USA Fan negativity

zb658
10/1/2017 12:38pm
Not true. Mitch payton would gladly step up to the plate. And in my opinion have far less bias with manufacturers.
pilotdude
10/1/2017 12:39pm
zb658 wrote:
Not true. Mitch payton would gladly step up to the plate. And in my opinion have far less bias with manufacturers.
Boom. Time for something different.
BobPA
10/1/2017 12:40pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Roczen had been healthy he would have rode for Germany.
Motofinne wrote:
Well that is my point, a healthy Roczen would've been there and thus made it impossible for team USA to pick Seely because HRC(!) refuses to...
Well that is my point, a healthy Roczen would've been there and thus made it impossible for team USA to pick Seely because HRC(!) refuses to send 2 bikes?

Park Boys wrote:
J Mart wanted to go, Honda said no. Roczen is Hondas number 1 rider in the world and would bend over backwards for him as they...
J Mart wanted to go, Honda said no. Roczen is Hondas number 1 rider in the world and would bend over backwards for him as they should. Before his Injury he was the number 1 rider in the world. Could win anywhere anytime, only rider that could say that. So obviously he is a expection to the rule. Perhaps Honda didn't have confidence in J Mart who knows, but he himself was game.
You'd think Honda would like to showcase their new 250 with J-Mart
10/1/2017 12:48pm
Not their fault sh*t happens. But lets be honest here there is no RC , James Stew ( even do he had bad luck in mxdn before) the american riders are still quality riders but that little extra level like RC use to have is not there anymore and today more than ever we see european riders coming over to USA wich is good i am not against it but i have to say that back like 12 years ago america was superior in technical terms, not so much cause today the european riders are equal and so many of them rides in the U.S now.

BUT i have to say i miss the days of RC, K-Dub, etc etc going and it makes me a bit sad to see that people turn down to race this event? Who would not want to represent their country.. .

The Shop

kiwifan
10/1/2017 12:50pm
Motofinne wrote:
Well that is my point, a healthy Roczen would've been there and thus made it impossible for team USA to pick Seely because HRC(!) refuses to...
Well that is my point, a healthy Roczen would've been there and thus made it impossible for team USA to pick Seely because HRC(!) refuses to send 2 bikes?

Park Boys wrote:
J Mart wanted to go, Honda said no. Roczen is Hondas number 1 rider in the world and would bend over backwards for him as they...
J Mart wanted to go, Honda said no. Roczen is Hondas number 1 rider in the world and would bend over backwards for him as they should. Before his Injury he was the number 1 rider in the world. Could win anywhere anytime, only rider that could say that. So obviously he is a expection to the rule. Perhaps Honda didn't have confidence in J Mart who knows, but he himself was game.
BobPA wrote:
or Park boys is just speculating...has there been comms/press release from Honda saying they didnt want to send 2 bikes?
pilotdude
10/1/2017 12:53pm
Park Boys wrote:
BobPA wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
or Park boys is just speculating...has there been comms/press release from Honda saying they didnt want to send 2 bikes?
Actually if I remember correctly, the person I first heard state this was none other than GuyB.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
10/1/2017 12:55pm
Motofinne wrote:

Park Boys wrote:
BobPA wrote:
He was never gonna go on a 250.
SCR
10/1/2017 1:33pm
zb658 wrote:
No it is true. Absolutely.
Did you talk with Mitch about about it and he told you he would be glad to step up and replace DeCoster every year ?
I don't know Mitch or Roger. But I do know that Roger has been showing up for this race every year for better or worse for 50 years and owns the most wins as a rider and as a team manager.
That's commitment and passion that no one else has come close to when it comes to this event.
It will be a real loss when he no longer goes.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
10/1/2017 1:36pm
Win lose or otherwise, proud of our boys and the effort they put forth. Had hoped for a better outcome, but it was what it was. Still love the guys for representing.
10/1/2017 1:40pm
The Brits right at this very second are hating on Tommy Searle..
You got proof of that old chap?
Read through the race thread from today. Plenty of our own having a go at him. Quite sad, but not surprising.
wreckitrandy
10/1/2017 1:48pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Roger Decoster has been the USA MXdN team captain since ..... Year Location Team Riders 2017 Matterley Basin, UK France France Gautier Paulin / Christophe Charlier...
Roger Decoster has been the USA MXdN team captain since .....

Year Location Team Riders
2017 Matterley Basin, UK France France Gautier Paulin / Christophe Charlier / Romain Febvre
2016 Maggiora, Italy France France Gautier Paulin / Benoît Paturel / Romain Febvre
2015 Ernée, France France France Gautier Paulin / Marvin Musquin / Romain Febvre
2014 Kegums, Latvia France France Gautier Paulin / Dylan Ferrandis / Steven Frossard
2013 Teutschenthal, Germany Belgium Belgium Ken De Dycker / Jeremy Van Horebeek / Clément Desalle
2012 Lommel, Belgium Germany Germany Maximilian Nagl / Ken Roczen / Marcus Schiffer
2011 Saint-Jean-d'Angély, France United States USA Ryan Dungey / Blake Baggett / Ryan Villopoto
2010 Lakewood, United States United States USA Ryan Dungey / Trey Canard / Andrew Short
2009 Franciacorta, Italy United States USA Ryan Dungey / Jake Weimer / Ivan Tedesco
2008 Donington Park, UK United States USA James Stewart, Jr. / Ryan Villopoto / Tim Ferry
2007 Budds Creek, USA United States USA Ricky Carmichael / Ryan Villopoto / Tim Ferry
2006 Matterley Basin, UK United States USA James Stewart, Jr. / Ryan Villopoto / Ivan Tedesco
2005 Ernée, France United States USA Ricky Carmichael / Kevin Windham / Ivan Tedesco
2004 Lierop, Netherlands Belgium Belgium Stefan Everts / Steve Ramon / Kevin Strijbos
2003 Zolder, Belgium Belgium Belgium Stefan Everts / Steve Ramon / Joël Smets
2002 Bellpuig, Spain Italy Italy Andrea Bartolini / Alessio Chiodi / Alessandro Puzar
2001 Namur, Belgium France France Yves Demaria / Luigi Seguy / David Vuillemin
2000 Saint-Jean-d'Angély, France United States USA Ricky Carmichael / Ryan Hughes / Travis Pastrana
1999 Indaiatuba, Brazil Italy Italy Andrea Bartolini / Alessio Chiodi/ Claudio Federici
1998 Foxhills, UK Belgium Belgium Marnicq Bervoets / Patrick Caps / Stefan Everts
1997 Nismes, Belgium Belgium Belgium Marnicq Bervoets / Stefan Everts / Joël Smets
1996 Jerez de la Frontera, Spain United States USA Jeff Emig / Steve Lamson / Jeremy McGrath
1995 Sverepec, Slovakia Belgium Belgium Marnicq Bervoets / Stefan Everts / Joël Smets
1994 Roggenburg, Switzerland United Kingdom Great Britain Rob Herring / Paul Malin / Kurt Nicoll
1993 Schwanenstadt, Austria United States USA Jeff Emig / Mike Kiedrowski / Jeremy McGrath
1992 Manjimup, Australia United States USA Jeff Emig / Mike LaRocco / Billy Liles
1991 Valkenswaard, Netherlands United States USA Damon Bradshaw / Mike Kiedrowski / Jeff Stanton
1990 Vimmerby, Sweden United States USA Damon Bradshaw / Jeff Stanton / Jeff Ward
1989 Gaildorf, West Germany United States USA Mike Kiedrowski / Jeff Stanton / Jeff Ward
1988 Villars-sous-Ecot,[3] France United States USA Rick Johnson / Ron Lechien / Jeff Ward
1987 Unadilla, USA United States USA Bob Hannah / Rick Johnson / Jeff Ward
1986 Maggiora, Italy United States USA David Bailey / Rick Johnson / Johnny O'Mara
1985 Gaildorf, West Germany United States USA David Bailey / Ron Lechien / Jeff Ward
1984 Vantaa, Finland United States USA David Bailey / Rick Johnson / Johnny O'Mara / Jeff Ward
1983 Angreau, Belgium United States USA David Bailey / Mark Barnett / Broc Glover / Jeff Ward
1982 Wohlen, Switzerland United States USA David Bailey / Danny Chandler / Jim Gibson / Johnny O'Mara
1981 Bielstein, West Germany United States USA Donnie Hansen / Danny LaPorte / Johnny O'Mara / Chuck Sun
Not trying to be argumentative but, at least twice that I can remember, Roger wasn't the captain. My feeling about it though is, as long as we're fortunate to have Roger as team manager, let's not look a gift horse in the mouth.
jamma10
10/1/2017 1:49pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 1:51pm
The Brits right at this very second are hating on Tommy Searle..
Read through the race thread from today. Plenty of our own having a go at him. Quite sad, but not surprising.
Yeah I've seen a few on Facebook.

Fucking ridiculous. Searle has put in some brilliant MXdN rides over the years and was more often than not let down by his team mates. He may not have had the best day today but he earn't that podium a long time ago.

I cant stand fairweather fans, wherever they're from.
10/1/2017 1:52pm
Not their fault sh*t happens. But lets be honest here there is no RC , James Stew ( even do he had bad luck in mxdn...
Not their fault sh*t happens. But lets be honest here there is no RC , James Stew ( even do he had bad luck in mxdn before) the american riders are still quality riders but that little extra level like RC use to have is not there anymore and today more than ever we see european riders coming over to USA wich is good i am not against it but i have to say that back like 12 years ago america was superior in technical terms, not so much cause today the european riders are equal and so many of them rides in the U.S now.

BUT i have to say i miss the days of RC, K-Dub, etc etc going and it makes me a bit sad to see that people turn down to race this event? Who would not want to represent their country.. .
Can you imagine if there was a clause that said the first US born rider to finish in the AMA outdoors championship HAS to go to the MXDN?!
RG1
10/1/2017 2:01pm
jamma10 wrote:
Yeah I've seen a few on Facebook. Fucking ridiculous. Searle has put in some brilliant MXdN rides over the years and was more often than not...
Yeah I've seen a few on Facebook.

Fucking ridiculous. Searle has put in some brilliant MXdN rides over the years and was more often than not let down by his team mates. He may not have had the best day today but he earn't that podium a long time ago.

I cant stand fairweather fans, wherever they're from.
Well said, I completely agree. It definitely wasn't his best day at MXdN, but he dug really deep in that second moto with no goggles on from way back to give us a decent result. It had to be playing on his mind that the bike wouldn't last either after the first moto.

There have been numerous MXoN over the last decade where Tommy has been the only reason for us Brits to cheer, and he's deserved a podium numerous times. It's disgusting to me how quick everyone forgets his contribution to British MX over the years
PressPassP
10/1/2017 2:56pm
Motofinne wrote:
I just can't take that information seriously. What if Roczen would've been healthy? Would've Honda told Seely that he can't go? We're talking about HRC, there...
I just can't take that information seriously. What if Roczen would've been healthy? Would've Honda told Seely that he can't go?

We're talking about HRC, there is no way that they couldn't send 2 bikes to England.

Anyways, i agree with you Crush on everything that you've mentioned. It's sad to see.
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Roczen had been healthy he would have rode for Germany.
I don't think Roczen would have gone if he was ok,he hasn't gone for years,possibly a worse "offender" than most Whistling

As for Covington's pick,he was more than justified,he'd raced there many times,was familiar with the whole Europe thing and the guy is fast as hell,on the face of things after some had gone over to do the race and under performed at least you'd have thought you knew what you were going to roughly get from him,most thought he had to pull off one decent finish too

His fellow 250 competitors Bogers and Olsen finished 9th and 10th in the 2nd Moto when he met them,he crashed,came round dead last and made up to 22nd but on most days you'd expect him to be in front of those guys,just a shit day at the office

lumpy790
10/1/2017 5:58pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Roger Decoster has been the USA MXdN team captain since ..... Year Location Team Riders 2017 Matterley Basin, UK France France Gautier Paulin / Christophe Charlier...

2017 Matterley Basin, UK France France Gautier Paulin / Christophe Charlier / Romain Febvre
2016 Maggiora, Italy France France Gautier Paulin / Benoît Paturel / Romain Febvre
2015 Ernée, France France France Gautier Paulin / Marvin Musquin / Romain Febvre
2014 Kegums, Latvia France France Gautier Paulin / Dylan Ferrandis / Steven Frossard
2013 Teutschenthal, Germany Belgium Belgium Ken De Dycker / Jeremy Van Horebeek / Clément Desalle
2012 Lommel, Belgium Germany Germany Maximilian Nagl / Ken Roczen / Marcus Schiffer
2011 Saint-Jean-d'Angély, France United States USA Ryan Dungey / Blake Baggett / Ryan Villopoto
2010 Lakewood, United States United States USA Ryan Dungey / Trey Canard / Andrew Short
2009 Franciacorta, Italy United States USA Ryan Dungey / Jake Weimer / Ivan Tedesco
2008 Donington Park, UK United States USA James Stewart, Jr. / Ryan Villopoto / Tim Ferry
2007 Budds Creek, USA United States USA Ricky Carmichael / Ryan Villopoto / Tim Ferry
2006 Matterley Basin, UK United States USA James Stewart, Jr. / Ryan Villopoto / Ivan Tedesco
2005 Ernée, France United States USA Ricky Carmichael / Kevin Windham / Ivan Tedesco
2004 Lierop, Netherlands Belgium Belgium Stefan Everts / Steve Ramon / Kevin Strijbos
2002 Bellpuig, Spain Italy Italy Andrea Bartolini / Alessio Chiodi / Alessandro Puzar
2000 Saint-Jean-d'Angély, France United States USA Ricky Carmichael / Ryan Hughes / Travis Pastrana
1999 Indaiatuba, Brazil Italy Italy Andrea Bartolini / Alessio Chiodi/ Claudio Federici
1998 Foxhills, UK Belgium Belgium Marnicq Bervoets / Patrick Caps / Stefan Everts
1997 Nismes, Belgium Belgium Belgium Marnicq Bervoets / Stefan Everts / Joël Smets
1996 Jerez de la Frontera, Spain United States USA Jeff Emig / Steve Lamson / Jeremy McGrath
1995 Sverepec, Slovakia Belgium Belgium Marnicq Bervoets / Stefan Everts / Joël Smets
1994 Roggenburg, Switzerland United Kingdom Great Britain Rob Herring / Paul Malin / Kurt Nicoll
1993 Schwanenstadt, Austria United States USA Jeff Emig / Mike Kiedrowski / Jeremy McGrath
1992 Manjimup, Australia United States USA Jeff Emig / Mike LaRocco / Billy Liles
1991 Valkenswaard, Netherlands United States USA Damon Bradshaw / Mike Kiedrowski / Jeff Stanton
1990 Vimmerby, Sweden United States USA Damon Bradshaw / Jeff Stanton / Jeff Ward
1989 Gaildorf, West Germany United States USA Mike Kiedrowski / Jeff Stanton / Jeff Ward
1988 Villars-sous-Ecot,[3] France United States USA Rick Johnson / Ron Lechien / Jeff Ward
1986 Maggiora, Italy United States USA David Bailey / Rick Johnson / Johnny O'Mara
1985 Gaildorf, West Germany United States USA David Bailey / Ron Lechien / Jeff Ward
1984 Vantaa, Finland United States USA David Bailey / Rick Johnson / Johnny O'Mara / Jeff Ward
1983 Angreau, Belgium United States USA David Bailey / Mark Barnett / Broc Glover / Jeff Ward
1982 Wohlen, Switzerland United States USA David Bailey / Danny Chandler / Jim Gibson / Johnny O'Mara
1981 Bielstein, West Germany United States USA Donnie Hansen / Danny LaPorte / Johnny O'Mara / Chuck Sun
Not trying to be argumentative but, at least twice that I can remember, Roger wasn't the captain. My feeling about it though is, as long as...
Not trying to be argumentative but, at least twice that I can remember, Roger wasn't the captain. My feeling about it though is, as long as we're fortunate to have Roger as team manager, let's not look a gift horse in the mouth.
I have been in MX for 6 years before Rogers 1st time when he took his factory Honda team riders in 1981 and they were called B riders the 2 weekends were on 500 then 250 and won. I do not recall Roger ever missing a year but maybe he was sick once over the 30+ years?

It has been the USA's strong hold that we could choose our 3 riders from such a huge pool that we were hard to beat and it was 4 riders at one time with one coming incase a rider got injured. The European teams would typically have 1 maybe 2 strong racers but seldom 3 like the USA did.
FARANG
10/1/2017 6:14pm
USA had an off day, plus the Europeans have upped their game in recent years. No need to get all bitchy about it and start blaming people IMO, especially the riders. It's a great event, and a better event when USA are there even when they don't do so well.

FWIW, I think USA will win it next year, we'll get the old "U S A, U S A" chest thumping back and everyone will love the event again and claim the "Euros" couldn't even win at Loretta's...

wreckitrandy
10/1/2017 6:14pm
lumpy790 wrote:

Not trying to be argumentative but, at least twice that I can remember, Roger wasn't the captain. My feeling about it though is, as long as...
lumpy790 wrote:
I have been in MX for 6 years before Rogers 1st time when he took his factory Honda team riders in 1981 and they were called...
I have been in MX for 6 years before Rogers 1st time when he took his factory Honda team riders in 1981 and they were called B riders the 2 weekends were on 500 then 250 and won. I do not recall Roger ever missing a year but maybe he was sick once over the 30+ years?

It has been the USA's strong hold that we could choose our 3 riders from such a huge pool that we were hard to beat and it was 4 riders at one time with one coming incase a rider got injured. The European teams would typically have 1 maybe 2 strong racers but seldom 3 like the USA did.
Yeah, I've been at it a good while myself. Not sayin' I know anything but, Roy Jansen managed the 92 "B" team and, Bevo managed a team somewhere along the line. I still say we'd be fools to even consider anyone other than DeCoster. jmo
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
10/1/2017 6:24pm
"Old chap" me. Cunt.
Whymee wrote:
I do not care what forum we are on. This remark is uncalled for. Period.
What's interesting is how my obvious joke posts keep getting deleted by someone without a sense of humor, but this post will stay....
pilotdude
10/1/2017 6:34pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 6:46pm
Apparently it is not just some U.S. fans who are not loving the way Team U.S.A. is being handled.

Roger DeCoster quote:

"Yeah it's definitely not fun to.....you know.....I....I....I don't.....I am at the point I don't feel like putting...all this effort and work into this event...if if if I am one of a few that is trying to make it happen in the right way....and uh...I think like I said the factories also they want to see...more for their money you know?"

http://www.pulpmx.com/content/pro-circuit-mxdn-pulpcasts-3

brash
10/1/2017 6:43pm
Crush wrote:
I don't care if you don't agree with the picks, but the WTF and fuck Roger and this and that. Sheesh. It really might be one...
I don't care if you don't agree with the picks, but the WTF and fuck Roger and this and that. Sheesh.

It really might be one of the hardest one day events to win in any sport. 6 motos, 6 starts, 40 riders on different sized bikes, some of whom probably shouldn't be on the same track together and oh yeah, you start the weekend with a ping pong ball gate lotto.

So many opportunities for bad luck and often not even the winners get of scot-free. You have a core group of people who want to send a team, who try hard to convince others who basically have shit canned it for a shot at SX. Fuck that. This event matters, get behind em, especially when they're down.
Umm bro, your middle paragraph just summed up every club race I've ever done haha.

Replace ping pong balls with clothes pegs and it's bang on.
Camp332
10/1/2017 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 6:54pm
I love the USA and our riders Bro!
jemcee
10/1/2017 6:57pm
68 wrote:
Americans mate...
kkawboy14 wrote:
Yep! US fans.....if they don't win, they lost! There's no way in the world I would do that race! It's just different here. BUT you have...
Yep! US fans.....if they don't win, they lost! There's no way in the world I would do that race! It's just different here. BUT you have to admit the rest of the world revels and try's to rub it in that they lost also
Yeah definitely but I think that was just mainly cause you guys were so dominant (and the chest thumpers didn't help haha) and if it was close you just always seemed to get it done..

Would you rather everyone wanna beat you cause you're dominant or everyone be happy for you cause you've never won?

Post a reply to: USA Fan negativity

The Latest