US vs MXGP shedule

Related:
Create New Tag

11/29/2018 11:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2018 11:46 AM

The the US schedule is longer than European? Euro seososn starts in January with Italian CC, ADAC masters an ends in the late of september... That means 20 mxgps. Every weekend 3 races. Then in every free wknd from MXGP, local nationals for every racer who has oblications for their local spoonsors, that means at least 3-4 weekends with everyone contains 3 races per weekend. Where the fuck is coming that undesrstandind that US schedule is longer? Forget about already that crap. Euro guys have much longer season than US Guys..Sick and tired to hear that US guys had so long schedule, than they can't even race the MXDN

|

Power is nothing without control

11/29/2018 11:46 AM

You're really this worked up about whether a series' schedule is longer than another? Yikes.

|

Might order a pizza, take a nap, doesn't really matter.

11/29/2018 11:48 AM

Photo
|

11/29/2018 11:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2018 11:52 AM

SKlein wrote:

You're really this worked up about whether a series' schedule is longer than another? Yikes.

Yikes? I have to hear it all the time how hard and long the US schediule

|

11/29/2018 11:51 AM

I have a good bottle of wine with me. So let's go

|

11/29/2018 11:55 AM

keinz wrote:

By the sounds of it that bottle has been empty for a while.

|

Might order a pizza, take a nap, doesn't really matter.

11/29/2018 12:01 PM

GP-20 Rounds in 5 months with more breaks. Are the local country races/championships required or are they up to the rider to do? Aren't those also only 3-5 rounds each?

US- 17 SX races in 4 months with 1 break before the last 2 rounds. 1 week break between SX and MX. 12 rounds of nationals with only 3 off weeks. That also doesn't include off season races like MXdN, Monster Cup or any other European SX stuff they do.

There's the differences.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

11/29/2018 12:03 PM

SKlein wrote:

keinz wrote:

You have to ?

|

11/29/2018 12:05 PM

keinz wrote:

Sounds like someone just wants to be angry and use his wine as an excuse. If you wanna go full retard and start a war, I can find you an exit door...

|

11/29/2018 12:06 PM

SKlein wrote:

He had the beginnings of a meltdown about it in the mx world thread so I guess it continues here.

|

11/29/2018 12:07 PM

SKlein wrote:

keinz wrote:

haha.....long.....hard

|

11/29/2018 12:10 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

GP-20 Rounds in 5 months with more breaks. Are the local country races/championships required or are they up to the rider to ...more

Do the math 20 GPs 60 races.. 4 rounds local nationals.12 races..Every GP racer have to do in one season, at least 72 races.

|

11/29/2018 12:12 PM

keinz wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Sounds like someone just wants to be angry and use his wine as an excuse. If you wanna go full retard and start a war, I can ...more

Surely you're not gonna click someone for having an opinion ?

|

11/29/2018 12:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/29/2018 12:16 PM

footglove wrote:

haha.....long.....hard

I'm Estonian, ad english is not my first language. How many times I have tell that. If you want I can write or spoke wit you with 4 didderent language. Estonian, Finnish, Russia or English. Pick the one

|

11/29/2018 12:15 PM

keinz wrote:

Do the math 20 GPs 60 races.. 4 rounds local nationals.12 races..Every GP racer have to do in one season, at least 72 races.

You win races on your days off, race days are easy, it's the extreme amount of travel/training in a shorter period of time that's takes its toll.

|

11/29/2018 12:15 PM

keinz wrote:

footglove wrote:

haha.....long.....hard

keinz wrote:

I'm Estonian, ad english is not my first language. How many times I have tell that. If you want I can write or spoke wit you ...more

Not making fun of your English skills at all

Just reminded me of Beavis & Butthead

|

11/29/2018 12:18 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

GP-20 Rounds in 5 months with more breaks. Are the local country races/championships required or are they up to the rider to ...more

keinz wrote:

If you’re gonna count qualifying races, we can count that for Supercross as well.

A 450 rider will on average race 68 times due to the triple crown format. This biggest difference in length of the schedules is we are racing two disciplines of equal level for competition. For a MXGP ride they can use the winter races as warmup and the big boy show doesn’t start until March. In the US we have to be ready for Supercross the first week of January and requires the guys to start testing and preparing right after Monster Cup. Our schedule includes more high profile events over more weekend. More back to back travel, less weeks off or local travel.

|

11/29/2018 12:20 PM

keinz wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Sounds like someone just wants to be angry and use his wine as an excuse. If you wanna go full retard and start a war, I can ...more

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Surely you're not gonna click someone for having an opinion ?

Naw, I’m gonna click someone if they go full retard and start causing a war and admitedly doing so while drinking/drunk. There’s having an opinion and there having a motive to just cause shit. I have a feeling this one is going towards the later.

|

11/29/2018 12:22 PM

keinz wrote:

The the US schedule is longer than European? Euro seososn starts in January with Italian CC, ADAC masters an ends in the late ...more

Ask Roczen, Musquin, Ferrandis, Tonus and not some guys on the internet...
All of them say the US season is more tiring in total. All of them have done GPs and national championships.

|

11/29/2018 12:22 PM

Keinz nothing you say is going to change anyones mind. The US is the best country on earth. End of story no discussion. Go back to your little estonia thats smaller than the size of LA.

|

11/29/2018 12:24 PM

So, the MXGP schedule is long. And honestly there is a lot of travel, especially with Argentia and Asia factored in. This cannot be discounted.

However, with respect to the USA schedule, for the 450SX riders I would argue that 17 rounds in 18 weeks is way tougher than anyone from Europe could possibly understand. Those guys are only "home" for ~4 days per week for the better part of 4 months. There is very little chance to recover from minor injury, and come Vegas I bet most guys have something bothering them physically. They finish up first week in May, and maybe if they are lucky have 2 free weekends before the MX nationals start. Most guys are beat up, tired of travel, and managing some form of injury by then and a new 12-round series starts. It's pretty gruelling.

The MXGP weekend is long, with a lot of track time. But it is very spread out. The 1-day format at a USA National is intense. It is a LONG day and often in brutally hot weather. ONE hour between 1st and 2nd motos.

Let's just agree that both series are tough in their own rights.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

11/29/2018 12:28 PM

kb228 wrote:

Keinz nothing you say is going to change anyones mind. The US is the best country on earth. End of story no discussion. Go ...more

Jep. But I have an opinion. That's why the forums are

|

11/29/2018 12:34 PM

keinz wrote:

The the US schedule is longer than European? Euro seososn starts in January with Italian CC, ADAC masters an ends in the late ...more

Keinz......Brother I've always dug your posts here , but for some reason as of late , you sure are taking a lot of shot's towards American's and their rider's. I'm not sure why , but if it's because a few knucklehead's here pissed you off some way??.....Don't listen to them. MX / SX is great on both sides of the pond.....why not just enjoy all of it?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/29/2018 12:38 PM

keinz wrote:

Should we count each heat race and main (mininum) each week for SX, and split up the motos for the nationals, the way that you're doing?

|

11/29/2018 12:39 PM

kb228 wrote:

Keinz nothing you say is going to change anyones mind. The US is the best country on earth. End of story no discussion. Go ...more

keinz wrote:

Jep. But I have an opinion. That's why the forums are

I think we're into bottle two now. wink

|

11/29/2018 12:40 PM

ML512 wrote:

Naw, I’m gonna click someone if they go full retard and start causing a war and admitedly doing so while drinking/drunk. There ...more

Settle, settle...don't you have a 250 shootout to get ready for? wink

|

11/29/2018 12:43 PM

What if the usa factory teams had 1 SX 450 rider and 1 MX 450 rider. They could pay both riders less since they would be racing 50% (or less) of the year. Allow the riders to specialize on 1 sport instead of 2 and give them plenty of time away from the races. The factory MX 450 rider could focus solely on outdoor motocross. Same (or less) budget for the teams. Same amount of rides. How could this not help the usa teams, riders and fans?

|

11/29/2018 12:46 PM

You should work out the actual track time. You’d be surprised how big a difference it is. Ten minute SX heat and 15-20 minute finals versus the GP and Euro national race times.

|

11/29/2018 12:55 PM

please Herlings! race one year in US sx/mx and let this shit stop.... please

|

11/29/2018 12:57 PM

Taddy wrote:

please Herlings! race one year in US sx/mx and let this shit stop.... please

He would literally rather pick up trash than face the Americans at the Paris SX

|