US Riders seem keen to go to Assen

Related:
Create New Tag

10/9/2018 6:10 AM

MXVice Podcasts have been posted, and the US riders seem to be keen to go to Assen if invited.

And DeCoster is saying when everyone on Vital is saying: Supercross is eating into Motocross to such a degree that AMA riders can no longer compete on the same level as FIM riders.
|

10/9/2018 6:12 AM

DV said he had heard they are bringing in alot of dirt instead of sand at Assen. To early to say i guess

|

10/9/2018 6:15 AM

We'll see. Don't be surprised when we send Anderson, Osborne and Covington and do better than we did this year. I still doubt we'll win since the French and Dutch will be extremely hard to beat but I wouldn't be shocked if those 3 went over and rode really well to a podium.

|

10/9/2018 6:18 AM

agn5009 wrote:

We'll see. Don't be surprised when we send Anderson, Osborne and Covington and do better than we did this year. I still doubt ...more

All eyes will be on the Dutch team - the pressure might bite them in their own backyard - although this seems very unlikely at the moment. But You never know - anything can happen at the MXON! ?

|

10/9/2018 6:24 AM

Man, what's with all this, "we might no go again" crap?

We had a bad day.
It happens.
Are we happy? No.
Do we always win? No.
Are we quitters? No.
|

10/9/2018 6:34 AM

ProbablyDave wrote: MXVice Podcasts have been posted, and the US riders seem to be keen to go to Assen if invited.

And DeCoster is saying when ...more

That DeCoster must be a troll.

|

10/9/2018 6:41 AM

?rel=0&start=1
|

10/9/2018 8:06 AM

Thanks for posting that.

Who is the interviewer?

|

10/9/2018 10:06 AM

agn5009 wrote:

We'll see. Don't be surprised when we send Anderson, Osborne and Covington and do better than we did this year. I still doubt ...more

I'd agree

|

10/9/2018 10:32 AM

I agree 100% with what decoster touched on. Our top riders spend so much of their time all in on supercross. That is ok for us because we love our supercross but it does hurt our part time outdoors level compared to the rest of the world that can focus on the outdoors.

|

10/9/2018 10:33 AM

Just curious , what's the weather like this time of year there also what was it like last weekend ?

|

10/9/2018 10:36 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

Thanks for posting that.

Who is the interviewer?

Lewis Phillips

|

10/9/2018 10:40 AM

Sideways wrote:

DV said he had heard they are bringing in alot of dirt instead of sand at Assen. To early to say i guess

I doubt it, cuz they get the sand for free right now if i'm not mistaken. And why in godsname would they? If it rains they will be fucked. Cuz last time it rained alot,they were lucky with the sand, otherwise it would have been a real mudfest!

|

10/9/2018 10:44 AM

500guy wrote:

Just curious , what's the weather like this time of year there also what was it like last weekend ?

It's Holland, we never know what kinda weather it'll belaughing laughing laughing

|

10/9/2018 10:46 AM

Sideways wrote:

63mark wrote:

I doubt it, cuz they get the sand for free right now if i'm not mistaken. And why in godsname would they? If it rains they ...more

Yup, they borrow it from the Army terrain right next to the circuit.

|

10/9/2018 10:49 AM

The weather here was great no rain all dry and nice temperature like 20c

|

10/9/2018 10:52 AM

Updated 2019 AMA Pro Motocross Schedule:

May 18 - Life's A Beach Imperial Sand Dunes MX
May 25 - Lucas Oil Glamis MX
June 1 - Ocean Spray Oceano Dunes MX
June 15 - High Point National (over 500 loads of sand have been ordered)
June 22 - Florida National @ Jacksonville
June 29 - Southwick (hearing extra beach sand has been added with more on the way)
July 6 - Red Bud
July 20 - Spring Creek National
July 27 - Glamis #2
August 17 - Unadilla
August 24 - Croom Motorcycle Area
August 31 - Miami South Beach National
Sept 7 - Wildwood NJ Beach MX
Sept 21 - International AMA Pro MX Invitational, Assen

|

10/9/2018 10:54 AM

agn5009 wrote:

It's not a bad idea at all

|

Power is nothing without control

10/9/2018 11:05 AM

etccb wrote:

I agree 100% with what decoster touched on. Our top riders spend so much of their time all in on supercross. That is ok for us ...more

Add in injuries guys have that carries into outdoors, missing half the races. I don't really seeing it happen for a long time. Isn't Feld considering more SX races? Team USA said they almost didn't recognize Red Bud because of the way the track was prepped. I only saw 1 rutted section as opposed to the normal slot car track USA is used to racing on. Also track owners hauling in dirt that makes all the teams run the same basic tire throughout the year. Euros race some frankly shit track surfaces and they still go really fast. Euros have the greater skill set right now.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

10/9/2018 11:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2018 11:16 AM

Paul_Jacky wrote:

But it can also be pouring rain horizontally in your face with temperatures of 5’ Celsius. Those are the days you wish you were in Malibu. Next to you, in Maaaalibuuuu... ?

|

10/9/2018 11:18 AM

ga_pike, mind if I share that on Racerhead?!!

Good stuff.

DC
Racer X

|

10/9/2018 11:24 AM

I hope they do, maybe the tables will turn and everyone will be wanting to beat the Dutch, pressure will be off the yanks and onto the Dutch shoulders,u never know the yanks may quietly be in with half a chance .... I doubt it tho, but who knows

|

10/9/2018 11:53 AM

Paul_Jacky wrote:

Aryen wrote:

But it can also be pouring rain horizontally in your face with temperatures of 5’ Celsius. Those are the days you wish you ...more

Dont fight the climate let it get warmer and we will have a dry race then

|

10/9/2018 12:16 PM

63mark wrote:

It's Holland, we never know what kinda weather it'll belaughing laughing laughing

if it would have been in Netherlands this weekend , the weather would have been perfect

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

10/9/2018 12:52 PM

DC wrote:

ga_pike, mind if I share that on Racerhead?!!

Good stuff.

DC
Racer X

Sure thing.

|

10/9/2018 1:08 PM

KDXGarage wrote:

Thanks for posting that.

Who is the interviewer?

philG wrote:

Lewis Phillips

Yeah, I did all of those. I do interviews like that at every MXGP round and then the MXoN.

Thanks for listening!

|

Editor at MXVice.com.

10/9/2018 2:31 PM

agn5009 wrote:

I would support that team...

|

10/9/2018 2:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2018 3:47 PM

I will bet this was the last MXDN that you will see Tomac at no matter how many more AMA titles and races he wins.

|

Ed Johnson

10/9/2018 2:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2018 2:56 PM

agn5009 wrote:

I think the best thing Osborne ever did was go race the MXGPs . When he came back after running the GPs is when he started to really go fast. I think the younger riders would benefit more than ex factory riders who cant get a ride in the US anymore. If they ride a couple seasons of GPs then ride the US series I think more riders would be like Osborne and really up their game.

|

Ed Johnson

10/9/2018 2:56 PM

wideopen198 wrote:

Yup, they borrow it from the Army terrain right next to the circuit.

How the hell do you borrow sand?

|