US factory teams in for GP?

mr50racer
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 10:06pm
anyone??
|
500guy
4/5/2010 2:02pm
I wouldn't count any of them until they are actually on the track.

you know some Factory rigs may be there to support some existing GP Teams but weather any AMA riders will compete depends a lot on what happens at Hangtown.
Ozy
4/5/2010 2:36pm
I read on proride that some of the big sponsors like red bull are pushing the riders they sponsor to race this event . . . this was the rumor that I read. Just a rumor.
SRP33
4/5/2010 7:09pm
500guy wrote:
I wouldn't count any of them until they are actually on the track. you know some Factory rigs may be there to support some existing GP...
I wouldn't count any of them until they are actually on the track.

you know some Factory rigs may be there to support some existing GP Teams but weather any AMA riders will compete depends a lot on what happens at Hangtown.
What does Hangtown have to do with the GP ? not sure I follow
jmar
4/5/2010 7:28pm
I wouldn't expect to see any of the OEM teams at this event. Not that I agree with it, but they all have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

The Shop

jmar
4/5/2010 7:29pm
I wouldn't expect to see any of the OEM teams at this event. Not that I agree with it, but they all have nothing to gain and everything to lose.
Crush
4/5/2010 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:55pm
It would suck if at least a few top guys didn't....

I'd put down RV for sure, because he'd like to own Glen Helen in front of everyone like he always has... James & the honda guys - Red Bull connection, Alessi - "We Race", and Nick Wey cause he said he wants too... After that I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of them skip it...
mt798
4/5/2010 7:35pm
Crush wrote:
It would suck if at least a few top guys didn't.... I'd put down RV for sure, because he'd like to own Glen Helen in front...

I'd put down RV for sure, because he'd like to own Glen Helen in front of everyone like he always has... James & the honda guys - Red Bull connection, Alessi - "We Race", and Nick Wey cause he said he wants too... After that I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of them skip it...
James who?
Matthes
4/5/2010 7:36pm
Here's what's going to happen..

1st-Teams say no way we're doing it, screw that.

2nd- Red Bull gets JS7 and Honda to do it because, well because they own the GP's.

3rd- Riders start to complain to managers and want to go because Shorty and Millsaps will somehow be at an advantage riding the GP

4th-Teams realize that their testing settings are off because there's nothing like real race speed and bumps to make you realize that you need to do more testing.

5th- So some teams cave and do the race because, well because it's a race, it's close and easy to do.

6th- Eventually all OEM teams show up and race with the exception of Kawi who, if they go at all, will go in a box van and one or two of the guys.
jmar
4/5/2010 7:36pm
Crush wrote:
It would suck if at least a few top guys didn't.... I'd put down RV for sure, because he'd like to own Glen Helen in front...

It's not going to be RVs decision.

I think Wey might show up.
jaeckle
4/5/2010 7:38pm
Nothing to gain? Im more interested in this FIM USGP than I am hangtown. The entire industry is going to be there or watching both motos live on freecaster. It truly is the race of the year. My guess is Stewart will race. DeCoster will have Team Suzuki there. Participation at this event will speak volumes of the USA riders care and love for the heritage of this great sport. If USA riders don't race the USGP the FIM should ban USA from racing the MXoN this year.
jmar
4/5/2010 7:53pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:55pm
jaeckle wrote:
Nothing to gain? Im more interested in this FIM USGP than I am hangtown. The entire industry is going to be there or watching both motos...
Nothing to gain? Im more interested in this FIM USGP than I am hangtown. The entire industry is going to be there or watching both motos live on freecaster. It truly is the race of the year. My guess is Stewart will race. DeCoster will have Team Suzuki there. Participation at this event will speak volumes of the USA riders care and love for the heritage of this great sport. If USA riders don't race the USGP the FIM should ban USA from racing the MXoN this year.
It truly is the race of the year. My guess is Stewart will race. DeCoster will have Team Suzuki there. Participation at this event will speak volumes of the USA riders care and love for the heritage of this great sport.

I doubt James races and if I were a betting man, I would bet that DeCoster will not have his team in attendance.

I am not telling you that I like it. I am just telling what I think the reality of the whole thing is.
Neutra
4/5/2010 8:02pm
Matthes wrote:
Here's what's going to happen.. 1st-Teams say no way we're doing it, screw that. 2nd- Red Bull gets JS7 and Honda to do it because, well...

2nd- Red Bull gets JS7 and Honda to do it because, well because they own the GP's.

3rd- Riders start to complain to managers and want to go because Shorty and Millsaps will somehow be at an advantage riding the GP

4th-Teams realize that their testing settings are off because there's nothing like real race speed and bumps to make you realize that you need to do more testing.

5th- So some teams cave and do the race because, well because it's a race, it's close and easy to do.

6th- Eventually all OEM teams show up and race with the exception of Kawi who, if they go at all, will go in a box van and one or two of the guys.
I hope you're right. But we're in stage 1 so far. Everybody syas screw that.

I want to see some US factory boys try the USGP so bad..
jmar
4/5/2010 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:55pm
Matthes wrote:
Here's what's going to happen.. 1st-Teams say no way we're doing it, screw that. 2nd- Red Bull gets JS7 and Honda to do it because, well...

1st: Possibly, if you are talking about satellite teams.

2nd: I don't think so. It's not in their contracts and if they can't live with that, some other poisonous energy drink will cough up the dough for next year.

3rd: I agree

4th: I don't think so. They will opt to hit the test track in lieu of the GP. Much cheaper in the long run and no chance of looking foolish if something happens and they suffered a loss.

5th: Agreed with some of the satellite teams and faster privateers.

6th: Not a chance in hell. Excuses will be budget related.

Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/5/2010 8:26pm
Matthes wrote:

Did you verify this?

You should really name your sources. It would be a lot more believable.

When did Red Bull buy the GP's?

Your an idiot.
jmar
4/5/2010 8:27pm
Matthes wrote:

Regis wrote:
Did you verify this? You should really name your sources. It would be a lot more believable. When did Red Bull buy the GP's? Your an...
Did you verify this?

Your an idiot.
Did he keep his ear to the ground?Smile
jmar
4/5/2010 8:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:55pm

BobbyM
4/5/2010 9:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2010 9:22pm
jaeckle wrote:
Nothing to gain? Im more interested in this FIM USGP than I am hangtown. The entire industry is going to be there or watching both motos...
hey brainiac, a title is what pays the bills or are you too ignorant to know that about mx?

on the other hand a few showed up for the mx race that replaced the indian debacle and that was cool, but also at the end of the season
BobbyM
4/5/2010 9:20pm
fact is if the boys from america show up there may not be one euro in the top 6-10
moto329
4/5/2010 10:43pm
Regis wrote:
Did you verify this? You should really name your sources. It would be a lot more believable. When did Red Bull buy the GP's? Your an...
Did you verify this?

Your an idiot.
You meant "you're," idiot.
41NDT
4/6/2010 3:45am
Is this the 1st real legit world championship that Glenn Helen will run or has run. Not like the self claim to fame ones they run every year.
jmar
4/6/2010 6:12am
Don't replace the GH round of the outdoor nationals and maybe more teams will show. One of the major reasons that teams will not show is because this race wasn't in their budgets.

flarider
4/6/2010 6:29am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:55pm
Considering that I don't know anything, think about a few things

1. Contracts. Rider contracts are pretty clear on what they're expected to race. There aren't to many that I am aware of that have clauses with things like "because we say so" and "we decided we wanted to." I think it is fair to say all are contracted solely to their primary obligations, AMA SX and AMA MX. Anything an employer adds on to that would be additional, would be outside of their contract and might require negotiation.

2. Potential of injury. If a rider is racing an event outside of their primary contracted obligation (AMA SX and AMA MX), what happens in the event of injury during that event? Lot of lost potential income for the rider.

3. The race amounts to many what is essentially an "exhibition" race for them. There is no purse. There is no TV. The rider will not be in the championship series or title hunt. Unless their employer(s) or the promoter is willing to pay a significant amount of start money, there is little upside for riders like RV, RD, CR, JS or any other rider who could potentially be in a title fight for an AMA MX Championship

4. In this time of weak sales and minimal budgets, there is minimal upside in all of the costs to add in an additional race to the annual budget.
kongols
4/6/2010 6:44am
If non of american riders show up, mccread and a gang is gonna eat this place alive about running scared
jmar
4/6/2010 6:49am
flarider wrote:
Considering that I don't know anything, think about a few things 1. Contracts. Rider contracts are pretty clear on what they're expected to race. There aren't...
Considering that I don't know anything, think about a few things

1. Contracts. Rider contracts are pretty clear on what they're expected to race. There aren't to many that I am aware of that have clauses with things like "because we say so" and "we decided we wanted to." I think it is fair to say all are contracted solely to their primary obligations, AMA SX and AMA MX. Anything an employer adds on to that would be additional, would be outside of their contract and might require negotiation.

2. Potential of injury. If a rider is racing an event outside of their primary contracted obligation (AMA SX and AMA MX), what happens in the event of injury during that event? Lot of lost potential income for the rider.

3. The race amounts to many what is essentially an "exhibition" race for them. There is no purse. There is no TV. The rider will not be in the championship series or title hunt. Unless their employer(s) or the promoter is willing to pay a significant amount of start money, there is little upside for riders like RV, RD, CR, JS or any other rider who could potentially be in a title fight for an AMA MX Championship

4. In this time of weak sales and minimal budgets, there is minimal upside in all of the costs to add in an additional race to the annual budget.
I think its more budget related than anything else. If a rider didn't want to race the GP round, then yes the contractual obligations would come into play. If the rider did want to participate, a simple addendum could easily be drawn up by the legal department and signed by both parties. As far as the rider getting injured, that’s something that a team would have to weigh out.

If this race is going to be here for another four years, then MX Sports and YS should burry the hatchet and work this into the series. A race involving both the Americans and the world’s best GP riders is much bigger than a single event from either series.

BTW: I do believe that our top American riders have nothing to gain and everything to lose if they participated in this race.
Homey55
4/6/2010 6:53am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:55pm
What if they combined a GP and National?

Think about it. They would have to agree on a format for the day but score the GP riders separate from the National guys but run the race together. It would provide motivation for both classes of riders (GP & National) to do well. The only class that we do not have is MX3.

I know they won't do it this year but it would be a cool thing to see. I know we have MXoN but this is slightly different and it still determines a Championship at some point.
Sandberm
4/6/2010 6:58am
Isnt signing up to race a race in the world championships a little more difficult then just filling out a form and plopping down $100?

Dont you have to pay a team fee which is an exhorbanant amount of money? The format is set up similar to cycling where you have team.

I rememeber reading something like this last year where the likelyhood of a rider going out and riding his countries GP was cost prohibitive because of this high team entry fee?
flarider
4/6/2010 7:03am
Sandberm wrote:
Isnt signing up to race a race in the world championships a little more difficult then just filling out a form and plopping down $100? Dont...
Isnt signing up to race a race in the world championships a little more difficult then just filling out a form and plopping down $100?

Dont you have to pay a team fee which is an exhorbanant amount of money? The format is set up similar to cycling where you have team.

I rememeber reading something like this last year where the likelyhood of a rider going out and riding his countries GP was cost prohibitive because of this high team entry fee?
I am going back and forth with a GP team I help out in regards to logistics and finding an American to race for them, and that is part of this whole thing making it very fluid. There are meetings scheduled to go over all of these fees and if or how they'll apply to any Americans entering.

This whole thing is going to change a lot, and a few times, as we get closer, in order to have American racers involved
jbomx363
4/6/2010 7:23am
Nothing in it to win it except "I won a GP". Kind of pointless for top AMA guys unless they just want to embarrass some regular GP riders.

Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/6/2010 7:30am
Regis wrote:
Did you verify this?

Your an idiot.
moto329 wrote:
You meant "you're," idiot.
maybe in you're country its like that, not mine.
rileymx
4/6/2010 7:45am
i am really enjoying all the excuses i'm reading here........
comming from the people that bragg being the biggest and the best of the world its interesting that all they come out is excuses for not confronting the world........
from my point of view this race is of most importance for the us market, the patriotic feeling that americans have could make a huge market return for us sponsor, us riders are hugelly paid by world wide sponsor to promote their brand through their image, us factory teams race japonese brands that have their mxgp interests and might want their best paid riders in this race, long gone is the time where usa was a world by itself and even the big us brands need overseas sales to survive nowadays ....
all mxgp teams and sponsors didnt have this trip on the budget also but they all jumped to the chance to go and hope the top americans are there to race, they know how much there is to gain if thing work out good.........
the only reason for the top american riders not to race this race is the possibility of a defeat, cuz this time it is not a team race, top euros dont have to depend on their team mates results.......its man on man..........and us riders even have track advantage
so i was waiting for us fans to be all hyped to see their riders show the world that all the talk of the best riders and tracks and c-ships in the world is not only a wish......
but not so surprisingly..... all i see is excuses for them not to race
looks like that all american patriotic feeling only comes out when sure of the win......if the fight looks to be hard then they better stay home and be the best of "their" world...!!!!!!!!!!

Post a reply to: US factory teams in for GP?

The Latest