USA Going To MXdN

7/4/2021 6:24pm
Very exciting news. Absolutely no way Tomac is going as he'll be getting acclimated to a new bike. Zach would be a great choice but who knows if his back will be healed. Sexton, AC? Even Craig would be a great choice with his consistency outdoors this season. Plessinger Craig Cooper would be an awesome team. And them all being on Star would make things much easier for Team USA I would imagine. Maybe Paul Webb? They almost won the last two times he went.
kpiper
7/4/2021 6:26pm
The only hope Team USA has for a win is if Tomac goes. Eli knows he won't have many more chances to go.
bents
Fantasy
710th
7/4/2021 6:38pm
How are you guys even talking about Webb? He is not on pace, period. I love how Hampshire is riding-ball to the wall. AP, Tomac, and Hampshire.
kpiper
7/4/2021 6:52pm
bents wrote:
How are you guys even talking about Webb? He is not on pace, period. I love how Hampshire is riding-ball to the wall. AP, Tomac, and...
How are you guys even talking about Webb? He is not on pace, period. I love how Hampshire is riding-ball to the wall. AP, Tomac, and Hampshire.
RJ is my favorite 250 rider right now. Love how he rides but you know what would happen if he goes.

Cooper is the best bet for 250.

The Shop

mxb2
7/4/2021 6:56pm
Alot of vital talked shit on tomac, Ap,barcia after red bud., Assen. Now want them to go race it again . Lol. Classic.
Up Wind
7/4/2021 7:06pm
mxb2 wrote:
Alot of vital talked shit on tomac, Ap,barcia after red bud., Assen. Now want them to go race it again . Lol. Classic.
True... How about Sexton 450 J Mart 450 Cooper 250. The KTM USA bike looks like crap. Could be bad for AP. Plus only 2 weeks on the bike. Tomac is in Kawi Jail for 2 weeks. Hampshire on a Husky 450/250 on back up.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
7/4/2021 7:28pm
Still too many unknowns to pin it down. I would want Plessinger on the team, but not sure if that works with the team switch... Same with Tomac and probably Anderson. Those would be my top 3.

So it looks like a Sexton - Barcia - Cooper team today. Looks good for a podium, a win would be tough.
str8line
7/4/2021 7:36pm
Plessinger, Anderson and Forkner. With Plessinger's recent form and Anderson's form before getting hurt they would be awesome and would represent the fun side of the USA. Then throw Forkner at it because why not, by then he might have some of his old speed back. I also think Forkner being named to the team would be just the shot in the arm he needs. Same for El Hombre really and he needs payback for that dude landing on him. Anyone think they couldn't win if things went well?
Up Wind
7/4/2021 7:39pm
Whos on Team PR? J Mart, Hampshire and Webb ?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
7/4/2021 8:12pm
Up Wind wrote:
I'm sure they would let him out early.
soggy wrote:
You are? Care to wager?
Didn’t the press release say they were parting ways at the end of outdoors?
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
7/4/2021 8:24pm
kpiper wrote:
AP7 is "America's Mascot". He said so himself yesterday. He goes no matter what bike he is on. He has to! If the track is somewhat...
AP7 is "America's Mascot". He said so himself yesterday. He goes no matter what bike he is on. He has to!

If the track is somewhat sandy, Tomac will want in on it. He said he wants a shot at redemption. If not on the YZ, then the KX. Kawi won't worry about if he gets hurt in the race.

Ok, let's hear your prediction? Or do you not want to risk being wrong on something???
I don’t care about being wrong or right but I do care about being realistic, you clearly don’t. I said cooper(Justin) AC and Craig. If AC is getting surgery I’ll say Webb.

AP is a possibility but it sounds like he might be switching teams so he’s out.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
7/4/2021 8:26pm
Up Wind wrote:
I'm sure they would let him out early.
soggy wrote:
You are? Care to wager?
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Yes but I think most contracts run to September 31 from what I understand. But even if he is officially free after outdoors I can’t see him going immediately to star hopping on a bike and racing mxdn less then 3 weeks later.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
7/4/2021 8:55pm
TXDirt wrote:
Plessinger, Sexton, Cooper
If AP stays with Yamaha, yes... Otherwise it's Barcia, Sexton and Cooper.

And battling with Italy for a podium. Smile
Shaft721
7/4/2021 9:02pm
Ap sexton and Cooper anything else is pretty damn stupid. Sexton is a beast he just hasn’t showed it so far. It will come out, plus he’s good in sand.
mxb2
7/4/2021 9:18pm
soggy wrote:
You are? Care to wager?
mattyhamz2 wrote:
soggy wrote:
Yes but I think most contracts run to September 31 from what I understand. But even if he is officially free after outdoors I can’t see...
Yes but I think most contracts run to September 31 from what I understand. But even if he is officially free after outdoors I can’t see him going immediately to star hopping on a bike and racing mxdn less then 3 weeks later.
Oct ,1 new contracts.
mxb2
7/4/2021 9:19pm
mxb2 wrote:
Up Wind wrote:
True... How about Sexton 450 J Mart 450 Cooper 250. The KTM USA bike looks like crap. Could be bad for AP. Plus only 2 weeks...
True... How about Sexton 450 J Mart 450 Cooper 250. The KTM USA bike looks like crap. Could be bad for AP. Plus only 2 weeks on the bike. Tomac is in Kawi Jail for 2 weeks. Hampshire on a Husky 450/250 on back up.
Imo .send the best guys that want to go.
Ozzy
7/4/2021 9:30pm
Going just to go is what it is.
Most who go, don’t need to go, but that’s another story in of itself.
If we do go, it should ONLY be a Winning Team,
providing we even have 1.
Anything less is a total waste of time, effort & expense.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
7/4/2021 9:57pm
Definitely AP, Sexton, and Cooper. Best and most consistent riders thus far. RJ would be a good option if anything happens to Cooper.
Mavetism
7/4/2021 10:09pm
str8line wrote:
Plessinger, Anderson and Forkner. With Plessinger's recent form and Anderson's form before getting hurt they would be awesome and would represent the fun side of the...
Plessinger, Anderson and Forkner. With Plessinger's recent form and Anderson's form before getting hurt they would be awesome and would represent the fun side of the USA. Then throw Forkner at it because why not, by then he might have some of his old speed back. I also think Forkner being named to the team would be just the shot in the arm he needs. Same for El Hombre really and he needs payback for that dude landing on him. Anyone think they couldn't win if things went well?
Yes, that would be really fair to the other six american riders who are infront of Forkner in the standings. What are people smoking lol? You pick from the best riders who gave it all they got this season, not someone who was fighting for wins 5 years ago.
FlaNard
7/4/2021 10:36pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2021 10:45pm
AP, Justin Cooper, and I’m not sure on the third rider. Healthy Osborne would have been good, AC would race his ass off but it sounds like he’s having surgery. Probably going to be Barcia or Sexton. Barcia been so so these outdoors but he’s very experienced at the MXDN and you know for a fact he’d go and give it his all. Sexton could be a good selection depending on who is more on form by that point. Could be a podium team with the right breaks going our way. But like someone else said, we aren’t even the best guys in our own series right now. We aren’t winning it.
Sideways
7/4/2021 11:28pm
Talking about teams, the french team will be hard to beat... Febvre winning races in mxgp, ferrandis winning nationals, and vialle winning mx2 (if he's healthy by then).
Bearuno
7/5/2021 12:00am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2021 12:05am
Last round of US Nationals - 12 Sept.

MXGPs - 19th September at Riola Sardo

MXDN - 26th September.

MXGP - 3rd October at 'cute lil Teut' (as my better half calls it) , then, another 7 rounds (planned) after it to go.

It's going to be a bit exy for a couple of the GP Teams to see if they risk their riders, if they are in the fight for a World Title.

It's how it is this year, Pandemics do f**k things up.

With the last GP scheduled for 5th December, you sure as heck wouldn't have a US Team there if the MXDN were at the end of the season.

The American Team make up? You've plenty of Great Riders to choose from, and, if there's a year for you blokes to win, it's this year, what with it being near the middle of the GPs, and, it being just 2 weekends after the US Nationals.

It should be good, especially if we don't see too many Euro Teams without their top riders.
FlaNard
7/5/2021 12:18am
Sideways wrote:
Talking about teams, the french team will be hard to beat... Febvre winning races in mxgp, ferrandis winning nationals, and vialle winning mx2 (if he's healthy...
Talking about teams, the french team will be hard to beat... Febvre winning races in mxgp, ferrandis winning nationals, and vialle winning mx2 (if he's healthy by then).
Would be a total shock to me if they don’t win it this year. The French team is always great at this race but this year they’re monsters.
chump6784
7/5/2021 1:03am
Sideways wrote:
Talking about teams, the french team will be hard to beat... Febvre winning races in mxgp, ferrandis winning nationals, and vialle winning mx2 (if he's healthy...
FlaNard wrote:
Would be a total shock to me if they don’t win it this year. The French team is always great at this race but this year...
Would be a total shock to me if they don’t win it this year. The French team is always great at this race but this year they’re monsters.
Does France pick Ferrandis? I thought they snubbed Marvin since his move to the states
aees
7/5/2021 1:50am
Take out people switching bikes/Teams. Looking at what it took for AP to be good on Yamaha, the struggles Webb has on KTM and Eli same with Kawi. You cant send people that has not been through race situations on a new bike.

1. J Cooper
2. Sexton
3. ?

Two are given.

In order, and if up to speed, last rider should be:
Andersson/Osborne/Barcia/Webb/Craig

Rest of field is surgery or switching teams which means no go.

Post a reply to: USA Going To MXdN

The Latest