US pro motocross

8/31/2017 1:23am
Europe has a fast guy...that doesn't declare the state of American moto in peril.. Let's line them all up week after week for a summer and...
Europe has a fast guy...that doesn't declare the state of American moto in peril..

Let's line them all up week after week for a summer and take the averages before we put a crown on europes head...

I said it last week and my thread got blasted...herlings beat tomac who backed it down to get his title...Marvin isn't ours so who cares...

Dungey, villopotto, rc, stew, we were all waiting for years to see Europes best come over for a race or two...where were you then? Tomac is our mentally weakest champion in a long time...

Herlings got his 1-1 on about the most depleted field he could find...

Look at the names missing from the list(injured/recent retired)that would have made his trek to the front a bit tougher

He was flying by 3 digit guys all the way to about 7th...

If I was European I wouldn't hang my hat on it...but you will
dude really ? thats a lot of butthurt for a single race Blink

8/31/2017 3:41am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2017 3:44am
Europe has a fast guy...that doesn't declare the state of American moto in peril.. Let's line them all up week after week for a summer and...
Europe has a fast guy...that doesn't declare the state of American moto in peril..

Let's line them all up week after week for a summer and take the averages before we put a crown on europes head...

I said it last week and my thread got blasted...herlings beat tomac who backed it down to get his title...Marvin isn't ours so who cares...

Dungey, villopotto, rc, stew, we were all waiting for years to see Europes best come over for a race or two...where were you then? Tomac is our mentally weakest champion in a long time...

Herlings got his 1-1 on about the most depleted field he could find...

Look at the names missing from the list(injured/recent retired)that would have made his trek to the front a bit tougher

He was flying by 3 digit guys all the way to about 7th...

If I was European I wouldn't hang my hat on it...but you will
The thread was started questioning US fans views, so blame them not Europeans.
jamma10
8/31/2017 4:25am
The jumps here make the ones in the GP look like vet track jumps. The jumps here are way bigger than GP jumps no arguing with...
The jumps here make the ones in the GP look like vet track jumps. The jumps here are way bigger than GP jumps no arguing with that.
jamma10 wrote:
Actually there's a lot of arguing with that.

Because, quite frankly, it's a load of nonsense.
Park Boys wrote:
I was saying more how Supercross always injures guys before the MX season even starts that's far and away the biggest problem. This year though it...
I was saying more how Supercross always injures guys before the MX season even starts that's far and away the biggest problem. This year though it seemed MX hurt us more but usally it's SX. IMO the AMA MX tracks have a higher rate of injury as well due to most of them being faster layouts. The jump arguement is dumb, usually these guys are fine over them but the AMA has more that's not even debatable. Wouldn't say it makes GP tracks look like Vet tracks its Old School vs New, technique vs speed and race craft vs turning your brain off.
More jumps in general perhaps, but 'way bigger'?

Most obstacles like table tops etc are all pretty generic around the world these days. Some tracks in the US have one or two particularly large jumps; that awesome big booter at Ironman or the Skyshot at Unadilla for example, but it's not as if there are none in the GPs. Reed said the quad at Matterly Basin was one of the biggest jumps he'd ever hit.
BKoonts
9/1/2017 7:24am
Holy shit, not THIS again. Americans are notorious chest thumpers. It's a crappy trait and as an American MX fan it's embarrassing. Europeans and Australians alike have scolded American fans for the thumping of the chests, recognizing it as arrogant and unsportsmanlike. The funny thing is, when afforded the opportunity to either be the more mature group or start thumping your own chests you immediately choose the latter. By your actions you're no better than American fans. On a related note, staunchly defending the patch of dirt you happened to be born on against a bunch of strangers is God damn silly.

The Shop

YamahaJT1
9/1/2017 8:16am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 8:26am
BKoonts wrote:
Holy shit, not THIS again. Americans are notorious chest thumpers. It's a crappy trait and as an American MX fan it's embarrassing. Europeans and Australians alike...
Holy shit, not THIS again. Americans are notorious chest thumpers. It's a crappy trait and as an American MX fan it's embarrassing. Europeans and Australians alike have scolded American fans for the thumping of the chests, recognizing it as arrogant and unsportsmanlike. The funny thing is, when afforded the opportunity to either be the more mature group or start thumping your own chests you immediately choose the latter. By your actions you're no better than American fans. On a related note, staunchly defending the patch of dirt you happened to be born on against a bunch of strangers is God damn silly.
" On a related note, staunchly defending the patch of dirt you happened to be born on against a bunch of strangers is God damn silly."

Depends on the context... Are you French? J/K!

BKoonts
9/1/2017 8:50am
YamahaJT1 wrote:
" On a related note, staunchly defending the patch of dirt you happened to be born on against a bunch of strangers is God damn silly."...
" On a related note, staunchly defending the patch of dirt you happened to be born on against a bunch of strangers is God damn silly."

Ha! I should have said " a bunch of strangers armed only with words".
YamahaJT1
9/1/2017 9:21am
YamahaJT1 wrote:
" On a related note, staunchly defending the patch of dirt you happened to be born on against a bunch of strangers is God damn silly."...

BKoonts wrote:
Ha! I should have said " a bunch of strangers armed only with words".
All good, Sir!
9/1/2017 9:26am
BKoonts wrote:
Holy shit, not THIS again. Americans are notorious chest thumpers. It's a crappy trait and as an American MX fan it's embarrassing. Europeans and Australians alike...
This was a peaceful thread prior to this.

Post a reply to: US pro motocross

The Latest