USA Going To MXdN

Motofinne
7/5/2021 2:24am
Awesome news!

I'd go with Plessinger, Sexton and Cooper. Barcia as a backup.
7/5/2021 2:37am
Ozzy wrote:
Going just to go is what it is. Most who go, don’t need to go, but that’s another story in of itself. If we do go...
Going just to go is what it is.
Most who go, don’t need to go, but that’s another story in of itself.
If we do go, it should ONLY be a Winning Team,
providing we even have 1.
Anything less is a total waste of time, effort & expense.
I can't believe you wrote that, with your philosophy why bother having a MXON with anyone other than France or Italy, or why have an AMA national with anyone other than Tomac, Rokzen or Ferandis?

All countries should attend to make it a great event.

The Shop

aees
7/5/2021 4:01am
I dont get it, you looking to send AP on most likely a brand new bike, with no testing, no racing done? That will not end well.
Motofinne
7/5/2021 4:06am
aees wrote:
I dont get it, you looking to send AP on most likely a brand new bike, with no testing, no racing done? That will not end...
I dont get it, you looking to send AP on most likely a brand new bike, with no testing, no racing done? That will not end well.
According to Matthes, there is a pretty big chance that he stays on Star Yamaha.
7/5/2021 4:33am
Ozzy wrote:
Going just to go is what it is. Most who go, don’t need to go, but that’s another story in of itself. If we do go...
Going just to go is what it is.
Most who go, don’t need to go, but that’s another story in of itself.
If we do go, it should ONLY be a Winning Team,
providing we even have 1.
Anything less is a total waste of time, effort & expense.
I can't believe you wrote that, with your philosophy why bother having a MXON with anyone other than France or Italy, or why have an AMA...
I can't believe you wrote that, with your philosophy why bother having a MXON with anyone other than France or Italy, or why have an AMA national with anyone other than Tomac, Rokzen or Ferandis?

All countries should attend to make it a great event.
I hope the aussies can turn up. I hope all countries can turn up.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
7/5/2021 7:04am
aees wrote:
Take out people switching bikes/Teams. Looking at what it took for AP to be good on Yamaha, the struggles Webb has on KTM and Eli same...
Take out people switching bikes/Teams. Looking at what it took for AP to be good on Yamaha, the struggles Webb has on KTM and Eli same with Kawi. You cant send people that has not been through race situations on a new bike.

1. J Cooper
2. Sexton
3. ?

Two are given.

In order, and if up to speed, last rider should be:
Andersson/Osborne/Barcia/Webb/Craig

Rest of field is surgery or switching teams which means no go.
It won’t be Anderson cause he is also switching teams.
7/5/2021 7:14am
mxb2 wrote:
Imo .send the best guys that want to go.
This. Send the best guys that actually want to go. As long as they give it their all I'll be happy with that.
DonM
7/5/2021 8:36am
aees wrote:
I dont get it, you looking to send AP on most likely a brand new bike, with no testing, no racing done? That will not end...
He’ll still be under contract with Yam if he’s switching it won’t happen until Oct 1
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
7/5/2021 9:06am
Lemme see what goes into the MXDN equation. Riders that are:
- Fast enough AND not a crasher
- Want to go whether or not switching teams
- Not injured or going to have surgery in off season
- Mfg will support - switching teams might not be motivated to support

So almost everyone has some question mark in some category, at least hypothetical until all the questions are answers.

I always assume Tomac won’t want to go. Though I’m a fan.

Plessinger - fast and motivated. Despite the potential of switching teams, I can’t imagine a scenario where he doesn’t go.

Justin Cooper. Fast and good track record.

Cooper Webb or Justin Barcia. Not a good track record in MX so far but I believe both will improve and will step up when they have to.

7/5/2021 9:07am
Why is everyone so focused on the team switches? MXDN is in September. Dungey raced 2011 on Suzuki and was on Orange two weeks later. Why is that so hard to understand?
Yammyam
7/5/2021 10:20am
Why is everyone so focused on the team switches? MXDN is in September. Dungey raced 2011 on Suzuki and was on Orange two weeks later. Why...
Why is everyone so focused on the team switches? MXDN is in September. Dungey raced 2011 on Suzuki and was on Orange two weeks later. Why is that so hard to understand?
Yeah I don't get it either. I think Tomac will want to do it, and hopefully Kawi will be behind him. Him AP and Justin on 250s would be an awesome team.
DonM
7/5/2021 10:23am
Why is everyone so focused on the team switches? MXDN is in September. Dungey raced 2011 on Suzuki and was on Orange two weeks later. Why...
Yammyam wrote:
Yeah I don't get it either. I think Tomac will want to do it, and hopefully Kawi will be behind him. Him AP and Justin on...
Yeah I don't get it either. I think Tomac will want to do it, and hopefully Kawi will be behind him. Him AP and Justin on 250s would be an awesome team.
You can pretty much forget about Kawi being behind sending Tomac…they don’t do the MXDN unless it’s in the US
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
7/5/2021 10:46am
Yammyam wrote:
Yeah I don't get it either. I think Tomac will want to do it, and hopefully Kawi will be behind him. Him AP and Justin on...
DonM wrote:
You can pretty much forget about Kawi being behind sending Tomac…they don’t do the MXDN unless it’s in the US
They declined in 2019 but they never said whether they wouldn't be interested in the future races. I think eventually they're going to have to send some guys. Surely this can't be a forever trend.

Kawasaki has sent tons of guys over with success so they've definitely done more than just US races.
DonM
7/5/2021 10:53am
Yammyam wrote:
DonM wrote:
stremme12 wrote:
They declined in 2019 but they never said whether they wouldn't be interested in the future races. I think eventually they're going to have to send...
They declined in 2019 but they never said whether they wouldn't be interested in the future races. I think eventually they're going to have to send some guys. Surely this can't be a forever trend.

Kawasaki has sent tons of guys over with success so they've definitely done more than just US races.
As long as Bruce is in charge he won’t let the riders go…now that the Monster Cup is gone maybe he’ll change his mind but I doubt it.
7/5/2021 11:13am
stremme12 wrote:
They declined in 2019 but they never said whether they wouldn't be interested in the future races. I think eventually they're going to have to send...

I think Kawasaki did that as a way to keep the heat off the riders. In 2017 Tomac got a lot of shit for not going, then in 2018 he decided to go and got even more shit from the same idiots for not performing up to their expectations despite being the highest placing rider from team USA.
philG
7/5/2021 11:22am
Sexton , Plessinger Cooper.

Johnny Ringo
7/5/2021 11:25am
FlaNard wrote:
AP, Justin Cooper, and I’m not sure on the third rider. Healthy Osborne would have been good, AC would race his ass off but it sounds...
AP, Justin Cooper, and I’m not sure on the third rider. Healthy Osborne would have been good, AC would race his ass off but it sounds like he’s having surgery. Probably going to be Barcia or Sexton. Barcia been so so these outdoors but he’s very experienced at the MXDN and you know for a fact he’d go and give it his all. Sexton could be a good selection depending on who is more on form by that point. Could be a podium team with the right breaks going our way. But like someone else said, we aren’t even the best guys in our own series right now. We aren’t winning it.
We won in 2009 and an Aussie won the 450 national title and a Frenchman was a bad head gasket from winning the 250 title.

12 years ago, but just thought I’d add that tidbit
VanDan
7/5/2021 11:26am
Sideways wrote:
Talking about teams, the french team will be hard to beat... Febvre winning races in mxgp, ferrandis winning nationals, and vialle winning mx2 (if he's healthy...
Talking about teams, the french team will be hard to beat... Febvre winning races in mxgp, ferrandis winning nationals, and vialle winning mx2 (if he's healthy by then).
The French team will probably pick Jimmy Clochet over Ferrandis!
Titan1
7/5/2021 11:30am
I don't understand why there is any debate in this....take the top 2 american 450 riders in the championship, that can/want to go...and the top finishing American in the 250 class.

If they were the best over the summer, they'd be the best to represent at the MXdN...Exceptions might be an injured defending national champ that is back and healthy prior the event (if Osborne wanted to go, and was out of the points because of injury...for example).
philG
7/5/2021 11:45am
VanDan wrote:
The French team will probably pick Jimmy Clochet over Ferrandis!
This man gets it.

Paulin, Febvre, Vialle

Stamp it.
SCC
7/5/2021 11:45am
Titan1 wrote:
I don't understand why there is any debate in this....take the top 2 american 450 riders in the championship, that can/want to go...and the top finishing...
I don't understand why there is any debate in this....take the top 2 american 450 riders in the championship, that can/want to go...and the top finishing American in the 250 class.

If they were the best over the summer, they'd be the best to represent at the MXdN...Exceptions might be an injured defending national champ that is back and healthy prior the event (if Osborne wanted to go, and was out of the points because of injury...for example).
Because Kawasaki USA management chooses to not financially support the event regardless if their riders want to represent their country. Even though its a Monster Energy event. Remember that when buying your next bike. The GP riders are doing it on a rare off weekend in the middle of their 20 round season that ends in December. That’s like the US SX guys doing MXoN after Daytona SX. Zero chance any US rider/team would show. What is wrong with America and why can’t we fix it ffs?
Johnny Ringo
7/5/2021 12:02pm
The easiest way to regenerate rider interest is to fucking WIN.
mxb2
7/5/2021 12:03pm
stremme12 wrote:

I think Kawasaki did that as a way to keep the heat off the riders. In 2017 Tomac got a lot of shit for not going...
I think Kawasaki did that as a way to keep the heat off the riders. In 2017 Tomac got a lot of shit for not going, then in 2018 he decided to go and got even more shit from the same idiots for not performing up to their expectations despite being the highest placing rider from team USA.
Exactly, now they want him to race. it. Lol
Spudnut
7/5/2021 12:05pm
Cooper, AP, and id pick Barcia over Sexton because he’s been there and always performs well for his country
7/5/2021 12:15pm
AP , Sexton ,Cooper at moment looks to be best choice and could battle for Podium with France and Netherlands
Great to see USA at MXON this season , i wonder how things will turn out at MXON in middel of season for other teams
France and Netherlands big favorites for the win in my opinion , but at MXON you never know
SCC
7/5/2021 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2021 12:21pm
Watch the Maggiore GP. Clay. Hard pack. Rocks. Blue groove. Then rain. Huge elevation changes. More passing than Red Bud national for top spots. Real motocross not chocolate cake prep. No wonder we have zero chance against the GP guys. Next week they have bottomless sand that makes southwick look like Carlsbad in comparison. Shits harder on the GP circuit. They don’t prep the track to appease the riders. They make it as hard as possible.

Post a reply to: USA Going To MXdN

The Latest