USA 450 Riders MXON

Related:
Create New Tag

6/12/2022 4:10 AM

TXDirt wrote:

Eli, Sexton, Cooper.

Anderson is way to inconsistent especially with his starts.

bowl wrote:

Cooper great starter, should get consistent result

He’s a pretty decent starter. So is Sexton. Anderson is very inconsistent with his starts.

|

6/12/2022 9:36 PM

Take all the American 450 riders doing the outdoors, take the 3 with the highest average finish at Red Bud for their career, thats your American team. Lowest average finish of the 3 rides the 250.

|

6/12/2022 9:44 PM

Tomac, Sexton, Anderson on the 250

|

6/12/2022 9:46 PM

DGE.532 wrote:

The body of work is we got our asses kicked at this race if we even bothered to show up until RD took over the effort because ...more

Ok. Let’s just forget about the “body of work” for the last 9 years I suppose….

🤣

|

6/13/2022 12:43 AM

mx313 wrote:

Renaux is prob done for the season so he is out.
Febvre hasn't raced this year yet.
Ferrandis is currently out and if he isn't ...more

Well, if you know Renaux is out ( 4 broken Vertebrae) , you should know Febvre is back racing. With a 4th and a 7th - not a bad return on a tricky, demanding circuit.

|

6/13/2022 12:55 AM

MX1- Tomac
MX2- Sexton
OPEN- Anderson.










(I bet some dumbass replies to this and says “you’re stupid, Sexton rides a 450 now”) 🙄

|

A grown-up who will NEVER down-vote you, no matter what you say.

Go on- show the world you're a powerful S.O.B and hit that downvote button! You're such a badass! :-)

6/13/2022 12:58 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

I think a healthy Febvre would be picked over a healthy Ferrandis . Renaux before him also . They tend to stick with GP riders ...more

mx313 wrote:

Renaux is prob done for the season so he is out.
Febvre hasn't raced this year yet.
Ferrandis is currently out and if he isn't ...more

Bearuno wrote:

Well, if you know Renaux is out ( 4 broken Vertebrae) , you should know Febvre is back racing. With a 4th and a 7th - not a ...more

That's why I said febvre hasn't raced "yet". I posted that before the race and at that time we didn't know if he would be good or have issues

|

6/13/2022 1:26 AM

It's a long time to the race so lots of things can happen, we saw that with Renoux in the weekend.

But USA is in a really, really good spot. But we said the same in 2018 and know what happened then, the team was as strong as it could get and they missed the podium. Personally i really hope USA manages to finally win again!

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

6/13/2022 1:27 AM

Tomac and Anderson (or Sexton) plus J. Cooper on the 250.

French should go with Febvre + Renaux and either Vialle or Benistant on the 250.

Netherlands, Vlaanderen and Coldenhoff + De Wolf or Elzinga

Belgium got Van Horebeek and Van Doninck + Geerts

Spain with Prado and Fernandez + Oliver, Martinez or Braceras on the 250

Australia should put Hunter on the 450 with Evans + Jett in the 250...

|

6/13/2022 1:40 AM

mx313 wrote:

Renaux is prob done for the season so he is out.
Febvre hasn't raced this year yet.
Ferrandis is currently out and if he isn't ...more

Bearuno wrote:

Well, if you know Renaux is out ( 4 broken Vertebrae) , you should know Febvre is back racing. With a 4th and a 7th - not a ...more

mx313 wrote:

That's why I said febvre hasn't raced "yet". I posted that before the race and at that time we didn't know if he would be good ...more

He already did fine in the qualifying race though

|

6/13/2022 1:43 AM

kaidodragon wrote:

Tomac and Anderson (or Sexton) plus J. Cooper on the 250.

French should go with Febvre + Renaux and either Vialle or ...more

Renaux broke about 4 or 5 vertebrae and his coccyx on the weekend I would guess you won't see him race again this season. So if ferrandis is back I assume he will be in the team. But there's no guarantee he will be back. And I doubt he will race mxon if he isn't racing nationals.

|

6/13/2022 6:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/13/2022 9:42 AM

At least France has a few riders to work with, unlike some of the other countries that have a huge drop off after 1 or 2 guys.

Ferrandis - Febvre - Vialle... If Dylan is ready, that's a remarkably good team.

It's a bit more of a stretch, but even Febvre - Vialle - Benistant is a solid team.



If I was picking the US team today, I'd go:

Tomac - MX1
Cooper - MX2
Sexton - Open

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

With ZachO retired, it's JA21 and AP for me...

TG243 fan!

6/13/2022 6:57 AM

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

MX1- Tomac
MX2- Sexton
OPEN- Anderson.










(I bet some dumbass replies to this and says “you’re stupid, Sexton rides a ...more

This was suggested by TropicPilot on the first page of this thread, 10th post. He received almost unanimous support. You will be down voted not because of your suggestion but because of your unnecessarily defensive parenthetical.

|

6/13/2022 7:58 AM

Our three best riders are Tomac, Sexton and Anderson. I like the idea of Sexton on the 250 but we have to consider how long it takes to get the bike set up for him. Some guys lose 5 places because their off a clicker or two. I don't think Chase is one of those guys

|

6/13/2022 7:59 AM

DonM wrote:

Yeah and Kawi refused to be on the same headset communication with the team and used the race to test the 2019 ...more

LungButter wrote:

They might play nicer if we had a new team manager.....

All these picks are great but I would just about bet my paycheck that ...more

DonM wrote:

Roger's not the problem...Kawi management is, and if they don't want to be part of the team and play by the rules then the ...more

Swap is a Bruce hater

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

6/13/2022 8:06 AM

kaidodragon wrote:

Tomac and Anderson (or Sexton) plus J. Cooper on the 250.

French should go with Febvre + Renaux and either Vialle or ...more

Herlings should be back for the last GPs and for MXON. This is his goal for 2022. Hence should give them Herlings, Coldenhoff, Vlaanderen and Boogers for 450 and de Wolf and Elzinga for 250 to play with

|

6/13/2022 9:33 AM

After this weekend I still say Chase and I am leaning towards Tomac. All of you fantasizing about one of them dropping down to the 250 are kidding yourselves. Not gonna happen. The 250 guy will likely be Cooper and that's fine by me because he is a great starter.

|

6/13/2022 10:15 AM

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

MX1- Tomac
MX2- Sexton
OPEN- Anderson.










(I bet some dumbass replies to this and says “you’re stupid, Sexton rides a ...more

GrapeApe wrote:

This was suggested by TropicPilot on the first page of this thread, 10th post. He received almost unanimous support. You will ...more

Around this time last year I suggested Sexton should fill the MX2 spot and someone (can’t remember who) replied “duhhhhhh, Sexton rides a 450, dickhead, duhhhh”

Or something similar..

|

A grown-up who will NEVER down-vote you, no matter what you say.

Go on- show the world you're a powerful S.O.B and hit that downvote button! You're such a badass! :-)

6/13/2022 12:41 PM

The MX2 results are often the deciding factor on winners and losers and Nations... If sold right to Sexton, that he is the key to winning, he might just do it. Knowing that he'll likely have many more 450 opportunities moving forward.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

With ZachO retired, it's JA21 and AP for me...

TG243 fan!

6/13/2022 12:56 PM

Press516 wrote:

The MX2 results are often the deciding factor on winners and losers and Nations... If sold right to Sexton, that he is the key ...more

But would he be faster and better starter than Justin Cooper on a 250?

|

6/13/2022 1:19 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Ferrandis, Renaux, Vialle.

Febvre if Ferrandis can't make it.

ATKpilot99 wrote:

I think a healthy Febvre would be picked over a healthy Ferrandis . Renaux before him also . They tend to stick with GP riders ...more

mx313 wrote:

Renaux is prob done for the season so he is out.
Febvre hasn't raced this year yet.
Ferrandis is currently out and if he isn't ...more

I would imagine Ferrandis will be itching to ride by MXdN. And he has raced Redbud plenty of times and won there last year. I'd go with Dylan if he's healed

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

6/13/2022 1:34 PM

Press516 wrote:

The MX2 results are often the deciding factor on winners and losers and Nations... If sold right to Sexton, that he is the key ...more

LungButter wrote:

But would he be faster and better starter than Justin Cooper on a 250?

Better starter? They are close. Maybe a slight edge to Cooper. Faster? I am confident yes. I like Cooper, but indications are, Chase is the "fast" guy right now.

As I said early on, we'll have our best data in about 3 weeks after Red Bud. wink I think the eye test at Red Bud will be important to picking the team. Guys like certain tracks better than others... If Ando goes 1-2 for the overall and Tomac goes 3-1 and Chase is 4-6 and not sharp (he was 8-4 for P6 as I recall last year), then you've got to look at that. And in 2020 Chase went 9-9 and 3-4, not his best track. On the other hand, he's maturing and we may see something completely different in 2022....

In 2020, Cooper went 9-6 and 7-5 at Red Bud... In 2021 he went 4-1 for P2 overall behind RJ...

RJ went 2-3 and 2-5 with an overall and a 2nd in 2020 and 2-2 and the overall in 2021, he's won 2 of the last 3 nationals at Red Bud on a 250 and was 2nd in the other one. I'm not suggesting he's the pick, and he might not even be back this year, but I think the data is important. And he did all that while on the ground like 4 times...

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

With ZachO retired, it's JA21 and AP for me...

TG243 fan!

6/13/2022 3:32 PM

TropicPilot wrote:

I'd put Sexton on that Honda 250 that's been winning nationals, a la O'Mara '86. Then with Eli and Jason on their 450s just go ...more

This. I think this is the team USA that we need to see.

|

6/13/2022 3:41 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

USA-Ando & Eli

Canada-Wright & T’Dags

-MAVERICK- wrote:

USA

MX1: Tomac
MX2: Cooper
Open: Sexton

Canada

MX1: Wright
MX2: McNabb or Piccolo
Open: Pettis (He'll get back up to speed) ...more

I’m thinking I’m sticking with T’Dags.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

6/13/2022 4:01 PM

LungButter wrote:

They might play nicer if we had a new team manager.....

All these picks are great but I would just about bet my paycheck that ...more

DonM wrote:

Roger's not the problem...Kawi management is, and if they don't want to be part of the team and play by the rules then the ...more

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Swap is a Bruce hater

Nah not a hater...just disagree with the decision making...

|

I’M NOT F*#$ING SWAP….OK!

6/13/2022 4:10 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

USA-Ando & Eli

Canada-Wright & T’Dags

-MAVERICK- wrote:

USA

MX1: Tomac
MX2: Cooper
Open: Sexton

Canada

MX1: Wright
MX2: McNabb or Piccolo
Open: Pettis (He'll get back up to speed) ...more

TeamGreen wrote:

I’m thinking I’m sticking with T’Dags.

We'll see how quick Pettis can come back from injury.

Can't catch a break (no pun intended).

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/13/2022 4:40 PM

Damn, its a very hard choice right now. You cant go wrong with coop or chase on a 250. Coop has done it before so that's a bonus. And lets not forget Anderson beating Jeffery straight up. I sure as heck wont

|

6/13/2022 4:56 PM

Yeti831 wrote:

This. I think this is the team USA that we need to see.

Which team will line up in 2023,just asking for a friend????w00t

|

6/13/2022 5:31 PM

flinttropicsMX wrote:

Damn, its a very hard choice right now. You cant go wrong with coop or chase on a 250. Coop has done it before so that's a ...more

That's a good point that Coop has some experience already. I can't see Sexton doing a better job than JC on the 250. It's not like he was a world beater on the 250, he had one moto win. And he's been off it for years. I remember when he jumped up to the 450 for 2020 mx, a lot of fans thought he would struggle to get top 10. He's a better 450 rider, keep him on it.
Cooper 250
Eli and Chase 450

|

6/13/2022 5:55 PM

flinttropicsMX wrote:

Damn, its a very hard choice right now. You cant go wrong with coop or chase on a 250. Coop has done it before so that's a ...more

Chris_Buehler wrote:

That's a good point that Coop has some experience already. I can't see Sexton doing a better job than JC on the 250. It's not ...more

Yup exactly. If Cooper is 100% ready to rock n roll by dilla. I think we go with him. The only thing I can hope for is that they're asking these riders everything they can about going. If someone is on the fence... forget it

|