USA Fan negativity

Crush
Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 11:53am
Reading some of the threads and social media... If you're blaming Roger the foreigner's for picking Seely in the mud, or Covington's effort, or anything else, get off it. Shit happens.

There might not be a more batshit crazy event around the world than this one and the perfect days are basically hen's teeth, there is always good and bad luck for each team, mostly bad.... That's why it's such an awesome event.

Regardless, you should be thanking your guys for going, cause a lot of them and their teams evidently don't give a shit anymore, and the MXdN is better when USA is there, even if they don't win.

Tough shit, sometimes it doesn't go the way you want, it has for you guys more than anyone else though, so don't be a dick about it. There's always next year!
|
TDeath21
10/1/2017 9:45am
Seely was the best available option for MX1. Can't be mad about that.

Osborne was obvious for MX2.

Covington is the one that was the big question mark. They probably just hoped he'd put in one good moto and have his other be the throwaway.

I was questioning that one from the start. If available, it might have been better to move Plessinger up to the 450.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/1/2017 9:48am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 9:49am
TDeath21 wrote:
Seely was the best available option for MX1. Can't be mad about that. Osborne was obvious for MX2. Covington is the one that was the big...

Covington is the one that was the big question mark. They probably just hoped he'd put in one good moto and have his other be the throwaway.

I was questioning that one from the start. If available, it might have been better to move Plessinger up to the 450.
Plessinger had foot surgery, he wasn't available.

J-Mart, A-Mart and Savatgy weren't available either.
TDeath21
10/1/2017 9:50am
TDeath21 wrote:
Seely was the best available option for MX1. Can't be mad about that. Osborne was obvious for MX2. Covington is the one that was the big...

ML512 wrote:

Well then I guess that was the best we had. Didn't realize he had surgery. Crazy how far down we had to go to get riders.
Crush
10/1/2017 9:52am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 9:52am
I don't care if you don't agree with the picks, but the WTF and fuck Roger and this and that. Sheesh.

It really might be one of the hardest one day events to win in any sport. 6 motos, 6 starts, 40 riders on different sized bikes, some of whom probably shouldn't be on the same track together and oh yeah, you start the weekend with a ping pong ball gate lotto.

So many opportunities for bad luck and often not even the winners get of scot-free. You have a core group of people who want to send a team, who try hard to convince others who basically have shit canned it for a shot at SX. Fuck that. This event matters, get behind em, especially when they're down.

The Shop

newmann
10/1/2017 9:53am
It speaks more towards the overall health of the sport here in the US. The guys who went get my stamp of approval simply because they stepped up to the plate. The Euros have been kicking the US riders ass for years so why would we expect this race to be any different? These small countries seem to pursue MX with a passion, something we used to do quite well.
10/1/2017 9:55am
Americans mate...
Nighttrain
10/1/2017 9:56am
ML512 wrote:

I was hoping Christian Craig would get picked but I don't pretend to know more than those who actually choose the team. Maybe there'd been another busted Honda had Craig been there, lol.
kkawboy14
10/1/2017 9:57am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 9:58am
68 wrote:
Americans mate...
Yep! US fans.....if they don't win, they lost! There's no way in the world I would do that race! It's just different here. BUT you have to admit the rest of the world revels and try's to rub it in that they lost also
Paul333
10/1/2017 9:58am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 9:58am
Hint: It's Social Media, so everyone hates everything. They bitch about Rainbows and Spring days. Who cares?

It's not like U.S. fans are any worse than the rest of the world.
jwoltz
10/1/2017 9:59am
That was really good racing to watch! Anstie! Wow!!!
FlaNard
10/1/2017 9:59am
68 wrote:
Americans mate...
I laughed way too hard at this.
jarvinator
10/1/2017 10:00am
The Honda breakdowns were huge issue, causing Seely's 2xDNFs. He was riding very well.
TC could have done better.
Zach rode great.
That's moto.
Better luck next year t Red Buuuuud.
Steve 396
10/1/2017 10:09am
I dont care if they picked 3 "C" class riders from anywhere in the US. They were there to represent our country and bashing them is disrespectful.

Of course I am bummed we didnt win.. Yes it sucks.. IMHO shit talking is for losers. Win or lose with dignity. They might be our representatives on the track but we are the representatives here on this forum. When you act like a sore loser we all look bad.... Might want to remember that.........
Bruce372
10/1/2017 10:09am
USA will bring a good team to red bud in 2018, win on home turf, and all of a sudden the race will be relevant and important again.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/1/2017 10:10am
Literally arguing with a dick on Seely's IG now...ughh these shitty fans irk me...

10/1/2017 10:11am
I may have had some negativity but will always be a fan of the riders we send. Better luck next year. ZO you absolutely killed it with Saturday’s ride and Sunday’s ride. Seely tough luck with the DNFs and TC just had a bad day. Onto next year
Cody24
Fantasy
2695th
10/1/2017 10:16am
They did their best. Seely would’ve done fine if not for his mechanicals. No reason for the fans to be upset. Osborne did what we thought he would do. Great! TC had some rough motos. It’s one race out of the year. Get over it. Home soil at Red Bud next year will be fine. Even if they send the same team.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
10/1/2017 10:17am
ML512 wrote:
Literally arguing with a dick on Seely's IG now...ughh these shitty fans irk me... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/01/217730/s1200_IMG_7031.jpg[/img]
Literally arguing with a dick on Seely's IG now...ughh these shitty fans irk me...

Crush
10/1/2017 10:19am
ML512 wrote:
Literally arguing with a dick on Seely's IG now...ughh these shitty fans irk me... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/01/217730/s1200_IMG_7031.jpg[/img]

Right? It's only because the embarrassment of riches you guys have that the expectation is there, but it's just shitty blaming it on Roger for his rider choices, or gate choice, or Seely for sucking in the mud, or Covington for choking.

Looking at Facebook and IG comments right now it's fucking no-wonder people are pulling out. Their team doesn't want them to go, they get hammered if they lose. Meanwhile, the rest of the world wants to race the USA riders and look how special it is at the end of the day. 20-40 thousand drunk fans with chainsaws and flags screaming for their boys. Fuckin crazy.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
10/1/2017 10:21am
TDeath21 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

J- Mart wanted to go badly.
Forty
10/1/2017 10:24am
Too bad the dirtbags that bitch get so much attention. The problem is they attract others like themselves and pretty soon they have formed an ignorant mob of dipshits. Ugh.

There are many more people that are proud of our team and their efforts, and the team should know that and also know that paying attention to these POS with the attitude is a waste of time and energy.

Go U.S.A.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/1/2017 10:28am
ML512 wrote:

Crush wrote:
Right? It's only because the embarrassment of riches you guys have that the expectation is there, but it's just shitty blaming it on Roger for his...
Right? It's only because the embarrassment of riches you guys have that the expectation is there, but it's just shitty blaming it on Roger for his rider choices, or gate choice, or Seely for sucking in the mud, or Covington for choking.

Looking at Facebook and IG comments right now it's fucking no-wonder people are pulling out. Their team doesn't want them to go, they get hammered if they lose. Meanwhile, the rest of the world wants to race the USA riders and look how special it is at the end of the day. 20-40 thousand drunk fans with chainsaws and flags screaming for their boys. Fuckin crazy.
Okay, my war was slightly worth it. Dude deleted all his comments...feeling slightly accomplished this morning.Laughing
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/1/2017 10:30am
Crush wrote:
Reading some of the threads and social media... If you're blaming Roger the foreigner's for picking Seely in the mud, or Covington's effort, or anything else...
Reading some of the threads and social media... If you're blaming Roger the foreigner's for picking Seely in the mud, or Covington's effort, or anything else, get off it. Shit happens.

There might not be a more batshit crazy event around the world than this one and the perfect days are basically hen's teeth, there is always good and bad luck for each team, mostly bad.... That's why it's such an awesome event.

Regardless, you should be thanking your guys for going, cause a lot of them and their teams evidently don't give a shit anymore, and the MXdN is better when USA is there, even if they don't win.

Tough shit, sometimes it doesn't go the way you want, it has for you guys more than anyone else though, so don't be a dick about it. There's always next year!
Well said, people complain so fuckin much and search for where to place blame.
10/1/2017 10:30am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 11:06am
There's nothing wrong with pointing out that a rider had an "off day" when they clearly had an off day. The one that mildly irritates me (and this goes for fans from all countries) is the "We should've sent so and so instead" fans. It's like after the result everyone suddenly becomes clairvoyant... Of course there's always debates and arguments for picking one rider over another - but unless it's a situation where an AVAILABLE, superior rider is clearly being left at home over a worse one etc, then there's little to be gained by the so called benefits of hindsight.

Osborne is a champion and should've performed, and he did. Seely very likely would've been at least a top 10 factor but was scuppered by forces beyond his control. Covington had what could be described as an off day. That doesn't mean the decision making behind his selection was wrong. Cairoli is a 9 time champion and he (by his standards) also had an off day. Full respect to all those guys, it takes balls to put yourself out there in front of thousands of people and risk your wellbeing.

Edit.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
10/1/2017 10:30am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 10:31am
I'm starting to not like this event, not because we aren't winning but because I hate how much pressure it puts on top U.S. based athletes.

All the hate really sucks ass, I thought Zach did a phenomenal job, Covington held deano off like a gangster for a while, Seely obviously had some stuff to deal with but all in all for 37th gate pick I thought we did what we could and did even better than initially expected (after gate pick)
Crush
10/1/2017 10:35am
There's nothing wrong with pointing out that a rider had an "off day" when they clearly had an off day. The one that mildly irritates me...
There's nothing wrong with pointing out that a rider had an "off day" when they clearly had an off day. The one that mildly irritates me (and this goes for fans from all countries) is the "We should've sent so and so instead" fans. It's like after the result everyone suddenly becomes clairvoyant... Of course there's always debates and arguments for picking one rider over another - but unless it's a situation where an AVAILABLE, superior rider is clearly being left at home over a worse one etc, then there's little to be gained by the so called benefits of hindsight.

Osborne is a champion and should've performed, and he did. Seely very likely would've been at least a top 10 factor but was scuppered by forces beyond his control. Covington had what could be described as an off day. That doesn't mean the decision making behind his selection was wrong. Cairoli is a 9 time champion and he (by his standards) also had an off day. Full respect to all those guys, it takes balls to put yourself out there in front of thousands of people and risk your wellbeing.

Edit.
Don't get me wrong. Bench racing is one of the things that makes Moto so cool.

Just the cunty attitude. Like Roger is a double crossing foreigner doing the wrong thing, or this person choked or whatever. There's a pretty obvious difference to me, and it's also obvious how much better it is when the USA are there. Anything that detracts from that is bad news.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/1/2017 10:36am
Park Boys wrote:
cjg23307 wrote:
True! I heard the same thing.
I was told opposite on J-Mart but if he did, I'm bummed he wasn't asked or talked to about it.
cason402
10/1/2017 10:39am
Crush wrote:
Reading some of the threads and social media... If you're blaming Roger the foreigner's for picking Seely in the mud, or Covington's effort, or anything else...

I'd like to ask you, not to judge a nation, by the most vocal internet forum posters.

I'll just say that having been a fan of motocross since 1971, and being an american, I thoroughly enjoyed the Des Nations this year.

what incredible riders there are throughout the world and France is, so obviously, a well deserved champion.

some like to say the mud is the great equalizer, and whereas there have been mud races where you get the odd winner, i think a scan of the history of mud races, would provide a story of great riders riding great in the mud. those boys today showed amazing skills and raced with the heart and determination that only great motocrossers possess.

long live moto!

Crush
10/1/2017 10:40am
Park Boys wrote:
cjg23307 wrote:
True! I heard the same thing.
ML512 wrote:
I was told opposite on J-Mart but if he did, I'm bummed he wasn't asked or talked to about it.
Pretty sure they mentioned on Pulp that Honda didn't want to send two bikes.

Post a reply to: USA Fan negativity

The Latest