USA 450 Riders MXON

S.A. Weave
6/12/2022 9:36pm
Take all the American 450 riders doing the outdoors, take the 3 with the highest average finish at Red Bud for their career, thats your American team. Lowest average finish of the 3 rides the 250.
JMR1976
6/12/2022 9:44pm
Tomac, Sexton, Anderson on the 250
LungButter
6/12/2022 9:46pm
DGE.532 wrote:
The body of work is we got our asses kicked at this race if we even bothered to show up until RD took over the effort...
The body of work is we got our asses kicked at this race if we even bothered to show up until RD took over the effort because like everything else in this country if someone can't make a billion dollars off it it doesn't happen.
Ok. Let’s just forget about the “body of work” for the last 9 years I suppose….

🤣
Bearuno
6/13/2022 12:43am
mx313 wrote:
Renaux is prob done for the season so he is out. Febvre hasn't raced this year yet. Ferrandis is currently out and if he isn't back...
Renaux is prob done for the season so he is out.
Febvre hasn't raced this year yet.
Ferrandis is currently out and if he isn't back by round 6 I doubt he comes back at all. And if he sits out mx I doubt he races mxon.
So France might not have the stars racing that thru should.
Well, if you know Renaux is out ( 4 broken Vertebrae) , you should know Febvre is back racing. With a 4th and a 7th - not a bad return on a tricky, demanding circuit.

The Shop

mx313
6/13/2022 12:58am
mx313 wrote:
Renaux is prob done for the season so he is out. Febvre hasn't raced this year yet. Ferrandis is currently out and if he isn't back...
Ferrandis is currently out and if he isn't back by round 6 I doubt he comes back at all. And if he sits out mx I doubt he races mxon.
Bearuno wrote:
Well, if you know Renaux is out ( 4 broken Vertebrae) , you should know Febvre is back racing. With a 4th and a 7th -...
Well, if you know Renaux is out ( 4 broken Vertebrae) , you should know Febvre is back racing. With a 4th and a 7th - not a bad return on a tricky, demanding circuit.
That's why I said febvre hasn't raced "yet". I posted that before the race and at that time we didn't know if he would be good or have issues
Motofinne
6/13/2022 1:26am
It's a long time to the race so lots of things can happen, we saw that with Renoux in the weekend.

But USA is in a really, really good spot. But we said the same in 2018 and know what happened then, the team was as strong as it could get and they missed the podium. Personally i really hope USA manages to finally win again!
6/13/2022 1:27am
Tomac and Anderson (or Sexton) plus J. Cooper on the 250.

French should go with Febvre + Renaux and either Vialle or Benistant on the 250.

Netherlands, Vlaanderen and Coldenhoff + De Wolf or Elzinga

Belgium got Van Horebeek and Van Doninck + Geerts

Spain with Prado and Fernandez + Oliver, Martinez or Braceras on the 250

Australia should put Hunter on the 450 with Evans + Jett in the 250...
Juck
Fantasy
330th
6/13/2022 1:40am
mx313 wrote:
Bearuno wrote:
Well, if you know Renaux is out ( 4 broken Vertebrae) , you should know Febvre is back racing. With a 4th and a 7th -...
mx313 wrote:
That's why I said febvre hasn't raced "yet". I posted that before the race and at that time we didn't know if he would be good...
That's why I said febvre hasn't raced "yet". I posted that before the race and at that time we didn't know if he would be good or have issues
He already did fine in the qualifying race though
mx313
6/13/2022 1:43am
Tomac and Anderson (or Sexton) plus J. Cooper on the 250. French should go with Febvre + Renaux and either Vialle or Benistant on the 250...

French should go with Febvre + Renaux and either Vialle or Benistant on the 250.

Renaux broke about 4 or 5 vertebrae and his coccyx on the weekend I would guess you won't see him race again this season. So if ferrandis is back I assume he will be in the team. But there's no guarantee he will be back. And I doubt he will race mxon if he isn't racing nationals.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
6/13/2022 6:45am Edited Date/Time 6/13/2022 9:42am
At least France has a few riders to work with, unlike some of the other countries that have a huge drop off after 1 or 2 guys.

Ferrandis - Febvre - Vialle... If Dylan is ready, that's a remarkably good team.

It's a bit more of a stretch, but even Febvre - Vialle - Benistant is a solid team.

If I was picking the US team today, I'd go:

Tomac - MX1
Cooper - MX2
Sexton - Open

GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
6/13/2022 6:57am
MX1- Tomac
MX2- Sexton
OPEN- Anderson.

(I bet some dumbass replies to this and says “you’re stupid, Sexton rides a 450 now”) 🙄
This was suggested by TropicPilot on the first page of this thread, 10th post. He received almost unanimous support. You will be down voted not because of your suggestion but because of your unnecessarily defensive parenthetical.
karsmakers
6/13/2022 7:58am
Our three best riders are Tomac, Sexton and Anderson. I like the idea of Sexton on the 250 but we have to consider how long it takes to get the bike set up for him. Some guys lose 5 places because their off a clicker or two. I don't think Chase is one of those guys
Johnny Ringo
6/13/2022 7:59am
DonM wrote:
Yeah and Kawi refused to be on the same headset communication with the team and used the race to test the 2019 bike...hopefully if Jason goes...
Yeah and Kawi refused to be on the same headset communication with the team and used the race to test the 2019 bike...hopefully if Jason goes they will be more of a team player than they were before....
LungButter wrote:
They might play nicer if we had a new team manager..... All these picks are great but I would just about bet my paycheck that regardless...
They might play nicer if we had a new team manager.....

All these picks are great but I would just about bet my paycheck that regardless of results either Dungey or AP will be on the Team....Roger gonna Roger so Team Austria will be on Team USA if at all possible......
DonM wrote:
Roger's not the problem...Kawi management is, and if they don't want to be part of the team and play by the rules then the hell with...
Roger's not the problem...Kawi management is, and if they don't want to be part of the team and play by the rules then the hell with them...
Swap is a Bruce hater
PjotrrB
6/13/2022 8:06am
Tomac and Anderson (or Sexton) plus J. Cooper on the 250. French should go with Febvre + Renaux and either Vialle or Benistant on the 250...

Herlings should be back for the last GPs and for MXON. This is his goal for 2022. Hence should give them Herlings, Coldenhoff, Vlaanderen and Boogers for 450 and de Wolf and Elzinga for 250 to play with
motomike137
6/13/2022 9:33am
After this weekend I still say Chase and I am leaning towards Tomac. All of you fantasizing about one of them dropping down to the 250 are kidding yourselves. Not gonna happen. The 250 guy will likely be Cooper and that's fine by me because he is a great starter.
6/13/2022 10:15am
MX1- Tomac
MX2- Sexton
OPEN- Anderson.

(I bet some dumbass replies to this and says “you’re stupid, Sexton rides a 450 now”) 🙄
GrapeApe wrote:
This was suggested by TropicPilot on the first page of this thread, 10th post. He received almost unanimous support. You will be down voted not because...
This was suggested by TropicPilot on the first page of this thread, 10th post. He received almost unanimous support. You will be down voted not because of your suggestion but because of your unnecessarily defensive parenthetical.
Around this time last year I suggested Sexton should fill the MX2 spot and someone (can’t remember who) replied “duhhhhhh, Sexton rides a 450, dickhead, duhhhh”

Or something similar..

Press516
Fantasy
90th
6/13/2022 12:41pm
The MX2 results are often the deciding factor on winners and losers and Nations... If sold right to Sexton, that he is the key to winning, he might just do it. Knowing that he'll likely have many more 450 opportunities moving forward.

LungButter
6/13/2022 12:56pm
Press516 wrote:
The MX2 results are often the deciding factor on winners and losers and Nations... If sold right to Sexton, that he is the key to winning...
The MX2 results are often the deciding factor on winners and losers and Nations... If sold right to Sexton, that he is the key to winning, he might just do it. Knowing that he'll likely have many more 450 opportunities moving forward.

But would he be faster and better starter than Justin Cooper on a 250?

hubbardmx50
6/13/2022 1:19pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Ferrandis, Renaux, Vialle.

Febvre if Ferrandis can't make it.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I think a healthy Febvre would be picked over a healthy Ferrandis . Renaux before him also . They tend to stick with GP riders and...
I think a healthy Febvre would be picked over a healthy Ferrandis . Renaux before him also . They tend to stick with GP riders and who can argue with them .
mx313 wrote:
I would imagine Ferrandis will be itching to ride by MXdN. And he has raced Redbud plenty of times and won there last year. I'd go with Dylan if he's healed
Press516
Fantasy
90th
6/13/2022 1:34pm
Press516 wrote:
The MX2 results are often the deciding factor on winners and losers and Nations... If sold right to Sexton, that he is the key to winning...

LungButter wrote:
But would he be faster and better starter than Justin Cooper on a 250?

Better starter? They are close. Maybe a slight edge to Cooper. Faster? I am confident yes. I like Cooper, but indications are, Chase is the "fast" guy right now.

As I said early on, we'll have our best data in about 3 weeks after Red Bud. Wink I think the eye test at Red Bud will be important to picking the team. Guys like certain tracks better than others... If Ando goes 1-2 for the overall and Tomac goes 3-1 and Chase is 4-6 and not sharp (he was 8-4 for P6 as I recall last year), then you've got to look at that. And in 2020 Chase went 9-9 and 3-4, not his best track. On the other hand, he's maturing and we may see something completely different in 2022....

In 2020, Cooper went 9-6 and 7-5 at Red Bud... In 2021 he went 4-1 for P2 overall behind RJ...

RJ went 2-3 and 2-5 with an overall and a 2nd in 2020 and 2-2 and the overall in 2021, he's won 2 of the last 3 nationals at Red Bud on a 250 and was 2nd in the other one. I'm not suggesting he's the pick, and he might not even be back this year, but I think the data is important. And he did all that while on the ground like 4 times...
Yeti831
6/13/2022 3:32pm
I'd put Sexton on that Honda 250 that's been winning nationals, a la O'Mara '86. Then with Eli and Jason on their 450s just go out...
I'd put Sexton on that Honda 250 that's been winning nationals, a la O'Mara '86. Then with Eli and Jason on their 450s just go out and collect that big trophy.
This. I think this is the team USA that we need to see.
TeamGreen
6/13/2022 3:41pm
TeamGreen wrote:
USA-Ando & Eli

Canada-Wright & T’Dags
-MAVERICK- wrote:
USA MX1: Tomac MX2: Cooper Open: Sexton Canada MX1: Wright MX2: McNabb or Piccolo Open: Pettis (He'll get back up to speed) I like Tyler, but...
USA

MX1: Tomac
MX2: Cooper
Open: Sexton

Canada

MX1: Wright
MX2: McNabb or Piccolo
Open: Pettis (He'll get back up to speed)

I like Tyler, but Pettis is faster.

If our guys are healthy, I think we could get our best result yet with that team. Looking forward to it.

France

MX1: Ferrandis
MX2: Vialle
Open: Renaux

If Ferrandis can't make it, put Febvre in.
I’m thinking I’m sticking with T’Dags.
DonM
6/13/2022 4:01pm
LungButter wrote:
They might play nicer if we had a new team manager..... All these picks are great but I would just about bet my paycheck that regardless...
They might play nicer if we had a new team manager.....

All these picks are great but I would just about bet my paycheck that regardless of results either Dungey or AP will be on the Team....Roger gonna Roger so Team Austria will be on Team USA if at all possible......
DonM wrote:
Roger's not the problem...Kawi management is, and if they don't want to be part of the team and play by the rules then the hell with...
Roger's not the problem...Kawi management is, and if they don't want to be part of the team and play by the rules then the hell with them...
Swap is a Bruce hater
Nah not a hater...just disagree with the decision making...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/13/2022 4:10pm
TeamGreen wrote:
USA-Ando & Eli

Canada-Wright & T’Dags
-MAVERICK- wrote:
USA MX1: Tomac MX2: Cooper Open: Sexton Canada MX1: Wright MX2: McNabb or Piccolo Open: Pettis (He'll get back up to speed) I like Tyler, but...
USA

MX1: Tomac
MX2: Cooper
Open: Sexton

Canada

MX1: Wright
MX2: McNabb or Piccolo
Open: Pettis (He'll get back up to speed)

I like Tyler, but Pettis is faster.

If our guys are healthy, I think we could get our best result yet with that team. Looking forward to it.

France

MX1: Ferrandis
MX2: Vialle
Open: Renaux

If Ferrandis can't make it, put Febvre in.
TeamGreen wrote:
I’m thinking I’m sticking with T’Dags.
We'll see how quick Pettis can come back from injury.

Can't catch a break (no pun intended).
6/13/2022 4:40pm
Damn, its a very hard choice right now. You cant go wrong with coop or chase on a 250. Coop has done it before so that's a bonus. And lets not forget Anderson beating Jeffery straight up. I sure as heck wont
6/13/2022 4:56pm
Yeti831 wrote:
This. I think this is the team USA that we need to see.
Which team will line up in 2023,just asking for a friend????Woohoo
6/13/2022 5:31pm
Damn, its a very hard choice right now. You cant go wrong with coop or chase on a 250. Coop has done it before so that's...
Damn, its a very hard choice right now. You cant go wrong with coop or chase on a 250. Coop has done it before so that's a bonus. And lets not forget Anderson beating Jeffery straight up. I sure as heck wont
That's a good point that Coop has some experience already. I can't see Sexton doing a better job than JC on the 250. It's not like he was a world beater on the 250, he had one moto win. And he's been off it for years. I remember when he jumped up to the 450 for 2020 mx, a lot of fans thought he would struggle to get top 10. He's a better 450 rider, keep him on it.
Cooper 250
Eli and Chase 450
6/13/2022 5:55pm
Damn, its a very hard choice right now. You cant go wrong with coop or chase on a 250. Coop has done it before so that's...
That's a good point that Coop has some experience already. I can't see Sexton doing a better job than JC on the 250. It's not like...
That's a good point that Coop has some experience already. I can't see Sexton doing a better job than JC on the 250. It's not like he was a world beater on the 250, he had one moto win. And he's been off it for years. I remember when he jumped up to the 450 for 2020 mx, a lot of fans thought he would struggle to get top 10. He's a better 450 rider, keep him on it.
Cooper 250
Eli and Chase 450
Yup exactly. If Cooper is 100% ready to rock n roll by dilla. I think we go with him. The only thing I can hope for is that they're asking these riders everything they can about going. If someone is on the fence... forget it
VanDan
6/13/2022 6:32pm
450: Top American in 450 class
250: Top American in 250 class
Open: Second best American in 450 class

Post a reply to: USA 450 Riders MXON

The Latest