattered. These days, although this year has been a bit better, it’s usually just the same track and prep from race to race. How we prep every track the same and expect our guys to be competitive on something totally different is beyond me. Until that changes we won’t win another MXDN.
I think it has a lot to do with our amateur program. These guys hanging out in the amateurs spanking everyone til they’re 20 doesn’t help develop them. The MXGP series having a class for the youngsters racing the same tracks has significantly helped develop them. Look how quickly these guys have been acclimating to the MX2 class. Meanwhile we think it’s amazing that a 20 year old who’s still racing Lorettas this year just took 9th in a moto at Red Bud.
bowl
7/6/2021 2:20am
Aus will have a big team this year! Duffy , Jet and ??
chump6784 wrote:
Luke Clout. Him and Duffy have been going back and forth this year in the Aus racing. But then you have guys like Jed Beaton and...
Luke Clout. Him and Duffy have been going back and forth this year in the Aus racing. But then you have guys like Jed Beaton and Wilson Todd already in Europe doing the GP's so they wouldn't be a bad choice either. Australia has a good chance to be up there this year
Hunter has already proved he his good at mxdn so there is no way I'd leave him off the team.
Jett ,hunter be on my team .

Jed, clout or duffy
chump6784
7/6/2021 2:45am
Aus will have a big team this year! Duffy , Jet and ??
chump6784 wrote:
Luke Clout. Him and Duffy have been going back and forth this year in the Aus racing. But then you have guys like Jed Beaton and...
Luke Clout. Him and Duffy have been going back and forth this year in the Aus racing. But then you have guys like Jed Beaton and Wilson Todd already in Europe doing the GP's so they wouldn't be a bad choice either. Australia has a good chance to be up there this year
bowl wrote:
Hunter has already proved he his good at mxdn so there is no way I'd leave him off the team. Jett ,hunter be on my team...
Hunter has already proved he his good at mxdn so there is no way I'd leave him off the team.

Jed, clout or duffy
I was thinking Hunter but currently Jett is the stronger of the two so IMO he gets the 250 ride. Not sure how Hunter would go on the 450 and both Clout and Duffy are 450 riders

The Shop

CPR
7/6/2021 3:00am
chump6784 wrote:
bowl wrote:
Hunter has already proved he his good at mxdn so there is no way I'd leave him off the team. Jett ,hunter be on my team...

Jed, clout or duffy
chump6784 wrote:
I was thinking Hunter but currently Jett is the stronger of the two so IMO he gets the 250 ride. Not sure how Hunter would go...
I was thinking Hunter but currently Jett is the stronger of the two so IMO he gets the 250 ride. Not sure how Hunter would go on the 450 and both Clout and Duffy are 450 riders
Jett at this stage is a given on the 250.
But, why not put Hunter in open on his 250 and then between Duffy and Clout on the 450? Of course Beaton is in the mix too.
At least there’s time to see how their form rolls on with the season……
Mavetism
7/6/2021 3:11am
chump6784 wrote:
bowl wrote:

Jed, clout or duffy
chump6784 wrote:
I was thinking Hunter but currently Jett is the stronger of the two so IMO he gets the 250 ride. Not sure how Hunter would go...
Hunter on a 250 > any other AUS rider on a 450.
4-8 in 2017 and 7-2 results in 2018.

Why is nobody mentioning Evans? If healthy he would be the obvious 450 choice no?
Motofinne
7/6/2021 3:37am
bowl wrote:

Jed, clout or duffy
chump6784 wrote:
Mavetism wrote:
Hunter on a 250 > any other AUS rider on a 450. 4-8 in 2017 and 7-2 results in 2018. Why is nobody mentioning Evans? If...

Why is nobody mentioning Evans? If healthy he would be the obvious 450 choice no?
By the sound of it, it might be awhile before Evans is fit and back up to speed.
Mavetism
7/6/2021 3:53am
chump6784 wrote:
Mavetism wrote:
Hunter on a 250 > any other AUS rider on a 450. 4-8 in 2017 and 7-2 results in 2018. Why is nobody mentioning Evans? If...

Motofinne wrote:
By the sound of it, it might be awhile before Evans is fit and back up to speed.
Just caught on his instagram that he is going for another wrist surgery, damn that sucks ass.
Johnny Ringo
7/6/2021 4:03am
Any rider switching teams, immediately scrub them from contention. This pretty much a fact, even Roczen took a pass in 2016 when he was the best...
Any rider switching teams, immediately scrub them from contention. This pretty much a fact, even Roczen took a pass in 2016 when he was the best rider in the world, as he was getting off a Suzuki and onto a Honda. So eliminate Tomac, Anderson and maybe Plessinger. There seems to be some contention about the Plessinger situation, that Yamaha is exercising its right of refusal and he may stay on a Yamaha. If that's the case then maybe he has a chance to ride MXoN. AC won't be going as it sounds like he will need surgery on his arm to re-position the nerve that has been giving him grief. Osborne is not coming back in time and his focus will be 100% SX.

So that does not leave a lot of guys from the top tier who could go on the 450. Maybe Plessinger, then Barcia, Sexton, Webb. I know Barcia is struggling a bit right now but he's a fighter and has always ridden well at MXoN. Webb has ridden well too, and that scar from 2016 is still irritating him but if he does not improve much he'll want to scrap MX and get ready for the SX defense. Sexton has incredible speed, but he also seems like the guy who might let the moment get to him and torpedo himself.

For MX2, Justin Cooper is the obvious choice, hands down. If J-Mart was healthy he could be a 450 option, but none of the other 250 guys should be considered to go up to the 450.

EDIT: I forgot about Dungey going in 2011 and then leaving for KTM. It does happen with a rider leaving from time to time, but I don't see Tomac or Anderson doing it. I kind of get the feeling for both guys the team and the rider are happy to be parting ways, so the goodwill required to do MXoN is unlikely.
Stew went in 08 right before jumping on a Yamaha too, so it does happen time to time like you said.

FWIW, that was on a Kawi too
mxb2
7/6/2021 5:21am
Yammyam wrote:
Yeah I don't get it either. I think Tomac will want to do it, and hopefully Kawi will be behind him. Him AP and Justin on...
Yeah I don't get it either. I think Tomac will want to do it, and hopefully Kawi will be behind him. Him AP and Justin on 250s would be an awesome team.
kpiper wrote:
I think Tomac will want to do it also (hope so anyway) and no one here knows what Kawi will do this year. Maybe Kawi has...
I think Tomac will want to do it also (hope so anyway) and no one here knows what Kawi will do this year.

Maybe Kawi has visions of Tomac doing well and Team USA winning the whole thing.

What a way to end the Tomac era that would be.
Why would kawy spend $ on a rider leaving.?
Johnny Ringo
7/6/2021 5:24am
Yammyam wrote:
Yeah I don't get it either. I think Tomac will want to do it, and hopefully Kawi will be behind him. Him AP and Justin on...
Yeah I don't get it either. I think Tomac will want to do it, and hopefully Kawi will be behind him. Him AP and Justin on 250s would be an awesome team.
kpiper wrote:
I think Tomac will want to do it also (hope so anyway) and no one here knows what Kawi will do this year. Maybe Kawi has...
I think Tomac will want to do it also (hope so anyway) and no one here knows what Kawi will do this year.

Maybe Kawi has visions of Tomac doing well and Team USA winning the whole thing.

mxb2 wrote:
They sent stew to England in 2008
mxb2
7/6/2021 5:37am
kpiper wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
But didnt send any kawy riders to assen. Thats when some people got butt hurt, lol. Not sure star would like it,who knows.
DonM
7/6/2021 6:11am
kpiper wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Different people in charge then…it’s their current management that won’t support the MXDN
kpiper
7/6/2021 8:26am
Yammyam wrote:
kpiper wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Because if Team USA wins then it is a big PR day for Kawi.
Johnny Ringo
7/6/2021 8:31am
mxb2 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Different people in charge then…it’s their current management that won’t support the MXDN
I thought Bruce didn’t leave Kawi for monster until 2010? Or is he in a more “higher up” position now than he was then?
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
7/6/2021 9:12am
Well if you heard Dylan on pulp last night it sounds unlikely any of the Star guys will be going to mxdn. USA may not even qualify this year
mxb2
7/6/2021 9:18am
kpiper wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
kpiper wrote:
So was assen, and kawy didnt go.
kpiper
7/6/2021 9:20am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2021 9:21am
mxb2 wrote:
kpiper wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Tomac has his SX title now. Plus that track was unique.

I think this year is a different ballgame. At least I hope so.
mxb2
7/6/2021 9:25am
kpiper wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
kpiper wrote:

We shall see,. I would be suprised if he went. .
kpiper
7/6/2021 10:01am
mxb2 wrote:
kpiper wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
I think the guy has gotten a bad rap about going or not going.

He is one of the most patriotic riders.
mxb2
7/6/2021 10:08am
kpiper wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
kpiper wrote:
I think the guy has gotten a bad rap about going or not going.

He is one of the most patriotic riders.
Yep, he has raced enough of them to decide for himself.
Mit12
7/6/2021 1:46pm
AC, CS and JC! Let the young guys give it a go.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
7/6/2021 2:41pm
Mit12 wrote:
AC, CS and JC! Let the young guys give it a go.
AC getting surgery so won’t be him going
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
7/6/2021 2:44pm
soggy wrote:
Well if you heard Dylan on pulp last night it sounds unlikely any of the Star guys will be going to mxdn. USA may not even...
Well if you heard Dylan on pulp last night it sounds unlikely any of the Star guys will be going to mxdn. USA may not even qualify this year
Can you elaborate for those of us that aint listened yet?
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
7/6/2021 2:49pm
colintrax wrote:
Basically Star is planning to move everything they have in Cali to Florida after Nationals. I think this means basically moving there race shop from Cali to Florida. With mxdn 3 weeks after nationals this wouldn’t give them much time to move everything and then have enough time to prepare for mxdn. I don’t blame them, these guys work crazy hours as it is and they need a bit of time to unwind. And moving sucks balls so they get a pass in my book.
DonM
7/6/2021 2:51pm
soggy wrote:
Well if you heard Dylan on pulp last night it sounds unlikely any of the Star guys will be going to mxdn. USA may not even...
colintrax wrote:
He said that the team is moving its shop to Florida just after the nationals so they may not have the personnel to send to Italy, but he also said we will see which is what AP said when he was asked by Anton
Johnny Ringo
7/6/2021 3:25pm
MX Culture wrote:
Carmichael, Stewart, Dungey.
I was always bummed RC and Stew never did make it on the same team. Injuries one way or the other
7/6/2021 7:43pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
I thought this was discussed in another thread and it was decided that Roczen, Ferrandis and Jettson were gonna be the team.
Team Puerto Rico for the W.
SWOHIO GUY
7/6/2021 8:11pm
MX Culture wrote:
Carmichael, Stewart, Dungey.
I was always bummed RC and Stew never did make it on the same team. Injuries one way or the other
RC, Stew, and Pastrana was the dream team we all deserved! What could have been? 🥲

Post a reply to: USA Going To MXdN

The Latest